Jun 17, 2004
Waynesville, Missouri
Visit site
✟1,990.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why is it that if we can't see it, we can't believe it sometimes? Why does our faith seem to hit a brick wall on certain subjects? That said, why do we believe we're saved?! We can't physically SEE our salvation...

That said, we believe because the Word says we are--through faith. Nothing new here. Same old cob-web-covered concept.

My wife is teaching a class this Sunday on 'Telling Yourself the Truth' (from the book of the same name). She uses these two illustrations: broken mirror--your reflection isn't accurate; and broken window--what you see through it isn't accurate.

PLEASE don't throw things at me when I say this: I can see that God has allowed for BOTH opinions to exist in reference to the healing. I can see that both sides can--and do--scriptually support their opinions. Can you see this too? God is all things to all men. As deep as we dig in life, there He is.

Please don't cop-a-tude here...

Now, to that let's add this simple analogy: When we look in our broken mirrors and through our broken windows, what we see is NOT accurate. Yes--you've heard that one before too. We are broken people and we see ourselves and our circumstances inaccurately if we trust what our eyes see.

We believe we're saved without seeing our salvation physically. Why can't we believe we healed without seeing it physically? Those who believe that Word supports this view have made a choice to trust the Word because it doesn't matter whether we can see the healing or not--we trust God, not our own eyes. It matters whether we walk in healing here, yes, but it DOES NOT matter in reference to whether we actually have it. It cannot be used as proof and does not apply as proof. This appears to be the ultimate illustration God has for us of belief and faith in His Word. *Stepping out in faith when you can see that your foot is supported is not stepping out in faith. The Word says we have it--so we do. We believe that seeing ISN'T believing when we, broken people, are looking at ourselves in the mirror or at our circumstances in the world. Broken people wind up with a broken view.

This is why we must view everything we see through the Word. If we see in the Word that is says we're healed, we ARE, whether it appears that way or not.

The Word repairs the broken glass and allows us to see in truth.

Reactions: Lottedah

riverpastor

Take the Red Pill.
Mar 23, 2004
Ft. Worth
✟20,727.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God is Infinite and Eternal. Some of us see some parts. Others may not see those same parts quite so clearly, yet they may see other parts of Him that some do not, if you get my drift.

In seeing we do believe, JBG. In believing, we do see.

You can see my salvation. Because I believed, I am now saved. Can you see my spirit man (depends on how well you see)? Maybe not. But, you CAN see Grace in operation. You can see Him living His life through me.

I believe it is the same way with all that scripture provides us as Truth. Do I know all Truth? I would not dare to say I did, but I know the Source of Truth. And as each layer of deception and "broken" mirror is pulled away and I see clearly through the veil, I begin to see with clarity the Truth that Christ provides. As I behold that Truth, I am changed into its image.

So revealed Truth becomes faith for me. Why? Because IT is REVEALED to ME! When it was REVEALED to me that I was a sinner, bound for hell, I found the safety of my salvation in Jesus. I had faith for salvation. Because the TRUTH was REVEALED to me.

Romans 10:17 - So then, FAITH comes by hearing and hearing by the Word (RHEMA) of God.​

When Truth through the WORD is revealed (rhema-ized) to me, I then have faith for it.

So, really, it's not a "blind" faith at all. Though I can't see the foothold with my natural eyes, if it is REVEALED to me that it is there, then I can rest assure that when I plant my foot down, something will support me.

If it is not REVEALED to me yet, then I have no faith to stand upon it.

So, we need REVELATION of the Word in order for it to affect our faith.

Peter stepped out of the boat when he heard, "Come, Peter". Where did His faith come from? Not necessarily seeing Jesus walk on the water. But he HEARD (RHEMA) the Word spoken (or speak) to him to step out of the boat.

His experience was based upon the REVELATION.

When he had faith, it was then seen in his actions.

What was Peter standing on? Substance. FAITH is the SUBSTANCE of things hoped for and the EVIDENCE of things not seen.

Upvote 0

Johnny Be Good

If you have not love...
Jun 17, 2004
Waynesville, Missouri
Visit site
✟1,990.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
riverpastor said:
God is Infinite and Eternal. Some of us see some parts. Others may not see those same parts quite so clearly, yet they may see other parts of Him that some do not, if you get my drift.

In seeing we do believe, JBG. In believing, we do see.

You can see my salvation. Because I believed, I am now saved. Can you see my spirit man (depends on how well you see)? Maybe not. But, you CAN see Grace in operation. You can see Him living His life through me.

I believe it is the same way with all that scripture provides us as Truth. Do I know all Truth? I would not dare to say I did, but I know the Source of Truth. And as each layer of deception and "broken" mirror is pulled away and I see clearly through the veil, I begin to see with clarity the Truth that Christ provides. As I behold that Truth, I am changed into its image.

So revealed Truth becomes faith for me. Why? Because IT is REVEALED to ME! When it was REVEALED to me that I was a sinner, bound for hell, I found the safety of my salvation in Jesus. I had faith for salvation. Because the TRUTH was REVEALED to me.

Romans 10:17 - So then, FAITH comes by hearing and hearing by the Word (RHEMA) of God.​

When Truth through the WORD is revealed (rhema-ized) to me, I then have faith for it.

So, really, it's not a "blind" faith at all. Though I can't see the foothold with my natural eyes, if it is REVEALED to me that it is there, then I can rest assure that when I plant my foot down, something will support me.

If it is not REVEALED to me yet, then I have no faith to stand upon it.

So, we need REVELATION of the Word in order for it to affect our faith.

Peter stepped out of the boat when he heard, "Come, Peter". Where did His faith come from? Not necessarily seeing Jesus walk on the water. But he HEARD (RHEMA) the Word spoken (or speak) to him to step out of the boat.

His experience was based upon the REVELATION.

When he had faith, it was then seen in his actions.

What was Peter standing on? Substance. FAITH is the SUBSTANCE of things hoped for and the EVIDENCE of things not seen.
I'm still trying to obsorbe all of that. I think I've got it...except for, "In seeing we do believe, JBG. In believing, we do see." I can sense the connection, but it's not made in my mind yet. :confused: :doh:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.