Faith Shield

Oct 22, 2014
United Kingdom
✟8,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In the New Testament the word “life” is often a translation of the Greek word “zoe”, which means “the life of God.” Zoe can relate to a being “existing” – but I believe there is more to it than that. For me, zoe refers to all-round wholeness and wellbeing: spiritually, mentally, emotionally and physically. This is freedom from the curse of the law. When Jesus says He is the Bread of Life – He meant that He is our source of this God-kind of life.

The Bible talks about being dead in transgressions and sins. Obviously, this does not refer to being physically dead – but spiritually dead. I used to struggle with depression and anxiety for years. During that time it felt like I was dead on the inside. I wonder if God was giving me some kind of revelation of what it’s like to be dead in transgressions and sins? When I was baptised in the Holy Spirit – it felt like I was alive on the inside – alive in Christ. I believe this is zoe and that joy is the result of being alive emotionally.

Kenneth E. Hagin wrote a book called Zoe: The Life of God. Hagin suggests that zoe relates to more than being alive – that it is God’s life-giving power which can transform people’s lives. He gave an anecdote of how a girl with special needs was transformed into an entrepreneur. Hagin believes that it was the God-kind of life that transformed the girl.

It seems to me that Word of Faith teaching seems to be almost exclusively based on faith for healing and finances. Yet faith teachers like Hagin say that the same concepts he teaches can be applied to anything else the Bible promises believers. So I just wonder why we don’t hear more about people who apply faith for the God-kind of life? We hear many anecdotes about physical healing – but what about mental and emotional healing?

I’m keen to know what other people think about zoe. Do you believe it simply refers to physical existence? Or do you believe, like myself and Kenneth Hagin, that it is the power of God to transform lives? Have you applied zoe to your life by faith?

Reactions: psalms 91

victoryword

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
Visit site
✟20,370.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
E. W. Kenyon had also written a book similar to Dad Hagin's called "The Two Kinds of Life"

https://www.kenyons.org/TheTwoKindsofLifeBook.html

Both books are great though Dad Hagin's is probably easier to read for the current generation of believers. However, this was a theme you would find taught even in classic books written by Andrew Murray, A. B. Simpson, F. B. Meyer and especially Watchman Nee.

The fact is God is life and anything apart from Him is death. It may be physically alive, or rather, having some animation, but it is corrupting without God's ZOE. ZOE is INCORRUPTIBLE life. It is eternal and never ceasing.

Yes, these are important truths that the Faith Movement has gotten away from in its pursuit of the benefits that God offers. Of course we are not to forget His benefits (Psalm 103) but we need to remeber that one of them is that ZOE God-kind of life.

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
E. W. Kenyon had also written a book similar to Dad Hagin's called "The Two Kinds of Life"

Both books are great though Dad Hagin's is probably easier to read for the current generation of believers. However, this was a theme you would find taught even in classic books written by Andrew Murray, A. B. Simpson, F. B. Meyer and especially Watchman Nee.

The fact is God is life and anything apart from Him is death. It may be physically alive, or rather, having some animation, but it is corrupting without God's ZOE. ZOE is INCORRUPTIBLE life. It is eternal and never ceasing.

Thanks for the references. :wave:

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
In the New Testament the word “life” is often a translation of the Greek word “zoe”, which means “the life of God.” Zoe can relate to a being “existing” – but I believe there is more to it than that. For me, zoe refers to all-round wholeness and wellbeing: spiritually, mentally, emotionally and physically. This is freedom from the curse of the law. When Jesus says He is the Bread of Life – He meant that He is our source of this God-kind of life.

The Bible talks about being dead in transgressions and sins. Obviously, this does not refer to being physically dead – but spiritually dead. I used to struggle with depression and anxiety for years. During that time it felt like I was dead on the inside. I wonder if God was giving me some kind of revelation of what it’s like to be dead in transgressions and sins? When I was baptised in the Holy Spirit – it felt like I was alive on the inside – alive in Christ. I believe this is zoe and that joy is the result of being alive emotionally.

Kenneth E. Hagin wrote a book called Zoe: The Life of God. Hagin suggests that zoe relates to more than being alive – that it is God’s life-giving power which can transform people’s lives. He gave an anecdote of how a girl with special needs was transformed into an entrepreneur. Hagin believes that it was the God-kind of life that transformed the girl.

It seems to me that Word of Faith teaching seems to be almost exclusively based on faith for healing and finances. Yet faith teachers like Hagin say that the same concepts he teaches can be applied to anything else the Bible promises believers. So I just wonder why we don’t hear more about people who apply faith for the God-kind of life? We hear many anecdotes about physical healing – but what about mental and emotional healing?

I’m keen to know what other people think about zoe. Do you believe it simply refers to physical existence? Or do you believe, like myself and Kenneth Hagin, that it is the power of God to transform lives? Have you applied zoe to your life by faith?

Yes. :wave:

The ZOE of God is what transforms us from the inside out.

Copeland calls it living from the inside out.

IF you have any good news to share on this topic, share away my brother. :wave:

We can never overdose on good news.

Testimony:
I've lived life by my power, and disappointed myself and others.

When I gave up on myself, my faith, my ability, etc, and started to use God's faith, zoe life, ability, etc. things started to work better.

I now think of myself as a container carrying around the HOLY ONE who operates through me to HIS glory (as long as I keep this in mind).

IOW, He's the greater ONE, and everything good comes through Him.

I'm the minor one, and can only be a conduit for the Lord to do as He wants.

When my eyes get off the LORD, His words, His indwelling ability, I slip back into ineffectiveness.

It's a constant reminder to live life the way the Lord Jesus Christ did:

"I can of Myself do nothing." - John 5:30

Upvote 0
W

wayne blair

This thing is all impartation, not imitation. Greater is He that liveth in me. But it is a short hop from this to self-reliance once again. Therefore the trials are allowed. No victory teaching will convince me that hardship is always a shortcoming of faith. We come through with a new audacity and working record with our attentive Elder Brother Jesus...Might I bless you with an ebook? Go to issuu dot com slash dewane and look for the title Second Crop... (Doug) Wayne Blair, Waterloo Ontario

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
This thing is all impartation, not imitation. Greater is He that liveth in me. But it is a short hop from this to self-reliance once again.

Impartation vs imitation is a good way to differentiate it. :wave:

The Holy Spirit living inside me is the ONE whom I can yield to, and allow Him to operate through me.

EG. When I struggle in the flesh (body and soul) with attitudes, desires, behaviors, etc that disobey or dishonor the Lord, I used to try to "make" myself behave differently.

Now, I present myself to the Lord and say "change me", "take this out of me", "You do it through me because I can't do it like You can do it", etc.

I find the zoe life ability of God is sufficient to transform me from the inside out, so I can walk free from the power of the flesh.

Upvote 0
W

wayne blair

You soak in Him. You pray in His Name. You read His Gospels. You speak with other trusted friends in faith about Him. Like the sponge immersed in great waters and soaking, you become the SEE. Consequently when questions or challenges arise your response and resultant action or stillness is His Knee Jerk. That is walking in the Spirit so as not to fulfill the lusts of the flesh. Forget the ethics and the to-do lists that fill up so many preachers' heads. Another ebook for you at issuu dot com slash dewane entitled Ripped By the Passion.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

The fact is God is life and anything apart from Him is death. OnIt may be physically alive, or rather, having some animation, but it is corrupting without God's ZOE. ZOE is INCORRUPTIBLE life. It is eternal and never ceasing.

Yes, these are important truths that the Faith Movement has gotten away from in its pursuit of the benefits that God offers. Of course we are not to forget His benefits (Psalm 103) but we need to remeber that one of them is that ZOE God-kind of life.

Question: Your statement [The fact is God is life and anything apart from Him is death. ] Do you consider the statements following this sentence your opinions,based on Normative relativism?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Acts: 8. 19. Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost. 20. But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money. 21. Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God. 22. Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee. - Bible Offline

Upvote 0
W

wayne blair

Dids: There is a possibility of charismatic enthusiasts not leaving the yardstick of scripture as it puts its interpretation and balance upon manifestation and giftings. Cling to that possibility and lose out on nothing..WB

I remember a kind man of Reform persuasion hearing of my coming to Christ and wanting to put the fear in me about anything charismatic. I didn't buy it...still don't. WB

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In the New Testament the word “life” is often a translation of the Greek word “zoe”, which means “the life of God.”
Jesus Himself in us is "our life" (Colossians 3:4); Jesus is "the way, the truth, and the life" (John 14:6); and Jesus in us (Galatians 2:20, 4:19) shares with us how He is and how He relates with and submits to and pleases our Heavenly Father, and in us He shares with us how He loves any and all people :)

Zoe can relate to a being “existing” – but I believe there is more to it than that.
So, the name of our life is Jesus :) And yes He is not only "existing", but "The last Adam became a life-giving spirit." (1 Corinthians 15:45) Jesus in us is "life-giving", making us also life-giving > we can minister God's own grace to one another > 1 Peter 4:9-10. I mean grace which is the effect of God's own love (Romans 5:5) changing us to become more "as He is" "in this world" (1 John 4:17).

"We have this power with each other, in His love."

For me, zoe refers to all-round wholeness and wellbeing: spiritually, mentally, emotionally and physically. This is freedom from the curse of the law. When Jesus says He is the Bread of Life – He meant that He is our source of this God-kind of life.
We're all "members of one another" (Romans 12:5, Ephesians 4:25) flowing with His love blood to one another; we are growing together in Christ and how He has us loving. So, we are not whole unto our own selves, then, but as members of each other > "of His flesh and of His bones" (Ephesians 5:30)

The Bible talks about being dead in transgressions and sins. Obviously, this does not refer to being physically dead – but spiritually dead.
"But she who lives in pleasure is dead while she lives." (1 Timothy 5:6) In living for pleasure, we can be love-dead, because we are alive to pleasure instead of personally submitting to our Father and how He personally rules each of us in His peace >

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)
I used to struggle with depression and anxiety for years. During that time it felt like I was dead on the inside. I wonder if God was giving me some kind of revelation of what it’s like to be dead in transgressions and sins?
My depression and anxiety were along with how I was concerned with what was happening around me, instead of first being attentive and submissive to God. I was under the power of things and people in my life, and Paul says, "I will not be brought under the power of any," in 1 Corinthians 6:12 > see also 2 Corinthians 6:12 :))

Weakness for pleasures can help to keep us weak enough so we can suffer pain, also.

When I was baptised in the Holy Spirit – it felt like I was alive on the inside – alive in Christ. I believe this is zoe and that joy is the result of being alive emotionally.
"God is love" (in 1 John 4:8&16). Love has feelings and emotions :) But . . .

"rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." (1 Peter 3:4)

To me, this means God's love has us being pleasing and beautiful to our Father in "a gentle and quiet spirit". So, we are first about being pleasing to our Father, in order to love Him by being gentle and quiet . . . "but the way He makes us become gentle and quiet in our character."

I was considered maybe to have "Asperger's" and be a schizophrenic. I kept discovering how different things of my wrong personality had something to do with being selfish. As I got into seeking God to correct me (Hebrews 12:6-11) to find out how to love, a lot of things went away. So, love life is the main changer, I would say :)

It seems to me that Word of Faith teaching seems to be almost exclusively based on faith for healing and finances.
As a guest here and a "guest" of TV "word of faith" ministering, I would say a number of TV people talk a lot about getting healed, and sending in money so God will give you money for doing what is for His kingdom. Ones maybe are now "clever" enough to say the money you reap is not for you but for God's work. But I might ask, if God knows He can trust you to use your money for Him, why do you need to first send some somewhere, in order to get what you will use for Him? :)

Even so, I do not let any "word of faith" person speak for all. Each person can speak for oneself.

Jesus says, "Freely you have received, freely give." (in Matthew 10:8) So, I am concerned about how certain people, not all, may require that you give them money before they will give you things of their ministering. I don't think a child of our Father is supposed to make his or her own brothers and sisters pay money for what our Father has to say and sing and play and pray for us. We are family, in Jesus. And surely the Holy Spirit is able to lead obedient children to give what is needed, without these freely giving children requiring that they get some "gift" in return. So, I am concerned and "curious", about certain people who claim to be "word of faith" but they do not obviously make sure they are an example of freely giving, which the word of Jesus says to do, in Matthew 10:8.

"If we can speak into existence, we can speak into existence that people will give all that God knows is needed, without requiring them to pay for things of ministry."

Yet faith teachers like Hagin say that the same concepts he teaches can be applied to anything else the Bible promises believers. So I just wonder why we don’t hear more about people who apply faith for the God-kind of life? We hear many anecdotes about physical healing – but what about mental and emotional healing?
yes

But Christian healing does not only heal me to my own self and personality, but into how all of us Jesus people are "members of one another" (Romans 12:5, Ephesians 4:25). And we grow together with each other > the shoulder can not become stronger without the heart becoming stronger, and the liver and bones and all else gain correction and maturity together as the one body of Jesus > only God our Father can keep track of all this and make this happen ! ! ! :)

Included in our healing into His love is how we relate in His love >

"with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love," (Ephesians 4:2)

This shows how we become because of God's correctional (Hebrews 12:6-11) healing in us > so we are gentle and humble like Jesus and have "longsuffering" in our relating with one another. But this comes with learning how to relate with each other. So, we need to do this in real life with other children of God. For me, "all lowliness and gentleness" includes gentle and humble emotions and thinking and reacting in our relating. We won't get this healing by sending in money to a TV person. This comes with major correction in our character, I consider and offer in prayer :)

I’m keen to know what other people think about zoe.
You ask this in the "Word of Faith" section. You might put this where others would feel more free to contribute, plus you could do some outreach sharing with our guest agnostics and atheists and humanists and others who may join-in in certain threads, like "Unorthodox" if you want some "real" participation :) lololololololol
Do you believe it simply refers to physical existence?
Like I said, zoe means Jesus :)
Or do you believe, like myself and Kenneth Hagin, that it is the power of God to transform lives? Have you applied zoe to your life by faith?
Jesus is "the power of God and the wisdom of God" (in 1 Corinthians 1:24).

Upvote 0

victoryword

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
Visit site
✟20,370.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Question: Your statement [The fact is God is life and anything apart from Him is death. ] Do you consider the statements following this sentence your opinions,based on Normative relativism?

Not sure what you mean by "normative relativism" but the Bible is clear that Anything minus God equals DEATH. Our sins separate us from God:

Isaiah 59:1-2
1 Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:
2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.
Other passages tell us that sin is living in death. Ephesians 2:1-5 was already quoted by the OP. Here are a couple more:

Colossians 2:13
13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses

1 Timothy 5:5-6
5 Now she that is a widow indeed, and desolate, trusteth in God, and continueth in supplications and prayers night and day.
6 But she that liveth in pleasure is dead while she liveth.
The understanding of the so-called mystery of evil is in understanding this truth - a sinful creation separated from the only person who can give it ZOE. The whole mystery concerning God's love and goodness is resolved by the fact that Jesus died and RESSURECTED on behalf of a dead creation in order to restore it to life - reconcile it to the Father.

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
The Bible is clear that Anything minus God equals DEATH. Our sins separate us from God:

Isaiah 59:1-2
1 Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:
2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.
Other passages tell us that sin is living in death. Ephesians 2:1-5 was already quoted by the OP. Here are a couple more:

Colossians 2:13
13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses

1 Timothy 5:5-6
5 Now she that is a widow indeed, and desolate, trusteth in God, and continueth in supplications and prayers night and day.
6 But she that liveth in pleasure is dead while she liveth.
The understanding of the so-called mystery of evil is in understanding this truth - a sinful creation separated from the only person who can give it ZOE. The whole mystery concerning God's love and goodness is resolved by the fact that Jesus died and RESSURECTED on behalf of a dead creation in order to restore it to life - reconcile it to the Father.
:thumbsup:

Very good word.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Faith Shield

Oct 22, 2014
United Kingdom
✟8,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I'd forgotten about Kenyon's book - I'll have to have a read of that.

I agree that many in the Faith Movement have veered away from the pursuit of life even though Paul told us to "lay hold on eternal life"; and the Lord said to "seek first the Kingdom of God", which is within us. I feel that many have been distracted by the pursuit of power, achievement and material things. I'll confess that I did in the past. We ought to put spiritual things before material things. We also find people pursuing spiritual power merely as a means of attaining material things and achievement. We all seek happiness and fulfilment, zoe life can give us that, but we seek it through material and physical means instead. The Faith Movement needs to get back to focusing on faith for the spiritual promises in God's Word. I also feel that people shun pursuing spiritual things, because it is often seen as being nothing more than fanciful, spiritual sounding words. If people could find true unconditional happiness and fulfilment through faith - that would be something! I believe zoe life holds the key to this gift.

Upvote 0

Faith Shield

Oct 22, 2014
United Kingdom
✟8,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Holy Spirit living inside me is the ONE whom I can yield to, and allow Him to operate through me.

EG. When I struggle in the flesh (body and soul) with attitudes, desires, behaviors, etc that disobey or dishonor the Lord, I used to try to "make" myself behave differently.

Now, I present myself to the Lord and say "change me", "take this out of me", "You do it through me because I can't do it like You can do it", etc.

I find the zoe life ability of God is sufficient to transform me from the inside out, so I can walk free from the power of the flesh.

This is exactly what I want and need. But I'll admit that I can't seem to experience this zoe nearly as much as I would like to and need to. I want zoe to be a real experience in my life and not just a subject to study.

In 1997 I was baptised in the Holy Spirit. Until that time I had been struggling with depression and anxiety since childhood. But that evening when the Holy Spirit came into my life - I was transformed. I felt peaceful, happy and satisfied - I felt alive! During that time I wanted for nothing - He was all I needed. I no longer lusted or coveted. This impartation lasted about 2 months, after which the old, negative thoughts and emotions came creeping back. I was never the same after that, the worst of the depression and anxiety had gone for good; but I still struggle from time to time with bouts of sadness, loneliness and anxiety. I still need more of the life of God in me.

After being baptised in the Holy Spirit I began to study the Word of God avidly and sought to apply it to my life by faith. Unfortunately, I think I went off on a tangent and linked zoe life with achievement and the attainment of material things and such like. Suffice to say - I failed to apply zoe to my life by faith.

Upvote 0

Faith Shield

Oct 22, 2014
United Kingdom
✟8,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You soak in Him. You pray in His Name. You read His Gospels. You speak with other trusted friends in faith about Him. Like the sponge immersed in great waters and soaking, you become the SEE. Consequently when questions or challenges arise your response and resultant action or stillness is His Knee Jerk. That is walking in the Spirit so as not to fulfill the lusts of the flesh. Forget the ethics and the to-do lists that fill up so many preachers' heads. Another ebook for you at issuu dot com slash dewane entitled Ripped By the Passion.

I do believe Wayne that we're on the same wavelength here :)

I really need to get back into walking in the Spirit, as you've mentioned. I became rather disillusioned with Word of Faith during the mid-noughties. I found that WoF didn't work for me. But I believe this was because, after studying what the Word said about spiritual promises - I tried to apply them to my life for the attainment of physical and material things, like money, promotion at work, etc.

It was at that time that I transitioned into the grace message, because I was fed up with preachers always going on about ethics and to-do lists. I was frustrated because the Bible said we had been given power to overcome sin -we had the life of God and the divine nature in us. Yet I still struggled with sin like most average people do. I recognised that preaching ethics did not impart the power required to fulfil those requirements. It was a great relief to hear the likes of Joseph Prince focusing on our righteousness by faith, rather than what we need to do to be accepted by God.

However, I do find the grace message rather lacking in that it focuses so much on righteousness - that it seems to miss all the other benefits that the Bible promises the believer, such as zoe life; I think it somehow misses out on what you said about walking in the Spirit.

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
I'd forgotten about Kenyon's book - I'll have to have a read of that.

I agree that many in the Faith Movement have veered away from the pursuit of life even though Paul told us to "lay hold on eternal life"; and the Lord said to "seek first the Kingdom of God", which is within us. I feel that many have been distracted by the pursuit of power, achievement and material things. I'll confess that I did in the past. We ought to put spiritual things before material things. We also find people pursuing spiritual power merely as a means of attaining material things and achievement. We all seek happiness and fulfilment, zoe life can give us that, but we seek it through material and physical means instead. The Faith Movement needs to get back to focusing on faith for the spiritual promises in God's Word. I also feel that people shun pursuing spiritual things, because it is often seen as being nothing more than fanciful, spiritual sounding words. If people could find true unconditional happiness and fulfilment through faith - that would be something! I believe zoe life holds the key to this gift.
We're a spirit who has a soul and lives in a body. (1 Thessalonians 5:23)

Anyone who leaves out 1 of the 3 will fail.

IOW, if you focus ONLY on 1 or 2, rather than all 3 areas, you'll be unbalanced and fail.

I know it sounds godly to say "spiritual things only", or "spiritual things first", but there's NO SCRIPTURE anywhere that says this.

If you live this way you'll fail.

This is what scripture says:

"Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers." - 3 John 1:2

If we want to please YHWH we need to accept all His words, not just the spiritual ones.

When we're in heaven, we'll have no financial, physical, mental, healing needs.

But here we have ALL kinds of needs for spirit, soul, and body.

AND YHWH through the Lord Jesus Christ supplies ALL our needs according to His riches in glory (Philippians 4:19).

YHWH wants to be our ONLY source of supply.

Trying to get ANY of our needs met outside of YHWH, without Him, is what's wrong.

But there's no shame or reproach for getting ALL your needs met in YHWH, by YHWH.

"Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you." - Matthew 6:33

What does this mean?

What is the kingdom of God and His righteousness?

It's accepting Jesus as your sin substitution, your free gift of righteousness.

After you've joined God's kingdom, and have His free gift of righteousness, ALL these things for spirit, soul, and body WILL be added to you.

There's no competition.

As long as we're a 3 part being, we'll have 3 part needs.

Are you sure what you're describing as NOT focussing enough on the "spiritual", is REALLY meaning you're not spending enough time in fellowship with the Lord?

EG. I get busy and caught up in too many things sometime. Then I don't spend enough time COMMUNING with the Lord.

It's not that I'm focusing too much on the natural, it's really that I'm FORGETTING the LORD.

How do I know this is the case?

If I stop focusing on the natural, it doesn't solve anything. I'm still left with the problem that I'm FORGETTING to abide in COMMUNION with the LORD.

This is not good because I NEED the LORD for everything, and even my spiritual needs will not be met APART from the LORD. (John 15:4-5)

My life starts failing when I don't spend enough time COMMUNING with the Lord.

Why? Because my whole life is found in HIM, and when I'm apart from HIM, by forgetting HIM, I'm unplugging from ZOE.

The devil used to fool me into thinking natural needs should take 2nd place to everything else, but that's his trick to sidetrack me OUT and AWAY from the abundant provision YHWH has supplied for me in CHRIST.

NO. The real travesty is unplugging from the Lord by forgetting to COMMUNE with the LORD.

IOW, COMMUNE 1st, 2nd, 3rd, ALWAYS, and while I'm communing, make my requests for all my needs known to God.

STAY in the Lord's presence by REMEMBERING HIM ALWAYS all day all the time.

When I notice my attention has left HIM, I don't get condemned, I just turn my face, heart, mind, back to the LORD, and thank HIM, praise HIM, love HIM, and HIS words.

ALL His words are a part of HIM.

I read His words WITH HIM as 1 of many methods of COMMUNING with Him.

Praising, thanking, loving HIM is another method.

Relaxing with HIM and asking Him my life and scripture questions is another way to COMMUNE with the LORD.

Relaxing with HIM and speaking out HIS words over my situations, as HE instructs me to, is another way to commune with the Lord.

Hugging and blessing people while I'm relaxing in the Lord, communing with Him, is another way to commune with the LORD.

It's all about how conscious I remain of the Lord, EVEN while I'm doing natural or spiritual activities. In a relaxed "enjoying the Lord" kind of way, not as a obligation, duty, mechanical methodology.

This is what keeps me balanced, spirit, soul, and body.

To tell the truth, my spirit is the strongest part of me that has the least amount of need because it was recreated when I got born again.

My soul and body are the parts that have the most needs.

BUT they can only be met as I REMAIN communing with the LORD.

Outside of HIM, forgetting Him, I start to experience failure.

:wave:

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
COMMUNING plugs us into ZOE

These are some of the words that inspire me to relax, commune, enjoy constant fellowship with the LORD ALL day long.

YHWH is love. Hanging out with HIM all day keeps me in love, faith, truth.

I find this is a daily focus that bears the most fruit by keeping me in ZOE, God's kind of life. :wave:

JOHN 15:15-17

15 “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.

5 “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.

9 “As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. 10 If you keep My commandments [instructions], you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments [instructions] and abide in His love.

11 “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. 12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. 14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command [instruct] you. 15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. 17 These things I command you, that you love one another.

Upvote 0