✟15,112.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Bounty Hunter7 said:
Lets all sit down and enjoy some food and drinks at the hunting lodge. Anyone got any huntings stories to tell? They can be about anything. So grab yourself a chair and lets tell some stories.
Hello Bountyhunter! I am a turkey hunter on down time till next spring. The only problem with spring turkey hunting is that I have to break for Easter and the accompanying musicals which cause no small amount of stress over the time factor.

Upvote 0

Bounty Hunter7

Crusader Of God
Dec 19, 2003
Everywhere
✟16,525.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm and deer and turkey hunter. I've got 1 seven point buck and button buck and a doe. I only got one turkey which was 22 pounds I forgot the beard size but its hanging on my wall i'll measure it later. So anybody go any Hunting sotrys or anything they'd like to share and Hi back to u Huntsvil :).

Upvote 0

HiredGoon

Old School Presbyterian
Dec 16, 2003
✟4,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Anyone seen the movie Escanaba in da Moonlight? It's a pretty funny comedy written, directed by and starring Jeff Daniels about "yooper" Michigan hunting culture in da U.P., eh. :D That's the "Upper Peninsula" for non-Michiganders. Michigan has a huge hunting culture; opening day of deer season is a no school day for kids.

"Escanaba in Da Moonlight is Jeff Daniel's hilariously twisted comedy about five Yoopers - residents of Michigan's Upper Peninsula - and their escapades at a ramshackle deer camp on the eve of the Opening Day of the 1989 hunting season.

For nearly three quarters of a century, Soady men have trekked to their little "home away from home" north of Escanaba - the heart and soul of the U.P. - to drink, cause a little bit of trouble, and bag bucks. But in the words of Patriarch Albert (Harve Presnell), "Dat year camp was as tense as a moose's butt durin' fly season."

At 43, Reuben Soady is in danger of becoming the oldest member in the history of the family never to bag a buck. Known around town as the "Buckless Yooper," even Reuben's wife (Kimberly Norris Guerrero) is a better shot. As the fateful dawn approaches, Reuben attempts to change his luck by altering several of the time tested rituals and traditions of Soady deer camp, but only succeeds in fueling a series of strange and unexplainable events causing Remnar, Reuben's overly superstitious brother, to remark, "If I didn't know better, I'd say this camp was cursed."

The movie is rated PG-13 for "Uncultured Humor." ;)

P.S. I've never been hunting, I just do target shooting with blackpowder muzzleloaders, mainly flintlocks. Built a couple myself.

Upvote 0

Bounty Hunter7

Crusader Of God
Dec 19, 2003
Everywhere
✟16,525.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
There wasn't very many posts in this topic, I guess there is not much hunters in here. I should make a big sign and put it in front of the lodge. Hunting Lodge-Where Hunters get free food. lol you think thats arract some hunters here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hunt2Day

Jul 17, 2005
Missouri
✟175.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Bounty Hunter7 said:
Lets all sit down and enjoy some food and drinks at the hunting lodge. Anyone got any huntings stories to tell? They can be about anything. So grab yourself a chair and lets tell some stories.

i like to hunt its my fave thing to do.
in florida you can use dogs to hunt whitetails. i did that once with one of my friends from church. everyone uses shotguns with buckshot.
what ya do is you have around 8 people in your group and you go to a bunch of woods with little dirt roads all through it then you drive to the middle of the woods and let the dogs loose.
then everyone just sits around and talks until the dogs pick up a deers scent and then they start barkingand chasing the deer. then we find out which road there heading to and evoryone gets in there trucks and speeds over to the road befor the dogs chase the deer out of the woods.
then all the people line up down the road and wait for the dogs to chase the deer out then whoever its closest to shoots it. i almost got one the first time i went but it caught my scent and ran a little further down the road and someone else got it. but its still a lot of fun:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Heather S.

Jun 25, 2005
✟266.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Oh I live for hunting (almost). ;)

I'm a whitetail hunter, but I want to get into turkey hunting. I tried to go this year but didn't have time. Maybe next year.

I haven't been hunting for very long so I don't have much to show for it - 9 or 10 does, a 6 point buck and a 10 point. I hunt with a 7 mm .08, but I have a few more rifles that I'll use for a change. Killed my first deer (a doe) with a .308, and really started hunting with a 44 magnum rifle. That gun would put a hole in a deer you could see through, but only at close range (<100 yrds).

I do love hunting though. There's nothing like waking up at 5 AM and sitting in a cold tree, when it's about 10F outside, and watching the sun rise. I wouldn't trade it for the world! It really gets you in touch with nature.

in florida you can use dogs to hunt whitetails. i did that once with one of my friends from church. everyone uses shotguns with buckshot.
what ya do is you have around 8 people in your group and you go to a bunch of woods with little dirt roads all through it then you drive to the middle of the woods and let the dogs loose.
then everyone just sits around and talks until the dogs pick up a deers scent and then they start barkingand chasing the deer. then we find out which road there heading to and evoryone gets in there trucks and speeds over to the road befor the dogs chase the deer out of the woods.
then all the people line up down the road and wait for the dogs to chase the deer out then whoever its closest to shoots it. i almost got one the first time i went but it caught my scent and ran a little further down the road and someone else got it. but its still a lot of fun:thumbsup:
Whoa! That's how it used to be done here in Mississippi too... but everyone Still-Hunts now. The way it used to be, you'd have a ton of people with about 100 or so dogs, and you'd have a few people designated as camp Dog Men. They'd take care of all the dogs in return for hunting priveleges at the camp. Wild times! I didn't know people still dog-hunted for whitetail anymore.

At my deer camp we don't dog-hunt, but we still do man-drives. I do love a good man-drive. We got some pure coonasses from Louisiana at my camp, and they'll run you for your money in a Drive. You'll see some mighty big bucks though. What fun!

This thread's got me talking like a southerner and thinking about deer season. Thanks a lot! :p

Heather

Upvote 0

Vote_Jesus

Nov 2, 2004
Arkansas
✟7,661.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I love to hunt. I deer and ducks hunt mostly. Duck seasons coming up and I'm really excited!

Let me think a good hunting story hmmm....

Well, It was my first time to go duck hunting, I was only using a little 20 guage, and my friend had shot a green head. It started swimming away ,hurt, so he took off after it. My other friend started calling the ducks and a mallard hen came flying right down in front of me. I was so in shock that it would get that close i forgot i was supposed to shoot it. Well my friend was beside me and he shot it almost right in front of my face. It was so funny. But really cool because he was excited he accually called a duck in b/c it was his first time calling. We were in hip deep water and he was so happy he tripped and fell in the water filled his waders up!! lol!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

trow

Sep 3, 2005
✟15,114.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I love Spring Turkey hunting, just started about 2 seasons ago, I was hunting with my son on a friend's land, got back to the end of his line, big Tom's sitting there, my son was about to shoot, when I saw a sign no hunting, they were about 5 yards on the other side of the fence line, thought I was still on the friend's land, when I saw the sign told my son not to shoot, teaching him the right way. My friend told me I would tell the other guy it flew over whn I shot it, I can't lie, and don't want to teach my son wrong ethics.

Upvote 0

HelpingHand

This Girl has a name
Dec 21, 2003
Fox city, Georgia
Visit site
✟985.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I love to hunt! I hunt deer mostly. It's bow season right now. Awesome! I was out in the woods all this past weekend. I'm more of a gun huntin girl though. I got some really good stories though, and I'll tell as soon as I get a bite to eat. :)

Upvote 0

hakurt

Aug 17, 2005
✟15,115.00
Faith
Lutheran
Hey guys and gals. I don't want this to sound like an ad but I truly believe that the Lord has blessed me with a new hunting related business. The best part is that it focuses on our Christian beliefs. It is a camouflage company. God's Country Camouflage.

Please let me know what you think. It allows us to celebrate our love for the outdoors and at the same time celebrate our love for the Lord.

hakurt

Upvote 0