Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This is a recipe for Fat Tuesday, so you have missed your chance to make them this year. In Southcentral Pennsylvania the Pennsylvania Dutch (who are actually German, not Dutch) make fastnachts--deep-fried doughnuts--to use up all the fats and sugar in the house before Lent. An excellent recipe can be found here: German Deep-Fried Doughnuts. The recipe recommends spreading molasses on them, but I prefer them with quince jelly.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is a recipe for Fat Tuesday, so you have missed your chance to make them this year. In Southcentral Pennsylvania the Pennsylvania Dutch (who are actually German, not Dutch) make fastnachts--deep-fried doughnuts--to use up all the fats and sugar in the house before Lent. An excellent recipe can be found here: German Deep-Fried Doughnuts. The recipe recommends spreading molasses on them, but I prefer them with quince jelly.
Thank you! That’s an idea before Lent. I have never tried them.

Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
I found a bag of shrimp in the freezer that had been there from since who knows when. I soaked them in salt water as they were freezer burned pretty bad and made some pretty hot cocktail sauce to mask the taste. They were still fairly awful, but I don't think it is a time to waste p

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I found a bag of shrimp in the freezer that had been there from since who knows when. I soaked them in salt water as they were freezer burned pretty bad and made some pretty hot cocktail sauce to mask the taste. They were still fairly awful, but I don't think it is a time to waste p
That sounds awful. Lol!

Upvote 0