• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

The Holidays

Bianca01

Jan 10, 2007
✟15,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Here it is that time of year again. The Holidays. I'm already feeling so depressed. For anyone who was molested by a family member and struggles around the Holidays... I identify with you. I feel once again like the one messing up everyone else's Holiday plans not wanting to be around the abuser. Even though I've made my mind up not to be involved, I still miss "what should be" and find it hard just to accept "what is".

bubblefish

used to be cat_goes_meow
Oct 23, 2004
Australia
✟34,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
:hug: I know how the holiday season can be difficult, especially as you said when it is a time to be around family.
Are there other things you can do over this time? I have found that spending time with friends or doing volunteer work over the season can sometimes help. You are still around people but not near your abuser and the people who hurt you. :hug:

Upvote 0

Nienor

why so serious
Jun 7, 2004
Seattle
✟29,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I don't want to go home and to my home church because my abuser has started going there again :hug: I don't think I've ever felt more awful then this summer when I asked my dad (and pastor) to ask someone *not* to come to church. The guilt is the worst part :(

So I don't know exactly what you're going through, but I think I know how it feels. Hopefully he'll have the decency not to come to church while I'm home this time...

Upvote 0