• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟169,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There is a universal law of divine reciprocity. You give; God gives more in return.

When you plant a seed, the ground yields a harvest. That is a reciprocal relationship. The ground can only give to you as you give to the ground.

You put money in the bank, and the bank returns interest. That is reciprocity. No investment, no return.

Yet, many expect something for nothing, when it comes to the things of God. They know that it does not work that way in the world system. Yet, many expect God to send them something when they have not invested into the Kingdom of God.

If you're not investing your time, talent, or finances. Why would someone think they deserve anything? How can you expect to get something when you haven't planted any seed?

How can you expect God to honor your desire when you have not honored His plan for prosperity = GIVING?

Prosperity begins with investment: When we give to God, then God can give to us!

Phil 4:
15 Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only.
(MY NOTE: The Philippians partnered financially with other Believers)

16 For even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my necessity.

17 Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account.
(MY NOTE: Although thankful for their financial support. Paul is happier for the rewards they will receive)

Ps 41:
1 (A Psalm of David.) Blessed is he that considereth the poor: the LORD will deliver him in time of trouble.

2 The LORD will preserve him, and keep him alive; and he shall be blessed upon the earth: and thou wilt not deliver him unto the will of his enemies.

THE LAW OF RECIPROCITY:

In God's [meritocracy] economy when you give you can expect a return.

Lk 6:38 38 Give, and it will be given to you. They will pour into your lap a good measure—pressed down, shaken together, and running over [with no space left for more]. For with the standard of measurement you use [when you do good to others], it will be measured to you in return.”
Verse source link: Bible Gateway passage: Luke 6 - Amplified Bible
(MY NOTE: Jesus said: Give & it will be given to you, pressed down, shaken together, running over, with no space left for more)

2 Cor 9:6 Now [remember] this: he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows generously [that blessings may come to others] will also reap [c]generously [and be blessed].
Verse source link: Bible Gateway passage: 2 Corinthians 9 - Amplified Bible
(MY NOTE: Plant generously into Christ's Kingdom & you'll reap a generous blessing in return. Plant nothing & reap nothing in return)

Matt 13:8 Other seed fell on good soil and yielded grain, some a hundred times as much [as was sown], some sixty [times as much], and some thirty.
Verse source link: Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 13 - Amplified Bible
(MY NOTE: Jesus said, some seed planted returned 100 times, some sixty times & some 30 times. Try getting that kind of return from your Bank.)

Maybe, you're not in the position/place to give money. You can still give of your time or talents to help someone in need.

In the end our heavenly rewards won't be based on how much we have. But how much we did/gave in His Name. Jesus our example: GAVE ALL!

Last edited:

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟290,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There is a universal law of divine reciprocity. You give; God gives more in return.

When you plant a seed, the ground yields a harvest. That is a reciprocal relationship. The ground can only give to you as you give to the ground.

You put money in the bank, and the bank returns interest. That is reciprocity. No investment, no return.

Yet, many expect something for nothing, when it comes to the things of God. They know that it does not work that way in the world system. Yet, many expect God to send them something when they have not invested into the Kingdom of God.

If you're not investing your time, talent, or finances. Why would someone think they deserve anything? How can you expect to get something when you haven't planted any seed?

How can you expect God to honor your desire when you have not honored His plan for prosperity = GIVING?

Prosperity begins with investment: When we give to God, then God can give to us!

Phil 4:
15 Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only.
(MY NOTE: The Philippians partnered financially with other Believers)

16 For even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my necessity.

17 Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account.
(MY NOTE: Although thankful for their financial support. Paul is happier for the rewards they will receive)

Ps 41:
1 (A Psalm of David.) Blessed is he that considereth the poor: the LORD will deliver him in time of trouble.

2 The LORD will preserve him, and keep him alive; and he shall be blessed upon the earth: and thou wilt not deliver him unto the will of his enemies.
THE LAW OF RECIPROCITY:

In God's [meritocracy] economy when you give you can expect a return.

Luke 6:38 38 Give, and it will be given to you. They will pour into your lap a good measure—pressed down, shaken together, and running over [with no space left for more]. For with the standard of measurement you use [when you do good to others], it will be measured to you in return.”
Verse source link: Bible Gateway passage: Luke 6 - Amplified Bible
(MY NOTE: Jesus said: Give & it will be given to you, pressed down, shaken together, running over, with no space left for more)

2 Corinthians 9:6 Now [remember] this: he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows generously [that blessings may come to others] will also reap [c]generously [and be blessed].
Verse source link: Bible Gateway passage: 2 Corinthians 9 - Amplified Bible
(MY NOTE: Plant generously into Christ's Kingdom & you'll reap a generous blessing in return. Plant nothing & reap nothing in return)

Matt 13:8 Other seed fell on good soil and yielded grain, some a hundred times as much [as was sown], some sixty [times as much], and some thirty.
Verse source link: Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 13 - Amplified Bible
(MY NOTE: Jesus said, some seed planted returned 100 times, some sixty times & some 30 times. Try getting that kind of return from your Bank.)

Maybe, you're not in the position/place to give money. You can still give of your time or talents to help someone in need.

In the end our heavenly rewards won't be based on how much we have. But how much we did/gave in His Name. Jesus our example: GAVE ALL!
There is no meritocracy in God's economy.

Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟169,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There is no meritocracy in God's economy.

Matt 10:42 Even a drink of water given in his name, receives a reward.

Matt 19:
27 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore?

28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
(MY NOTE: Not only does Jesus not rebuke Peter. Jesus promises Peter that what he did & sacrificed will be greatly rewarded)

1 Cor 3:8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.
(MY NOTE: Rewards are given based on work done in Christ's name)

Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Matt 25:
14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.

15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.

16 Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.

17 And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.

18 But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.

19 After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.

20 And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.

21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

22 He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.

23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

I believe these lessons say otherwise:

The ones that produced were promised to be in leadership over many things.

The ones that didn't produce not only lost all they had. They were cast out into an outer darkness.

You're free to believe whatever you choose.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟290,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Matt 10:42 Even a drink of water given in his name, receives a reward.

Matt 19:
27 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore?

28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
(MY NOTE: Not only does Jesus not rebuke Peter. Jesus promises Peter that what he did & sacrificed will be greatly rewarded)

1 Cor 3:8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.
(MY NOTE: Rewards are given based on work done in Christ's name)

Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Matt 25:
14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.

15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.

16 Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.

17 And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.

18 But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.

19 After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.

20 And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.

21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

22 He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.

23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
I believe these lessons say otherwise:
The ones that produced were promised to be in leadership over many things.
The ones that didn't produce not only lost all they had. They were cast out into an outer darkness.

You're free to believe whatever you choose.
Lack of obedience manifests unbelief, lack of the faith that saves.

In fact, "disobedience" (Romans 10:21; 1 Peter 2:7) and "unbelief" (John 3:36; Acts 17:5) are the same word (apeitheo) in the NT.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟169,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Lack of obedience manifests unbelief, lack of the faith that saves.

In fact, "disobedience" (Romans 10:21; 1 Peter 2:7) and "unbelief" (John 3:36; Acts 17:5) are the same word (apeitheo) in the NT.

Our disagreement has nothing to do with unbelief (another subject)

The Matt verse I shared even a drink of water given in the Lord Jesus name will receive a reward.

Peter left everything & gave his all. And will Judge others from a throne

The parable of the talents, those that produced will also receive great rewards

Matt 13:8 upon giving some received 100 times, some 60 times, some 30 times.

Rev 22:12 The Lord returns (New Christ lead Kingdom & He has the promised rewards with Him. All given on a work (in His Name) merit basis.

Again, I stand behind the OP'S statement. Heaves economy is a meritocracy. And you're free to believe whatever you choose.

May His grace be multiplied to you & yours. Best Wishes. JJ

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟290,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Our disagreement has nothing to do with unbelief (another subject)

The Matt verse I shared even a drink of water given in the Lord Jesus name will receive a reward.
Nothing is done "in the Lord Jesus name" apart from the grace of God.

It is God's own work in them that he is rewarding.
That is why they will cast "down their golden crowns (rewards) around the glassy sea."
Peter left everything & gave his all. And will Judge others from a throne

The parable of the talents, those that produced will also receive great rewards

Matt 13:8 upon giving some received 100 times, some 60 times, some 30 times.

Rev 22:12 The Lord returns (New Christ lead Kingdom & He has the promised rewards with Him. All given on a work (in His Name) merit basis.

Again, I stand behind the OP'S statement. Heaves economy is a meritocracy. And you're free to believe whatever you choose.

May His grace be multiplied to you & yours. Best Wishes. JJ

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

God gives us everything there is to have.

Very few people notice.

• Agree
Reactions: Clare73
Upvote 0