Arizona
✟36,652.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
I am interested in hearing how the members of the forum interpret these verses:

Philippians 3: 14-15

14. I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

15. Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

What is this prize?

What is this high calling?

:)

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Prize I don't know, maybe a crown and a lot of souls.
High calling is becoming like Him, completely dying to self, becoming perfected, like God, Jesus was made perfect through suffering.

Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. 13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0
W

wayne blair

There is an excellent old book by J H Jowett entitled The High Calling. It is an exposition verse by verse in Philippians. The 3rd chapter tells us that there is a target of living close to the heartbeat of the Master. This does not mean that there will be no stumbling; simply that our reflex becomes closer and closer to His will as we cleave unto the Gospel report. We wish to apprehend Christ; truth is He apprehends us. This is encouraging.

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟183,262.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What is this prize?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqcLjcSloXs

Sorry :D

Okay, the answer may be this:

"not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith— 10 that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11 that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead"

which comes just before the passages you quote.

But I do not know for certain. It is a strange verse that you quote.

Upvote 0

Ran77

Senior Contributor
Mar 18, 2004
Arizona
✟36,652.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
There is an excellent old book by J H Jowett entitled The High Calling. It is an exposition verse by verse in Philippians. The 3rd chapter tells us that there is a target of living close to the heartbeat of the Master. This does not mean that there will be no stumbling; simply that our reflex becomes closer and closer to His will as we cleave unto the Gospel report. We wish to apprehend Christ; truth is He apprehends us. This is encouraging.

Interesting. Thank you for your input.

Upvote 0

Ran77

Senior Contributor
Mar 18, 2004
Arizona
✟36,652.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Okay, the answer may be this:

"not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith— 10 that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11 that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead"

which comes just before the passages you quote.

But I do not know for certain. It is a strange verse that you quote.

Resurrection.

Interesting interpretation of the verse. Thank you for sharing it.

Upvote 0

RevelationTestament

Our God is a consuming fire.
Apr 26, 2013
United States
✟19,404.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married

14. I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

15. Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

What is this prize?

his calling? To show us the way to the holiest of all.
Hebrews 9:8
8 The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
A

AlephBet

The Hebrew word Chet is Sin, or missing the mark. This is the mark:

ALEPH.jpg
MEM.jpg
TAV.jpg

This is the Hebrew word Truth, or EMET. The Hebrew word death is MET, or missing the Aleph. The Aleph is the universal Hebrew symbol for the Father. The Mem is the Mother (Ruach hovering over the waters). The Tav is the Son. Elohim (Father) and Ruach (Mother). Let US make man in OUR image.

In ancient Hebrew, the Tav is two crossed sticks that marks the furrow to be plowed. The Ox (Aleph) is the strength pulling the plow through the soil. The tav is the mark to hit, allowing a straight furrow to the goal--planting seed.

In English, I can show you how Babel extends to the seeds (letters of the Aleph Bet). The word Father in Hebrew is Aleph Bet. The Word is what you get when the letters of the Father (Aleph Bet) enter the Mother (Aleph Mem). She is the cup of water. When yeast is mixed with seed (Letters) in a cup, then placed in an oven, you get bread of life, or the Son. The Son is the one being pulled by the Father (strength). The mark to hit is truth, or STRONG WATER MARK. That Mark is from baptism, or our life lived in the waters below.

The mark of the beast is selfishness / Ego / Conscience. See my threads for more on this subject. Overcoming the Ego / Conscience is overcoming Yahweh (ruling mind of Adam) and Satan (accuser / conscience). To do this, we must end the animal nature (beast seeking a kingdom to rule).

2 Timothy 3

3 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

18 markers of Selfish Ego. 6+6+6. The beast of Revelation 13 is Man, or man's number of 666. Carbon is 6 protons, 6 electrons and 6 neutrons (mark of a man).

Revelation 13

18 This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man.[e] That number is 666.

We are here in the waters of the flood (baptism) to overcome this beast in exchange for a new robe and mind above. To do this, we must be marked by the strong water mark above. TRUTH. Love. Forgive. Do not judge. Authority belongs to the Father (Strong House / Aleph Bet). He writes the Word in each of us (DNA). A new Robe (body) and Crown (mind) await us when the beast below is overcome and cleansed in the water. To do this, hit the mark. TRUTH. LOVE. Yahweh is the Guardian of the Law. He must be overcome with love. By this, the conscience / Satan is silenced. See Zacheriah 3.

FATHER (ALEPH BET). You are the Word (Son). Hit the mark in the waters of life (Mother). Be born again from above.

ALEPH.jpg
BET.jpg

What is this prize?

Upvote 0
A

AlephBet

In English.

Ear is the seed. It is also the ear you hear with.

Add a Hey to Ear.

HEY.jpg

Hear means to behold. Behold what? The open seed planted in the soil with water and light.

Add a Tav to Hear.

TAV.jpg

HEART. The soil of the mind is the heart. Seeds must open. Ears must open. Move the Hey to the end of Heart.

EartH. This is where you plow to the mark.

What is this prize?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A

AlephBet

Feel free to ask more questions. The rest of the letters explain more of the story:

LETTERS.jpg

What is this prize?

Upvote 0

David H

Feb 6, 2015
Brisbane
✟7,626.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have heard of an idea that seems logical.

It has to do with the words of Jesus.

"Many are called but few are chosen" please rad on before you judge this piece. The word chosen means hand picked. All people are called and we hope all people would respond. However. this idea says that there are certain ones that God wants and knows will respond. the chosen or 'handpicked'

The Apostle Paul would have known he was chosen when he wrote his letter about the high calling. The chosen will be the ones to reign/rule over the earth with Christ when he returns.

Paul, agains gives lead to the question when saying that blindes in part has happened to Israel until all the fullness of the gentiles has come in, meaning until all that the father has deemed (the chosen) to come in. The way I heard this the ones who know they are chosen, keep it to themselves as most believe there is only one type of chrisitan.

Upvote 0

Ran77

Senior Contributor
Mar 18, 2004
Arizona
✟36,652.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
I have heard of an idea that seems logical.

It has to do with the words of Jesus.

"Many are called but few are chosen" please rad on before you judge this piece. The word chosen means hand picked. All people are called and we hope all people would respond. However. this idea says that there are certain ones that God wants and knows will respond. the chosen or 'handpicked'

The Apostle Paul would have known he was chosen when he wrote his letter about the high calling. The chosen will be the ones to reign/rule over the earth with Christ when he returns.

Paul, agains gives lead to the question when saying that blindes in part has happened to Israel until all the fullness of the gentiles has come in, meaning until all that the father has deemed (the chosen) to come in. The way I heard this the ones who know they are chosen, keep it to themselves as most believe there is only one type of chrisitan.

That is an interesting concept. Thank you for sharing it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ran77

Senior Contributor
Mar 18, 2004
Arizona
✟36,652.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Most people believe the concept to be heresy, as they all believe in only one type of chrisitan, but I have seen there to be the pew sitter and there to be the ones that get useecby the Holy Spirit a lot. Has it been hidden in all the lies over 2000 years?
David H

Because it is a concept that I had not previously heard before and it has some logic to it. That makes it interesting to me.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hebrews 3:1
Therefore, holy brothers and sisters, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, whom we acknowledge as our apostle and high priest.

We are called to take up our cross and follow Him. The prize, I believe, is to be conformed to the image of Christ.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,078.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews 3:1
Therefore, holy brothers and sisters, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, whom we acknowledge as our apostle and high priest.

We are called to take up our cross and follow Him. The prize, I believe, is to be conformed to the image of Christ.
Great thought; yes, indeed. Blessings.

(I love the Epistle to the Hebrews.)

Upvote 0