✟61,615.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

THE GIFT OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Among the “boundless (unsearchable) riches of Christ” (Ephesians 3:8), we have been granted the gift of His righteousness.
God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. (2 Corinthians 5:21, NIV)

As a consequence, we are told that we have a legal right to approach the throne of grace with “confidence” …
Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. (Hebrews 4:16, NIV)

…or to approach it “boldly” (NKJV).
Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. (Hebrews 4:16, NKJV)

We have been granted this right as a gift, not because of anything we have done or anything we are, but as a result of what Jesus has done.

We exercise this right through our faith in what the Son of God achieved on the cross.
In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence. (Ephesians 3:12, NIV)

The outworking of the Gift of Righteousness in our lives is defined in:
For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God’s abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ! (Romans 5:17, NIV)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Last edited:

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This reminds me once when I was praying and telling the Father everything I loved about him, but when I got to the point that he is Holy, I paused and told him "that one actually scares me". As soon as I said that, a verse came to my remembrance Mark 15:38. He's the one that made it possible for us to approach him! And he wants us to!

Upvote 0

Gary Lee

Sep 23, 2020
Texas
✟21,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
…or to approach it “boldly” (NKJV).
Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. (Hebrews 4:16, NKJV)

Thanks Allan. This verse has always enabled me to sense 'family', and not feel I have to
slip in the back door to approach my Father. A sense of belonging, haven been washed in the blood.

Upvote 0