Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Then what about this?

John 12:
46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

I sure don't see the OT anywhere in the mix.

Like I said, the OT is gray at best, the world in darkness. Jesus is the light. No one comes to the Father but by him. Seeking God the Father through the OT is futile.

This is my belief, and anyone can disagree, as they are free to choose.

Luk 24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
Luk 24:26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?
Luk 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

Luk 16:29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
Luk 16:30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
Luk 16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Mar 10:17 And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?
Mar 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.
Mar 10:19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.
Mar 10:20 And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth.
Mar 10:21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.

Upvote 0

Hethatreadethit

ClintR
Site Supporter
Dec 7, 2016
Foristell Mo.
✟118,834.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus said that the Hebrew fathers did not get their bread (knowledge) from Heaven and they died. John 6:58
Jesus said his bread (knowledge) was from Heaven, and was life. John 6:32

I don't want the knowledge that leads to death. I want the knowledge that leads to life.

Paul makes it clear:
Colossians 2
2 For I would that ye knew what great conflict I have for you, and for them at Laodicea, and for as many as have not seen my face in the flesh;
2 That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;
3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

The Spirit of Truth wasn't present in the OT. It was sent by Jesus. Jesus said the Spirit of Truth would teach us.

John 15:
25 But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.
26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
Mar 10:17 And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?
Mar 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.
Mar 10:19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.
Mar 10:20 And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth.
Mar 10:21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge
27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

Trying to use the Spirit of Truth as a testament of the OT is futile. The Spirit of Truth is Father and Son. Son is the only Truth we see and hear.

Romans 8

3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

OT= physical
Gospel= spiritual

Flesh dies
Spirit lives.

This hidden wisdom was God's Word

Deu 4:5 Behold, I have taught you statutes and judgments, even as the LORD my God commanded me, that ye should do so in the land whither ye go to possess it.
Deu 4:6 Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.
Deu 4:7 For what nation is there so great, who hath God so nigh unto them, as the LORD our God is in all things that we call upon him for?
Deu 4:8 And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day?
Deu 4:9 Only take heed to thyself, and keep thy soul diligently, lest thou forget the things which thine eyes have seen, and lest they depart from thy heart all the days of thy life: but teach them thy sons, and thy sons' sons;

This was spoken to Christ

Upvote 0

Hethatreadethit

ClintR
Site Supporter
Dec 7, 2016
Foristell Mo.
✟118,834.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I'm not sure about your question, but I think the referral to THE LAW as the Mosaic Law is disrespectful. From a humble position, all of God's Word and His commandments were wondrous, says the tool of His
Creator and User. The mind of man is most haughty and does not seek after the knowledge of God, so it creates a synthetic righteousness to prosper of it's own will (sin).

Upvote 0

Hethatreadethit

ClintR
Site Supporter
Dec 7, 2016
Foristell Mo.
✟118,834.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Then what about this?

John 12:
46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

I sure don't see the OT anywhere in the mix.

Like I said, the OT is gray at best, the world in darkness. Jesus is the light. No one comes to the Father but by him. Seeking God the Father through the OT is futile.

This is my belief, and anyone can disagree, as they are free to choose.

Gray is a color of confusion between the sight of the blind and the light of day. You need the light of understanding, and then you and I will agree. But lots of people never desire to go past the teachings of the world trapped on the dark side.

Joh 9:4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

Vast darkness is all around the world, a desolation to all the confused:

Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken

You know this is a spiritual message, because not even flesh could exist in this condition.

Upvote 0

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
This hidden wisdom was God's Word

Deu 4:5 Behold, I have taught you statutes and judgments, even as the LORD my God commanded me, that ye should do so in the land whither ye go to possess it.
Deu 4:6 Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.
Deu 4:7 For what nation is there so great, who hath God so nigh unto them, as the LORD our God is in all things that we call upon him for?
Deu 4:8 And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day?
Deu 4:9 Only take heed to thyself, and keep thy soul diligently, lest thou forget the things which thine eyes have seen, and lest they depart from thy heart all the days of thy life: but teach them thy sons, and thy sons' sons;

This was spoken to Christ

This is jibberish. Rather than statutes for "nations" seek out spiritual truth. These are dead words (to me). Adding to the two commandments Jesus said were "his", this makes no sense.

Unless you understand that there are two Gods, and identify them through spiritual knowledge, you will blindly follow a false god (angel that appears as light). Only Jesus taught of the true God and glorified him.

Upvote 0

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Gray is a color of confusion between the sight of the blind and the light of day. You need the light of understanding, and then you and I will agree. But lots of people never desire to go past the teachings of the world trapped on the dark side.

Joh 9:4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

Vast darkness is all around the world, a desolation to all the confused:

Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken

You know this is a spiritual message, because not even flesh could exist in this condition.
Then why does Jesus say to flee Judaea?

Matthew: Jesus is speaking of the great tribulation (of the Jews). Matthew was written for (extensively) the Jews. I see Jesus speaking of the Siege of Jerusalem.

John: Jews believed that people who were blind, deaf, etc. were ones who were punished for sin.
If you read the next verse, after what you quoted, it explains what Jesus meant when he said the night comes. (the Light would leave the world). It had nothing to do with sunrise and sunset. Those are physical.

Upvote 0

Hethatreadethit

ClintR
Site Supporter
Dec 7, 2016
Foristell Mo.
✟118,834.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Then why does Jesus say to flee Judaea?

Matthew: Jesus is speaking of the great tribulation (of the Jews). Matthew was written for (extensively) the Jews. I see Jesus speaking of the Siege of Jerusalem.

John: Jews believed that people who were blind, deaf, etc. were ones who were punished for sin.
If you read the next verse, after what you quoted, it explains what Jesus meant when he said the night comes. (the Light would leave the world). It had nothing to do with sunrise and sunset. Those are physical.

The Father, who wrote the OT, wrote it with the intentions that His Son would receive and DO the instructions thereof. I'm sure that God does not give instructions that He, himself does not follow.

Joh 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

The Father wrote it and did it, the Son saw it and did it.
IT"S THAT EASY!

Upvote 0

Hethatreadethit

ClintR
Site Supporter
Dec 7, 2016
Foristell Mo.
✟118,834.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Father wrote it and did it, the Son saw it and did it.
IT"S THAT EASY!

I see. No reason to remain in the controversial threads are there?

I'll move elsewhere during my short time here.

Thank you for your time.
Best wishes

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums