Dec 28, 2006
Mesa, Arizona.
✟19,389.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
The Keep ((OOC))

Something that should never have been awakened is, and the horror from centuries ago is unleashed to take the life from living souls again...

"Something is murdering my men."

In Warsaw, Poland, April 1941, a message was received from a Nazi commander stationed in a remote castle high in the Transylvanian alps. Immediately and elite SS extermination squad is sent to destroy any enemy that dares challenge the might of the Third Reich.

And the battle begins. A battle between man and something more terrifying than anything ever imagined.

~~~~

Based loosely on the novel by F Paul Wilson, this is an rpg of suspense and survival, and a battle against a living nightmare. The Keep is set in Romania, in the year 1941, during World War II. A squad of Nazis holding an abandoned castle known by the soldiers as "the Keep" accidentally awaken what should have been destroyed long ago.

The players will play as Germans in the castle, or as one of the travelers visiting the area of the Keep, preferably Jews. This is before the time when death camps were common knowledge.

The Rules
The rules have been divided into sections, for ease of reference during play.

(1) How to Join
(1.1) Please do not join this RPG is you are not serious about it. You must be able to put some time in to keep the game going - you could call it a commitment. To me, it's more of an addiction, but that's not important now...
(1.2) DO NOT POST INTO THE ACTUAL THREAD YET! Post all out of game stuff in here...in the OOC, including your character. The actual thread, btw, will go up when we have a good number of players.

(1.3) Before creating your character, run the concept here, to see if it will be appropriate :)

(2) RPG Rules
(2.1) No controlling other characters including NPCs. You may only have one character.
(2.2) Third person posting . . . italic thoughts . . . "dialogue in quotations"
(2.3) NEVER take it upon yourself to kill or effect any target that is not under your direct control. You may not assess damage, death, or even whether the attack or otherwise hit its mark or not. This applies even to inanimate objects. INSTEAD: post in a manner of simply attacking or starting the effect, but leave out the effects of the attack or otherwise. Leave that for the player that owns the character, or for me if the character is an NPC or an inanimate object.

(3) Other
(3.1) Technology -- The Keep is based on WWII technology, mainly around the Germans and the Jews.
(3.3) Genre -- WWII, 1941
(3.4) Romance -- Romance is encouraged, but keep it clean.
(3.5) Violence -- Violence and gore do not really have any limits, as long as it is with the story.

Enjoy!
And one little reminder to those at home...you may wish to play with the lights on. I am not to be held accountable for wet pants :p

Once again, your neighborhood friendly
rolemaster :wave:

Last edited by a moderator:

Sylvengard

The Bard of Many Tales
Dec 28, 2006
Mesa, Arizona.
✟19,389.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Mabinogi said:
lol thanks..

and I think I will join, any requirements on character lists? (name, age, history, appearance, etc. etc.?)

Umm I would perfer a character who has reason to be near the keep...either a Jew (since it's Romania, or a German soldier). Age, history, and appearance are up to you. Uh name...maybe something appropriate to the character? Other than that I can't think of anything.

WhiteLily said:
Hmmm.... veeeery interesting.... I shall marinate on this.

:ebil:

Upvote 0

WhiteLily

Angel of Music
Apr 14, 2004
Ahh...umm... wait, where am I?
✟13,568.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Name: Mayanna Devinsky
Apperance:
GERL200.jpg

Jewish girl

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Marvel_Kid

Veteran
Mar 14, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
✟1,536.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Alright I have a general idea and I'd like to run it by you, could I play a german who's on the run because he doesn't want to be one of the Nazi's? It doesn't have to be because the're "evil" but maybe because he's a coward, I don't know, but could I do something like that?

Upvote 0
M

Mabinogi

Name: Zakiya Ury
Appearance: She has dark, curly brown hair that reaches just past the shoulders, and dark brown, almost black, eyes. She's about medium-shorter height.
History: Zakiya was born in [SIZE=-1]Gdańsk, Poland on February 6, 1921. Her father and mother, both strict Jews, raised her and her four siblings in close seclusion until she reached 17 and nearly two weeks. Zakiya left her family with little money and fewer belongings, determined that she wasn't going to be tied down any longer in her small community. However, for almost three years Zakiya roams Poland, begging for money or help, none of which happen to fall her way. Desperate for help she goes to Romania, and then she finds an abandoned castle that seems to be taken over by Nazi soldiers. For weeks she bides her time, and then one day she decides to try and find help and refuge there.

Link: http://christianforums.com/t6631176-zakiya-ury.html#post41893995
[/SIZE]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sylvengard

The Bard of Many Tales
Dec 28, 2006
Mesa, Arizona.
✟19,389.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
WhiteLily said:
Awesome. I'm still trying to think of a history for her.

Alright :)

Alright I have a general idea and I'd like to run it by you, could I play a german who's on the run because he doesn't want to be one of the Nazi's? It doesn't have to be because the're "evil" but maybe because he's a coward, I don't know, but could I do something like that?

Will do. Actually, most of the Germans except the most high in rank dilike the Nazis and go only because they must.

Name: Zakiya Ury
Appearance: She has dark, curly brown hair that reaches just past the shoulders, and dark brown, almost black, eyes. She's about medium-shorter height.
History: Zakiya was born in [SIZE=-1]Gdańsk, Poland on February 6, 1921. Her father and mother, both strict Jews, raised her and her four siblings in close seclusion until she reached 17 and nearly two weeks. Zakiya left her family with little money and fewer belongings, determined that she wasn't going to be tied down any longer in her small community. However, for almost three years Zakiya roams Poland, begging for money or help, none of which happen to fall her way. Desperate for help she goes to Romania, and then she finds an abandoned castle that seems to be taken over by Nazi soldiers. For weeks she bides her time, and then one day she decides to try and find help and refuge there.[/SIZE]

Looks great! :) Just one thing...could you please put it in the Character Forum and get a link in here?

Upvote 0