✟79,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
LDS Teachings:
Jesus Christ possessed merits that no other being could possibly have. He was a God, Jehovah, before His birth in Bethlehem. His beloved Father not only gave Him His spirit body, but Jesus was His Only Begotten Son in the flesh. Our Master lived a perfect, sinless life and therefore was free from the demands of justice. He is perfect in every attribute, including love, compassion, patience, obedience, forgiveness, and humility. His mercy pays our debt to justice when we repent and obey Him. Since with even our best efforts to obey His teachings we will still fall short, because of His grace we will be “saved, after all we can do.”4
“...I testify that with unimaginable suffering and agony at an incalculable price, the Savior earned His right to be our Redeemer, our Intermediary, our Final Judge.”

Richard G. Scott, “The Atonement Can Secure Your Peace and Happiness,” Ensign or Liahona, Nov. 2006, 42.
The Atonement Can Secure Your Peace and Happiness

“Jesus kept the commandments of his Father and thereby worked out his own salvation, and also set an example as to the way and means whereby all men may be saved.”
Bruce R. McConkie, The Mortal Messiah

Christ kept the faith and walked uprightly. He went from grace to grace, from a small degree of intelligence to a higher, until he gained the fullness of the glory of the Father. (See D&C 93:6–17.) In other words, through his mortal probation he worked out his salvation and was finally able to say, after his resurrection, that all power was given him in heaven and on earth. (See Matt. 28:17–18.)
Bruce R. McConkie, Households of Faith, Ensign, April 1971
Households of Faith

mom-plus-dad-equals-you-72.png

Jesus had a mother on earth. What was her name? (Mary.) But who was his real father? (Heavenly Father.) So you see, Jesus is the only person who had our Heavenly Father as the father of his body.
LDS (Mormon) Family Home Evening Manual, 1972, p. 126

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
LDS Teachings:
Jesus Christ possessed merits that no other being could possibly have. He was a God, Jehovah, before His birth in Bethlehem. His beloved Father not only gave Him His spirit body, but Jesus was His Only Begotten Son in the flesh. Our Master lived a perfect, sinless life and therefore was free from the demands of justice. He is perfect in every attribute, including love, compassion, patience, obedience, forgiveness, and humility. His mercy pays our debt to justice when we repent and obey Him. Since with even our best efforts to obey His teachings we will still fall short, because of His grace we will be “saved, after all we can do.”4
“...I testify that with unimaginable suffering and agony at an incalculable price, the Savior earned His right to be our Redeemer, our Intermediary, our Final Judge.”

Richard G. Scott, “The Atonement Can Secure Your Peace and Happiness,” Ensign or Liahona, Nov. 2006, 42.
The Atonement Can Secure Your Peace and Happiness

“Jesus kept the commandments of his Father and thereby worked out his own salvation, and also set an example as to the way and means whereby all men may be saved.”
Bruce R. McConkie, The Mortal Messiah

Christ kept the faith and walked uprightly. He went from grace to grace, from a small degree of intelligence to a higher, until he gained the fullness of the glory of the Father. (See D&C 93:6–17.) In other words, through his mortal probation he worked out his salvation and was finally able to say, after his resurrection, that all power was given him in heaven and on earth. (See Matt. 28:17–18.)
Bruce R. McConkie, Households of Faith, Ensign, April 1971
Households of Faith

Jesus had a mother on earth. What was her name? (Mary.) But who was his real father? (Heavenly Father.) So you see, Jesus is the only person who had our Heavenly Father as the father of his body.
LDS (Mormon) Family Home Evening Manual, 1972, p. 126
Jesus Christ was born of Mary and therefore He is the only begotten of the Father. He is now a resurrected being who has a body of flesh and bones. He is the Savior and Redeemer. Those who LOVE Him keep His commandments.

• Friendly
Reactions: Daniel Marsh
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Jesus Christ was born of Mary and therefore He is the only begotten of the Father. He is now a resurrected being who has a body of flesh and bones. He is the Savior and Redeemer. Those who LOVE Him keep His commandments.

Those who believe the word of God (B-i-b-l-e) do not believe the Mormon teachings of my previous post nor do they follow the false prophet Joseph Smith.

Proverbs 30:6 NIV
Do not add to his words, or he will rebuke you and prove you a liar.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Those who believe the word of God (B-i-b-l-e) do not believe the Mormon teachings of my previous post nor do they follow the false prophet Joseph Smith.

Jesus Christ is NOT dead NOR do His words cease.

• Winner
Reactions: Daniel Marsh
Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married

I believe the bible. And I believe in JS. Huh?

Reactions: He is the way
Upvote 0

mac777

Nov 13, 2020
midlands
✟15,906.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Whom amongst you believe that Jesus arose from the dead? Does not scripture attest yes even from Jewish witness in said Scripture that His body was missing from the tomb?
That He appeared unto His Jewish disciples declaring that He was not a spirit/ghost, that in their presence ate fish, let them touch Him, feel the scars in His hands and feet.
Did He not ascend to heaven in the presence of His disciples, in that revived body that had suffered death for three days in the tomb, did not an Angel as he ascended say that He would return in like manner.
Whom of all the churches of today believe that Jesus presides in heaven with His Ressurected body, a body that had laid dead in a tomb for three days?
Those that say Jesus is a Spirit in heaven, that he has not a body there, deny His arising from the dead and the testimony of the ancient apostles...

• Agree
Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Jesus Christ is NOT dead NOR do His words cease.

Our Jesus is not yours.

“It is true that many of the Christian churches worship a different Jesus Christ than is worshipped by the Mormons or The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.” (LDS Seventy Bernard P. Brockbank in General Conference, Ensign, May 1977, 26)

"In bearing testimony of Jesus Christ, President Hinckley spoke of those outside the Church who say Latter-day Saints 'do not believe in the traditional Christ.' 'No, I don't. The traditional Christ of whom they speak is not the Christ of whom I speak. For the Christ of whom I speak has been revealed in this the Dispensation of the Fullness of Times. He together with His Father, appeared to the boy Joseph Smith in the year 1820, and when Joseph left the grove that day, he knew more of the nature of God than all the learned ministers of the gospel of the ages.'" (LDS Church News Week ending June 20, 1998, p. 7).

“As a Church we have critics, many of them. They say we do not believe in the traditional Christ of Christianity. There is some substance to what they say.” (Gordon B. Hinckley in General Conference, Ensign, May 2002, 90)

"We declare that Jesus is the Firstborn Son of our Heavenly Father in the spirit and the Only Begotten Son of God in mortality. He is a God, one of the three in the Godhead. He is the Savior and Redeemer of the human race. In a premortal council at which we were all present, He accepted our Father’s great plan of happiness for His children and was chosen by the Father to give effect to that plan. He led the forces of good against those of Satan and his followers in a battle for the souls of men that began before this world was formed. That conflict continues today. We were all on the side of Jesus then. We are on the side of Jesus today.

"The Atonement of Jesus Christ, an act of pure love, overcame the effects of the Fall and provided the way for all mankind to return to the presence of God. As part of the Atonement, the Savior overcame physical death and provided immortality for every one of God’s children through the Resurrection. He also overcame spiritual death and provided the possibility of eternal life, the life that God lives and the greatest of all the gifts of God. This He did by taking upon Himself the suffering for the sins of all humankind."
Christians in Belief and Action

God himself was once as we are now, and is an exalted man, and sits enthroned in yonder heavens! That is the great secret. ...—I say, if you were to see him today, you would see him like a man in form—like yourselves in all the person, image, and very form as a man; ...In order to understand the subject of the dead, for consolation of those who mourn for the loss of their friends, it is necessary we should understand the character and being of God and how he came to be so; for I am going to tell you how God came to be God. We have imagined and supposed that God was God from all eternity. I will refute that idea, and take away the veil, so that you may see.

CHRIST GAINED FULNESS AFTER RESURRECTION. The Savior did not have a fulness at first, but after he received his body and the resurrection all power was given him in both heaven and earth. Although he was a God, even the Son of God, with power and authority to create this earth and other earths, yet there were some things lacking which he did not receive until after his resurrection. In other words he had not received the fulness until he got a resurrected body, and the same is true with those who through faithfulness become sons of God. Our bodies are essential to the fulness and continuation of the seeds forever.
Joseph Fielding Smith, Doctrines of Salvation, Vol. 1, p. 33

Doctrine and Covenants 93
11 And I, John, bear record that I beheld his glory, as the glory of the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth, even the Spirit of truth, which came and dwelt in the flesh, and dwelt among us.
12 And I, John, saw that he received not of the fulness at the first, but received grace for grace;
13 And he received not of the fulness at first, but continued from grace to grace, until he received a fulness;
14 And thus he was called the Son of God, because he received not of the fulness at the first.

Doctrine and Covenants 132
19 And again, verily I say unto you, if a man marry a wife by my word, which is my law, and by the new and everlasting covenant, and it is sealed unto them by the Holy Spirit of promise, by him who is anointed, unto whom I have appointed this power and the keys of this priesthood; and it shall be said unto them—Ye shall come forth in the first resurrection; and if it be after the first resurrection, in the next resurrection; and shall inherit thrones, kingdoms, principalities, and powers, dominions, all heights and depths—then shall it be written in the Lamb’s Book of Life, that he shall commit no murder whereby to shed innocent blood, and if ye abide in my covenant, and commit no murder whereby to shed innocent blood, it shall be done unto them in all things whatsoever my servant hath put upon them, in time, and through all eternity; and shall be of full force when they are out of the world; and they shall pass by the angels, and the gods, which are set there, to their exaltation and glory in all things, as hath been sealed upon their heads, which glory shall be a fulness and a continuation of the seeds forever and ever.

• Agree
Reactions: BigDaddy4
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Our Jesus is not yours.

“It is true that many of the Christian churches worship a different Jesus Christ than is worshipped by the Mormons or The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.” (LDS Seventy Bernard P. Brockbank in General Conference, Ensign, May 1977, 26)

"In bearing testimony of Jesus Christ, President Hinckley spoke of those outside the Church who say Latter-day Saints 'do not believe in the traditional Christ.' 'No, I don't. The traditional Christ of whom they speak is not the Christ of whom I speak. For the Christ of whom I speak has been revealed in this the Dispensation of the Fullness of Times. He together with His Father, appeared to the boy Joseph Smith in the year 1820, and when Joseph left the grove that day, he knew more of the nature of God than all the learned ministers of the gospel of the ages.'" (LDS Church News Week ending June 20, 1998, p. 7).

“As a Church we have critics, many of them. They say we do not believe in the traditional Christ of Christianity. There is some substance to what they say.” (Gordon B. Hinckley in General Conference, Ensign, May 2002, 90)

"We declare that Jesus is the Firstborn Son of our Heavenly Father in the spirit and the Only Begotten Son of God in mortality. He is a God, one of the three in the Godhead. He is the Savior and Redeemer of the human race. In a premortal council at which we were all present, He accepted our Father’s great plan of happiness for His children and was chosen by the Father to give effect to that plan. He led the forces of good against those of Satan and his followers in a battle for the souls of men that began before this world was formed. That conflict continues today. We were all on the side of Jesus then. We are on the side of Jesus today.

"The Atonement of Jesus Christ, an act of pure love, overcame the effects of the Fall and provided the way for all mankind to return to the presence of God. As part of the Atonement, the Savior overcame physical death and provided immortality for every one of God’s children through the Resurrection. He also overcame spiritual death and provided the possibility of eternal life, the life that God lives and the greatest of all the gifts of God. This He did by taking upon Himself the suffering for the sins of all humankind."
Christians in Belief and Action

God himself was once as we are now, and is an exalted man, and sits enthroned in yonder heavens! That is the great secret. ...—I say, if you were to see him today, you would see him like a man in form—like yourselves in all the person, image, and very form as a man; ...In order to understand the subject of the dead, for consolation of those who mourn for the loss of their friends, it is necessary we should understand the character and being of God and how he came to be so; for I am going to tell you how God came to be God. We have imagined and supposed that God was God from all eternity. I will refute that idea, and take away the veil, so that you may see.

CHRIST GAINED FULNESS AFTER RESURRECTION. The Savior did not have a fulness at first, but after he received his body and the resurrection all power was given him in both heaven and earth. Although he was a God, even the Son of God, with power and authority to create this earth and other earths, yet there were some things lacking which he did not receive until after his resurrection. In other words he had not received the fulness until he got a resurrected body, and the same is true with those who through faithfulness become sons of God. Our bodies are essential to the fulness and continuation of the seeds forever.
Joseph Fielding Smith, Doctrines of Salvation, Vol. 1, p. 33

Doctrine and Covenants 93
11 And I, John, bear record that I beheld his glory, as the glory of the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth, even the Spirit of truth, which came and dwelt in the flesh, and dwelt among us.
12 And I, John, saw that he received not of the fulness at the first, but received grace for grace;
13 And he received not of the fulness at first, but continued from grace to grace, until he received a fulness;
14 And thus he was called the Son of God, because he received not of the fulness at the first.

Doctrine and Covenants 132
19 And again, verily I say unto you, if a man marry a wife by my word, which is my law, and by the new and everlasting covenant, and it is sealed unto them by the Holy Spirit of promise, by him who is anointed, unto whom I have appointed this power and the keys of this priesthood; and it shall be said unto them—Ye shall come forth in the first resurrection; and if it be after the first resurrection, in the next resurrection; and shall inherit thrones, kingdoms, principalities, and powers, dominions, all heights and depths—then shall it be written in the Lamb’s Book of Life, that he shall commit no murder whereby to shed innocent blood, and if ye abide in my covenant, and commit no murder whereby to shed innocent blood, it shall be done unto them in all things whatsoever my servant hath put upon them, in time, and through all eternity; and shall be of full force when they are out of the world; and they shall pass by the angels, and the gods, which are set there, to their exaltation and glory in all things, as hath been sealed upon their heads, which glory shall be a fulness and a continuation of the seeds forever and ever.
We worship the Jesus of the Bible:

(New Testament | Luke 2:52)

52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.

(New Testament | Matthew 3:17)

17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

(New Testament | 1 John 3:2)

2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

(New Testament | Luke 13:32)

32 And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.

(New Testament | Ephesians 4:12 - 13)

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

(New Testament | Colossians 1:12 - 19)

12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

32 And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Our Jesus was not a "spiritual child" of the Father and one of His heavenly wives. Our Jesus did not come to earth to earn His salvation and become God---He already was God, One with the Father and the creator of all NOT "A" GOD. He came to save us---the ones He created.

Reactions: BigDaddy4
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mac777

Nov 13, 2020
midlands
✟15,906.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Most christians believe in a God that did not arise from the dead, for they follow the pagan greek doctrines that life after death is simply a endless existance as a ghost/Spirit, Hence they claim that Jesus after he arose from the dead arose as a Spirit, that he ascended to heaven as a spirit and presides in heaven as a spirit, hence they are denieing the literal ressurection of our Lord Jesus.
Biblical scripture attests clearly that Jesus body laid dead in a tomb for three days,after that three days that dead body of Jesus was revived, was brought back to life.
He showed his power over life and death by appearing to Mary and the apostles in that body that was slain and thst had been brought back to life again.
He stated to his apostles that he was not a ghost/spirit and ate fish in their presence, let them touch, feel that physical body that had been slain and that was now alive again, He did this to prove the literal ressurection from the dead.
Before their eyes in said body ascended to heaven, an Angel said he would return in like manner, ie He would return in that ressurected body at the last day.

Luke 24:39, as He appeared unto the disciples: “Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.”

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Mormons don't agree on how many gods they worship or which one. You don't have anymore authority to make that claim than any other would be god. And most Mormons, if any, don't worship the God of the Bible.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Our Jesus was not a "spiritual child" of the Father and one of His heavenly wives. Our Jesus did not come to earth to earn His salvation and become God---He already was God, One with the Father and the creator of all NOT "A" GOD. He came to save us---the ones He created.

He did not come to save every person on earth.

John 10
11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

John 10
26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Whom amongst you believe that Jesus arose from the dead? Does not scripture attest yes even from Jewish witness in said Scripture that His body was missing from the tomb?
That He appeared unto His Jewish disciples declaring that He was not a spirit/ghost, that in their presence ate fish, let them touch Him, feel the scars in His hands and feet.
Did He not ascend to heaven in the presence of His disciples, in that revived body that had suffered death for three days in the tomb, did not an Angel as he ascended say that He would return in like manner.
Whom of all the churches of today believe that Jesus presides in heaven with His Ressurected body, a body that had laid dead in a tomb for three days?
Those that say Jesus is a Spirit in heaven, that he has not a body there, deny His arising from the dead and the testimony of the ancient apostles...

This thread is not to or about anyone who doesn't believe that Jesus resurrected Himself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

He came to save the ones whom He gave new birth. "Ye must be born again."

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
He did not come to save every person on earth.

John 10
11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

John 10
26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

That I have to disagree with. He would have come for just one person. He wants everyone to be saved---however, not everyone will accept His sacrifice. He paid the price for everyone. Their choice.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Mormons don't agree on how many gods they worship or which one. You don't have anymore authority to make that claim than any other would be god. And most Mormons, of any, don't worship the God of the Bible.
For us there is one God, the Father:

(New Testament | 1 Corinthians 8:5 - 6)

5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

We worship both God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, nor is it wrong to worship both of them. God the Father sent His Son to be the Redeemer of those who obey His Son:

(New Testament | Hebrews 5:7 - 9)

7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;
8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Therefore we believe in the God of the Bible.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
That I have to disagree with. He would have come for just one person. He wants everyone to be saved---however, not everyone will accept His sacrifice. He paid the price for everyone. Their choice.

Satan convinces people to not believe. These people are following Satan. Jesus turns our hearts to God in this life, but not everyone's.

Acts 26
15 And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest. 16But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; 17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, 18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Jesus said to the Jews:
John 10
23 And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch. 24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly. 25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me. 26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

John 17
1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: 2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

Paul didn't convince every Gentile. Neither did the Father or the Son.

1 Corinthians 3
6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. 7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. 8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour. 9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

Without Christ the worker can do nothing. God has power over Satan yet He doesn't save everyone.

No one deserves eternal life, yet God saves some not because of their personal righteousness but because of God's mercy.

Titus 3
3 For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another. 4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, 5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; 6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; 7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

God bless you. I praise God that you are still with us!

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
For us there is one God, the Father:

(New Testament | 1 Corinthians 8:5 - 6)

5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

We worship both God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, nor is it wrong to worship both of them.

If you believed the God of the Bible, you'd reject your false prophets.

You can copy and paste your pet Bible verses till the cows come home, but you don't believe and follow the doctrines of the Bible.

Upvote 0