United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Luke 19:43
That shall be arriving/hxousin <2240> (5692) days upon Thee and the enemies of Thee shall be according casting a siege-work to Thee and shall be encompassing Thee and together-pressing/sunexousin <4912> (5692) Thee every which place.

Revelation 18:8 because of this in one day shall be arriving/hxousin <2240> (5692) the blows of Her, death and mourning and famine, and in fire She shall be being burned-down that strong *Lord the God, the One-judging Her
=========================

Matthew 24:15

Whenever then ye may be seeing the abomination<946> of the desolation/ἐρημώσεως<2050>.......
Mark 13:14
Whenever yet ye may be seeing see the abomination<946> of the desolation/ἐρημώσεως<2050>
Luke 21:20
Whenever yet may be seeing Jerusalem surrounded by war-troops,
then be knowing that come nigh the desolating/ἐρήμωσις<2050> of Her

Luke 19:
That shall be arriving days upon Thee,
and Thy enemies shall be casting up a rampart/siege-work to Thee
and shall be encompassing Thee,
and pressing Thee from-every-side.
44 And shall be leveling Thee and Thy offspring in Thee,
and not shall be leaving stone upon stone in Thee,
stead which not Thou knew the season of the visitation<1984> of Thee".

Revelation 18:19
and they cast dust upon their heads, and cried<2896>, lamenting<2799>, weeping and mourning<3996>, saying,
"Woe! woe! the great City! in which are rich all those having ships<4143> in the sea, out of Her preciousness<5094>,
for to one hour was She was desolated<2049>.

Matthew 23:
37O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing!
38 “See! Your house is left to you desolate;
Luke 13:
O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, but you were not willing!
35See! Your house is left to you desolate;

======================
Isa 31:9
He shall cross over to his stronghold for fear, and his princes shall be afraid of the banner,” Says Yahweh
Whose fire is in Zion and Whose furnace is in Jerusalem.
Ezekiel 22:
17 The word of Yahweh came to me, saying, 18 "Son of adam! the house of Israel has become dross to Me; they [are] all bronze, tin, iron, and lead, in the midst of a furnace; they have become dross from silver. 19 "Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: 'Because you have all become dross, therefore behold, I will gather you into the midst of Jerusalem. 20 '[As men] gather silver, bronze, iron, lead, and tin into the midst of a, to blow fire on it, to melt [it;] so I will gather [you] in My anger and in My fury, and I will leave [you there] and melt you.
21 'Yes, I will gather you and blow on you with the fire of My wrath, and you shall be melted in its midst. 22 'As silver is melted in the midst of a furnace, so shall you be melted in its midst;
then you shall know that I, Yahweh, have poured out My fury on you.'
Revelation 17:
16 And the ten Horns which thou saw and the Beast, these shall be hating the harlot,
and They shall be making Her desolate and naked,
and the fleshes of Her they shall be eating
and shall be burning Her in fire.
17 For the GOD gives into Their hearts to do the mind of Him, and to do One mind and to give Their kingdom to the Beast
until shall be being finished the words of the GOD.

Revelation 18:
18 And they cried, observing the smoke of Her burning, saying, "What is like to the great City?"
19 and they cast dust upon their heads, and cried, lamenting, weeping and mourning, saying,
"Woe! woe! the great City! in which are rich all those having ships in the sea, out of Her preciousness,
for to one hour was She was desolated.
========================
I am putting this up for a study, and this is my translation of these 3 chapters in Revelation concerning the great City/harlot/Babylon/Queen.

................................Revelation 17

1 And came one out of the seven Messengers, those having the seven vials/bowls<5357>, and He speaks with me, saying
"come-hither!<1204> I shall be showing to thee the judgment of the great harlot <4204> sitting upon many waters,

2 with Whom the kings of the land commit whoredom<4202> and made drunk those dwelling<2730> upon the land out of the wine of the whoredom of Her

3 And He carried me away to a wilderness in Spirit,
and I saw a Woman sitting upon a scarlet/crimson<2847> Beast,

replete<1073> of names of blasphemy/evil-speaking,
having seven Heads and ten Horns.

And the Woman was having been arrayed with
purple and scarlet/crimson<2847> and gilded<5558> to gold, and precious<5093> stone, and pearls<3135>,
having a golden Cup in Her hand, replete of abominations and uncleanness<169> of Her whoredom,

5 and upon Her forehead was a name written:
‘Mystery, Babylon the Great, the Mother of the harlots, and the Abominations of the earth.’
6 And I saw the Woman being drunk<3184> out of the blood of the Saints, and out of the blood of the Witnesses of Jesus,
and I marvel seeing Her, a great marvel<2295>

7 And the Messenger said to me, "Wherefore thou marvel?
I shall be declaring<5046> to thee the Mystery of the Woman

and of the Beast carrying Her, which hath the seven Heads and the ten Horns.

8 The Beast which thou saw
was and not is and is being about to be ascending out of the Abyss and into destruction to be going away<5217>.
And shall be marveling those dwelling<2730> upon the earth, of whom not has been written the names upon the Scroll of the Life from down-casting/disruption<2602> of the world,

beholding the Beast that was and not is and shall be present/coming<3918>

Here the mind, the having wisdom.
The seven Heads seven Mountains are being, where the Woman is sitting upon them.
10 And Kings, seven are being, the five fall, the One is being, the Other not as yet came.
And whenever He may be coming, briefly<3641> it is binding Him to remain.

11 And the Beast that was and not is being, even He an eighth,
and out of the Seven He is being,
and to destruction<684> is going away<5217>.

12 ‘And the ten Horns which thou saw, are being ten Kings, who a kingdom not as yet receive,
but authority as Kings one hour they are receiving<2983> with the Beast,

13 These are having one mind, and the power and the authority of them to the Beast they are giving<1325>

14 These with the Lambkin<721> shall be battling<4170>,
and the Lambkin shall be conquering<3528> them, that Lord of lords it is being, and King of kings,
and those with It are called<2822>, and chosen<1588>, and faithful.

And He is saying to me "These the Waters which thou saw, where the harlot is sitting, are peoples and multitudes<3793> are being, and nations and tongues.
16 And the ten Horns which thou saw and the Beast, These shall be hating the harlot,
and They shall be making Her desolate<2049> and naked,
and the fleshes of Her they shall be eating<5315>
and shall be burning<2618> Her in fire.

17 For the GOD gives<1325> into Their hearts to do<4160> the mind<1106> of Him, and to do One mind
and to give Their kingdom to the Beast
until shall be being finished<5055> the words of the GOD.

18 and the Woman whom thou saw is being the great City,
the one having a kingdom<932> over the kings of the land.’
==========================================

OT equivalent

H2181 (NKJV)

2181 zanah a primitive root (highly-fed and therefore wanton);
to commit adultery (usually of the female, and less often of simple fornication, rarely of involuntary ravishment); figuratively, to commit idolatry (the Jewish people being regarded as the spouse of Jehovah):--(cause to) commit fornication, X continually, X great, (be an, play the) harlot, (cause to be, play the) harlot, (commit, fall to) whoredom, (cause to) go a-whoring, whorish.
H2181 זָנָה (zanah) occurs 94 times in 82 verses
Other forms

2183 zanuwn from 2181; adultery; figuratively, idolatry:--whoredom. 2184 znuwth from 2181; adultery, i.e. (figuratively) infidelity, idolatry:--whoredom. 2185 zonowth regarded by some as if from 2109 or an unused root, and applied to military equipments; but evidently the feminine plural active participle of 2181; harlots:--armour.

Last edited:

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
..................................Revelation 18

1 After these I saw another Messenger descending<2597> out of the heaven, having great authority, and the earth was illuminated<5461> out of the glory<1391> of Him
2 and He cries out<2896> in a strong voice, saying,
"She Falls! She falls! Babylon the great, and She became a habitation<2732> of demons, and a hold/prison<5438> of every unclean<169> spirit, and a hold of every bird, unclean and having been hated.

3 That out of the wine of the fury<2372> of Her whoredom have fallen all the nations, and the kings of the earth with Her did commit whoredom,
and the Merchants of the earth out of the power of the indulgence<4764> of Her are rich.

4 And I heard another Voice out of the heaven, saying, "Come forth out of Her My people!
that ye should not be joint partakers<4790> Her sins,
and out of the blows/stripes<4127> of Her that no ye may be receiving.

5 That were piled up<2853> of Her the sins unto of the heaven,
and the GOD remembers<3421> Her injuries<92>.

6 Be rendering<591> to Her as also She renders,
and double<1363> ye the doubles according to Her works,
in the cup<4221> of Her which She mingle blends<2767> blend ye double to Her.

7 ‘As much as She glorifies Herself and indulges so much,
be giving to Her torment<929> and sorrow<3997>.
That in Her heart She is saying:
'I am sitting a Queen,
and a Widow not I am being,
and sorrow not no I shall seeing.'

8 Thru this in one day shall be arriving<2240> Her blows,
death and sorrow and famine.

And in fire She shall be utterly burned<2618>,
that strong Lord the GOD, the One judging Her.

9 And shall be lamenting<2799> over Her and shall be grieving/smiting selves<2875> over Her the kings of the earth,
those with Her committing whoredom and indulging
whenever they may be beholding<991> the smoke of Her firing<4451>.

10 From afar<3113> having stood because of the fear of the tormenting<929> of Her saying

"Woe! woe! the great City Babylon! the strong City!
That to one hour came the judging<2920> of Thee.

And the Merchants<1713> of the earth are lamenting<2799> and mourning<3996> over Her,
that their cargo<1117> no one is buying anymore.

12 Cargo of gold and silver, and precious stone and pearl
and fine linen and purple, [Luke 16:19/Revelation 18:16]
and silk, and scarlet, and all thyne wood, and every vessel of ivory, and every vessel of most precious wood and brass and iron and marble 13 and cinnamon, and odours, and ointment, and frankincense, and wine and oil and fine flour and wheat and cattle and sheep and of horses and of chariots and of bodies and souls of men.

14 ‘And the fruition<3703> of Thee of the yearning of Thy soul passed away<565> Thee,
and all the dainty and the splendid things perished<622> from Thee,
and no longer not no Thou shall be finding them.

15 The Merchants of these, those being rich from Her,
from afar<3113> shall be standing, because of the fear of Her torment<929>, weeping<2799>, and mourning<3996>,
16 and saying,
Woe! woe! the great City, that was having been arrayed<4016> with
fine linen,<1039> and purple,<4210> [Luke 16:19/Revelation 18:12]
and scarlet,<2847> and have been gilded<5558> in gold <5553> and precious<2093> stone and pearls<3135>

That to one hour was desolated<2049> the so much riches.
17 That to one hour was desolated<2049> the so much riches.
‘And every navigators<2942> everyone sailing<4126> and mariners<3492>,
and whoever are working the sea from afar stand.

18 And they cried<2896>, observing the smoke of Her firing<4451>, saying, "What like to the great City?"
19 and they cast dust upon their heads, and cried<2896>, lamenting<2799>, weeping and mourning<3996>, saying,
"Woe! woe! the great City! in which are rich all those having ships<4143> in the sea, out of Her preciousness<5094>,

for to one hour was She was desolated<2049>.

20 ‘Be making merry<2165> over Her, O heaven, and the Saints, the Apostles and the Prophets,
that the GOD judges the judgment of ye out of Her!’

21 And one strong Messenger lifts a stone as a great millstone,
and casts into the sea, saying:
"That thus with violence<3731> shall be being cast Babylon the great City,
and not no may be being found anymore in Her; 22 and voice of harpers<2790>
and musicians<3451> and flutists<834>, and trumpeters<4538>
not no should be being heard in Thee anymore.

And every artisan<5079> of every art<50478> not no may be being found in Thee anymore.
And sound of a millstone<3458> not no may being heard in Thee anymore.

23 And light<5457> of a lamp<3088> not no may be appearing in Thee anymore.
And voice of bridegroom and bride not no should be being heard in Thee anymore.

That Thy Merchants were the greatest ones<3175> of the earth,
that in Thy sorcery<5331> were all the nations deceived<4105>
24 And in Her blood of Prophets and of Saints was found,
and of all those having been slain/slaughtered<4969> on the earth.’

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
..............................Revelation 19

https://israelstudycenter.com/hebrew-hallelujah/
“Hallelu” (הללו) and “Yah” (יה).

1 After these I hear as a great sound of a vast throng in the heaven, saying,
"HalleluYah! the salvation and the glory and the honor, and the power of our God; 2 That true and righteous His judgings, that He judges the great harlot who corrupts the earth in Her whoredom, and avenges<1556> the blood of His bond-servants out of Her hand".
3 And a second time they have declared<4483> "HalleluYah! and the smoke of Her is ascending into the ages of the ages!"

4 And fall the twenty four Elders and the four living-ones,
and they worship to the GOD the One sitting upon the Throne, saying, "Amen! HalleluYah!"
5 And a Voice came out from the Throne saying: "Be ye praising to the GOD of us, all ye bond-servants of Him, and those fearing Him, the small and the great".
6 And I hear as sound of a throng, much, and as a sound of waters, many, and as sound of thunders, strong saying:
"HalleluYah! that reigns Lord the God *of-us, the Almighty".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

https://www.preteristarchive.com/JewishWars/timeline_military.html
"..probably the greatest single slaughter in ancient history."
ROMAN SIEGE AND SACK OF JERUSALEM

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD

"I consider the Prophecy relative to the destruction of the Jewish nation,
if there were nothing else to support Christianity, as absolutely irresistible."
(Mr. Erskine's Speech, at the Trial of Williams, for publishing Paine's Age of Reason)
History records few events more generally interesting than the destruction of Jerusalem, and the subversion of the Jewish state, by the arms of the Romans. --
Their intimate connexion with the dissolution of the Levitical economy, and the establishment of Christianity in the world ; the striking verification which they afford of so many of the prophecies, both of the Old and New Testament, and the powerful arguments of the divine authority of the Scriptures which are thence derived;
the solemn warnings and admonitions which they hold out to all nations, but especially such as are favoured with the light and blessings of REVELATION; together with the impressive and terrific grandeur of the events themselves --
are circumstances which must always insure to the subject of the following pages more than ordinary degrees of interest and importance.

Many eminent and learned men have employed their pens in the illustration of it; but the fruits of their labours are, for the most part, contained in large and expensive works, out of the reach of numbers, to whom the discussion might prove equally interesting and improving.

For the use and gratification of such, the present Treatise, in a more accessible and familiar form, is diffidently offered to the public. In order that it might be better adapted for the general reader, critical inquiries and tedious details are equally avoided ; but it has been the care of the writer not to omit any important fact or argument that, in his opinion, tended to elucidate the subject.
Countenanced by the example of many respectable names, he has ventured to introduce the extraordinary prodigies, which, according to Josephus, preceded the destruction of the Holy City.
He has also added a few sentences in their defense, but he does not intend thereby to express his unqualified admission of their genuineness.

===============================

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Reve 18:16 "woe! woe! the great City arrayed with PURPLE AND FINE LINEN / JERUSALEM

Let's look at the reaction of the merchants, who were selling their wares to the Great City/Harlot
Note "PURPLE AND FINE LINEN"

Revelation 18:

10 from afar having stood because of the fear of Her torment, saying, Woe! woe! the great City! Babylon, the strong City!
because in one hour did come Thy judgment.

11 ‘And the Merchants of the earth shall weep and sorrow over Her,
because their lading no one doth buy any more;

12 lading of gold, and silver, and precious stone and pearl
and fine linen and purple and silk and scarlet, and all thyne wood, and every vessel of ivory, and every vessel of most precious wood, and brass, and iron, and marble, 13 and cinnamon and odours and ointment and frankincense, and wine and oil and fine flour and wheat,
and cattle and sheep, and of horses and of chariots, and of bodies and souls of men.
===========================
Strong's Concordance with Hebrew and Greek Lexicon
"purple" AND "fine linen" occurs 103 times in 34 verses

The words "fine linen and puple" accord together in just 3 verses of the entire NT.....

This covenantle parable in Luke 16:19:

Lazarus and the Rich Man - Here a little, there a little - Commentary

Luke 16:19
A certain Man was rich and clothed in purple and fine linen
making-merry down to a-day, shiningly<2988> [Matt 22:11]

The clothing of the rich man identifies him symbolically with the people of Israel, chosen by God to be His special people. They were called to be a witness to the nations surrounding them, confirming the blessings available to those who would obey God and keep His laws. Unfortunately, they frequently did not live up to the high calling given to them by God.
=============================

Rev 18:
12 - “merchandise of gold and silver, precious stones and pearls, fine linen and purple, silk and scarlet,..............
16 - “and saying, ‘Alas, alas, that great City that was clothed in fine linen, purple, and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls!
========================
It is used mainly in Exodus............

1st 2 verses used:

Exo 25:4 “blue, purple, and scarlet thread, fine linen, and goats' hair;
Exo 26:1 “Moreover you shall make the tabernacle with ten curtains of fine woven linen, and blue, purple, and scarlet thread; with artistic designs of cherubim you shall weave them.

2 verses in Ezekiel of the major Prophets:

Eze 27:
7 Fine embroidered linen from Egypt was what you spread for your sail;
thou
16 “Syria/Aram was Thy merchant
from many of doings of Thee in abundance<5306>
emeralds<5306>, purple<713> and embroidery and fine linen<948> and corals, and rubies<3539> they gave in fairs of Thee.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Reve 18:16 "woe! woe! THE GREAT CITY arrayed with PURPLE AND FINE LINEN / JERUSALEM 70AD?

Now we take a look at this Woman in Revelation 17:
What great harlot Woman is shown in both Revelation and the OT.
JEZEBEL!

Revelation 2:20
But I am having against thou much.
That thou suffer the Woman/Wife of thee, Jezebel, the One saying herself a prophetess to be
and She is teaching and deceiving My bond-slaves to prostitute and to be eating idol-sacrifices.

Revelation 17:
6 And I saw the Woman being drunk<3184> with the blood of the Saints, and with the blood of the Witnesses of Jesus.
And having seen Her, I marvel<2296> with great wonder .
18 And the Woman <1135> whom thou saw is being the great City, having kingship over the kings of the land.”

Revelation 18:7
“In the measure that She glorified herself and lived luxuriously, in the same measure give Her torment and sorrow;

for She says in her heart, ‘I sit as Queen, and am no widow, and will not see sorrow.'

Lam 1:1
How deserted lies the City, once so full of people! How like a widow is she, who once was great among the nations!
She who was queen among the provinces has now become a slave.

She is Mentioned in only 1 and 2 Kings of the OT and 1 verse in the NT.

1 Kings 18:
1 And it came to pass after many days that the word of the LORD came to Elijah, in the third year, saying, “Go, present yourself to Ahab, and I will send rain on the earth.”
4 For so it was, while Jezebel massacred the prophets of the LORD,
that Obadiah had taken one hundred prophets and hidden them, fifty to a cave, and had fed them with bread and water.)

2 Kings 9:36
Therefore they came back and told him. And he said,
“This is the word of the LORD, which He spoke by His servant Elijah the Tishbite, saying,
On the plot of ground at Jezreel dogs shall eat the flesh of Jezebel;[fn]
‘and the corpse of Jezebel shall be as refuse on the surface of the field, in the plot at Jezreel, so that they shall not say, “Here lies Jezebel.” ' ”

Kindgdom Bible Studies Revelation Series

The church in Thyatira has a longer message delivered to it from Jesus Christ than any of the seven churches,...................

JEZEBEL
There is one name in the Bible that no parents would think to give to their daughter, and that name is Jezebel.
The name Jezebel sweeps across the pages of the Bible. The typical Jezebel of the Old Testament was the daughter of Ethbaal, king of Tyre and Sidon. The name Ethbaal means “with Baal.”
Prior to becoming king, Ethbaal was a priest to the goddess...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Similarity of Titus and the King of Babylon.........

Jer 27:
6 ‘And now I have given all these lands into the hand of Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon, My servant;
and the beasts of the field I have also given him to serve him
13 “Why will you die, you and your people, by the sword, by the famine, and by the pestilence, as the LORD has spoken against the nation that will not serve the king of Babylon?
14 “Therefore do not listen to the words of the prophets who speak to you, saying, ‘You shall not serve the king of Babylon,' for they prophesy a lie to you;
17 ‘Do not listen to them; serve the king of Babylon, and live! Why should this city be laid waste?

https://www.preteristarchive.com/JewishWars/timeline_military.html
"..probably the greatest single slaughter in ancient history."
ROMAN SIEGE AND SACK OF JERUSALEM

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD

Before their final demolition, however, Titus took, a. survey of the city and its fortifications
and while contemplating their impregnable strength, could not help ascribing his success to the peculiar interposition of the ALMIGHTY HIMSELF.
"Had not God himself (exclaimed he) aided out operations, and driven the Jews from their fortresses, it would have been absolutely impossible to have taken them ; for what could men, and the force of engines, have done against such towers as these ?" After this he commanded that the city should be commanded razed to its foundations

In executing the command of Titus, relative to the demolition of Jerusalem, the Roman soldiers not only threw down the buildings, but even dug up their foundations, and so completely levelled the whole circuit of the city, that a stranger would scarcely have known that it had ever been inhabited by human beings.
Thus was this great City, which only five months before, had been crowded with nearly two millions of people, who gloried in its impregnable strength, entirely depopulated, and levelled with the ground
============================

Luke 19:
41 And as He nears, beholding the City, and He laments on Her,
42 saying, "That if Thou knew and Thou, even indeed in the day, this, the toward peace of Thee,
now yet it was hid from Thy eyes.
43 That shall be arriving days upon Thee,
and Thy enemies shall be casting up a rampart/siege-work to Thee
and shall be encompassing Thee,
and pressing Thee from-every-side.
44 And shall be leveling Thee and Thy offspring in Thee,
and not shall be leaving stone upon stone in Thee,
stead which not Thou knew the season of the visitation<1984> of Thee".

Matthew 24:
1 And Jesus coming out, departed from the Temple.
And His Disciples approached Him to show to Him the buildings of the Temple.
2 And Jesus said to them, “ are ye not seeing all these?
Amen I am saying to ye,
not no may be being left here stone upon stone, which not shall be being thrown-down<2647>.”

Mark 13:
1 And He going forth out of the Temple, one of His Disciples is saying to Him “Teacher! behold! what manner of stones and what manner of buildings”
2 And Jesus answering said to him, “thou are beholding these, the great buildings.
Not no may be being left here stone upon stone which not no may be being thrown-down<2647>

Luke 21:
5 and of some saying concerning the Temple, that to goodly<2570> stones and votive-offerings<334> it has been adorned<2885>
6 “These which ye are beholding.Shall be coming days in which
not shall be being left stone upon stone here
which not shall be being thrown-down<2647>
===================================
302660_c2760f5cc7d57e7088338ce451af705b.jpg

Siege of Jerusalem (70 CE) - Wikipedia

Titus began his siege a few days before Passover, surrounding the city, with three legions (V Macedonica, XII Fulminata, XV Apollinaris) on the western side
and a fourth (X Fretensis) on the Mount of Olives to the east.
If the reference in his Jewish War at 6:421 is to Titus' siege, though difficulties exist with its interpretation, then at the time, according to Josephus, Jerusalem was thronged with many people who had come to celebrate Passover.[

map_legions mount of olives.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States