North Carolina
✟16,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
What would it do for the black community if those aren't the types of guns they're killing each other with?
Nothing. But why ask me since you and Oompa insist that I have no interest in the situation and have made no suggestions for improving it beyond demanding that assault weapons be banned? As I told you, if you expect me to defend a stupid proposition like that then you are going to have to supply the arguments yourselves.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Whenever a post starts out this way I can tell without reading the rest of it that it will be a wild misstatement of the person being quoted. As it is in this case.

But you were the one to bring up black-on-black crime as an argument against banning assault weapons. Tell me how NOT banning assault rifles will make blacks any safer?

The same way banning anything else won't make them safer.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Buffalo Resident after Tops Grocery Store attack:"Something has to change…If more people were armed"

Well, thing is, if more people were armed but aimed center mass they'd still have the same problem. The handgun rounds would be stopped by the body armor and the active shooter would have the advantage, having more target area against the people shooting at him than they have on him.
Most people don't go for headshots in self defense situations, and even with body armor being a factor, I don't think that's going to change, I don't think people are going to train for headshots in self defense situations because they're more likely to miss.

So I think body armor has got to go.

This guy went into a grocery store rather than a school, where he knew it'd be possible he'd be shot back at by concealed carriers, but they'd have handguns, and aim center mass.
He knew all this and prepared for it.
He went on this rampage knowing he'd be taken alive, his manifesto would be out there for people to read, and he is in a state with no death penalty.
He thinks he'll have a long time to get his message out to the outside to spark his race war.
He was inspired by the Christchurch NZ shooter.
who similarly, will not be executed.
he'll be able to get his manifestos out to other people who visit him in prison or through the mail.
Terrorists need to be executed because they can influence people to carry out their evil on the outside.

• Useful
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Please describe the best proposal for reducing gun violence. And please, a restatement of the problem is not necessarily a solution. A solution is something we can actually do.

Convince people to not shoot each other, or to commit crimes where they end up deservedly getting shot.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,079.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
It's not a deflection. You brought it up. Nice try at deflecting from your own statement.

The operative word you just used is "let.". If someone commits a felony to break into my house I'm not "letting" them do anything.
If you leave a gun unattended on your kitchen table and a neighbourhood kid comes in, plays with it and kills themselves that is your fault.

• Winner
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Wow! I am so glad that you mentioned this one. I thought conservatives were dead set against registration. Something about registration being the first step toward government confiscation of all weapons. But yes, I am totally on board with this proposal!!!

Here in the USA, our vehicles are all registered, and it has resulted in zero deaths from vehicular homicides ever since.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If you leave a gun unattended on your kitchen table and a neighbourhood kid comes in, plays with it and kills themselves that is your fault.

Not many guns are left on kitchen tables.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So yeah, criminals MAY not care about laws. I'm more worried about the NOT criminals who then can VERY easily decide to commit crimes of convenience.
Do you "Minority Report" much?

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,079.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
It's better to get definitions figured out if you want a meaningful conversation. Otherwise you just end up throwing words and phrases around that don't mean anything. "Assault weapon, mass shooting, weapon of war, high capacity, automatic, and high caliber" all come to mind.
Killing kids with guns. There: no more dissembling needed. You’re not going to stop Americans killing each other, it’s part of their culture. But you can make it as hard as possible for people to get hold of them.

That’s the core of the issue. Some folks think the level of child death is acceptable when the trade is owning guns.

That’s the American way.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Convince people to not shoot each other, or to commit crimes where they end up deservedly getting shot.

Unfortunately for Ashli Babbitt, someone else was more convincing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
But it’s n that specific example you would have responsibility, yes or no?
It would probably depend on the state and if you had a reason to suspect your neighbor would do something like that. Odds are, if it was an adult neighbor who came into your house and whom you had no reason to know or believe they were a danger to themselves or others you would not face charges. (This is especially true if we reported to authorities when you realized the gun was missing.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If that were the case then why do people ( in some areas get out sometimes on bail sometimes on their OR and get arrested again for violent crimes days later?
The jails are over crowded and the taxpayers don’t want to pay for more jails, especially if those jails are nearby. You are complaining about sentencing. The US put a whole bunch of Black men in jail in the Clinton era under “get tough” guidelines but it didn’t really do much except fill up the jails.

More treatment costs more money. More jails cost more money.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,667.00
Faith
Pentecostal
You are a liar. If you want me to care more about assault weapons than black on black crime you and your couch-potato minute man buddies are going to have to bring them to my house.

How many people have these couch potatoe minute men buddies with pretend arm rifles murdered over the 20 years? You are so afraid of a non-existent threat.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Apparently red flag laws don't work either. The shooter had been flagged and still bought guns and shot kids. He was evaluated psychologically and wasn't found to be a danger. So this is evidence that so many of these suggested regulations don't work.

It seems that the only real solution to stop all crime is to lock everyone up before they have the chance to kill or do anything else wrong. No freedom, but everyone is safe--just like people in prison are.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Apparently red flag laws don't work either. The shooter had been flagged and still bought guns and shot kids. He was evaluated psychologically and wasn't found to be a danger. So this is evidence that so many of these suggested regulations don't work.
A red flag that isn’t a barrier to immediate purchase is more like a checkered flag.

Upvote 0

ottawak

Aug 1, 2021
North Carolina
✟16,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
How many people have these couch potatoe minute men buddies with pretend arm rifles murdered over the 20 years? You are so afraid of a non-existent threat.
I'm not afraid of them--just contemptuous.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Here in the USA, our vehicles are all registered, and it has resulted in zero deaths from vehicular homicides ever since.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Gonna have to remember that one.........

• Haha
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.