✟263,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1 Corinthians 11:31 (NASB20)
But if we judged ourselves rightly, we would not be judged.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How can one judge oneself rightly if regardless of how much one knows of one’s sinfulness, there is a deeper degree of sinfulness still to be exposed…?

There is but one way and that way is to judge oneself unto death, for death ends all of one’s sinfulness, known and unknown, all is put to death when one reckons oneself dead….. For this is the proper judgement of one in Christ, for one has died and one’s life is hid with Christ in God… For this and this alone is the proper judgement that frees one from all things….

It is this faith being maintained that frees one from all things which includes all judgement…. For this is the freedom that is in Christ, freedom from all things if one would but reach out and grab onto it by faith….For the heart knows its own misery, just the same the heart knows its own joy, the joy and the misery being decided by how one judges oneself…. If one judges oneself dead in Christ that one’s faith will produce joy, if one judges oneself by anything other, it produces a trying to make oneself good enough which keeps one in a state of misery….

So in how one judge’s oneself, is one’s faith or lack of faith made manifest…

Be blessed in the judgement that frees….

A fellow follower, Not me

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The living soul judges all things so its worth is judged by God and men. The dead do not judge, yet because they live they judge all things.
Be blessed in the judgement that frees….

Not me

Upvote 0

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How do you reckon it dead? What tools has Jesus given us?
Scripture says ‘knowing our old man was crucified’ it is in the knowing that faith grows…

Be blessed in that growing, Not me

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reckoning, we have to do something. IMO we have have to fight it on every lust, work of flesh, worldly thought. We can take thoughts captive, we can deny it and crucify it. We can be aware of temptation and go the other way, turn to God in the scriptures, pray for strength. Resist the devil and he will flee. Rebuke him in the name of the lord Jesus. Self talk to convince ourselves of the right way. Overcome the world because Jesus did. Have a relationship with Him so we care about His will more than ours. Read and pray every day and everything will be ok. And more.

We are not left defenseless. We have tools and access to His holiness. If he is always before us we will have a better chance to live holy lives. And if we fail we can repent and try again. God is holding us up, man. But as you say we are dust. But we can go a whole lot farther to be obedient, each of us.

Upvote 0

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Reckoning, we have to do something. IMO we have have to fight it on every lust, work of flesh, worldly thought. We can take thoughts captive, we can deny it and crucify it. We can be aware of temptation and go the other way, turn to God in the scriptures, pray for strength. Resist the devil and he will flee. Rebuke him in the name of the lord Jesus. Self talk to convince ourselves of the right way. Overcome the world because Jesus did. Have a relationship with Him so we care about His will more than ours. Read and pray every day and everything will be ok. And more.

We are not left defenseless. We have tools and access to His holiness. If he is always before us we will have a better chance to live holy lives. And if we fail we can repent and try again. God is holding us up, man. But as you say we are dust. But we can go a whole lot farther to be obedient, each of us.
May God bless you with the proper fruit of your efforts…..

Blessings, Not me

Upvote 0