The Laws Of The Universe

HeatRamosHidden

Aug 26, 2005
✟27,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I believe it is Biblical that God can change the Laws Of The Universe for whomever he will, and that he does. God is the ultimate law giver, and a relationship with him is key to see a change in the laws of the universe.

The laws of the universe include but aren't limited to the following:

Forgiveness
miracles that are seen as impossible even by miracle seeking Christians
and what you are allowed to believe.

I believe that All of these are mutable, and can Biblically support it.

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
believe it is Biblical that God can change the Laws Of The Universe
God is a God of order and of reason. He does not change the order of the universe .

A miricle is when God overrules the known laws of the universe. This is not changing the laws but the creator useing his authority to make a tempory alteration or overrule of a law.

Upvote 0

HeatRamosHidden

Aug 26, 2005
✟27,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
God is a God of order and of reason. He does not change the order of the universe .

A miricle is when God overrules the known laws of the universe. This is not changing the laws but the creator useing his authority to make a tempory alteration or overrule of a law.

God is as much an autocrat as he is a republican. In his utterly perfect will he can decide to do whatever he wants, as much as he wants.

A perfect being like God would not sow disorder, by changing the Laws of the Universe, other wise he would not be fit to write them, and he is.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God is as much an autocrat as he is a republican. In his utterly perfect will he can decide to do whatever he wants, as much as he wants.

A perfect being like God would not sow disorder, by changing the Laws of the Universe, other wise he would not be fit to write them, and he is.

Which is what I have written.

Upvote 0

HeatRamosHidden

Aug 26, 2005
✟27,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Which is what I have written.

I see. Let me put it this way. I find that God's will is not identical to The Laws Of The Universe. Maybe there are spiritual laws that are God's, but we live in a fallen Universe. It could very well be that God is just doing things within his spiritual laws which alter the laws of physics and such things, and while I agree, I believe he could also do certain things which are entirely intangible. Does that make any sense?

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What we call laws of science discribe how we see the universe works.
Those laws are the result of Gods creation. They are his.
If for a reason he wants to suspend those laws he can or he can temporary create a different set of laws to allow a set event to happen.

Jesus walked on water. How? We don't know, but it is suspected that water somehow became able to take the weight of a human being.
The normal laws of physics were over ruled so Jesus could walk on water.

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is the Natural law as revealed in nature and Divine Law as revealed by Christ. Then the Moral Law that God put in man's heart. Moral Law that develops in religions are good if they are in accord with the other Laws. Civil Law is good when it is in accord with Moral law that doesn't violate the Natural Law or Divine Law. The three, Divine Law, Natural Law, Moral Law are the hierarchy of Law and come from God. The Moral Law is the Law God placed in Man's heart and is the judge of good and evil acts in our conscience and the developed moral law as man deepens understanding of them. The conscience can also be formed by faulty or errant laws but the law God planted there can only be buried not removed. The conscience can be deadened by willfuland persistent disobedience to it.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,186.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What we call laws of science discribe how we see the universe works.
Those laws are the result of Gods creation. They are his.
If for a reason he wants to suspend those laws he can or he can temporary create a different set of laws to allow a set event to happen.

Jesus walked on water. How? We don't know, but it is suspected that water somehow became able to take the weight of a human being.
The normal laws of physics were over ruled so Jesus could walk on water.
I like the way you are thinking. I have always believed that science is the discovery of how our Father did the things He did.As far as the different laws apparent in the workings of the universe, I agree with you that our Father created the laws and they belong to Him. He can do whatever He wants with them and He has proved that many times in scripture. Joshua's long day is a good example.Lord Jesus came as a man to reconcile humanity to our Heavenly Father. As children of our Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus through His work on the cross, and His resurrection, also gave the authority to bend the laws of physics. IMHO when the sons/daughters of our Father understand these things and begin to do the supernatural things Lord Jesus did the same way He did them, we will turn the world upside down as the first apostles did.This should be an interesting discussion.

Upvote 0