Begijnendijk
✟16,893.00
Country
Belgium
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
please, explain to me why Paul makes a difference between the law of Christ and the law of Mozes. Cause Pauls says that he himself does not keep himself to the law of mozes by others that do not keep themself at the law of mozes, to win them for Christ. Paul says it does not make him lawless, because for him counts the law of Christ.

So it seems paul makes a difference between the law of Christ and the law of mozes while you are trying to show it is the same. It is not. I can show you the verses where Paul says he is under the law of Christ. Why does paul not refer to the law of Mozes?

SO: How do you fullfill the law of Christ, and why does Paul make a difference between the law of mozes, and even does not hold it by people that do not hold it to win them for Christ, and places himself under the law of Christ.

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
please, explain to me why Paul makes a difference between the law of Christ and the law of Mozes. Cause Pauls says that he himself does not keep himself to the law of mozes by others that do not keep themself at the law of mozes, to win them for Christ. Paul says it does not make him lawless, because for him counts the law of Christ.

So it seems paul makes a difference between the law of Christ and the law of mozes while you are trying to show it is the same. It is not. I can show you the verses where Paul says he is under the law of Christ. Why does paul not refer to the law of Mozes?

SO: How do you fullfill the law of Christ, and why does Paul make a difference between the law of mozes, and even does not hold it by people that do not hold it to win them for Christ, and places himself under the law of Christ.
"Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ." Gal 6:2 The law of Christ is to love one another. Joh 13:34 "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another."

Paul also mentions it in 1Co 9:21 "To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law."

Unlike the Law of Moses, Christ's law is non-regulatory. That is in the spirit of love you derive your own applications, your own regulations rather than being a slave to regulations. Walking in the Spirit is about attitude. Attitudes which lead to application.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

God's law (what you are calling the law of Moses) is the commandments. The things that are in harmony with His character (i.e. loving Him, neighbor, honoring parents, feeding the poor, etc.) and those things which stand opposed to His character (i.e. murder, stealing, adultery, idolatry, etc.). These things were put in writing for the first time because Israel was about to become a nation. And at that time, and because Israel was about to become a nation, the judgements (penalties) and ability to prosecute were added to that Israel, as a nation, had a national rule of law. That is what happened at Sinai.

By the time of messiah, they were living under Roman rule and most of the things included at Sinai were not even valid then. Not because God changed His mind, but because the conditions changed... they were under secular rule just as we are. But the do's and don'ts, were applicable then, and messiah and his disciples followed them all. Since breaking the law is sin (1 John 3:4) then we know messiah did not break a commandment found within the law.

The law of Christ doesn't abrogate God's law, it is the ESSENCE OF GOD'S LAW. The Spirit of the law, the intent of the law.... is what Christ showed us. Sleeping with another woman is a sin... but even lusting in your heart for her is equally a sin. Murder is sin... but hating your brother is like murder. He showed us these things and they don't make it easier, if anything they make is HARDER. But that was the point, he (messiah) was revealing the need to have the law written in our hearts. Again.. the need to have what? The LAW written in our hearts. This is God's law... Jer. 31:31, Deut. 30:1-6, Ezk. 11:19.... all about taking that which was on stone and putting it on the heart.

Christ broke the law down to it's simple form, love. When we love neighbor we don't kill him, steal from him, covet what he owns. When we love God we don't make idols, profane His name, or serve other gods. Love is the key... but love doesn't mean we don't obey, love is the key to being ABLE to obey without fear of condemnation.

Upvote 0

JimBeta

Sep 26, 2018
Begijnendijk
✟16,893.00
Country
Belgium
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
God's law (what you are calling the law of Moses) is the commandments. The things that are in harmony with His character (i.e. loving Him, neighbor, honoring parents, feeding the poor, etc.) and those things which stand opposed to His character (i.e. murder, stealing, adultery, idolatry, etc.). These things were put in writing for the first time because Israel was about to become a nation. And at that time, and because Israel was about to become a nation, the judgements (penalties) and ability to prosecute were added to that Israel, as a nation, had a national rule of law. That is what happened at Sinai.

By the time of messiah, they were living under Roman rule and most of the things included at Sinai were not even valid then. Not because God changed His mind, but because the conditions changed... they were under secular rule just as we are. But the do's and don'ts, were applicable then, and messiah and his disciples followed them all. Since breaking the law is sin (1 John 3:4) then we know messiah did not break a commandment found within the law.

The law of Christ doesn't abrogate God's law, it is the ESSENCE OF GOD'S LAW. The Spirit of the law, the intent of the law.... is what Christ showed us. Sleeping with another woman is a sin... but even lusting in your heart for her is equally a sin. Murder is sin... but hating your brother is like murder. He showed us these things and they don't make it easier, if anything they make is HARDER. But that was the point, he (messiah) was revealing the need to have the law written in our hearts. Again.. the need to have what? The LAW written in our hearts. This is God's law... Jer. 31:31, Deut. 30:1-6, Ezk. 11:19.... all about taking that which was on stone and putting it on the heart.

Christ broke the law down to it's simple form, love. When we love neighbor we don't kill him, steal from him, covet what he owns. When we love God we don't make idols, profane His name, or serve other gods. Love is the key... but love doesn't mean we don't obey, love is the key to being ABLE to obey without fear of condemnation.

You are talking about the law of Mozes

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are talking about the law of Mozes
Actually, you brought it up in the opening post. Please read my reply before responding. There might be something there for you... or there might be something there to correct me on. But you won't know unless you read it all in context BEFORE responding. I read yours....

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Awesome, awesome, awesome explanation. :oldthumbsup:

• Friendly
Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Have fun with your law of Moses :) it brings death you know :)
I do not believe that is always true. What brings death is following th laws of Moses with no faith and the belief that by your actions alone, you will be saved. and. no person has the ability to perfectly follow the law and also be free of sin.

That is why we have The Christ. Through faith in Christ we avoid judgement, So following Christ's law (having faith) makes following Moses law optional even though 99% of the specific actions Christ commands us to take/not take come straight out of the law of Moses.

The Israelites follow a strict 613 laws for their religion. The reason Paul mentions these laws is the first Christians being baptized were Israelites (Jews) and followed both Christ, having faith and the 613 laws of Israel. Peter and other Apostles preached that you must also become a Jew if you want to be Christian. By saying we don't need the law, the point Paul is making is that you do not have to be a Jew to become Christian, whereas Paul's main ministry was to the Gentiles who had been "grafted in" to the chosen people.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Paul speaks of the law of Moses as being replaced by the law of Christ. Under the law of Moses -the old covenant law- the Jews were required to keep certain laws of purity in order to be considered righteous. One example is the Jewish dietary laws that prohibited the eating of some animals. Shellfish was one of those prohibited foods. For a Jew to eat shellfish, or even touch shellfish, would make them unclean.

Under the law of Christ -the new covenant law- there is nothing we can eat or touch that makes us ritually unclean, it is our faith that keeps us "clean". So it is faith and not the "works of the law" that justifies us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JimBeta

Sep 26, 2018
Begijnendijk
✟16,893.00
Country
Belgium
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I do not believe that is always true. What brings death is following th laws of Moses with no faith and the belief that by your actions alone, you will be saved. and. no person has the ability to perfectly follow the law and also be free of sin.

That is why we have The Christ. Through faith in Christ we avoid judgement, So following Christ's law (having faith) makes following Moses law optional even though 99% of the specific actions Christ commands us to take/not take come straight out of the law of Moses.

The Israelites follow a strict 613 laws for their religion. The reason Paul mentions these laws is the first Christians being baptized were Israelites (Jews) and followed both Christ, having faith and the 613 laws of Israel. Peter and other Apostles preached that you must also become a Jew if you want to be Christian. By saying we don't need the law, the point Paul is making is that you do not have to be a Jew to become Christian, whereas Paul's main ministry was to the Gentiles who had been "grafted in" to the chosen people.

In my opinion the law of Mozes only brought dead. If it could bring righteousnes it is very unjust that God send His son to die. It is in insult to the gift of God. It is an insult because God sacrificied His only son for us all, there is no difference anymore between greek and non greek, jew and non jew, Paul speaks of this himself.
Paul also clearly speaks of the fact that the law of Mozes was only there untill Jesus came. It was something to teach us the right way, but now that Jesus came, we need to look at Him.
We are under Christ law now, which in many cases, it is true, is like the law of Mozes but when love is getting errored by the law of Mozes we do not fullfill the law of Christ anymore. I will explain: we should not lie. But if someone lies and he could not do anything about it, or he feels bad about it then we should not condemn by the law of Mozes but we should forgive by the law of Christ.
The point I am trying to make for days now is still the same, no matter in which direction other posters want to take it and twist my words: We should honor the law of Mozes, but when we condemn others on it, we lack love and then the use of the law goes into the bin. We can then think we are loving others and God, but we are not. I do not mind trying to keep the law yourself and try to be a good person, as long as you do not believe this will save you but I am sure you all know that it does not, but when you use the law, to put burdens on others, to judge and condemn, to point your finger at them and to take a stone, as a figure of speech, to throw at them then I will stand up and say you are doing it all wrong. I never said to sin, I never said to throw the law of Mozes away, I only said: do not judge and condemn others on it. I always pointed to the love.
What do many of you then think the law of Mozes wanted to achieve? Do you think it wanted to achieve punishment? Do you think it wanted to achieve what it achieved? No, it was a guide, to teach us what was good and how we should love others. The law of Mozes was a law of love. But it did not get used that way, just like I see how it gets used here. Love is above the law. Is the creator not above that which He created? God is love. There for love is above the law.

God showed, in my opinion, that love was above the law. He send his only son to die for us. Why did God do that? Why did he not just say: I made a law and its simple: those that hold it will be saved, the others will not be saved. That would be just. Nobody would be able to complain, it would be righteous. But God, in his mercy, showed that there is something that goes above any law. And that was He.

In my opinion the law was only there to show us people we needed a saviour. It was only there so we should await the messiah who would save us from ourself. It was only there to make us humble and show that we needed God. We could not follow the law at all, because if you broke one part of it, you had broken the whole law. This was not about all the commandments the jews made, it was about the law of God.

Nobody can fully do the law of God the whole time, those that claim they can should feel in danger, because they literally reject the gift of Christ without them knowing it. Because why do any of us need Christ, if we can hold the law of Mozes? Not the jewish laws, but the law of God. If that would be possible, Jesus did not have to die. If you think it was something God liked to do and had fun in, to see His son be ridiculed, mocked, and hung onto a cross to die, then I think you need to think again. He did it for the love He had for us. He did it because He found it just.

The law of Mozes was never there to bring life, it only brought dead but the law of Christ makes us born again. We had to be reborn, because we had to get out of the law of Mozes which required us all to die. So we had to die, to get the life that the law of Christ brought. Now that we have died and are under the law of Christ, we are not under the law of Mozes anymore because we died. We can not die to times. Jesus took our sins upon us and send the Holy Spirit, so we could die and be reborn. We had to die, the law required it because the reward of the law of Mozes was dead. God does not change his ways, but he finds solutions.

This was His solution, we still had to die, but not for eternity, with that he did not break His own law of Mozes which required dead as reward but he gave us a gift of mercy, with the law of Christ, which would give us eternal life.

Once again: we should hold the law of Mozes and try to do our best to not sin against it, but when you see someone else sin we should not judge and condemn. This is bad for both parties. The one that judges gets himself in danger of judgment himself and the one that gets judged and condemned will get burdens onto himself and will sometimes even lose faith because he believes he is not good enough. He will not be able to have faith in the fact that he is saved. I had that problem myself: I was very hard on myself for many years. Not on others, but on myself. It resulted that I only could believe that others were saved. I could not believe I was saved. It resulted in me hating my brothers and sisters, how stupid they were. It made me bitter and frustrated. But then I suddenly felt the love of God for me and during that period, that only lasted one night, I could not think about anything else then love. I could not speak about anything else then love. I had a smile on my face the whole time. I fell on the ground with my head against the ground, begging God to feel like that forever. I could only love.

You have to understand what for a person I was: I became mad at fellow christians, I insulted them, I acted like an [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]. But when I felt the love of God, all of that was gone. And there was only two things inside me: love and peace.

It changed me a lot. God changed me. He rescued me from the law of Mozes and brought me under the law of Christ. He made me die and created a new being. I am not who I was anymore, I am something new. I am under the law of Christ now and I will rather be mercifull then to point out sins in others. I rather will pray to God, if I think it is needed, to ask for forgivenis for them then to point the sin out. I am not that person anymore and to be honest, I rather do not want to be that person anymore.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sorry @JimBeta that you felt judged and condemned. And I agree we should be merciful having compassion for people's circumstances and forgiveness for their sins (for the people themselves). But I think the disagreement is what actually is judgment and mercy. You seem to think both are separate, I think there's a difference judging mercifully versus judging judgmentally. When people sin it's not only against themselves but God, and not only Him but his brethren.

If a brother is stealing against God and brethren, then something must be said and done. Not to judge him for condemnation but to judge the sin for acknowledgement and correction. If the brother is unrepentant and refuses to stop stealing, then no other choice but him facing the consequences (e.g. excommunicated, arrested, imprisoned etc.)

• Agree
Reactions: Soyeong
Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

Paul made no distinction between the Law of Christ and the Law of Moses because they are two ways of referring to the same thing. In Acts 21:20-24, Paul took steps at the direction of James to disprove false rumors that he was teaching against obeying the Mosaic Law and to show that he continued to live in obedience to it. In 1 Corinthians 9:21, Paul said in a parallel statement that that he was not free from God's Law and that he was under Christ's Law, which are again two ways of referring to the same thing. Unless you think that Jesus was in disagreement with the Spirit or the Father about which laws we should follow, then you should think that the Law of Christ is the same as the Law of the Spirit, which is the same as the Law of the Father, which was given to Moses. We fulfill the Law of Christ by correctly obeying the Mosaic Law as he taught us to do by word and by example.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
"Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ." Gal 6:2 The law of Christ is to love one another. Joh 13:34 "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another."

Paul also mentions it in 1Co 9:21 "To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law."

Unlike the Law of Moses, Christ's law is non-regulatory. That is in the spirit of love you derive your own applications, your own regulations rather than being a slave to regulations. Walking in the Spirit is about attitude. Attitudes which lead to application.

In Exodus 20:6, God wanted His people to love Him and obey His commandments, so obedience to God has always been primarily driven by love, though at the end of the day we are still obligated to obey God's commandments.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Do you know understand why I do not like people to point out sins to others? You place burdens on them, and there for do not fullfill the law of Christ.

The way to fulfill the Law of Christ is by teaching people how to correctly obey it by word and by example, which involves correcting those who are not obeying it correctly. How do you understand these verses?:

Galatians 6:1-6 Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted. 2 Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. 3 If anyone thinks they are something when they are not, they deceive themselves. 4 Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else, 5 for each one should carry their own load. 6 Nevertheless, the one who receives instruction in the word should share all good things with their instructor.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
In my opinion the law of Mozes only brought dead. If it could bring righteousnes it is very unjust that God send His son to die.

In Deuteronomy 30:15-16 and Romans 10:5, we will obtain life by obeying the Law, in Proverbs 3:18, the Law is a tree of life for all who take hold of her, in Matthew 19:17, Jesus said that if we want to enter into life, then obey the commandments, and yet in Galatians 3:21, Paul said that if a law had been given that could give life, then righteousness would indeed be by the Law.

The way that I reconcile these verses is by recognizing that faith is the key to everything that is in the Bible. In Matthew 23:23, Jesus said that faith is one of the weightier matters of the Law, so obedience to God's instructions is about having faith in Him to guide us in how to rightly live, which means that obedience to the Law by faith brings life, while outward obedience to the Law apart from faith does not.

It is in insult to the gift of God. It is an insult because God sacrificied His only son for us all, there is no difference anymore between greek and non greek, jew and non jew, Paul speaks of this himself.

In Titus 2:14, Jesus gave himself to redeem us from all Lawlessness and to purify for himself a people of his own possession who are zealous for doing good works, so if we believe in what Christ accomplished on the cross, then that should cause us to become zealous for doing good works in obedience to God's Law (Acts 21:20) and should not cause us to insult what he did for us by returning to the Lawlessness that he gave himself to redeem us from.

Paul also clearly speaks of the fact that the law of Mozes was only there untill Jesus came.

In Luke 16:16, Jesus said that the Law was until John and that since then the Gospel of the Kingdom has been preached, namely to repent from our sins for the Kingdom of God is at hand. The Mosaic Law is how his audience knew what sin is, so if Jesus was still speaking about the Law being taught after John, then he was not speaking about it ending with him. Furthermore, Jesus went on in verses 17-18 to teach obedience to the Law and to say that it would be easier for heaven and earth to pass away than for the least part to disappear from the Law, so he was clearly speaking about an eternal Law that he thought was never going to end, not a Law that he thought had already ended. In addition, neither Jesus nor John taught that the Law had ended so repentance was no longer necessary, but just the opposite, so I don't see a good reason to interpret saying that the Law was until Christ to be speaking about it ending with him.

It was something to teach us the right way, but now that Jesus came, we need to look at Him.

The Law brings us to Christ because it is all about him and how to have a relationship with him based on faith and love. It would make no sense to suggest that the Law brings us to Christ by pointing out our sins, but now that we have found Christ we can go back to doing what the Law revealed to be sin.

We are under Christ law now, which in many cases, it is true, is like the law of Mozes but when love is getting errored by the law of Mozes we do not fullfill the law of Christ anymore. I will explain: we should not lie. But if someone lies and he could not do anything about it, or he feels bad about it then we should not condemn by the law of Mozes but we should forgive by the law of Christ.
The point I am trying to make for days now is still the same, no matter in which direction other posters want to take it and twist my words: We should honor the law of Mozes, but when we condemn others on it, we lack love and then the use of the law goes into the bin. We can then think we are loving others and God, but we are not. I do not mind trying to keep the law yourself and try to be a good person, as long as you do not believe this will save you but I am sure you all know that it does not, but when you use the law, to put burdens on others, to judge and condemn, to point your finger at them and to take a stone, as a figure of speech, to throw at them then I will stand up and say you are doing it all wrong. I never said to sin, I never said to throw the law of Mozes away, I only said: do not judge and condemn others on it. I always pointed to the love.

Which do you do you think is better?:

1.) Someone sees that you are doing something that is wrong and cares enough about you to correct you.

2.) Someone sees that you are doing something that is wrong and is apathetic to you, so they do not correct you.

In Matthew 22:36-40, Jesus summarized the Mosaic Law as being instructions for how to love God and our neighbor, so if God's love does not characterize someone's obedience to God's instructions for how to express His love, then they are not obeying them correctly, so our motivation for correcting others needs to be firmly rooted in love, such as with Galatians 6:1-6. In 2 Timothy 3:16-17, Paul said that all OT Scripture is God-breathed and profitable for teaching, reproof, correction, training in righteousness, and for being equipped to do every good work, so these are all things that we should be doing out of love.

While it is true that there is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ (Romans 8:1), those who are in Christ ought to walk in the same way he walked (1 John 2:3-6). Jesus was sinless, so he walked in complete obedience to the Mosaic Law and did not hypocritically teach something other than what he practiced. The word "Torah" means "instruction", though it can be appropriately translated as "law" when instructions come with penalties for not obeying them. However, the Torah without condemnation still remains holy, righteous, and good instructions for how to walk in God's ways. God had many purposes for giving His Law, but providing the means of becoming saved was never one of them, so I while I agree that we aren't saved by obeying it, that does not mean that we aren't still obligated to obey it.

What do many of you then think the law of Mozes wanted to achieve? Do you think it wanted to achieve punishment? Do you think it wanted to achieve what it achieved? No, it was a guide, to teach us what was good and how we should love others. The law of Mozes was a law of love. But it did not get used that way, just like I see how it gets used here. Love is above the law. Is the creator not above that which He created? God is love. There for love is above the law.

It wouldn't make sense to say that love is above God's instructions for how to live. The right solution to incorrectly obeying God's Law is to start obeying it correctly with the right focus, not to stop obeying it.

God showed, in my opinion, that love was above the law. He send his only son to die for us. Why did God do that? Why did he not just say: I made a law and its simple: those that hold it will be saved, the others will not be saved. That would be just. Nobody would be able to complain, it would be righteous. But God, in his mercy, showed that there is something that goes above any law. And that was He.

The one and only way that there has ever been to become saved is by grace through faith. In Romans 1:5, we have received grace in order to bring about the obedience that faith requires, so the same grace and faith by which we are saved looks like obedience to God's Law.

In my opinion the law was only there to show us people we needed a saviour. It was only there so we should await the messiah who would save us from ourself. It was only there to make us humble and show that we needed God. We could not follow the law at all, because if you broke one part of it, you had broken the whole law. This was not about all the commandments the jews made, it was about the law of God.

There are many verses that describe the Mosaic Law as being instructions for how to walk in God's ways, such as Deuteronomy 10:12-13, Isaiah 2:2-3, Joshua 22:5, Psalm 103:7, and many others, so the Law was primarily give to teach us how to express God's character traits, such as holiness, righteousness, goodness, justice, mercy, faithfulness, love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, and self-control. So the character traits of God should characterize our obedience to His instructions found in His Law for how to express them. Pointing out our need for a savior, but stopping short of training us by grace in how to rightly live sells the Law far short of the purpose for which it was given.

In James 2:1-10, he was speaking to people who had already sinned, so he was not telling them that they needed to have perfect obedience because that would have already been too late, and he was not discouraging them from trying to obey it, but rather he was encouraging them to repent and do a better job of obeying it more consistently by not showing favoritism. In Deuteronomy 30:11-14, God said that His Law is not too difficult for us to obey, and I believe Him, do you?

Nobody can fully do the law of God the whole time, those that claim they can should feel in danger, because they literally reject the gift of Christ without them knowing it. Because why do any of us need Christ, if we can hold the law of Mozes? Not the jewish laws, but the law of God. If that would be possible, Jesus did not have to die. If you think it was something God liked to do and had fun in, to see His son be ridiculed, mocked, and hung onto a cross to die, then I think you need to think again. He did it for the love He had for us. He did it because He found it just.

It is only through faith in Christ that we are set free from sin and able to obey the Mosaic Law (Romans 8:3-4).

The law of Mozes was never there to bring life, it only brought dead but the law of Christ makes us born again. We had to be reborn, because we had to get out of the law of Mozes which required us all to die. So we had to die, to get the life that the law of Christ brought. Now that we have died and are under the law of Christ, we are not under the law of Mozes anymore because we died. We can not die to times. Jesus took our sins upon us and send the Holy Spirit, so we could die and be reborn. We had to die, the law required it because the reward of the law of Mozes was dead. God does not change his ways, but he finds solutions.

Being born again is about dying to living a life in transgression of God's Law and rising again to a life of obedience. God has always had just one plan to redeem the world that has been revealed throughout the Bible. If God does not change His ways, then He does not change His instructions for how to walk in His ways, so the Mosaic Law is therefore still the same.

Once again: we should hold the law of Mozes and try to do our best to not sin against it, but when you see someone else sin we should not judge and condemn. This is bad for both parties. The one that judges gets himself in danger of judgment himself and the one that gets judged and condemned will get burdens onto himself and will sometimes even lose faith because he believes he is not good enough. He will not be able to have faith in the fact that he is saved. I had that problem myself: I was very hard on myself for many years. Not on others, but on myself. It resulted that I only could believe that others were saved. I could not believe I was saved. It resulted in me hating my brothers and sisters, how stupid they were. It made me bitter and frustrated. But then I suddenly felt the love of God for me and during that period, that only lasted one night, I could not think about anything else then love. I could not speak about anything else then love. I had a smile on my face the whole time. I fell on the ground with my head against the ground, begging God to feel like that forever. I could only love.

You have to understand what for a person I was: I became mad at fellow christians, I insulted them, I acted like an [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]. But when I felt the love of God, all of that was gone. And there was only two things inside me: love and peace.

It changed me a lot. God changed me. He rescued me from the law of Mozes and brought me under the law of Christ. He made me die and created a new being. I am not who I was anymore, I am something new. I am under the law of Christ now and I will rather be mercifull then to point out sins in others. I rather will pray to God, if I think it is needed, to ask for forgivenis for them then to point the sin out. I am not that person anymore and to be honest, I rather do not want to be that person anymore.

Praise God that he got ahold of you with His love!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
In Exodus 20:6, God wanted His people to love Him and obey His commandments, so obedience to God has always been primarily driven by love, though at the end of the day we are still obligated to obey God's commandments.
Those living under the law are obligated to obey the law. If they don't perfectly do so, they are cursed, "For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them."" Gal 3:10

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Those living under the law are obligated to obey the law.

The existence of sin requires there to be a standard of what is and is not sin, and that standard is revealed through God's Law. Gentiles are either under God's Law and are obligated to refrain from sin and are not under God's Law, have no obligation to refrain from sin, and have never needed Jesus to give himself to redeem them from all Lawlessness.

However, God is God, so all Gentiles are under God's Law and are obligated to obey it and to refrain from sin regardless of whether or not they are in a covenant relationship with Him. For example, God judged the world the the Flood for their sins, God will judge the world in Revelation, God threatened to judge Nineveh, and God judged Sodom and Gomorrah for their Lawless deeds (2 Peter 2:6-8).

If they don't perfectly do so, they are cursed, "For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them."" Gal 3:10

All throughout the Bible, God wanted His people to repent and to return to obedience to His Law, and even Christ began his ministry with that message, so it would be absurd to interpret that verse as saying that those who seek to do that will be cursed and that we are better off refusing to follow Christ. It would be even more absurd for you to interpret Paul as speaking against obeying God and then to conclude that you should therefore follow Paul instead of God.

If an earthly father gives instructions to their children in order to bless them and to teach them how to rightly live and not in order to curse them, then that is that much more true for our Heavenly Father. He is not an unloving Father or some sort of tyrant who gave the Law in order to curse His children, but rather He said that He gave the Law for our own good in order to bless us (Deuteronomy 6:24). In Deuteronomy 11:26-32, the curse is not for those who fail to have perfect obedience, but only for those who chased after other gods. While everyone in the OT sinned and fell short of perfect obedience, everyone being under God's curse does not reflect the reality of what is recorded about those who served God, but only those who chased after other gods.

The Law itself came with instructions for what to do when the people sinned, so perfect obedience was never the requirement and has always been a fundamental misunderstanding of the purpose of the Law and of God's character. It makes God out to be interested in us having a perfect outward performance when He has always been interested in the condition of our hearts and has always disdained it when His people honored Him with their lips while their hearts were far from Him (Isaiah 29:13). If we needed perfect obedience, then there would be no point in repentance because it would already be too late, yet the consistent message of the prophets up to and including Jesus was to repent from our sins and to return to obedience to God's Law, so the need to continue to practice repentance has always been key. It's about choosing this day whom we will serve: God or other gods.

In Galatians 3:10, Paul was speaking about those who relied on works of the law being under the curse, not about those who relied on God's Law.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
The existence of sin requires there to be a standard of what is and is not sin, and that standard is revealed through God's Law. Gentiles are either under God's Law and are obligated to refrain from sin and are not under God's Law, have no obligation to refrain from sin, and have never needed Jesus to give himself to redeem them from all Lawlessness.

However, God is God, so all Gentiles are under God's Law and are obligated to obey it and to refrain from sin regardless of whether or not they are in a covenant relationship with Him. For example, God judged the world the the Flood for their sins, God will judge the world in Revelation, God threatened to judge Nineveh, and God judged Sodom and Gomorrah for their Lawless deeds (2 Peter 2:6-8).

All throughout the Bible, God wanted His people to repent and to return to obedience to His Law, and even Christ began his ministry with that message, so it would be absurd to interpret that verse as saying that those who seek to do that will be cursed and that we are better off refusing to follow Christ. It would be even more absurd for you to interpret Paul as speaking against obeying God and then to conclude that you should therefore follow Paul instead of God.

If an earthly father gives instructions to their children in order to bless them and to teach them how to rightly live and not in order to curse them, then that is that much more true for our Heavenly Father. He is not an unloving Father or some sort of tyrant who gave the Law in order to curse His children, but rather He said that He gave the Law for our own good in order to bless us (Deuteronomy 6:24). In Deuteronomy 11:26-32, the curse is not for those who fail to have perfect obedience, but only for those who chased after other gods. While everyone in the OT sinned and fell short of perfect obedience, everyone being under God's curse does not reflect the reality of what is recorded about those who served God, but only those who chased after other gods.

The Law itself came with instructions for what to do when the people sinned, so perfect obedience was never the requirement and has always been a fundamental misunderstanding of the purpose of the Law and of God's character. It makes God out to be interested in us having a perfect outward performance when He has always been interested in the condition of our hearts and has always disdained it when His people honored Him with their lips while their hearts were far from Him (Isaiah 29:13). If we needed perfect obedience, then there would be no point in repentance because it would already be too late, yet the consistent message of the prophets up to and including Jesus was to repent from our sins and to return to obedience to God's Law, so the need to continue to practice repentance has always been key. It's about choosing this day whom we will serve: God or other gods.

In Galatians 3:10, Paul was speaking about those who relied on works of the law being under the curse, not about those who relied on God's Law.
To trust in your compliance to the Law of Moses to save you is in disobedience. For the Lord has instructed us to trust in Him to be saved. The result being God is "taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ." 2Th 1:8

Upvote 0