Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not that I know of. I know that in the early Church they were basically the eyes and the ears of the bishop as far as finances and making sure everything was distributed as it should be. I have never heard of a deacon performing an exorcism. I know today Canon law forbids it unless you are a priest or prelate and have the Bishop’s permission to proceed.

Upvote 0

BAChristian

Discerning the Diaconate. Please pray for me.
Aug 17, 2003
Indiana
✟13,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Haven't seen you in a very long time.
Congratulations on your vocation. May the Lord be with you.
It has been a long time indeed. If you're referring to being a Deacon, no I'm just discerning... STILL. LOL... but thank you anyway. :)

I was rather arrogant in my faith in the early days of being here on the forums. The Lord has worked on me on that particular issue and probably one of the reasons why I never proceeded with pursuing the Diaconate. He always seems to get it right timing wise. ;)

I'm also old now. And have calmed down a bit. :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
It has been a long time indeed. If you're referring to being a Deacon, no I'm just discerning... STILL. LOL... but thank you anyway. :)

I was rather arrogant in my faith in the early days of being here on the forums. The Lord has worked on me on that particular issue and probably one of the reasons why I never proceeded with pursuing the Diaconate. He always seems to get it right timing wise. ;)

I'm also old now. And have calmed down a bit. :p
The Lord puts us through fire. Time, experience and finally humility.
Well, all the same if it's in the mind or heart, it might be in the direction He wants.

Upvote 0