The Last Day

O

Old Timer

Here's one that every Christian should consider;

Jerusalem..

Our LORD said that Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

Then what?

What happens when the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled?

I think it's this.. Rev 11.. with respect to the things which shall be hereafter..

And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Worthy is the Lamb that was slain..

Bonus question..

What nation on earth is not counted amongst the Gentile nations?

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

ebedmelech said in post 293:

Was it not Jesus who told Pilate "MY kingdom is not of this world", does Paul not tell us the "kingdom of God is righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit?

John 18:36 means Jesus' future, physical reign on the earth with the bodily resurrected church (Revelation 20:4-6, Revelation 5:10, Revelation 2:26-29) won't be of this world in the sense it won't come by worldly means, such as by the church fighting physically to establish it (2 Corinthians 10:3-4, Matthew 26:52, Matthew 5:39). Instead, it will come only by Jesus returning physically from heaven to establish it (Revelation 19:7 to 20:6, Zechariah 14:3-21). Also, after the millennium and subsequent events are over (Revelation 20:7-15), a new earth will be created and God's kingdom will continue forever on the new earth (Revelation 21:1 to 22:5).

ebedmelech said in post 298:

When the apostles asked Jesus in Acts 1 "Is it now that you would restore the kingdom to Israel?", this is what Jesus said...Acts 1:7, 8
7 He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or epochs which the Father has fixed by His own authority;
8 but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.”
Jesus said nothing of Israel being restored...neither does the apostles.

The question in Acts 1:6 is answered elsewhere in the scriptures (Acts 3:20-21, Zechariah 14:3-21).

Regarding "restoring the kingdom" to Israel (Acts 1:6), that means restoring the kingdom of Israel in a physical way in which it will bear fruit (Matthew 21:43), which won't happen until Jesus' 2nd coming (Acts 3:20-21, Zechariah 14:3-21).

Presently, the kingdom of God is in heaven (2 Timothy 4:18, Hebrews 12:22-24), and is on the earth spiritually within Christians (Romans 14:17, Luke 17:21). In the future the kingdom will come fully upon the earth as it is in heaven (Matthew 6:10). It will be physically (Luke 22:30, Matthew 19:28) on the earth (Revelation 5:10), first during the future millennium (Revelation 20:4-6, Revelation 2:26-29, Psalms 66:3-4, Psalms 72:8-11, Zechariah 14:3-21) and then on the new earth (Revelation 21:1-8).

Jesus' kingdom is Israel (John 1:49, John 12:13-15, John 19:19, Luke 22:30). That's why at his 2nd coming he will sit on the earthly throne of David (Luke 1:32-33, Isaiah 9:7) and restore the kingdom to Israel (Acts 1:6-7, Acts 3:20-21). Jesus is, in his humanity, the son of David (Matthew 1:1, Matthew 21:15-16, Romans 1:3), of the house of David (Luke 1:69). So at Jesus' 2nd coming he will restore the tabernacle, the house, of David (Isaiah 16:5, Amos 9:11), to its royal glory (2 Samuel 5:12) which it had lost (2 Kings 17:21a). And Jesus will fulfill the prophecy and prayer of 2 Samuel 7:16-29. And he will bring salvation to all the still-living unbelieving elect Jews of the house of David. For they (along with all other still-living unbelieving elect Jews) will come into faith in him when they see him at his 2nd coming (Zechariah 12:10-14, Zechariah 13:1,6, Romans 11:26-31). And so they will become part of the church at that time, for there are now no believers outside of the church (Ephesians 4:4-6).

After Jesus' 2nd coming (Revelation 19:7 to 20:3, Zechariah 14:3-5) will occur the millennium (Revelation 20:4-6, Zechariah 14:8-21), during which, Gentile nations will come to seek the returned Jesus ruling the whole earth (Zechariah 8:22, Zechariah 14:9, Psalms 72:8-11) on the restored throne of David (Isaiah 9:7) in the earthly Jerusalem (Isaiah 2:1-4, Zechariah 14:8-11,16-19). And the bodily resurrected church will reign on the earth with the returned Jesus during the millennium (Revelation 20:4-6, Revelation 5:10, Revelation 2:26-29). For the church is Israel (Romans 11:1,17,24, Ephesians 2:12,19, Galatians 3:29, Revelation 21:9,12; 1 Peter 2:9-10).

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
ebed feel free to troll somewhere else.
I don't troll Old Timer. I do work to understand the scriptures though. I also will present the proper understanding of scripture when I see there's an obvious misunderstanding of what scripture teaches.

I also understand when one doesn't want to be confused with the facts.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
John 18:36 means Jesus' future, physical reign on the earth with the bodily resurrected church (Revelation 20:4-6, Revelation 5:10, Revelation 2:26-29) won't be of this world in the sense it won't come by worldly means, such as by the church fighting physically to establish it (2 Corinthians 10:3-4, Matthew 26:52, Matthew 5:39). Instead, it will come only by Jesus returning physically from heaven to establish it (Revelation 19:7 to 20:6, Zechariah 14:3-21). Also, after the millennium and subsequent events are over (Revelation 20:7-15), a new earth will be created and God's kingdom will continue forever on the new earth (Revelation 21:1 to 22:5).
No. That's not what the passage says Bible2. John 18:36:
36 Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm.”

Did you read all of that? Jesus' kingdom was as existent then as it is now Bible2. He said His kingdom IS NOT OF THIS REALM. When Jesus started His ministry He said "Repent. for the kingdom of heaven is at hand" (Matthew 4:17).

The apostle Paul teaches "the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power." That would be the power of God Bible2! That kingdom exist now and it is our inheritance right now. Jesus sits on the throne of that kingdom right now. Try reading Acts 2:29-36.

There is NO future millennium Bible2! Though I know there are those looking for that, the fact is when you read scripture as intended you realize the millennium began when God Raised Jesus from the dead as Paul makes very clear in Ephesians 1:20:
20 which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places,
21 far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named,...
(please notice this last portion)...not only in this age but also in the one to come.

Now...it clearly says Jesus authority is right now...you reign by having "AUTHORITY" to do so Bible2...and Jesus said after His resurrection in Matthew 28:18:
18 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.

Do you notice the consistency of Jesus and Paul Bible2? They both say the same thing when it comes to Christ authority and when He received it from the Father. The "millennium" (1000 years), is a period of time, which is unknown to anyone. It will end when Jesus returns and renders judgment! That is consistent with 1 Corinthians 15:20-28.
The question in Acts 1:6 is answered elsewhere in the scriptures (Acts 3:20-21, Zechariah 14:3-21).

Regarding "restoring the kingdom" to Israel (Acts 1:6), that means restoring the kingdom of Israel in a physical way in which it will bear fruit (Matthew 21:43), which won't happen until Jesus' 2nd coming (Acts 3:20-21, Zechariah 14:3-21).

Presently, the kingdom of God is in heaven (2 Timothy 4:18, Hebrews 12:22-24), and is on the earth spiritually within Christians (Romans 14:17, Luke 17:21). In the future the kingdom will come fully upon the earth as it is in heaven (Matthew 6:10). It will be physically (Luke 22:30, Matthew 19:28) on the earth (Revelation 5:10), first during the future millennium (Revelation 20:4-6, Revelation 2:26-29, Psalms 66:3-4, Psalms 72:8-11, Zechariah 14:3-21) and then on the new earth (Revelation 21:1-8).

Jesus' kingdom is Israel (John 1:49, John 12:13-15, John 19:19, Luke 22:30). That's why at his 2nd coming he will sit on the earthly throne of David (Luke 1:32-33, Isaiah 9:7) and restore the kingdom to Israel (Acts 1:6-7, Acts 3:20-21). Jesus is, in his humanity, the son of David (Matthew 1:1, Matthew 21:15-16, Romans 1:3), of the house of David (Luke 1:69). So at Jesus' 2nd coming he will restore the tabernacle, the house, of David (Isaiah 16:5, Amos 9:11), to its royal glory (2 Samuel 5:12) which it had lost (2 Kings 17:21a). And Jesus will fulfill the prophecy and prayer of 2 Samuel 7:16-29. And he will bring salvation to all the still-living unbelieving elect Jews of the house of David. For they (along with all other still-living unbelieving elect Jews) will come into faith in him when they see him at his 2nd coming (Zechariah 12:10-14, Zechariah 13:1,6, Romans 11:26-31). And so they will become part of the church at that time, for there are now no believers outside of the church (Ephesians 4:4-6).

After Jesus' 2nd coming (Revelation 19:7 to 20:3, Zechariah 14:3-5) will occur the millennium (Revelation 20:4-6, Zechariah 14:8-21), during which, Gentile nations will come to seek the returned Jesus ruling the whole earth (Zechariah 8:22, Zechariah 14:9, Psalms 72:8-11) on the restored throne of David (Isaiah 9:7) in the earthly Jerusalem (Isaiah 2:1-4, Zechariah 14:8-11,16-19). And the bodily resurrected church will reign on the earth with the returned Jesus during the millennium (Revelation 20:4-6, Revelation 5:10, Revelation 2:26-29). For the church is Israel (Romans 11:1,17,24, Ephesians 2:12,19, Galatians 3:29, Revelation 21:9,12; 1 Peter 2:9-10).
Really? I think Jesus gave the right answer when He spoke to Pilate. He said "My kingdom is NOT of this world".

Your Zechariah and Acts passages are what you take out of context Bible2...you left out Acts 3:23, which says;
23 And it will be that every soul that does not heed that prophet shall be utterly destroyed from among the people.’

Now when will that happen? It will happen in the judgment when Christ returns.

Look at Zechariah 14:3, 4;
3 Then the Lord will go forth and fight against those nations, as when He fights on a day of battle.
4 In that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which is in front of Jerusalem on the east; and the Mount of Olives will be split in its middle from east to west by a very large valley, so that half of the mountain will move toward the north and the other half toward the south.

Now...read Revelation 19:11-20. See if you can make a connection.

Upvote 0
"Zechariah 14:3, 4;
3 Then the Lord will go forth and fight against those nations, as when He fights on a day of battle.
4 In that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which is in front of Jerusalem on the east; and the Mount of Olives will be split in its middle from east to west by a very large valley, so that half of the mountain will move toward the north and the other half toward the south."

Dear readers,

I am addressing a part of prophecy that is not being interpreted in context with the last-day, and how it plays out. Zechariah's prophecy is fulfilled in the mind of man. The symbolic objects must be associated with actual nature of man in the end.

The battle is mental, and spiritual, and must be in context with the NT that says we will receive a new mind and Spirit, and not buildings, or anything made by man's hand. The rock that smites is not a stone cut-out by man.

In this prophecy the Mount of Olives is the entire mind, which is parallel to the entire world. The East half of the mount is the right frontlet, while the West (West is not mentioned because we already have the East as reference) is the Left half of the brain/mount. These two halves are an image of the Two Witnesses, and are East-male, and West-female. The West-female is also a parallel image to end-time Jerusalem.

These two halves were once equal in height as the right side of the brain is level with the left. This carries over to the horizontal beam of the Cross in imagery. A second consummation of sin has broken the Yoke and caused the beam to turn 90° to the right and the horizontal beam is then vertical and aligned with the upright beam of the Cross and forms a Pole instead of a Cross. The East-right side of the horizontal beam becomes heavy with transgression and it falls and collapses into a pole.

The Brain halves are parallel to the two sides of the horizontal beam, and divided by the vertical beam which has the Ten commandments written in it as the Image of Christ hangs on the Cross, and forms the image of 7 which are the first 7 and starting at the top of the Cross where His head be.

When the second consummation of sin occurs it rips the curtain in the Upper room, and then, is later mended with stitching the tear and joining the two sides in a new covenant. If the covenant is counterfeit it will have an upside image of the law and it's order in the Cross. The right and left sides of the brain are unequal and in the imagery on Zechariah, we see that there are coordinated measures given.

The Mount must first be split, and this is saying that God rips the poorly mended curtain so that He may repair it according to His law and order. The East who are the males in this world are the side of the curtain that is lower than the left. The West-female are higher on their side, which is exalted over the East. This is an image of the horizontal beam with a slant, and the right side is lower, or actually at the bottom of the first 7 commands on the Cross, and only the last three commands remain visible on the vertical beam. This is as flipping Christ sideways on the Cross.

The East side must move North, and the West side must move South so to level the horizontal beam in relation to the vertical beam, which has the law embedded in it. The horizontal beam is an image of the Yoke that must remain level so that both sides, East and West side of the horizontal beam will be equal with one another in Law and they will hover over the waters which is below the Cross, as the last three commands are the foot of the Cross and the portion that is in the earth. The Cross had to be dropped into a pit so it will stand. These are essential details that illustrate the prophets vision in our contemporary age of the NT.

God will stand on the Mount, meaning that He has overcome it, and He will split the two apart so that He may realign the two sides and then make a new covenant with them and they will be mended as to stitch the curtain back together and equally righted. The East side moves north and the West moves South. This is depicting the separation of the wheat and the tares, the goats and the sheep.

This is an issue that is current and should be expected according to Zechariah. This is an issue of the Women's Liberation Movement when the West side moved North, while the East side moved South, which is illustrating the folding of the Cross, and making it into the serpent on the pole. This has relevance to the mid 19th century American history.

The men and women will be segregated before being joined together in the New covenant that was changed in 1848 American history. This will dispel all of the current world mysteries over religion and politics, and the world will be in Peace only after a great tribulation comes that will do the ripping of the curtain before being properly mended in spiritual equality.

Eschatology can do more harm than good, and it is persistent to keep the womb of Christ open on the operating table. We have split Christ into two parts and reformed Him, and He will come to Life, be Righted before He will right the world so to reCreate a new creature by His Law and order. The curtain in our minds will be mended and both sides will then be equally level, and neither need to move again.

The Cross is currently a pole with the serpent coiled around it, and holding the horizontal beam from being corrected, and the serpent must be removed so to allow us in mind to correct our beam. The heavy beam has become a blinder to the world and if we tell the serpent to remove himself from our mind we may then be righted after our release from his bondage on the Cross.

The great tribulation will be great, and nothing as the world has known before. It will mean to surrender all or nothing, et al. It's either this world or heaven. Give Christ or give us Barabbas. Go East or remain in the West.

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
For the most part, the posts on this forum are SO FAR OUT from the "Pale of Orthodoxy" as to be unrecognizable to a true student of the word of God. I will leave you all to the future YOU dream of....for that is all it is: a dream far removed from the TRUTH of God's word. Soon many of you will understand the truth behind "LEFT BEHIND."

This will be my last post, unless I have a change of heart. There is perhaps only one or two here that have ears to hear the truth.

This is what God is saying today about these things:

"[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Awaken O' lukewarm church.. .. Tear your hearts away from the love of the world and the enemy. Wash your hands of this evil world. Come away with ME and live free from evil. I am the ONLY ONE WHO can save you from what is coming upon this evil earth. Dark days are soon ahead. Even now it is already becoming so dark, a world that hates GOD. You must run to ME, make your way to ME. I am not a man that I should lie. There are streams of LIVING WATERS if you choose ME. The hour is coming when this choice will not be an easy one, so think this through carefully. Take MY Book and read it: I will guide you. This is an edict from the Throne Room.....

If you choose with MY enemy, you will be lost for eternity in hell. If you choose for ME, then you may come out with ME, when I come to get MY bride—MY true church. This is who I will be coming back to get—to receive unto MYSELF—to pull to safety. Al l the others who choose against ME will remain behind and one of two things will happen to those who remain behind: they will either be left to face the wrath of MY enemy and the wrath of GOD simultaneously while alive on the earth or they will be caught up in the sudden destruction that will come upon the earth immediately following the removal of the church—the bride. It is that simple....
[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]This is serious MY children. You must sober yourselves and come to the realization that the world is about to be overrun by horror and I will be removing the bride and the earth will not look the same." (Words dictated Feb. 12 & Feb. 18th to Susan Davis)

You can chose to believe these words, or deny them: it is your choice. Just know, God is not a man that He should lie: these words agree with the Written word of God in your own bibles.
[/FONT][/FONT]
Hasta la Vista
Au Revoir
Arrivederci
Ciao
Auf Wiedersehen
Do svidaniya
Sayōnara
Zài jiàn
Good Bye all

LAMAD

Upvote 0
For the most part, the posts on this forum are SO FAR OUT from the "Pale of Orthodoxy" as to be unrecognizable to a true student of the word of God. I will leave you all to the future YOU dream of....for that is all it is: a dream far removed from the TRUTH of God's word. Soon many of you will understand the truth behind "LEFT BEHIND."

This will be my last post, unless I have a change of heart. There is perhaps only one or two here that have ears to hear the truth.

This is what God is saying today about these things:

"[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Awaken O' lukewarm church.. .. Tear your hearts away from the love of the world and the enemy. Wash your hands of this evil world. Come away with ME and live free from evil. I am the ONLY ONE WHO can save you from what is coming upon this evil earth. Dark days are soon ahead. Even now it is already becoming so dark, a world that hates GOD. You must run to ME, make your way to ME. I am not a man that I should lie. There are streams of LIVING WATERS if you choose ME. The hour is coming when this choice will not be an easy one, so think this through carefully. Take MY Book and read it: I will guide you. This is an edict from the Throne Room.....

If you choose with MY enemy, you will be lost for eternity in hell. If you choose for ME, then you may come out with ME, when I come to get MY bride—MY true church. This is who I will be coming back to get—to receive unto MYSELF—to pull to safety. Al l the others who choose against ME will remain behind and one of two things will happen to those who remain behind: they will either be left to face the wrath of MY enemy and the wrath of GOD simultaneously while alive on the earth or they will be caught up in the sudden destruction that will come upon the earth immediately following the removal of the church—the bride. It is that simple....
[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]This is serious MY children. You must sober yourselves and come to the realization that the world is about to be overrun by horror and I will be removing the bride and the earth will not look the same." (Words dictated Feb. 12 & Feb. 18th to Susan Davis)

You can chose to believe these words, or deny them: it is your choice. Just know, God is not a man that He should lie: these words agree with the Written word of God in your own bibles.
[/FONT][/FONT]
Hasta la Vista
Au Revoir
Arrivederci
Ciao
Auf Wiedersehen
Do svidaniya
Sayōnara
Zài jiàn
Good Bye all

LAMAD

You are doing what you are warning others not to do. You have thrown Christ into the crowd of commoners with your closing statement. It is as to say they may interpret it anyway that they may interpret it because it's in their OWN Bibles? Each then, the OWNER of their Bible are not in agreement with others.

This is an act of liberalism. Thanks but no thanks. :)

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
4 In that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which is in front of Jerusalem on the east; and the Mount of Olives will be split in its middle from east to west by a very large valley, so that half of the mountain will move toward the north and the other half toward the south."

Dear readers,

I am addressing a part of prophecy that is not being interpreted in context with the last-day, and how it plays out. Zechariah's prophecy is fulfilled in the mind of man. The symbolic objects must be associated with actual nature of man in the end.
No. This is not a correct assertion in my view. This has to do with "the mind" as much as we maintain the "mind of Christ" in my view. One has to hold to how scripture interprets these things to recognize them.
The battle is mental, and spiritual, and must be in context with the NT that says we will receive a new mind and Spirit, and not buildings, or anything made by man's hand. The rock that smites is not a stone cut-out by man.
This is very true!
In this prophecy the Mount of Olives is the entire mind, which is parallel to the entire world. The East half of the mount is the right frontlet, while the West (West is not mentioned because we already have the East as reference) is the Left half of the brain/mount. These two halves are an image of the Two Witnesses, and are East-male, and West-female. The West-female is also a parallel image to end-time Jerusalem.
This is where I take issue with what you're saying. You must look at how scripture deals with such statements and examine them. Take for instance a very clear prophetic use of this language in Micah 1:1-4:
The word of the Lord which came to Micah of Moresheth in the days of Jotham, Ahaz and Hezekiah, kings of Judah, which he saw concerning Samaria and Jerusalem.
2 Hear, O peoples, all of you; Listen, O earth and all it contains, And let the Lord God be a witness against you, The Lord from His holy temple.
3 For behold, the Lord is coming forth from His place. He will come down and tread on the high places of the earth.
4 The mountains will melt under Him And the valleys will be split, Like wax before the fire, Like water poured down a steep place.
5 All this is for the rebellion of Jacob And for the sins of the house of Israel. What is the rebellion of Jacob? Is it not Samaria? What is the high place of Judah? Is it not Jerusalem?

So when we examine this "language of scripture", what is actually happening when the Lord speaks through Micah...is the judgment of Israel and Jerusalem! This occurred just as Micah said...

*Israel was dispersed by God, as He used the Assyrian Empire to do so. We see this in 2 Kings 17, as God gives a full explanation!

*It came against Judah when God judged them using the Babylonian Empire to do the same. We see this happen in 2 Kings 25!

So the language of Micah 1:4 is that speaking of judgment! Please notice that Micha speaks of the "valley being split" also. Why? Because God is rendering judgment on Israel (Samaria) and Judah. This is what Zechariah 14 is speaking of in that prophecy (except this is final judgment here)...the "splitting of the Mount of Olives is not literal (just as you said), but neither is this a "mental thing as you're saying. The split of the Mount of Olives is speaking of the separation that will come from the Lord's judgment

These two halves were once equal in height as the right side of the brain is level with the left. This carries over to the horizontal beam of the Cross in imagery. A second consummation of sin has broken the Yoke and caused the beam to turn 90° to the right and the horizontal beam is then vertical and aligned with the upright beam of the Cross and forms a Pole instead of a Cross. The East-right side of the horizontal beam becomes heavy with transgression and it falls and collapses into a pole.

The Brain halves are parallel to the two sides of the horizontal beam, and divided by the vertical beam which has the Ten commandments written in it as the Image of Christ hangs on the Cross, and forms the image of 7 which are the first 7 and starting at the top of the Cross where His head be.

When the second consummation of sin occurs it rips the curtain in the Upper room, and then, is later mended with stitching the tear and joining the two sides in a new covenant. If the covenant is counterfeit it will have an upside image of the law and it's order in the Cross. The right and left sides of the brain are unequal and in the imagery on Zechariah, we see that there are coordinated measures given.

The Mount must first be split, and this is saying that God rips the poorly mended curtain so that He may repair it according to His law and order. The East who are the males in this world are the side of the curtain that is lower than the left. The West-female are higher on their side, which is exalted over the East. This is an image of the horizontal beam with a slant, and the right side is lower, or actually at the bottom of the first 7 commands on the Cross, and only the last three commands remain visible on the vertical beam. This is as flipping Christ sideways on the Cross.

The East side must move North, and the West side must move South so to level the horizontal beam in relation to the vertical beam, which has the law embedded in it. The horizontal beam is an image of the Yoke that must remain level so that both sides, East and West side of the horizontal beam will be equal with one another in Law and they will hover over the waters which is below the Cross, as the last three commands are the foot of the Cross and the portion that is in the earth. The Cross had to be dropped into a pit so it will stand. These are essential details that illustrate the prophets vision in our contemporary age of the NT.

God will stand on the Mount, meaning that He has overcome it, and He will split the two apart so that He may realign the two sides and then make a new covenant with them and they will be mended as to stitch the curtain back together and equally righted. The East side moves north and the West moves South. This is depicting the separation of the wheat and the tares, the goats and the sheep.

This is an issue that is current and should be expected according to Zechariah. This is an issue of the Women's Liberation Movement when the West side moved North, while the East side moved South, which is illustrating the folding of the Cross, and making it into the serpent on the pole. This has relevance to the mid 19th century American history.

The men and women will be segregated before being joined together in the New covenant that was changed in 1848 American history. This will dispel all of the current world mysteries over religion and politics, and the world will be in Peace only after a great tribulation comes that will do the ripping of the curtain before being properly mended in spiritual equality.

Eschatology can do more harm than good, and it is persistent to keep the womb of Christ open on the operating table. We have split Christ into two parts and reformed Him, and He will come to Life, be Righted before He will right the world so to reCreate a new creature by His Law and order. The curtain in our minds will be mended and both sides will then be equally level, and neither need to move again.

The Cross is currently a pole with the serpent coiled around it, and holding the horizontal beam from being corrected, and the serpent must be removed so to allow us in mind to correct our beam. The heavy beam has become a blinder to the world and if we tell the serpent to remove himself from our mind we may then be righted after our release from his bondage on the Cross.

The great tribulation will be great, and nothing as the world has known before. It will mean to surrender all or nothing, et al. It's either this world or heaven. Give Christ or give us Barabbas. Go East or remain in the West.

I will offer you this...the equal halves being split speak of the Lord's EQUITY in judgment. This isn't a *mind thing* it is the language of Zechariah's prophecy.

You must read and search the scriptures to understand this...you cannot just make this a "mind thing"...and I think it's quite dangerous to do so.

There's more to it...but I stop here...and point out several passages in the Psalms that make the point:

*Psalm 9:8
And He will judge the world in righteousness; He will execute judgment for the peoples with equity.

*Psalm 17:2
Let my judgment come forth from Your presence; Let Your eyes look with equity.

*Psalm 75:2
“When I select an appointed time, It is I who judge with equity.

*Psalm 96:10
Say among the nations, “The Lord reigns; Indeed, the world is firmly established, it will not be moved; He will judge the peoples with equity.”

Those are just a few verses. You can't just make this a *mind thing* SG9, scripture speaks to our mind when it needs to...so to just turn Zechariah's prophecy into the mind is very dangerous to do.

When you read what's happening in this prophecy, it's the Lord coming in judgment.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

Dear readers,

What was this all about???

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
B

Bible2

ebedmelech said in post 306:

There is NO future millennium

There are at least 8 scriptural reasons to read the 1,000 years of Revelation 20:2-6 as not beginning until after Jesus' (never fulfilled) 2nd coming in Revelation 19:7-21.

First, this is in accord with how the rest of Revelation chapters 6 to 22 are in chronological order, insofar as the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 will begin with the events of the 2nd through 6th seals, occurring in the order shown in Revelation 6:3-14. After the events of the 6th seal, Revelation 7 will occur. Then the 7th seal will be unsealed and out of it will come the tribulation's 7 trumpets (Revelation 8:1-6). Then the events of the first 6 trumpets in Revelation 8:7 to Revelation 9:21 will occur in the order shown there. Then Revelation 10 will occur. Then the literal 3.5 years of the Antichrist's worldwide reign will occur, which time period is shown from 4 different angles in Revelation chapters 11 to 14 (Revelation 11:2b-3, Revelation 12:6,14, Revelation 13:5,7, Revelation 14:9-13).

Then the 7th trumpet will sound, announcing the legal end of the Antichrist's reign (Revelation 11:15). Out of the 7th trumpet's heavenly-temple opening will come the 7 plagues of the 7 vials (Revelation 11:19, Revelation 15:5 to 16:1), the tribulation's final stage. Then the events of the 7 vials will occur in the order shown in Revelation 16. Jesus will return right after the 7th vial (Revelation 16:17,19, Revelation 19:2-21), and he will marry the church at that time (Revelation 19:7). Then he will defeat the world's armies (Revelation 19:11 to 20:3) and reign on the earth with the bodily resurrected or changed church for 1,000 years (Revelation 20:4-6, Revelation 5:10, Revelation 2:26-29; 1 Corinthians 15:51-53). Then the events of Revelation 20:7 to Revelation 22:5 will occur in the order shown there.

-

Second, the 1,000 years in Revelation 20:2-6 is when Satan will be literally bound with a chain, and cast into and locked within the literal bottomless pit, whereas currently he is walking about freely on the earth seeking whom he may devour (1 Peter 5:8). So the 1,000 years can't have started yet. But their beginning after Jesus' 2nd coming makes perfect sense (Revelation 19:7 to 20:6).

Third, during the 1,000 years, Satan won't be able to deceive the world (Revelation 20:3), whereas currently he is able to deceive the world (2 Corinthians 4:4; 2 Corinthians 11:3,14,15; 2 Thessalonians 2:9-10, Revelation 12:9, Revelation 13:14, Revelation 19:20, Revelation 20:10). So the 1,000 years can't have started yet.

Fourth, the defeat of Satan in Revelation 20:1-3 is in chronological accord with the immediately preceding defeat of the Antichrist (the individual man aspect of the beast), and the False Prophet, and the world's armies, at Jesus' 2nd coming (Revelation 19:19-21). Indeed, there is no chapter break between Revelation 19 and Revelation 20 in the original Greek manuscripts, so that Revelation 19:19 to 20:3 can be taken together as a unit, showing how every power of evil will be defeated at Jesus' 2nd coming.

Fifth, reading Revelation 20:4-6 as Jesus and the bodily resurrected church reigning first on the present (not the new) earth after his 2nd coming (Revelation 19:7 to 20:6) matches Jesus reigning first on the present (not the new) earth after his 2nd coming in Zechariah 14:3-21. For Zechariah 14:8-21 can't be referring to the new earth, because it refers to a temple building in Jerusalem (Zechariah 14:20-21), whereas there will be no temple building in New Jerusalem on the new earth (Revelation 21:22). Also, Zechariah 14:8-21 can't be referring to the new earth because it refers to surviving unsaved people from the present earth being forced to come up to worship the returned Jesus in Jerusalem during the millennium (Zechariah 14:16-19), whereas by the time of the new earth, all the unsaved people from the present earth will have already been cast into the lake of fire (Revelation 20:15 to 21:8).

Sixth, reading the first resurrection in Revelation 20:4-6 as the bodily resurrection of the church at Jesus' 2nd coming (Revelation 19:7 to 20:6) matches other verses which show that the bodily resurrection of the church will occur at Jesus' 2nd coming (1 Corinthians 15:21-23,51-54; 1 Thessalonians 4:15-16).

Seventh, reading the first resurrection in Revelation 20:4-6 as the bodily resurrection of the church at Jesus' 2nd coming is in line with Revelation 20:5, which must refer in its entirety to only bodily resurrection. For not every dead person is going to be figuratively resurrected in the sense of becoming saved (Revelation 20:15). And Revelation 20:5 means that the rest of the dead (i.e. all the non-church dead of all times) will be resurrected in the same manner that the church will be resurrected in Revelation 20:4-6, but the rest of the dead won't be resurrected until sometime after the 1,000 years are over.

Eighth, reading the first resurrection in Revelation 20:4-6 as the bodily resurrection of the church at Jesus' 2nd coming is in line with Revelation 20:4, which shows that the people in the first resurrection will include those in the church who will have been beheaded by the Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of the beast) for not worshipping him or his image, or receiving his mark on their hand or forehead. This refers back to the details of Revelation 13:4-18, which have never been fulfilled. So the first resurrection can't have happened yet. But its occurring at Jesus' 2nd coming, when he will defeat the Antichrist, makes perfect sense (Revelation 19:20 to 20:6; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-9).

Now...it clearly says Jesus authority is right now...you reign by having "AUTHORITY" to do so Bible2...and Jesus said after His resurrection in Matthew 28:18:
18 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.

As God the Word, Jesus was the Creator of everything in heaven and earth (Colossians 1:16-18, John 1:1,3). And in the first century AD, he became a flesh and bones human being (John 1:14; 2 John 1:7), so that he could die on the Cross for our sins and rise from the dead on the 3rd day (Hebrews 2:16-17; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4), and become our eternally-human high priest/mediator (Hebrews 7:24-26; 1 Timothy 2:5).

After his resurrection into immortality in his fully-human flesh and bones body (Luke 24:39), Jesus the man was given ultimate spiritual authority over heaven and earth (Matthew 28:18). He ascended bodily into heaven (Acts 1:9-10), and is now in heaven ruling spiritually over everything (1 Peter 3:22, Ephesians 1:20-23, Colossians 2:10,15, Philippians 2:9).

But he won't take ultimate, de facto, physical authority over the earth until his 2nd coming, when, still as a flesh and bones human being (Zechariah 13:6, Zechariah 12:10-14), he will descend bodily from heaven (Revelation 19:11-21, Zechariah 14:3-4, Acts 1:11-12) to physically reign on the earth (Psalms 72:8-11, Zechariah 14:9-21) with a rod of iron with the bodily resurrected church for 1,000 years (Revelation 20:4-6, Revelation 5:10, Revelation 2:26-29, Psalms 2, Psalms 66:3-4, Micah 4:1-4, Luke 1:32, Isaiah 9:6-7).

After his 1,000-year reign and subsequent events are over (Revelation 20:7-10, Ezekiel chapters 38-39), Jesus will resurrect and judge everyone who wasn't resurrected at his 2nd coming (Revelation 20:11-15). Everyone who has ever lived will have to bow down before him and admit that he is Lord of everything (Philippians 2:10-11, Acts 10:36).

The "millennium" (1000 years), is a period of time, which is unknown to anyone.

Amillennialism mistakenly claims that the "thousand" in Revelation 20:4-6 can't be literal, but must be only symbolic of fullness/completion, like in Psalms 50:10. But in the Bible, "thousand" can be literal (e.g. Numbers 31:4-6, Numbers 35:4, Judges 20:10; 2 Kings 15:19; 1 Chronicles 19:6, Song of Songs 8:11, Revelation 20:2-7).

It will end when Jesus returns and renders judgment! That is consistent with 1 Corinthians 15:20-28.

1 Corinthians 15:20-23,52-54 means that Jesus was the first person to be resurrected into immortality (Colossians 1:18), and that no one else will be resurrected into immortality until his 2nd coming.

The 3 stages of a harvest are firstfruits, main harvest, and gleaning, which can typify 3 bodily resurrections: 1. the past, firstfruits bodily resurrection of Jesus only (1 Corinthians 15:20,23); 2. the future bodily resurrection of the entire church at his 2nd coming (1 Corinthians 15:23,52; 1 Thessalonians 4:15-16, Revelation 19:7 to 20:6), which will occur immediately after the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24 and right before the millennium (Matthew 24:29-31, Revelation 19:7 to 20:6); and then 3. the bodily resurrection at the great white throne judgment (Revelation 20:11-15), which will occur sometime after the millennium and the subsequent Gog/Magog rebellion are over (Revelation 20:7-15, Ezekiel chapters 38-39).

It will end when Jesus returns and renders judgment! That is consistent with 1 Corinthians 15:20-28.

The "end" in 1 Corinthians 15:24 will be at the end of all of the future, never-fulfilled events of Revelation 19:7 to 20:15.

1 Corinthians 15:23-28 doesn't require that Jesus will deliver the kingdom to God the Father immediately at his 2nd coming, only that he will do that sometime subsequent to his 2nd coming. For right after his 2nd coming, "he must reign" (1 Corinthians 15:25) on the earth with the bodily resurrected church for 1,000 years (Revelation 19:7 to 20:6, Revelation 5:10, Revelation 2:26-29). Then he must defeat the Gog/Magog rebellion (Revelation 20:7-10, Ezekiel chapters 38-39). Then he must bodily resurrect and judge the unsaved of all times, at the great white throne judgment (Revelation 20:11-15). Only then will he have "put all enemies under his feet" (1 Corinthians 15:25), including death itself (1 Corinthians 15:26), which will be cast into the lake of fire at the great white throne judgment (Revelation 20:14). Only after that will Jesus deliver up the kingdom to the Father (1 Corinthians 15:24). Then a new earth (a new surface of the earth) will be created and the Father will descend from heaven to the new earth in the literal city of New Jerusalem, the Father's house (John 14:2), to live with the church on the new earth (Revelation 21:1-4).

1 Corinthians 15:26 refers to when the first death will be cast into the 2nd death, the lake of fire, at the great white throne judgment (Revelation 20:11-15). The resurrection at the great white throne judgment is the resurrection at "the end" (1 Corinthians 15:24), and will include everyone who won't be part of the first resurrection (Revelation 20:5), the bodily resurrection of the church at Jesus' 2nd coming (1 Corinthians 15:21-23, Revelation 19:7 to 20:6; 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17).

4 In that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which is in front of Jerusalem on the east; and the Mount of Olives will be split in its middle from east to west by a very large valley, so that half of the mountain will move toward the north and the other half toward the south.

Zechariah 14 is about Jesus' 2nd coming with all his saints (Zechariah 14:5b; 1 Thessalonians 3:13b), and about the subsequent millennium, when he will reign on the earth from Jerusalem (Zechariah 14:8-21, Micah 4:1-4). Zechariah 14:3 refers to the 2nd-coming battle of Revelation 19:19-21. And Zechariah 14:4 shows that at his 2nd coming, Jesus will physically land on the Mount of Olives, just as at the end of his first coming, he physically ascended from the Mount of Olives. Acts 1:11-12 says that Jesus will return in like manner as he left.

Before Jesus returns, at the very end of the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24 the world's armies will gather together at a staging area at Armageddon (Revelation 16:14,16) (Har Megiddo, Mount Megiddo in northern Israel). They will then move south and pillage Jerusalem right before Jesus returns and defeats them (Zechariah 14:2-5, Revelation 19:19-21). Jesus will then remain on the earth as King (Zechariah 14:9), and the unsaved people "left" alive on the earth (Matthew 24:40) will be forced to come up to Jerusalem and worship him annually (Zechariah 14:16-19). Jesus and the bodily resurrected church will rule the unsaved survivors of the nations with a rod of iron during the millennium (Revelation 2:26-29, Revelation 5:10, Revelation 20:4-6).

Also, Zechariah 12:2-14 refers to the same future time as Zechariah 14.

Zechariah 14:5a isn't referring (as is sometimes claimed) to the fleeing of people in the church into the mountains, the wilderness (as in Matthew 24:15-16 and Revelation 12:6,14), at the midpoint of the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24. Instead, Zechariah 14:5a is referring to only a post-tribulation, 2nd-coming fleeing of surviving unsaved elect Jews in Jerusalem (Zechariah 14:2-5), who will become believers and get saved when they see the returned Jesus in person (Zechariah 12:10-14, Romans 11:25-32).

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

iamlamad said in post 308:

Soon many of you will understand the truth behind "LEFT BEHIND."

Note that nothing in the Bible says or requires that any believer will be left behind at the rapture.

Is such a mistaken idea usually based on Luke 17:26-37 and Matthew 24:37-41? If so, people should realize that those passages refer to what will happen at Jesus' 2nd coming, "when the Son of man is revealed" (Luke 17:30), "the coming of the Son of man" (Matthew 24:37,39), which Jesus had just finished saying won't happen until immediately after the future tribulation (Matthew 24:29-31). Those "taken" at the 2nd coming (Luke 17:34-36, Matthew 24:40-41) will be unsaved people who will be taken to where they will be killed and birds will eat their dead bodies (Luke 17:36-37; Matthew 24:28, cf. Job 39:30b; Revelation 19:21). The Greek word "paralambano" ("taken": Luke 17:34-36, Matthew 24:40-41) can be used to refer to being taken to another place to be killed (John 19:16-18).

Those "left" where they are at the 2nd coming (Luke 17:34-36, Matthew 24:40-41) will include unsaved people who will be forced to come up annually to worship the returned Jesus in Jerusalem during the millennium (Zechariah 14:16-19). These unsaved people will have to be ruled with a rod of iron by Jesus and the bodily resurrected church during the millennium (Revelation 2:26-29, Revelation 5:10, Revelation 20:4-6, Psalms 2, Psalms 66:3, Psalms 72:8-11). And their descendants will be deceived by Satan after the millennium is over into committing the Gog/Magog rebellion (Revelation 20:7-10, Ezekiel chapters 38-39).

Before the millennium, at Jesus' 2nd coming, those in the church will neither be "taken" and killed, nor "left" where they are, but will be "gathered together" (raptured) (Matthew 24:31; 2 Thessalonians 2:1) into the sky to hold a meeting in the air with the returned Jesus (1 Thessalonians 4:17). The purpose of this rapture meeting will be so that those in the church can be judged by Jesus (Psalms 50:3-5, cf. Mark 13:27) and married to Jesus (Revelation 19:7) in the sky, before Jesus descends from the sky (the first heaven) with the obedient part of the church to bring the 2nd-coming wrath on the unsaved world (Revelation 19:14 to 20:3).

So the 2nd coming will be like "the days of Noah" (Matthew 24:37) and "the days of Lot" (Luke 17:28,30) in that just as Noah went into the ark before the Flood, and Lot went out from Sodom before it was destroyed, so the church will be raptured into the sky at the 2nd coming (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17, Matthew 24:30-31; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8, Revelation 19:7) before Jesus begins the 2nd-coming wrath (Revelation 19:15 to 20:3, Luke 17:26-30, Matthew 24:37-39).

iamlamad quoted Davis in post 308:

If you choose for ME, then you may come out with ME, when I come to get MY bride—MY true church.

The 10-virgins parable (Matthew 25:1-13) shows that the marriage of the church to Jesus won't occur until his 2nd coming (Matthew 25:10), which Jesus had just finished saying won't occur until "immediately after the tribulation" (Matthew 24:29-31), just like Revelation 19:7 shows that the marriage won't occur until after the (never fulfilled) tribulation, shown in Revelation chapters 6 to 18. The parable's extra oil (Matthew 25:4,9b) could represent the continued good works of believers, by which they will be able to pass the judgment of the church by Jesus (Matthew 25:19-30, Romans 2:6-8) and enter the marriage of the church to Jesus at his 2nd coming (Matthew 25:10, Revelation 19:7-21).

The marriage supper (Revelation 19:9) won't have yet begun by the time of Revelation 19, which won't begin until after the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24 (cf. Matthew 24:29-31; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8). For regarding the church, the marriage supper will be a literal feast in the earthly Jerusalem after the resurrection and marriage of the church at Jesus' 2nd coming (Isaiah 25:6-9; 1 Corinthians 15:54, Revelation 19:7 to 20:6; 1 Thessalonians 4:15-16; 1 Corinthians 15:21-23,51-54). While the church will enjoy a feast "of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined" (Isaiah 25:6), the birds will feast on the corpses of the world's armies defeated at Jesus' 2nd coming (Revelation 19:17-21).

Also, regarding the 10-virgins parable, in Matthew 25:6 "midnight" could represent mid-tribulation, when the abomination of desolation (possibly a standing, android image of the Antichrist) could be set up in the holy place (the inner sanctum) of a 3rd Jewish temple in Jerusalem (Matthew 24:15, Daniel 11:31). So when it says "at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh" (Matthew 25:6), this could mean that at the mid-tribulation point when the abomination of desolation is set up, the church will be given the knowledge of the date (as in the year, month, and day) of Jesus' 2nd coming. This date could be the 1,335th day after the abomination of desolation is set up (Daniel 12:11-12, cf. Revelation 16:15).

iamlamad quoted Davis in post 308:

This is who I will be coming back to get—to receive unto MYSELF—to pull to safety.

Note that there's no pre-tribulation idea in John 14:3, just as there's no "take you back" (somewhere). Instead, there's only a coming again of Jesus (i.e. his 2nd coming), and then a receiving of the church unto himself. Also, the pre-tribulation rapture view can't claim the rapture is referred to only by Paul, and then admit John 14:3 refers to the rapture.

John 14:2 means one of the reasons Jesus left was to prepare a place for the church in the literal city of New Jerusalem, God the Father's house in heaven (Revelation 21:2-3). John 14:3 means Jesus' leaving to prepare a place for the church means he's not done with the church, but will come back to it. John 14:3 means the church will be received to Jesus where he will be first at his 2nd coming, which will be in the sky (1 Thessalonians 4:17) before he lands on the earth at his 2nd coming (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8, Matthew 24:30-31, Zechariah 14:3-21), which won't occur until immediately after the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24 (Matthew 24:29-31; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8, Revelation 19:7 to 20:6).

The church will live in its place in New Jerusalem (Revelation 21:24 to 22:5) on the new earth (Revelation 21:1-3) sometime after the millennium and subsequent events are over (Revelation 20:7-15). For during the millennium the bodily resurrected church will be ruling on the present earth with the returned Jesus (Revelation 20:4-6, Revelation 5:10, Revelation 2:26-29, Zechariah 14:3-21).

Also, the church has already come to God the Father's house, New Jerusalem, which is currently in heaven, in the spiritual sense of coming under the New Covenant (Hebrews 12:22-24, Galatians 4:24-26, Matthew 26:28). Also, the souls of obedient people in the church go to God the Father's house when they die, for their souls go into heaven to be with Jesus when they die (Philippians 1:21,23; 2 Corinthians 5:8). And they go into paradise (Luke 23:43), which is in heaven (2 Corinthians 12:2b,4), in the city of New Jerusalem (Revelation 2:7 and Revelation 22:2).

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
There are at least 8 scriptural reasons to read the 1,000 years of Revelation 20:2-6 as not beginning until after Jesus' (never fulfilled) 2nd coming in Revelation 19:7-21.

First, this is in accord with how the rest of Revelation chapters 6 to 22 are in chronological order, insofar as the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 will begin with the events of the 2nd through 6th seals, occurring in the order shown in Revelation 6:3-14. After the events of the 6th seal, Revelation 7 will occur. Then the 7th seal will be unsealed and out of it will come the tribulation's 7 trumpets (Revelation 8:1-6). Then the events of the first 6 trumpets in Revelation 8:7 to Revelation 9:21 will occur in the order shown there. Then Revelation 10 will occur. Then the literal 3.5 years of the Antichrist's worldwide reign will occur, which time period is shown from 4 different angles in Revelation chapters 11 to 14 (Revelation 11:2b-3, Revelation 12:6,14, Revelation 13:5,7, Revelation 14:9-13).

Then the 7th trumpet will sound, announcing the legal end of the Antichrist's reign (Revelation 11:15). Out of the 7th trumpet's heavenly-temple opening will come the 7 plagues of the 7 vials (Revelation 11:19, Revelation 15:5 to 16:1), the tribulation's final stage. Then the events of the 7 vials will occur in the order shown in Revelation 16. Jesus will return right after the 7th vial (Revelation 16:17,19, Revelation 19:2-21), and he will marry the church at that time (Revelation 19:7). Then he will defeat the world's armies (Revelation 19:11 to 20:3) and reign on the earth with the bodily resurrected or changed church for 1,000 years (Revelation 20:4-6, Revelation 5:10, Revelation 2:26-29; 1 Corinthians 15:51-53). Then the events of Revelation 20:7 to Revelation 22:5 will occur in the order shown there....
Those your "pat answers" but it has NO substance Bible2. You don't deal with the references to a perfect thousand when referenced to God. So your "eight scriptural reasons" are not reasons.

Again you try to assert chronology to Revelation when you CANNOT. I've shown you before how Revelation is repetitive more than chronological. However you choose not to deal with that. So be it.

As God the Word, Jesus was the Creator of everything in heaven and earth (Colossians 1:16-18, John 1:1,3). And in the first century AD, he became a flesh and bones human being (John 1:14; 2 John 1:7), so that he could die on the Cross for our sins and rise from the dead on the 3rd day (Hebrews 2:16-17; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4), and become our eternally-human high priest/mediator (Hebrews 7:24-26; 1 Timothy 2:5).

After his resurrection into immortality in his fully-human flesh and bones body (Luke 24:39), Jesus the man was given ultimate spiritual authority over heaven and earth (Matthew 28:18). He ascended bodily into heaven (Acts 1:9-10), and is now in heaven ruling spiritually over everything (1 Peter 3:22, Ephesians 1:20-23, Colossians 2:10,15, Philippians 2:9).

But he won't take ultimate, de facto, physical authority over the earth until his 2nd coming, when, still as a flesh and bones human being (Zechariah 13:6, Zechariah 12:10-14), he will descend bodily from heaven (Revelation 19:11-21, Zechariah 14:3-4, Acts 1:11-12) to physically reign on the earth (Psalms 72:8-11, Zechariah 14:9-21) with a rod of iron with the bodily resurrected church for 1,000 years (Revelation 20:4-6, Revelation 5:10, Revelation 2:26-29, Psalms 2, Psalms 66:3-4, Micah 4:1-4, Luke 1:32, Isaiah 9:6-7).

After his 1,000-year reign and subsequent events are over (Revelation 20:7-10, Ezekiel chapters 38-39), Jesus will resurrect and judge everyone who wasn't resurrected at his 2nd coming (Revelation 20:11-15). Everyone who has ever lived will have to bow down before him and admit that he is Lord of everything (Philippians 2:10-11, Acts 10:36).

Amillennialism mistakenly claims that the "thousand" in Revelation 20:4-6 can't be literal, but must be only symbolic of fullness/completion, like in Psalms 50:10. But in the Bible, "thousand" can be literal (e.g. Numbers 31:4-6, Numbers 35:4, Judges 20:10; 2 Kings 15:19; 1 Chronicles 19:6, Song of Songs 8:11, Revelation 20:2-7).

1 Corinthians 15:20-23,52-54 means that Jesus was the first person to be resurrected into immortality (Colossians 1:18), and that no one else will be resurrected into immortality until his 2nd coming.

The 3 stages of a harvest are firstfruits, main harvest, and gleaning, which can typify 3 bodily resurrections: 1. the past, firstfruits bodily resurrection of Jesus only (1 Corinthians 15:20,23); 2. the future bodily resurrection of the entire church at his 2nd coming (1 Corinthians 15:23,52; 1 Thessalonians 4:15-16, Revelation 19:7 to 20:6), which will occur immediately after the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24 and right before the millennium (Matthew 24:29-31, Revelation 19:7 to 20:6); and then 3. the bodily resurrection at the great white throne judgment (Revelation 20:11-15), which will occur sometime after the millennium and the subsequent Gog/Magog rebellion are over (Revelation 20:7-15, Ezekiel chapters 38-39).

The "end" in 1 Corinthians 15:24 will be at the end of all of the future, never-fulfilled events of Revelation 19:7 to 20:15.

1 Corinthians 15:23-28 doesn't require that Jesus will deliver the kingdom to God the Father immediately at his 2nd coming, only that he will do that sometime subsequent to his 2nd coming. For right after his 2nd coming, "he must reign" (1 Corinthians 15:25) on the earth with the bodily resurrected church for 1,000 years (Revelation 19:7 to 20:6, Revelation 5:10, Revelation 2:26-29). Then he must defeat the Gog/Magog rebellion (Revelation 20:7-10, Ezekiel chapters 38-39). Then he must bodily resurrect and judge the unsaved of all times, at the great white throne judgment (Revelation 20:11-15). Only then will he have "put all enemies under his feet" (1 Corinthians 15:25), including death itself (1 Corinthians 15:26), which will be cast into the lake of fire at the great white throne judgment (Revelation 20:14). Only after that will Jesus deliver up the kingdom to the Father (1 Corinthians 15:24). Then a new earth (a new surface of the earth) will be created and the Father will descend from heaven to the new earth in the literal city of New Jerusalem, the Father's house (John 14:2), to live with the church on the new earth (Revelation 21:1-4).

1 Corinthians 15:26 refers to when the first death will be cast into the 2nd death, the lake of fire, at the great white throne judgment (Revelation 20:11-15). The resurrection at the great white throne judgment is the resurrection at "the end" (1 Corinthians 15:24), and will include everyone who won't be part of the first resurrection (Revelation 20:5), the bodily resurrection of the church at Jesus' 2nd coming (1 Corinthians 15:21-23, Revelation 19:7 to 20:6; 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17).

Zechariah 14 is about Jesus' 2nd coming with all his saints (Zechariah 14:5b; 1 Thessalonians 3:13b), and about the subsequent millennium, when he will reign on the earth from Jerusalem (Zechariah 14:8-21, Micah 4:1-4). Zechariah 14:3 refers to the 2nd-coming battle of Revelation 19:19-21. And Zechariah 14:4 shows that at his 2nd coming, Jesus will physically land on the Mount of Olives, just as at the end of his first coming, he physically ascended from the Mount of Olives. Acts 1:11-12 says that Jesus will return in like manner as he left.

Before Jesus returns, at the very end of the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24 the world's armies will gather together at a staging area at Armageddon (Revelation 16:14,16) (Har Megiddo, Mount Megiddo in northern Israel). They will then move south and pillage Jerusalem right before Jesus returns and defeats them (Zechariah 14:2-5, Revelation 19:19-21). Jesus will then remain on the earth as King (Zechariah 14:9), and the unsaved people "left" alive on the earth (Matthew 24:40) will be forced to come up to Jerusalem and worship him annually (Zechariah 14:16-19). Jesus and the bodily resurrected church will rule the unsaved survivors of the nations with a rod of iron during the millennium (Revelation 2:26-29, Revelation 5:10, Revelation 20:4-6).

Also, Zechariah 12:2-14 refers to the same future time as Zechariah 14.

Zechariah 14:5a isn't referring (as is sometimes claimed) to the fleeing of people in the church into the mountains, the wilderness (as in Matthew 24:15-16 and Revelation 12:6,14), at the midpoint of the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24. Instead, Zechariah 14:5a is referring to only a post-tribulation, 2nd-coming fleeing of surviving unsaved elect Jews in Jerusalem (Zechariah 14:2-5), who will become believers and get saved when they see the returned Jesus in person (Zechariah 12:10-14, Romans 11:25-32).

Again your "pat answer" Bible2...and that's ok too. It shows you simply want to type your answers and "move on"...so do that. Save the time because we've done this before. Now...in my response to you this is what I said:
There is NO future millennium Bible2! Though I know there are those looking for that, the fact is when you read scripture as intended you realize the millennium began when God Raised Jesus from the dead as Paul makes very clear in Ephesians 1:20:
20 which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places,
21 far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named,...
(please notice this last portion)...not only in this age but also in the one to come.

Do you notice the consistency of Jesus and Paul Bible2? They both say the same thing when it comes to Christ authority and when He received it from the Father. The "millennium" (1000 years), is a period of time, which is unknown to anyone. It will end when Jesus returns and renders judgment! That is consistent with 1 Corinthians 15:20-28.

Really? I think Jesus gave the right answer when He spoke to Pilate. He said "My kingdom is NOT of this world".

Your Zechariah and Acts passages are what you take out of context Bible2...you left out Acts 3:23, which says;
23 And it will be that every soul that does not heed that prophet shall be utterly destroyed from among the people.’

Now when will that happen? It will happen in the judgment when Christ returns.

Now you can say amillennialism is mistaken but that doesn't prove the point.

God uses "perfect thousands" prophetically as well as poetically. If you want to ignore it you can...and that will be all you're doing. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

IMO what all brothers and sisters in the Lord Jesus Christ should be doing is sharpening their sword of the Spirit and adjusting their armour as we see that Day approaching.. the reason we should meet all the more frequently.

There could be some serious bumps on the road ahead and let's be suspect of anything which is not completely grounded in the truth of the holy scriptures, which are able to make us wise unto salvation and help us stand against the wiles of the devil and the rulers of this dark world..

Who right NOW are doing all they can to destroy the faith once delivered to the saints, which we stand upon.. even though they may appear to be great messengers of light..

Upvote 0