Oct 14, 2004
mountain grove missouri
Visit site
✟8,687.00
Faith
Christian
“There is no pit so deep that God is not there.”

CORRIE TEN BOOM

“And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.”

MATTHEW 9:35 KJV

Teaching and preaching, what do they have in common, and how do they differ? I like what the Dake Annotated Reference Bible has to say about this. Share this with me: “Preaching is for the purpose of calling the attention of men to truth, while teaching is the work of making the truth clear.” We need both, just to sit and listen to good preaching can be fun and exciting or humbling and sobering, but we need some instruction and teaching to fully understand. Most sermons today that are prepared based on a truth, and main idea running through them, will present the truth, explain the truth, and give examples of the truth and how we may apply it to our lives. This is preaching and teaching, and this is how Jesus went about all the cities and villages. After the truth has been shown and explained lights will come on in our being. We will appear as if “the lights are on” and somebody is home too. Once the lights have been turned on healing will take place. Whether it is emotional, physical, or spiritual healing, with the lights on it will happen. I can relate preaching, teaching and healing in my life in several areas. I can first apply this to my understand that God is for me and not against me, and my realization that God’s saving grace was available to me even when I was sitting there in the filth that I called my life. When the lights came on I was able to see to clean up, and receive spiritual healing. I can also apply preaching, teaching, and healing to my recovery from alcohol and drug addiction. Being totally powerless over alcohol and drugs I could not help myself. I tried and tried, but always slid back into my old habits. I was hopeless, helpless, and harming myself. Ever since my early days of alcohol abuse I knew of AA. Somewhere, sometime, someone had preached AA to me and had called my attention to the truth of a life without the miseries brought on by drugs and alcohol. Later on by going to meetings, having a sponsor to explain and teach me, and reading the books, I was able to apply abstinence, sobriety, and serenity to my life. The lights came on and healing began. First came the physical healing, my body absent of the stress of drugs began to rebound, regenerate, and renew. Second came the emotional healing as I began to become aware of some of my character defects and deal with them properly. Third came spiritual healing as I found myself wanting to be closer to God, and reaching out to others in some way. May I always listen for the truth, the explanation, and the application, and God will do for me what I could not do for myself………………….JRE

“God still draws near to me in the ordinary, common place, everyday experiences and places……He comes in surprising ways.”

HENRY GARIEPY

“Try to be thankful for whatever vision you have. Try to perform, in the little things, faithful service to God and others. Do your part every day in a spirit of service to God. Be a doer of God’s word, not a hearer only. In your daily life try to keep faith with God. Every day brings a new opportunity to be of some use. Even when you are tempted to rest or let things go or to evade the issue, make it a habit to meet the issue squarely as a challenge and not to hold back.”

HAZELDEN…………………Twenty-Four Hours A Day