The Law is not for Christians but all true Christian will exhibit the nature of the Holy Spirit

alaric

May 21, 2018
Singapore
✟13,224.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For a Christian, there are two natures within them (The spiritual nature and the flesh nature). If you operate in the flesh, you will always be conscious about the DOs and DONT'S which is the law. The flesh itself is capable of doing good which can be seen in the charity work of non-Christians. But you use the flesh (human-willpower, determination, human endurance and perseverance) to fight the sinful desires of the flesh, you will always end up losing. As written in the bible about the flesh is nothing good comes from it.

Romans 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

But if a Christian operates in the spiritual nature which is the Holy Spirit, a Christian will not break any law even WITHOUT the conscious about the DOs and DONT'S which is the law. When Jesus said it is finished on the cross, he has put an end to the law to anyone who put his faith in Jesus and his finished work.

Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Jesus has set us free from the law so that we can have a new nature which is of the Holy Spirit.

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

How to operate in the spirit? According to the bible, it is simply to walk in the Spirit. Which is to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit and fill yourself with the love of God.

Galatians 5:16-18 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

Masaru Hashimoto

Jan 9, 2021
Auckland
✟8,074.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
For a Christian, there are two natures within them (The spiritual nature and the flesh nature). If you operate in the flesh, you will always be conscious about the DOs and DONT'S which is the law. The flesh itself is capable of doing good which can be seen in the charity work of non-Christians. But you use the flesh (human-willpower, determination, human endurance and perseverance) to fight the sinful desires of the flesh, you will always end up losing. As written in the bible about the flesh is nothing good comes from it.

Romans 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

Yes, as a Christian, I am ashamed of the fact that I had been walking in the flesh all the time and I was away from the Lord,
But if a Christian operates in the spiritual nature which is the Holy Spirit, a Christian will not break any law even WITHOUT the conscious about the DOs and DONT'S which is the law. When Jesus said it is finished on the cross, he has put an end to the law to anyone who put his faith in Jesus and his finished work.

Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Jesus has set us free from the law so that we can have a new nature which is of the Holy Spirit.

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

How to operate in the spirit? According to the bible, it is simply to walk in the Spirit. Which is to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit and fill yourself with the love of God.

Galatians 5:16-18 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
As a Christian, I must honestly confess that I am ashamed that I had been walking in the flesh in disobedience to His will and turned away from him for many years and He put severe fatal chronic illnesses on me because of my longstanding sins even after I got baptised. I have atrial fibrillation, chronic insomnia and some other disorders and right now I am walking in the valley of death. Satan also kept deceiving me all the time and I kept failing. I may not survive even tomorrow. I have repented many times before the Lord. God is the ultimate judge and now my life is in His hand. He may not forgive me, but I have done everything that I could do to repent and serve Him after my fall - posting this also a way of serving Him for me at the moment. I would much appreciate your prayer for me. And I pray that this Forum will be something to expand the kingdom of God to bless and teach others for everyone who joins it.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As a Christian, I must honestly confess that I am ashamed that I had been walking in the flesh in disobedience to His will and turned away from him for many years and He put severe fatal chronic illnesses on me because of my longstanding sins even after I got baptised. I have atrial fibrillation, chronic insomnia and some other disorders and right now I am walking in the valley of death. Satan also kept deceiving me all the time and I kept failing. I may not survive even tomorrow. I have repented many times before the Lord. God is the ultimate judge and now my life is in His hand. He may not forgive me, but I have done everything that I could do to repent and serve Him after my fall - posting this also a way of serving Him for me at the moment. I would much appreciate your prayer for me. And I pray that this Forum will be something to expand the kingdom of God to bless and teach others for everyone who joins it.

Look at Jesus brother, keep your eyes peeled on Him. You get into heaven not because of the many good things you have done but for having faith in the sacrifice of Jesus on your behalf. So put your faith in God's love for Christ sake and you shall have hope as you go through these valleys.

Praying Jesus will keep you close.

Upvote 0

Lawry

Jan 12, 2021
Melbourne
✟7,877.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
R

I think you are missing the point altogether. A christian is not under law because in the death and resurrection of Jesus, the law is abolished altogether because it is fulfilled. No one but jesus was ever going to fulfill the law, so its only through faith in jesus and his works we are not under law.

The sooner you can get away from the idea that being good somehow makes you better in Gods sight the sooner you can stop thinking God has a cosmic cane ready to wack you when you stuff up.

Every aspect of consideration of the place of law in a christians life goes back to works and this defeats the purpose of the cross.

Cant add too it, cant take away from it....no matter what you do for right or wrong, thats how perfect His Grace is.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God has already forgiven you.

Now look to God to rescue you from all your troubles ...

Psalm 34

4 I sought the Lord, and He heard me,
And delivered me from all my fears.

5 Those that look to Him are made radiant,
And their faces are not ashamed.

6 This poor man cried out, and the Lord heard him,
And saved him out of all his troubles.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

But if a Christian operates in the spiritual nature which is the Holy Spirit, a Christian will not break any law even WITHOUT the conscious about the DOs and DONT'S which is the law.

Nowhere does the Bible describe operating difference between operating in the flesh or the Spirit as whether we are conscience of do's and don'ts. Rather, operating in the flesh is always in disobedience to God's law, while operating in the Spirit is in obedience to it (Romans 7:14). In Ezekiel 36:26-27, the Spirit has the role of leading us to obey God's law. In Romans 8:4-7, those who walk in the Spirit are contrasted with those who have mind set on the flesh who refuse to submit to God's law. In Galatians 5:19-22, everything listed as works of the flesh that are against the Spirit are also against God's law, while all of the fruits of the Spirit are aspects of God's nature that are in accordance with it

Furthermore, nowhere does the Bible even describe it as being ideal to not be conscience of do's and don't. On the contrary, in Deuteronomy 6:4-7, the way to love God with all of heart, soul, and might is by putting God's law on our hearts and diligently teaching it our children, talking of it when we sin in our house, and when we walk by the way, when we lie down, and when we rise. Likewise, in Psalms 1:1-2, blessed are those who delight in the law of the Lord and who mediate on it day and night.

When Jesus said it is finished on the cross, he has put an end to the law to anyone who put his faith in Jesus and his finished work.

In Titus 2:14, it does not say that Jesus gave himself to end God's law, but in order to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people of his own possession who are zealous for doing good works, so becoming zealous for doing good works in obedience to God's law is what it looks like to have faith in Jesus and his finished work.

In Romans 9:30-10:4, the Israelites had a zeal for God, but it was not based on knowledge because they did not understand that the righteousness of God only comes through faith in Christ. So they failed to obtain righteousness because they pursued God's law as through righteousness were by works in an effort to establish their own instead of pursuing God's law as through righteousness were by faith in Christ, for Christ is the goal of God's law for righteousness for everyone who has faith. In Romans 10:5-10, Paul quoted Deuteronomy 30:11-16, in regard to this faith saying that God's law is not too difficult for us to obey, that the one who obeys it will obtain life by it, and in regard to what it looks like to submit to Jesus as Lord. So there is nothing in the context of this verse that even remotely suggests that Christ is ending his eternal law, but just the opposite.

The reason that God saved the Israelites out of bondage in Egypt was not in order to put them under bondage to His law, but rather it is for freedom that God sets us free (Galatians 5:1), and God's law is a law of liberty (Psalms 119:45). In Psalms 119:142, God's law is truth, and in John 8:31-36, it is sin in transgression of God's law that puts us in bondage while it the truth that sets us free.

It is contradictory to think that we have been freed from God's law in order to follow the Spirit when the Spirit has the role of leading us to obey God's law but rather we would need to be free from a law that was hindering us from from obeying God's law in order to follow the Spirit. In Ephesians 2:10, we have been made new creations in Christ in order to do good works, not in order to be freed from God's laws for how to do good works.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

Masaru Hashimoto

Jan 9, 2021
Auckland
✟8,074.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Look at Jesus brother, keep your eyes peeled on Him. You get into heaven not because of the many good things you have done but for having faith in the sacrifice of Jesus on your behalf. So put your faith in God's love for Christ sake and you shall have hope as you go through these valleys.

Praying Jesus will keep you close.
Thank you for your prayer.
I am so glad that God has allowed me to have fellowship with Christians like you who can pray for me even if I am so hopeless. Please also pray that He will allow me to go to heaven in the presence of the Lord to wait for my wife, you, and so many other wonderful Christians praying for me.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am so glad that God has allowed me to have fellowship with Christians like you who can pray for me even if I am so hopeless. Please also pray that He will allow me to go to heaven in the presence of the Lord to wait for my wife, you, and so many other wonderful Christians praying for me.

i pray the Lord will give you peace. Peace in the sure knowledge that He will not forsake us in our hour of death. Place your faith in Jesus brother and let Him lead you to paradise.

Psalms 116:15
"Precious in the sight of the Lord
is the death of his faithful servants."

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

I don't know what you mean, exactly, by "be sensitive to the Holy Spirit." Scripture indicates that walking in the Spirit is more than just being "sensitive"; it is being a living sacrifice to God (Romans 12:1), yielded to the will and way of the Spirit throughout every day (Romans 8:14; Romans 6:13-22; James 4:7; 1 Peter 5:6). Also, we don't fill ourselves with the love of God, but rather allow Him to fill us with His love in the Person of His Spirit (Romans 5:5; Galatians 5:22). And this is accomplished by submitting to the Spirit throughout every day.

The difference, I think, between living in the Spirit and walking in the Spirit is the difference between being related to a person and being in intimate communion (fellowship) with that person. We become children of God by putting our trust in Christ as our Saviour; but we only begin to fellowship with God - walk in the Spirit - when we live in constant humble submission to the will and way of the Spirit, being led by him in all we do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Steve Husting

Jan 1, 2021
Fountain Valley
Visit site
✟10,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
"When Jesus said it is finished on the cross, he has put an end to the law to anyone who put his faith in Jesus and his finished work. Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes."

The book of Romans is all about (the just shall live by faith," quoting a verse from the Old Testament which blew Paul away, for he was a man of the law, not of faith. Jesus fulfilled the law. When we were born again, we were placed in Christ. In Christ, we have a flawless standing before God, for Christ's perfect righteousness has been imputed to us. When we are walking by faith in God, then we are living as the righteous are supposed to walk. Our eyes are on Jesus, not the OT laws. We read the Word, respond in faith to it, and are living as the righteous. We read the Word, the Spirit reveals something to us about it, we take it in faith as from God, and we put it into action. This is the life of faith day by day. This is the life of liberty we are to enjoy. It all reflects a relationship with God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello @alaric, here's a short article that may be worth considering as well. It focuses on the Reformer's understanding of God's Law, and the purposes that it still has in this world.

THE THREEFOLD USE OF THE LAW

Every Christian wrestles with the question, how does the Old Testament law relate to my life? Is the Old Testament law irrelevant to Christians or is there some sense in which we are still bound by portions of it? As the heresy of antinomianism becomes ever more pervasive in our culture, the need to answer these questions grows increasingly urgent.

The Reformation was founded on grace and not upon law. Yet the law of God was not repudiated by the Reformers. John Calvin, for example, wrote what has become known as the “Threefold Use of the Law” in order to show the importance of the law for the Christian life.

The first purpose of the law is to be a mirror. On the one hand, the law of God reflects and mirrors the perfect righteousness of God. The law tells us much about who God is. Perhaps more important, the law illumines human sinfulness. Augustine wrote, “The law orders, that we, after attempting to do what is ordered, and so feeling our weakness under the law, may learn to implore the help of grace.”2 The law highlights our weakness so that we might seek the strength found in Christ. Here the law acts as a severe schoolmaster who drives us to Christ (Galatians 3:24-25).

A second purpose for the law is the restraint of evil. The law, in and of itself, cannot change human hearts. It can, however, serve to protect the righteous from the unjust. Calvin says this purpose is “by means of its fearful denunciations and the consequent dread of punishment, to curb those who, unless forced, have no regard for rectitude and justice.”3 The law allows for a limited measure of justice on this earth, until the last judgment is realized.

The third purpose of the law is to reveal what is pleasing to God. As born-again children of God, the law enlightens us as to what is pleasing to our Father, whom we seek to serve. The Christian delights in the law as God Himself delights in it. Jesus said, “If you love Me, keep My commandments” (John 14:15). This is the highest function of the law, to serve as an instrument for the people of God to give Him honor and glory.

By studying or meditating on the law of God, we attend the school of righteousness. We learn what pleases God and what offends Him. The moral law that God reveals in Scripture is always binding upon us. Our redemption is from the curse of God’s law, not from our duty to obey it. We are justified, not because of our obedience to the law, but in order that we may become obedient to God’s law. To love Christ is to keep His commandments. To love God is to obey His law.

Summary
1. The church today has been invaded by antinomianism, which weakens, rejects, or distorts the law of God.
2. The law of God is a mirror of God’s holiness and our unrighteousness. It serves to reveal to us our need of a savior.
3. The law of God is a restraint against sin.
4. The law of God reveals what is pleasing and what is offensive to God.
5. The Christian is to love the law of God and to obey the moral law of God.

Biblical passages for reflection:
Psalm 19:7-11
Psalm 119:9-16
Romans 7:7-25
Romans 8:3-4
1 Corinthians 7:19
Galatians 3:24

~Excerpt from Essential Truths Of The Christian Faith by R. C. Sproul © (Tyndale 1992)

God bless you!

--David
p.s. - when I finally became a Christian, a little over 34 years ago (2 months after my 30th birthday), I immediately realized how displeasing my former, sinful life must have been to our Lord, and I never wanted to displease Him like that again. The problem was, I really didn't know how, because outside of no longer living the very sinful life that I had been living up until that point, I really didn't know what was honoring, pleasing and/or glorifying to Him. That's where the Bible, particularly God's OT law, helped me (not to be saved or to remain saved, but to help me know Him, and thereby to help me truly understand what I needed to do to please the One who loved me and had done so much for me).

• Useful
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We dont receive the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit by the works of the law or covenant of works. We dont obey His Word to be saved but we follow His Word because we are saved.

Jesus said "If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;" John 14:15-31 Abiding, residing. connected, depending on Him and His Word.

AND the Holy Spirit will help us = we can be lead by the Spirit of God John 16:13, Rom 8:14, 26, 27, I Cor 2:13, John 14:26, Eph 4:30, Gal 5:25

God's grace is evident in the 10. He wants us to be loving, honest, peaceful/content, humble, give honor, to rest, have our priorities in the right order, and live with purity We can decide to try to do these on our own strength but we just can't love another as we should without His help - being guided by His Spirit. The same applies to the other commandments.

The end of the law in Rom 10:4 can be understood by this version "For Christ is the end of the Law [the limit at which it ceases to be, for the Law leads up to Him Who is the fulfillment of its types, and in Him the purpose which it was designed to accomplish is fulfilled. That is, the purpose of the Law is fulfilled in Him] as the means of righteousness (right relationship to God) for everyone who trusts in and adheres to and relies on Him." AMPC

Encourage you to read John 14-15. It includes The Spirit of truth will teach/guide us continually, the Father being glorified, He is the vine while we are the branches, abiding in His love IF we obey His Word, joy, calling us friends IF we follow His Word, we're to love Him well IF we obey His commandments and love others as ourselves following His Word, etc

Furthermore "Jesus answered and said unto him,
If a man love me,
he will keep my words: and
my Father will love him, and
we will come unto him, and
make our abode with him.
"
John 14:23

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear brother Masaru,
Have you read psalm 130 and make it your own prayer?

Have you considered what is written in Isaiah 55:6-7 ?

Have you understand how David found grace in God’s sight in Psalm 32 when God’s hands were heavy upon Him ?

Have you ever meditate Lamentation 3:19-33?

May you eventually find the answers !

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Don’t lose hope, brother.

Pray this prayer, brother:
O LORD my God, I cried to you for help, and you have healed me. -Psalms 30:2
Amen

Upvote 0

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

First let me say that God had Peter to clearly warn us about some of Paul’s writing. (2 Peter:3:15-16) (v.15) And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; (v.16) As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. Now let us take heed to this warning, we can’t ignore all the bible and just concentrate on a hand full of verses out of the writings of Paul. Because some of Paul’s writing is hard to be understood.

Paul talks about two different laws, one is law of animal sacrificial and the other Royal law. I see the verses you post focus on the animal sacrificial laws, but you have to learn to understand Paul's writing and the Bible as a whole, from Genesis to Revelation. Again, when you read about the law having a shadow of good things to come, and the law that was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, it was not referring to God’s holy commandments but the animal sacrifice law.

Daniel the prophet foretold the doing away of this law. (Dan 9:26-27) And after threescore and two weeks shall Mes-si’-ah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. Now we know that Jesus is the Mes-si’-ah, and cut off means to be killed, and Jesus didn’t die for himself, but for the sins of the people. (v.27) “And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease.” When Jesus died on the cross he caused the sacrifice and oblation to cease. This signified the end of the law of animal sacrifice, not God's Royal law (Ten Commandments).

Let’s take a look and see what happen around that time of his death in Matthew 27: 46And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? 47 Some of them that stood there, when they heard that, said, This man calleth for Elias. 48 And straightway one of them ran, and took a sponge, and filled it with vinegar, and put it on a reed, and gave him to drink. 49 The rest said, Let be, let us see whether Elias will come to save him. 50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. 51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; The veil of the temple is where the animal sacrificial laws was done at.

Paul explained this in; (Heb.10:1, 9-10,18,26-27) (v.1) For the law (what law, the law of animal sacrifice?) having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. (v.9) Then said he, (Jesus) Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first that he may establish the second. (v.10) By which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

When Jesus died on the cross that was the end of the first covenant, which consisted of the blood of animals and the keeping of God’s commandments. And his death also brought in the second covenant, which consist of the blood of Jesus and the keeping of God’s commandments. (v.18) Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin. In other words, no more animals are going to die for your sins. (v.26) For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins.

Now do we understand what’s being said here? If you sin willfully after you have knowledge of what the truth is, no more animals are going to die for you. (v.27) But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. Now if you are being deceived into believing that once you are under God’s grace you no longer have to keep his commandments, all you have to look forward to is the day of judgement and the lake of fire (fiery indignation).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But if a Christian operates in the spiritual nature which is the Holy Spirit, a Christian will not break any law

This is teaching sinless perfection which is against forum rules.

• Useful
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
True christians realize that God's law must be obeyed to receive eternal life.

Why does the bible seem to teach that the law has been done away with, if we must still keep the commandments? When the bible speaks of laws we no longer have to keep, it is speaking of the sacrificial laws. These laws were a school master pointing us to the fact that Jesus would be sacrificed for our sins. Since Jesus died we are no longer under a school master, (required to offer up bulls and goats for our sins).

Now we must believe (have faith) Jesus died for us (Hebrews 10:4,9-10). This doesn't mean we don't have to obey God's moral laws of conduct. That would be like a man getting paroled from prison and then ignoring the same laws that sent him to prison in the first place. Jesus only died once, so if we willingly break God's law, after accepting Jesus, our reward will be eternal damnation (Hebrews 10:26-27). Let us avoid this at all costs, seeking a better reward. Jesus will return real soon And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. (Revelation 22:12).

Throughout the bible we find that in order to receive eternal salvation we must keep God's commandments to the end. If we make a mistake we must not give up, but I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus (Philippians 3:13-14). The last chapter in the whole bible reminds us of this one last time. "Blessed are they that do his commandments that they may have right to the tree of life." (Revelation 22:14). After this we find only seven more verses in the bible, and none of them does away with God's commandments.

The bible says, we must not only be a hearer of the word, but a doer of the word also (James 1:21-22). DON'T FOOL YOURSELF! If we really have faith in Jesus our actions will prove it. If Jesus is our Lord then we will obey him. Even a child will obey a parent, by getting good grades in school, for the reward of a new bicycle. The child cannot earn money for the bicycle, but instead must act upon their faith to receive the free gift. We must do the same to receive eternal life. "FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD"(James 2:20).

Upvote 0