YAHWEH's Witness
Apr 9, 2004
Southern California
✟860.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
His name is Yahweh. The name of our Father is translated as LORD or GOD in the King James Bible around 6, 833 times in the Old Testament. Any good concordance such as the Strong's Exhaustive Concordance will confirm this fact for you. Or you can learn to read Hebrew and pick up a Tanakh if you're really interested. (Just so you know, I can read and write Hebrew, and I own a copy of the JPS Hebrew-English Tanakh.)

This is a vital passage in the second book of the Torah which all true children of Yahweh should lay to heart.

KJV Exodus 3:13-15
13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?
14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: (Ehyeh-Asher-Ehyeh) and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM (Ehyeh) hath sent me unto you.
15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God (Yahweh Elohim) of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

That should say it all.

Ebed-Yahweh

YAHWEH's Witness
Apr 9, 2004
Southern California
✟860.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Here are just a few verses which serve to illustrate the point I made previously:

KJV Psalms 7:17 I will praise the LORD (Yahweh) according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD (Yahweh) most high.

KJV Psalms 8:1 O LORD (Yahweh), our Lord (Adon), how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens.

KJV Psalms 8:9 O LORD (Yahweh) our Lord (Adon), how excellent is thy name in all the earth!

KJV Psalms 9:10 And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD (Yahweh), hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

KJV Psalms 20:1 The LORD (Yahweh) hear thee in the day of trouble; the name of the God of Jacob defend thee;

KJV Psalms 20:7 Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD (Yahweh) our God.

KJV Psalms 22:22 I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee.

KJV Psalms 29:2 Give unto the LORD (Yahweh) the glory due unto his name; worship the LORD (Yahweh) in the beauty of holiness.

KJV Psalms 33:21 For our heart shall rejoice in him, because we have trusted in his holy name.

KJV Psalms 34:3 O magnify the LORD (Yahweh) with me, and let us exalt his name together.

KJV Psalms 44:5 Through thee will we push down our enemies: through thy name will we tread them under that rise up against us.

KJV Psalms 44:8 In God we boast all the day long, and praise thy name for ever. Selah.

KJV Psalms 44:20-21
20 If we have forgotten the name of our God, or stretched out our hands to a strange God;
21 Shall not God search this out? for he knoweth the secrets of the heart.

KJV Psalms 45:17 I will make thy name to be remembered in all generations: therefore shall the people praise thee for ever and ever.

KJV Psalms 48:10 According to thy name, O God, so is thy praise unto the ends of the earth: thy right hand is full of righteousness.

KJV Psalms 52:9 I will praise thee for ever, because thou hast done it: and I will wait on thy name; for it is good before thy saints.

KJV Psalms 74:18 Remember this, that the enemy hath reproached, O LORD (Yahweh), and that the foolish people have blasphemed thy name.

KJV Psalms 91:14-16
14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation (Yahshua - the true Hebrew name of the Son and human incarnation of Yahweh Elohim).

There are plenty of more verses like these, but hopefully this will be enough to help you understand.

Upvote 0

Ebed-Yahweh

YAHWEH's Witness
Apr 9, 2004
Southern California
✟860.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Praise Yahweh indeed! It's of vital importance that we spread the principal of using God's true name, Yahweh, to as many of our brothers and sisters as possible. We are commanded by the Father in his Word to use His name in prayer and worship. This is not an option, it is a necessity. Especially in these last days when there are so many false prophets and anti-christs at work among the flock, deceiving and being deceived.

The words god, lord, father, and master can be directed toward anyone or anything. They are merely titles. Yes, we know who we are addressing them in our hearts, but how do we know which deity other people are addressing their words and praises towards? People are so confused nowadays that many believe Allah and the God of the Bible are one and the same! (I know basic Arabic, I've read the Koran - in English - and I know that idea is pure nonsense. Allah is not Yahweh. And neither are God or Lord proper names of the One True God. Again, they are only titles. God's name is Yahweh, now and forever.)

KJV Jeremiah 23:25-32
25 I have heard what the prophets said, that prophesy lies in my name, saying, I have dreamed, I have dreamed.
26 How long shall this be in the heart of the prophets that prophesy lies? yea, they are prophets of the deceit of their own heart;
27 Which think to cause my people to forget my name by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbour, as their fathers have forgotten my name for Baal (lord in Hebrew).
28 The prophet that hath a dream, let him tell a dream; and he that hath my word, let him speak my word faithfully. What is the chaff to the wheat? saith the Lord.
29 Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD (Yahweh); and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?
30 Therefore, behold, I am against the prophets, saith the LORD (Yahweh), that steal my words every one from his neighbour.
31 Behold, I am against the prophets, saith the LORD (Yahweh), that use their tongues, and say, He saith.
32 Behold, I am against them that prophesy false dreams, saith the LORD (Yahweh), and do tell them, and cause my people to err by their lies, and by their lightness; yet I sent them not, nor commanded them: therefore they shall not profit this people at all, saith the LORD (Yahweh).

However the reverent use of God's true name, Yahweh, in word and prayer, is a much surer sign that a person is a true believer and a child of light.

KJV Revelation 14:1
And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

The name of the Father, Yahweh, and the name of the Son, Yahshua (Hebrew for salvation of Yah), cannot be taken in vain by any man or spirit for long. Either the use of these names will lead to salvation, or else to judgement (if they are used despitefully and/or deceitfully). Another thing of which we can be sure, there is only one Yahweh Elohim, and he will not give his glory to another.

KJV Isaiah 42:8 I am the LORD (Yahweh): that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

Upvote 0

eutychus

the phlegmatic one
Feb 7, 2004
Louisville
Visit site
✟16,062.00
Faith
Calvinist
Politics
US-Others
There are a few names God is called in the Bible, each with a different meaning determining the relationship at the moment and other events.

Elohim to demonstrate God's power and transcendence (in our Bibles, when it says God).

Yahweh, God's personal name, used to expres his relationships to his chosen people, translated "He is" (emphasized in our Bibles when it says LORD).

Adonai to express Yahweh's Lordship.

IMNot-so-H opinion, all of these names need to be used carefully and not flippantly. However, if you are born of God, you are his child, and therefore have the intimacy and priviledge of speaking with these names with God, then I think it should be done.

Praise Elohim for his magnificent, indescribable power
Cherish Adonai, and the priviledge given to use his name

Cheers and Thanksgiving as God's names are praised!

Upvote 0

Ebed-Yahweh

YAHWEH's Witness
Apr 9, 2004
Southern California
✟860.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Elohim is not a name. It is the Hebrew title which is translated "God", "god', or "gods". Angels of Yahweh (messengers/extra-dimensional beings) and pagan gods are sometimes described using this term.

Adon is another title which means "lord". Adonai simply means "my lord". Humans may also be addressed by this title, as they often are in the Old Testament.

Yahweh is the only name which may only be used for the Father of our souls, the One True Lord, God, and Master of all creation and existence.

Any child of Yahweh, any man, woman, or child on this earth who has accepted Yahshua as the Son of God (Ben-Elohim), their personal Lord (Adon) and Savior, may freely use His name. Yahweh loves his children. Those of His children who return His love will most certainly use His name with the proper reverence it deserves.

Certainly we should never forget:

KJV Proverbs 1:7
The fear of the LORD (Yahweh) is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Refusal to use Yahweh's name by one who claims to be His child is nothing but a false pretense to humility.

Praise be to Yahweh and His Son Yahshua forever!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ebed-Yahweh

YAHWEH's Witness
Apr 9, 2004
Southern California
✟860.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I understand. Many demonically-inpsired false teachers, and those whom they have maliciously deceived, are constantly trying to discourage Yahweh's children from using His true name, and they employ many different strategies in order to effect this goal. But I consider it one of my duties to help my fellow brothers and sisters to see through this particular Satanic lie. That is why I chose the name Ebed-Yahweh, which means servant of Yahweh in Hebrew.

KJV Psalms 45:17 I will make thy name to be remembered in all generations: therefore shall the people praise thee for ever and ever.

Btw, here is the address for a website which has more information along these lines:

hebrewmessianic.org/yhwh_yahshua.htm

I hope that will be of some use to you.

Upvote 0

Dad Ernie

Nov 28, 2003
Salem, Oregon, USA
Visit site
✟2,980.00
Faith
Protestant
Greetings Ebed,

Did you also post this "stuff" on the Worthy Forum? I have already addressed this issue there, but in short, can you tell me where Paul mentioned Yahweh in his preaching about the "unknown god" in Acts 17. What "name" did he use?

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Upvote 0

Hix

Zionist Jew
Dec 29, 2003
✟17,284.00
Faith
Judaism
Politics
UK-Conservative
Ebed-Yahweh said:
His name is Yahweh. The name of our Father is translated as LORD or GOD in the King James Bible around 6, 833 times in the Old Testament. Any good concordance such as the Strong's Exhaustive Concordance will confirm this fact for you. Or you can learn to read Hebrew and pick up a Tanakh if you're really interested. (Just so you know, I can read and write Hebrew, and I own a copy of the JPS Hebrew-English Tanakh.)

This is a vital passage in the second book of the Torah which all true children of Yahweh should lay to heart.

KJV Exodus 3:13-15
13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?
14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: (Ehyeh-Asher-Ehyeh) and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM (Ehyeh) hath sent me unto you.
15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God (Yahweh Elohim) of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

That should say it all.

You must be a sacred namer. BTW if you are insistant on using G-ds name, why do you misspell it? It is spelled Yod-Hah-Vav-Hah which is YHVH, with no W in it. LOL I find that humorous actually.

Upvote 0

Ebed-Yahweh

YAHWEH's Witness
Apr 9, 2004
Southern California
✟860.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Waw is the 6th letter of the Hebrew alphabet. The "V" sound was not attached to this letter until more modern times.

You might want to examine the following websites:

http://www.jafi.org.il/education/jewish/expl.html
http://www.derech.org/waw.html

This is from the Encyclopedia Britannica:

"Yahweh, the God of the Israelites, his name being revealed to Moses as four Hebrew CONSONANTS (YHWH) CALLED THE TETRAGRAMMATON. AFTER THE EXILE (6TH CENTURY BC), and especially from the 3rd century BC on, Jews ceased to use the name Yahweh for two reasons. As Judaism became a universal religion through its proselytizing in the Greco-Roman world, the more common noun elohim, meaning "god," tended to replace Yahweh to demonstrate the universal sovereignty of Israel's God over all others. At the same time, the divine name was increasingly regarded as too sacred to be uttered [an unscriptural superstition]; it was thus replaced vocally in the synagogue ritual by the Hebrew word Adonai ("My Lord"), which was translated as Kyrios ("Lord") in the Septuagint, the Greek version of the Old Testament.

The Masoretes, who from about the 6th to the 10th century worked to reproduce the original text of the Hebrew Bible, replaced the vowels of the name YHWH with the vowel signs of the Hebrew words Adonai ("Lord", editor) or Elohim ("God", editor). Thus, the artificial name Jehovah (YeHoWaH) (emphasis ours, ed.) came into being. Although Christian scholars after the Renaissance and Reformation periods used the term Jehovah for YHWH, in the 19th and 20th centuries biblical scholars again began to use the form Yahweh. Early Christian writers, such as Clement of Alexandria in the 2nd century, had used a form like Yahweh, and this pronunciation of the Tetragrammaton was never really lost. Other Greek transcriptions also indicated that YHWH should be pronounced Yahweh".

Dad Ernie, do you not find this verse of significance?

Revelaton 14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dad Ernie

Nov 28, 2003
Salem, Oregon, USA
Visit site
✟2,980.00
Faith
Protestant
Greetings Ebed,

Dad Ernie, do you not find this verse of significance?

Revelaton 14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads

And so by this, you have determined that the Hebrew Yahweh is the ONLY WAY to address God? Sorry, I just don't buy your interpretation.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

P.S. To get to Worthy Forum:

http://www.worthyboards.com/

Upvote 0

Ebed-Yahweh

YAHWEH's Witness
Apr 9, 2004
Southern California
✟860.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Dad Ernie, I never said Yahweh is the only way to address God. I did not intend for anyone to misconstrue my posts in that matter. But Yahweh is our Father's personal name and He makes numerous commands in His Word for His children to make use of it. Just get a Strong's Exhaustive Concordance and look up "name". You'll find this truth to be inescapable. I'm just trying to share what Yahweh has taught me that's all. It's not as if His name is a secret. For example, I learned that Yahweh was God's name in seventh grade (at age twelve) when I read about the Hebrews in my world history class. But I didn't start using it until a few years ago, especially after I found out that His name is written in his Word around 6,833 times. That cannot be without significance.

Helpmee and to all others who hold this viewpoint, I have already addressed that matter in earlier posts. Yahweh is the correct pronunciation of God's name, the Tetragrammaton, YHWH. I would appreciate it if everyone would read the entirety of this thread before posting. Constant repetition is the principal way Satanic lies are spread. Only by avoiding logical reasoning, appealing to so-called 'higher authorities', and somehow hiding or corrupting the truth can the lie triumph.

KJV Galatians 5:9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

Words and ideas must be 100% true. Just 1% lie mixed into it will slowly begin to corrupt it. That is why righteousness is compared with whiteness and purity.

KJV Matthew 16:6 Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

KJV Matthew 16:11-12
11How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning bread, that ye should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees?
12 Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees

KJV Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

FreeinChrist, why do you ask?

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have a question.
In the following passage, we read a quote from Joel which says "whosoever shall call upon the name of the lord shall be saved..."

Romans 10:9-13 KJV
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Of course in the OT book of Joel in Hebrew it reads:

Joel 2:32 WEB
32 It will happen that whoever will call on the name of Yahweh shall be saved;...

in this case:
יהוה ... or yehôvâh is used in the place of Lord....

Am I to understand that in this verse "Lord" is used as a title, and the actual name we are to call upon is "Jesus"?
Because that is exactly what Romans 10 sounds like it is saying. It sounds like we are to call on the name of the Lord... and and Lord's name is Jesus.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.