South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
We all use the internet and using it right now as I am typing. Ironically, I realize that I tend to waste too much time online. Is there a verse or are there verses in the Bible which talk about wasting one's time and almost being too obsessed about social media? I have noticed this and I have decided to limit my time on the internet. I have spent all day online, or at least , it has been like this for months now. I stayed online at night to the point where I fall asleep at the computer. What Christian advice would you have for those in my situation outside of just get off of the computer, especially social media?

• Prayers
Reactions: Loyce KG

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,130.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We all use the internet and using it right now as I am typing. Ironically, I realize that I tend to waste too much time online. Is there a verse or are there verses in the Bible which talk about wasting one's time and almost being too obsessed about social media? I have noticed this and I have decided to limit my time on the internet. I have spent all day online, or at least , it has been like this for months now. I stayed online at night to the point where I fall asleep at the computer. What Christian advice would you have for those in my situation outside of just get off of the computer, especially social media?

Anything from this world is a good servant but a bad master.

• Informative
Reactions: Lik3
Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed

Sometimes physical hunger for lack of food in the cupboard is good for a person. The Bible has a LOT to say about the use of time. Most of it can't be used to make a person wasting time online feel good about their activities.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Loyce KG

Everyone MUST hear the gospel of Christ!
Nov 19, 2018
Kampala
✟44,026.00
Country
Uganda
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Denzel: Your Phone Is Changing You

• Informative
Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is there a verse or are there verses in the Bible which talk about wasting one's time

Bible verses about wasting time:

21 Helpful Bible Verses About Wasting Time

one thing for me am not on FB, instagram, etc
cut back on what you're signed up for to just one or two
set timer for online time & when timer goes off, that's it

• Agree
Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0