The Holy city of Houston

Flavius

FoundWanting
Apr 10, 2004
EastOfEden,Near Houston
✟530.00
Faith
Messianic
I get so tired of the news calling all these cities Holy in Iraq and other places.I think I'll claim Houston a Holy city and demand my own country right here.When they speak of Jerusalem they never say,the Holy city of Jerusalem.If the P.L.O. had possession of all of Jerusalem it would then be called the Holy city of Jerusalem.Anyone get the feeling that they are just calling these places Holy so that maybe we wont invade them?

Hix

Zionist Jew
Dec 29, 2003
✟17,284.00
Faith
Judaism
Politics
UK-Conservative
On a serious note, I do laugh at the liberal usage of "holy" in Islam when its convenient. Such as refering to the Dome of the Rock as the third "holiest" shrine in Islam when not only is it not referenced in the Qu'ran, indeed Jerusalem itself is never mentioned (and when Eretz Yisrael is, its always said to be the land of the Jews).

Shalom and G-d bless
~Hix~

Upvote 0

Plan 9

Absolutely Elsewhere
Jul 7, 2002
Deck Six, Cargo Bay Two; apply to Annabel Lee to l
Visit site
✟20,357.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Hix said:
On a serious note, I do laugh at the liberal usage of "holy" in Islam when its convenient. Such as refering to the Dome of the Rock as the third "holiest" shrine in Islam when not only is it not referenced in the Qu'ran, indeed Jerusalem itself is never mentioned (and when Eretz Yisrael is, its always said to be the land of the Jews).

Shalom and G-d bless
~Hix~

It's funny how that works, isn't it? Why isn't the Wailing Wall ever a "holy" site? After all, it's right next door to the Dome of the Rock, I went straight from one to the other, and its pilgrims seemed every bit as reverential to me. Of course, we all know how ignorant tourists are, but when tourists are called "pilgrims" instead, surely the sites we visit must be "holy"? Of couse, then we would have to include Graceland. ;)

Flavius! Dude! Your idea would be perfect for preserving all those little American towns which were eleminated in the last national census, like Lithium, Missouri. :)

Upvote 0

Plan 9

Absolutely Elsewhere
Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
✟20,357.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
justinhulsey said:
I thought Texas was it's own country...

Yes it is, and here's a story to prove it:

One day, a Texan was traveling through the adjoining state of Oklahoma on a secondary road, and he needed to make a pit stop something terrible. Well, he saw a roadhouse coming up on the left. It was the middle of the day, so when he pulled in, there was only one battered old rusty pick-up truck in the parking lot, so he parked next to it and went in.
When he was done taking care of business, he sat down next to the only other customer there, a man of about his age wearing an old pair of overalls, a faded flannel shirt, boots with some cowflop still stuck to the soles, and a billed cap advertising Bass Pro Shop.
He bought the Okie a beer and then he commenced talking about how much better everything was in Texas; the girls prettier, the men tougher, the oil-wells bigger, the cattle ranches which stretched out for thousands of acres, which brought him to the subject of his own spread.

"Why, when I get up in the mornin' and git in mah truck t' look it over,
Ah can drive all day till the sun sets and still not reach the end of it."

The Okie, who hadn't said a word up till then, thought over what the Texan had told him, shook his head sadly, and replied,

Ah know just how ya feel, partner. I got a truck like that, too.

Upvote 0

Vulgivagus hagiographus

Rambling Writer
Mar 12, 2004
Space (the final frontier, don't cha know?)
Visit site
✟2,690.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Hix said:

Shalom and G-d bless
~Hix~

I also like how Muhammad is buried in Medina, but ascended into heaven from the Dome of the Rock. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Flavius

FoundWanting
Apr 10, 2004
EastOfEden,Near Houston
✟530.00
Faith
Messianic
Every person in the world should have to watch behind the sceens of Al Jazaeers News. A cable channel called Link is carrying it.I can't believe they are so bold in their hate for America and Israel,They are so one sided and they don't care who knows it.Cnn is so one sided but they try to cover it up.

Upvote 0

P_G

Pastor - ד ע ה - The Lunch Lady
Dec 13, 2003
North East Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟13,348.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Hmm I live in Mt. Bethel (Beth-El)
And the Nehemiah Center is there too!

Gen 12:8 And he removed from thence unto a mountain on the east of Bethel, and pitched his tent, having Bethel on the west, and Hai on the east: and there he builded an altar unto the LORD, and called upon the name of the LORD.

We are just north of Nazareth and Bethlehem and right around the corner from Emmaus.

Mat 2:1 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,

Mar 1:9 And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan.

Luk 24:13 And, behold, two of them went that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was from Jerusalem about threescore furlongs.

One of the routes you can take to get to Nehemiah Center is to take Mt Nebo Rd.

Deu 32:49 Get thee up into this mountain Abarim, unto mount Nebo, which is in the land of Moab, that is over against Jericho; and behold the land of Canaan, which I give unto the children of Israel for a possession:

So based soley on this I am declaring all of Northampton County PA as the HOLIEST SITE in America!

Thank you for your time

Blessings

Pastor George :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Talmidah

היום כולם יודעים - הרב כהנא צדק
Dec 15, 2003
Visit site
✟32,660.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
Flavius said:
Aww I'm sorry Talmidah,I didn't know.I'll pray for you
Oh how sweet you are Flavius, to think of my needs LOL

Actually, it is quite nice here. There are lots of kosher markets and restaurants, interesting people, fun events, etc. I'm just hoping to one day be able to afford to live over toward the west side of L.A. in the more heavily Jewish area.

Upvote 0

Flavius

FoundWanting
Apr 10, 2004
EastOfEden,Near Houston
✟530.00
Faith
Messianic
Talmidah said:
Oh how sweet you are Flavius, to think of my needs LOL

Actually, it is quite nice here. There are lots of kosher markets and restaurants, interesting people, fun events, etc. I'm just hoping to one day be able to afford to live over toward the west side of L.A. in the more heavily Jewish area.
I just went through L.A. a few months ago heading for Van couver and it was the first time I had seen Northern California,that was awesome.If I had to live in Cal.I'de live in Northern part.

Upvote 0

Bulldog

Don't Tread on Me
Jan 19, 2004
22 Acacia Avenue
✟8,212.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
US-Libertarian
The Holy City of Washington DC.
Happy.gif

Upvote 0

Plan 9

Absolutely Elsewhere
Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
✟20,357.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
brentsbaby612 said:
I hope this is not one of those instances were I should have been born a blonde;...'Cause I don't get it! :confused:

My apologies, BB; I probably didn't tell the joke right? That's the Okie's battered old truck the Texan parked next to.
I heard it one the border of Texas and Oklahoma. If you tell it in Texas, the Okie thinks that the Texan's truck doesn't run right and because that's why it takes him all day to get from one end of his land to the other.
If you tell it in Oklahoma, the Okie is making a joke at the Texan's expense by pretending the Texan has a truck like his.

Did that help??? Or not???

Upvote 0