Awake
Oct 22, 2007
Fort Wayne
✟10,022.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
I've always enjoyed the LogosRhema Holy Inspired Scriptured... which with my golden rod of justice I found hidden in the Caverns of Time and I know without a doubt they are the ONLY correct version in History.

Sarcasm intended. Should I put my last post on here?

I love the blind comments about which one is true. If you do any studying of the Bible and do a scripture by scripture correlation between all the version with a Greek translation word by word, they all have flaws. Likes Humans, we are flawed, but God still works through us excellently. Which version you read does not matter, God will work through any you have or maybe just the one you read.

I still suggest my Scripture.

Reactions: JacobHall86
Upvote 0

Epiphoskei

Senior Veteran
Jul 7, 2007
✟25,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
What drivel! Anybody with sense knows that the only inspired translation of the bible is the 1599 Geneva Bible. The so-called King James version is a Church of England revision of God's word.^_^

No, no, the Tyndale Bible! ;)

Reactions: Nilloc
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Oklahoman

Contending for the Faith
Aug 28, 2008
✟8,097.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I do want to say that I use the KJV not out of tradition but out of conviction. I believe it, through study, to be accurate and authoritative. I also appreciate its richness in regards to the English language. This is of course is not a strong point, but an important one to me. It helps me be able to memorize it so that it is available to me when I need it most. Having said this... I cannot accept the position of those who take the stand that it is inspired. My friends, it is preserved but not inspired, and there is a big difference!!

Reactions: SteveR2021
Upvote 0

trentlogain

Apr 25, 2007
✟15,422.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do want to say that I use the KJV not out of tradition but out of conviction. I believe it, through study, to be accurate and authoritative. I also appreciate its richness in regards to the English language. This is of course is not a strong point, but an important one to me. It helps me be able to memorize it so that it is available to me when I need it most. Having said this... I cannot accept the position of those who take the stand that it is inspired. My friends, it is preserved but not inspired, and there is a big difference!!
What do you mean preserved but not inspired. If it's God's word it's God's word.

II Timothy 3:16 - All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Upvote 0

Oklahoman

Contending for the Faith
Aug 28, 2008
✟8,097.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Here is the problem that some of my KJVO friends have - they misunderstand what is inspired and what is preserved. The original manuscripts were what was inspired (God-breathed), not the KJV - it was preserved (Please note: we are not talking about just God's Word as you expressed, but rather the KJV). I believe that the King James translation is the preserved Word of God, but I do not believe that it should be used for translation purposes for other languages. One gets into huge problems when they do this. Sorry for the quick answer... I have got to get some sleep. Signing off.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Oklahoman

Contending for the Faith
Aug 28, 2008
✟8,097.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Warning: Getting off topic for a moment...

Okay folks, I have got to say this because I have seen this repeatedly on this thread... I am sorry if you think that I am playing Christian cop, but I just have to address this...

I keep seeing this phrase posted and reposted: "Oh my God, who resurrected this thread?"

I have a real problem with someone saying, "Oh my God!" when the person is using this as an exclamation and not a prayer of petition. To use God's name in this manner is called vain - and God doesn't take it lightly - Ex 20:7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

Some will be offended by this, but I just don't see how, especially when the Word of God (in whatever translation) is so clear on this issue. Please take this as loving exhortation, for it is not meant to be condemnation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PrincetonGuy

Veteran
Feb 19, 2005
U.S.A.
✟121,015.00
Faith
Baptist

Okay folks, I have got to say this because I have seen this repeatedly on this thread... I am sorry if you think that I am playing Christian cop, but I just have to address this...

I keep seeing this phrase posted and reposted: "Oh my God, who resurrected this thread?"

I have a real problem with someone saying, "Oh my God!" when the person is using this is as an exclamation and not a prayer of petition. To use God's name in this manner is called vain - and God doesn't take it lightly - Ex 20:7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

Some will be offended by this, but I just don't see how, especially when the Word of God (in whatever translation) is so clear on this issue. Please take this as loving exhortation, for it is not meant to be condemnation.

Amen! I cannot begin to express in words how offensive those quoted words (Oh my ___) were to me, but if I write anything further about them, I will be in trouble.

Upvote 0

trinityisunity

Has lost 14 kilos (31 pounds) in 14 weeks!!!
Apr 16, 2006
In a house
✟1,291.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

I have a real problem with someone saying, "Oh my God!" when the person is using this as an exclamation and not a prayer of petition. To use God's name in this manner is called vain - and God doesn't take it lightly - Ex 20:7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

Wow!!! That's news to me! I thought saying, 'Oh my God/god' (lower case g because some people's god is not the Heavenly Father we call God), was not taking the Lord's name in vain.:o

I have always thought that saying the Lord's name as a swear word or cursing the Lord's name was. Like when someone hits their thumb with a hammer and curses the Lord.

I am absolutely positive that the poster of, 'Oh my God', did not mean it in a cursing or disrespectful way, as most around here would know this person is a solid Christian with a strong faith and with a view of living in a holy manner-as we all do!

The reason I quoted him was that I could not believe this KJV post has been dragged up again. It has been so thrashed out here there is nothing more to add to it.:)

Upvote 0

Oklahoman

Contending for the Faith
Aug 28, 2008
✟8,097.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Trinityisunity,

I will not take over this thread by making this the issue, but here is one quick, practical question. When a person says, "Oh MY_____" doesn't that denote alliance? In other words, the person is referring to their deity, right? So, should a Christian do this? Please note, I am not attacking the character or devotion of the Christian who posted this or the ones that reposted it. I am only giving Christian exhortation to fellow Christians.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.