1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. We are holding our 2022 Angel Ministry Drive now. Please consider signing up, or if you have any questions about being an Angel, use our staff application form. The world needs more prayer now, and it is a great way to help other members of the forums. :) To Apply...click here

The Life of George Clark Rankin

Discussion in 'Wesley's Parish - Methodist/ Nazarene' started by rockytopva, Jul 5, 2013.

1. rockytopva

rockytopva Love to pray! :) Supporter

+7,162
    Pentecostal
    Single
    6,400 views... Great! I like bringing people back to the roots of our Methodist heritage, I visited the site of the old Asbury camp meeting in Rural Retreat Va, and presented the pastor with a copy of the George Clark Rankin book.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. rockytopva

+7,162
    Pentecostal
    Single
    And they overcame him (the accuser) by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. - Revelation 12:11

I have posted my testimony on Google Drive and am also printing this out for others to enjoy. I have also woven the George Clark Rankin testimony as well. I advertise myself Pentecostal Holiness, which was formed by a Methodist evangelist. Charles Stanley, a Baptist and former president of the Southern Baptist Convention; and C.M. Ward, a former Assemblies of God radio preacher claimed to have been raised Pentecostal Holiness.

But the heart of this devotional posted below is to bring out the beauties of the old Methodist revival.

George Clark Rankin - Rockytopva Testimony

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  3. rockytopva

+7,162
    Pentecostal
    Single
    The Methodist - Were at their best during the Civil War Generation as told by George Clark Rankin
    The Pentecostal Holiness -Were at their best during the World War generations

The Pentecostal Holiness arose from the Methodist church of the 1800's and the methods of service were exactly like the Methodist of that time. It would be nice to go back in time and sit with the old timers at the Merrimac Pentecostal Holiness church. Old Evans Linkous used to sit on the front pew and weep like a baby. And if he looked back to catch the amazed look in my eye he would weep, "The Holy Ghost! The Holy Ghost!" And point to all the souls blessed around the altar. To the old timers the religion was accompanied with a, "Joy Unspeakable and Full of Glory!" You can hear Dallas shouting in the background in the video below. Dallas, Evans, and the singer, Preacher Vaught, have all moved on to Glory.
    [​IMG]

There was also a spirit here in Virginia like in the old Walton reruns, in which my family would all "good night" us as we were all put to bed. The revival type atmosphere died away with the old World War II generation. The old WW2 generation used to encourage me in revival.The last words I can remember Dallas saying to me was, "There are no more revivals."

And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. - Matthew 24:12

I worry, because virtue is not knowledge, that the love, warmth, hope, and goodness will basically dissipate away.

4. rockytopva

+7,162
    Pentecostal
    Single
  5. rockytopva

+7,162
    Pentecostal
    Single
    Trying to capture the Shouting Methodist spirit in George Clark Rankin times....