Site Supporter
May 28, 2014
In contemplation
✟112,390.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's my considered opinion that if there ever is a thermo-nuclear-zombie-disaster-war, the lds and the cockroaches will inherit the earth. Not at all sure that would be worth surviving for, and I don't mind the cockroaches.

Cheers, Strivax.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟142,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, this is accurate. My paternal grandparents were devout Mormons and my Dad and his sister were raised Mormon. My Grandma and Grandpa always had a victory garden, and kept 6 mos. to 1 year of food and other supplies on hand.

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

follicallychalnged

Just a little cracked.
Aug 29, 2016
oklahoma
✟7,944.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Many people slam the LDS church . But I studied them . Their beliefs are hard to swallow in spots especially if you start comparing the book of Mormon to the bible . However I never met a Mormon that would help in a time of need . Some of there teaching on daily living should be taught in other churches . When a Mormon fasts and prays he will take the money that he did not spend for that days food and place it in an offering as a further service to god . There are other things like this they do . Myself I'm a Baptist . I think we could learn from them . They also have a food purchase web site I think it is called Providence . One thing for sure stock up boys and girls cause it is about to hit the fan .

Upvote 0

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟142,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, agreed. My Dad was raised 5th generation Mormon. Born and raised in a suburb of SLC, both his mother and father were devout Mormons. He became a "Jack" or fallen away Mormon, married my Mom, a confessional Lutheran, and we 3 children were raised Lutheran. I also studied the LDS faith and as you stated there are beliefs which are incompatible with historic Christianity, but as you stated, they do help in times of need. Also they help their own. My grandmother, when she was living alone in her older age away from her kids always had a Ward member pick her up for church and other activities,take her grocery shopping, ect. She was no longer driving but never lacked for a ride anywhere. I do know there are other close knit faith communities that do this, as well, but to LDS it's second nature. Also the Word of Wisdom makes sense(but you're going to pry coffee out of my cold, dead, hands, LOL)
What you described is called a Fast offering.

Last edited:
Upvote 0