California
✟259,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It has to be a manifestation of Christ in our lives or it’s a manifestation of self. And since it is impossible for us to manifest Christ on our own, this manifestation must be done by faith. We must as we go through our day consciously and constantly be reckoning ourselves dead unto sin and alive unto God..This is the only way to live in a constant state of repentance, a constant state of turning from self to God..A constant state of inviting Him to live His life in and through us...For only God can manifest God so if it is to happen it must come through faith..The faith of the heart constantly turned towards Him and consciously and constantly inviting Him to live His life in and through us....

Be blessed in the inviting, Not me

Last edited:

John Helpher

John 3:16
Supporter
Mar 25, 2020
Houston
✟85,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟36,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
It has to be a manifestation of Christ in our lives or it’s a manifestation of self. And since it is impossible for us to manifest Christ on our own, this manifestation must be done by faith. We must as we go through our day consciously and constantly be reckoning ourselves dead unto sin and alive unto God..This is the only way to live in a constant state of repentance, a constant state of turning from self to God..A constant state of inviting Him to live His life in and through us...For only God can manifest God so if it is to happen it must come through faith..The faith of the heart constantly turned towards Him and consciously and constantly inviting Him to live His life in and through us....

Acts 11:23. Who, when he came, and had seen the grace of God, was glad, and exhorted them all, that with purpose of heart they would cleave unto the Lord.

What is meant by this expression "purpose of heart"? This word translated purpose is also used in the New Testament for the show-bread that was laid out before the Lord in the Temple Sanctuary.

Blameless in His Sight.
Hebrews 4:13. Thus are hearts must be laid open before Him; And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I like it, but Abraham didn't constantly turn towards Him. Abram was counted righteous because He believe that it was the Lord talking to Him (Gen 15), but constantly turning towards God was not exactly what Abraham did, or why to we see an Ishmael?

We need to turn to the Lord and more than we do, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be honest with ourselves! Believing like Abraham doesn't mean we constantly turn to Him. It does mean that I regularly turn back to Him.

If I believe He is there for me and I can hear from Him I am going to regularly turn back to Him, but constantly? That is the goal. Jesus explained that He does and says only what the Father tells Him, that is why He is the Word of God. Never-the-less, we are not Him. We are not the Word of God, Jesus Christ is!

Even the angels in heaven who faithfully serve the Lord are not the Word of God. They don't constantly turn to the Lord for every word they say. We are going to be like the angels in heaven and we should pray that His will be done on earth as it is in heaven. So we faithfully need to believe He is always with us, and faithfully try to serve Him, but constantly?

Well, as for me I seek the Lord and hear from Him throughout the day. I even try to take thoughts captive to Him to hear what He has to say about them. Yet perfection as in constantly turning to Him and doing everything He says is not what I do. I can be honest about that. So like Paul I can say that I press on, but don't count myself as having achieved it.

Still - I like the concept. Let's press on towards it :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Not me
Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟259,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I like it, but Abraham didn't constantly turn towards Him. Abram was counted righteous because He believe that it was the Lord talking to Him (Gen 15), but constantly turning towards God was not exactly what Abraham did, or why to we see an Ishmael?

We need to turn to the Lord and more than we do, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be honest with ourselves! Believing like Abraham doesn't mean we constantly turn to Him. It does mean that I regularly turn back to Him.

If I believe He is there for me and I can hear from Him I am going to regularly turn back to Him, but constantly? That is the goal. Jesus explained that He does and says only what the Father tells Him, that is why He is the Word of God. Never-the-less, we are not Him. We are not the Word of God, Jesus Christ is!

Even the angels in heaven who faithfully serve the Lord are not the Word of God. They don't constantly turn to the Lord for every word they say. We are going to be like the angels in heaven and we should pray that His will be done on earth as it is in heaven. So we faithfully need to believe He is always with us, and faithfully try to serve Him, but constantly?

Well, as for me I seek the Lord and hear from Him throughout the day. I even try to take thoughts captive to Him to hear what He has to say about them. Yet perfection as in constantly turning to Him and doing everything He says is not what I do. I can be honest about that. So like Paul I can say that I press on, but don't count myself as having achieved it.

Still - I like the concept. Let's press on towards it :)

Be blessed as you are true to the Christ in you...

A fellow believer, Not me

Reactions: K2K
Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟259,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hebrews 11:6

"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him."

Such a great scripture, may our hearts embrace the truth of it..

Be blessed as we seek Him, Not me

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews 11:6

"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him."
Great verse! I think it's basically futile to argue with someone about the existence of God...

(Good to see you again! how are you and dh?)

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟36,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Why do people always jump on Ismael to discredit Abraham. I have heard so many times that "Abraham tried to fulfill God's promise on his own'. Not so, the narrative is that Sarah asked for a child to raise, and asked Abraham to give her a child by her servant Hagar. What she gave him was much trouble. Abraham was faithful to Sarah until her passing, then took a new wife and raised up a new family. (Genesis 25).
No prophet, no Psalm has ever condemned Abraham "do not be like Abraham who tried to fulfill God's promises on his own." That is a false narrative. No, God called him his friend.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Great verse! I think it's basically futile to argue with someone about the existence of God...

It is! And it doesn't bring any good fruits, only makes it worse.

It is only by the power of God through the Holy Spirit that they can understand what is written in the bible as well as the meaning of the gospel.

"But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them,because they are spiritually discerned."(1 Corinthians 2:14)

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.

For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them.

For since the creation of the world His invisible attributesare clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,"

(Romans 1:16-20)

This is the example given to us in how we should be doing it, which takes also much patience...

"But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife.

And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth,"

(2 Timothy 2:23-25)

being also reminded of that we are not the ones convincing people in our own strenght and words, we do try to reach them, but we can't make them see the truth, nor make it clear for them. Only the Lord can make them see and understand with clearness about the true meaning of His gospel and how we look like before Him whilst being still unsaved.

"Remind them of these things, charging them before the Lord not to strive about words to no profit, to the ruin of the hearers.

Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

But shun profane and idle babblings, for they will increase to more ungodliness."

(2 Timothy 2:14-16)

It also reminded me of this what I said above there.

"I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase. So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase."(1 Corinthians 3:6-7)

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why do people always jump on Ismael to discredit Abraham. I have heard so many times that "Abraham tried to fulfill God's promise on his own'. Not so, the narrative is that Sarah asked for a child to raise, and asked Abraham to give her a child by her servant Hagar. What she gave him was much trouble. Abraham was faithful to Sarah until her passing, then took a new wife and raised up a new family. (Genesis 25).
No prophet, no Psalm has ever condemned Abraham "do not be like Abraham who tried to fulfill God's promises on his own." That is a false narrative. No, God called him his friend.

Yeah - and Adam was faithful to Eve like Abraham was faithful to Sarah, but we are to be faithful to the Lord even though we are like Adam. It is how we are. I am not discrediting Abraham like you think I am discrediting us!! Men - the offspring of Adam - are like that.

Abraham was used as an example of the best of men not the worse of men. How did you miss that. If I am going to be the offspring of Abraham I should be like him, but even He choose to be faithful to his wife instead of his God, at times. The point in the post was that we, even the best of us, are not constantly turning to God. If we did you could not have fail to understand what I was saying, and that is was not about Abraham but about us. God certainly knew and understood, but we (and that we includes me but all men) fail to understand things at times and that shows we don't constantly turn to the Lord. It is a good thing that God made it simply about believing He is their and speaks to us (Gen 15) and that is counted as righteousness to us so we don't actually have to get everything right.

Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is! And it doesn't bring any good fruits, only makes it worse.

It is only by the power of God through the Holy Spirit that they can understand what is written in the bible as well as the meaning of the gospel.

"But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them,because they are spiritually discerned."(1 Corinthians 2:14)

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.

For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them.

For since the creation of the world His invisible attributesare clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,"

(Romans 1:16-20)

This is the example given to us in how we should be doing it, which takes also much patience...

"But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife.

And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth,"

(2 Timothy 2:23-25)

being also reminded of that we are not the ones convincing people in our own strenght and words, we do try to reach them, but we can't make them see the truth, nor make it clear for them. Only the Lord can make them see and understand with clearness about the true meaning of His gospel and how we look like before Him whilst being still unsaved.

"Remind them of these things, charging them before the Lord not to strive about words to no profit, to the ruin of the hearers.

Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

But shun profane and idle babblings, for they will increase to more ungodliness."

(2 Timothy 2:14-16)

It also reminded me of this what I said above there.

"I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase. So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase."(1 Corinthians 3:6-7)
Great verses there! :)

Upvote 0