The Gift of God

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ecc 3:13 moreover, that every man who eats and drinks sees good in all his labor—it is the gift of God.

Ecc 5:19 Furthermore, as for every man to whom God has given riches and wealth, He has also empowered him to eat from them and to receive his reward and rejoice in his labor; this is the gift of God.

Jn 4:10 Jesus answered and said to her, “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, ‘Give Me a drink,' you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water.”

Acts 8:20 But Peter said to him, “May your silver perish with you, because you thought you could obtain the gift of God with money!

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Eph 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;

2Tim 1:6For this reason I remind you to kindle afresh the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands.

Jn 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

The very real gift that has been given us, is we choose to desire it, is the gift of God, which is Jesus Christ!

We talk walk with Him. We can talk with Him. As the Teachers, we can learn from Him if we want. As the Wonderful Counselor, we can get wonderful counsel from Him, if that is want we desire. And if we believe in Him, we get eternal life because God gave Him to us so that we might have access to Jesus Christ and all that He has to offer to us!

Jesus Christ is the Word of God. I am not talking about your Bible but the person of Jesus Christ. He is the Word and He was in the beginning with God and He is God, and He Himself is the gift that is made available for all who believe.

You can't buy Him, because He is free. You simply have to believe and start walking and talking with Him. This is made possible via the Holy Spirit talking to your spirit, because the Holy Spirit does not speak on His own but like a living telephone line the Holy Spirit takes the words of God which belong to Jesus Christ and gives them to you. So you find the words of our Lord Jesus Christ for you personally on your heart or perhaps even on your lips. But are we willing to accept Him, the gift of God?

Like any gift, you can take it or refuse it. You can saying I want to know the Lord, be taught by Him, learn from Him, get advice from Him, even joke with Him, or you can refuse Him and reject Him.

Many "spiritual leaders" like the Pharisees and Saducees, reject Him. And many ordinary people like fisherman and even tax collectors have wanted Him.

We say that if we got a dream from God, that dream was a gift. But if we indeed got a dream from God we got Him communicating to us - we got Him. If we got a word from God we say that 'Word' was a gift, but indeed if we got a 'Word' from God we got Him because that 'Word" was from Him.

He has been given to us, but we still have the choice to want Him - what He says - what He does - what He has to offer - or we can refuse all that and go our own way. The choice is ours. I just thought I would point that out.

Eha

Jan 6, 2020
Tallinn
✟30,373.00
Country
Estonia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
like a living telephone line
excuse me, but this comparing make me angry. Holy Spirit is , to make things clear, Speaker, but surely not telephone line. Because of this comparing, i had meet some, who were close to insulting The Holy Spirit.
I have bad english, there is surely better comparing, to explain He's role novadays.

Upvote 0

Eha

Jan 6, 2020
Tallinn
✟30,373.00
Country
Estonia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If we got a word from God we say that 'Word' was a gift, but indeed if we got a 'Word' from God we got Him because that 'Word" was from Him.
That is clear.
Can we move on to help others to start listen?
My kids couldn't understand long time, "how" i hear Him. It was from Father , Who one day give lesson to them and they accepted lesson with such enthusiasm, that made me feel bad and lukewarm :)

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
excuse me, but this comparing make me angry. Holy Spirit is , to make things clear, Speaker, but surely not telephone line. Because of this comparing, i had meet some, who were close to insulting The Holy Spirit.
I have bad english, there is surely better comparing, to explain He's role novadays.

Of course comparing the Holy Spirit to a phone line is just a comparison and definitely understates all that the Spirit does for us. Still the most important thing the Spirit does for us is bring us the words of God and those words belong to Jesus Christ.

Jn 6:63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

Nothing is really more important to us than life. Jesus Christ has those words, but it is the Spirit who gives those words of life to us. He takes the words of God that belong to Jesus and speaks them to us.

Jn 13:14,15 But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come, He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine of Mine and will disclose it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you.

We see a bit more detail in the above 2 verses.
1. We see that the Spirit of God speaks.
2.We see that the Spirit of God does not speak on His own initiative
3. We see that the Spirit speaks whatever He hears
4. We see that the Spirit is all about glorifying the Son
5 We see that what the Spirit discloses to us is belongs to the Son.
6 We see that all the things of God belong to the Son.
7 and final a summary that whatever the Spirit discloses to us belongs to the Son

Now, while the Spirit is not a phone the one thing I can think of that speaks but not on it's own initiative, and discloses what another person has to say to us is a phone.

And let me point out again that the Spirit glorifies the Son! This is important because the Spirit of God is not the only spirit about. So a way to discern between spirit is in the knowledge that the Spirit of God always glorifies the Son and not Himself!!

1 Cor 12:3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus is accursed"; and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord" except by the Holy Spirit

A Lord is someone who gives us our instructions. Jesus Christ is Lord, so He is the one giving us our instructions, if we listen by faith. Yet the Holy Spirit, as seen above, is the One who discloses those instructions from Him to our spirit.

My mom's sister decided to reject Jesus Christ though she was raise in a Christian home and even had gone to a Christian college for a degree. She wound up becoming a High Priestess in a New Age movement. In that movement they felt that Jesus Christ was not around. He was either dead or in some far off place called heaven. So the sought the Spirit of God. So that the spirit which lead them glorified himself, not Jesus Christ!!!

We Christians on the other hand seek after the Spirit of God, and there is really only One Spirit of God, and He only Glorifies Jesus Christ!!

So if you find you are following a spirit that calls himself the spirit of god but who is not focused on glorifying Jesus Christ as Lord, you have hooked up with a wrong spirit. It is not in the Holy Spirits personality to glorify Himself. He glorifies the Son. Use that knowledge, like Paul explained in 1 Cor 12:3 to help you discern.

John explained that same thing: 1 Jn 4 1-3 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God; every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist

One last thing - Note that every church in Revelation was told to let those who have an ear to hear, hear what the Spirit says to the churches - however, can you find even one things said in Revelation that is a quote from the Spirit? John said he was in the Spirit and to listen to the Spirit but doesn't actually quote the Spirit. It is like us when we say we are on the phone but we don't have a quote from the phone. That is because the phone does not speak on it's own initiative but as it hears it speaks. Again, the Spirit is alive and does more than just speak to us but He acts like a living telephone line and brings us the words of our Lord Jesus Christ and those words mean life to us!!

Upvote 0

Eha

Jan 6, 2020
Tallinn
✟30,373.00
Country
Estonia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Now, while the Spirit is not a phone the one thing I can think of that speaks but not on it's own initiative, and discloses what another person has to say to us is a phone.
Maybe, if you pay attention, you'll notice, that Holy Spirit do not talk only, what Father ask Spirit to say, but also take initiative in our everyday life. Give tips, teach, advises, or, as in Acts, you maybe remember - commands...
I just had to notice, that voice of my thoughts changes - there are 3 different voices and one, that are not those 3, and finally, today, i got lesson, what is like "false spirit". It was scary, because that false spirit, voice pf stranger, is so, like mine thoughts, not as 4 previous reminded... just, saying. Holy Spirit have he's own voice, thoughts, feelings. But Holy Spirit talk most quiet from Son and, when He repeat Father's voice, that often i just "feel" Him, rather then hear. But He is not phone or , even if you say that to clear things up.
Im tired today, to say more, just - my primary interest with God in 30 years , was "how-to" and "who is speaking?". So i've got most lessons from about those subjects, also i have good ears :) Because i asked... a looot of times. But you can check me out - there are few stories, when Holy Spirit take commanding in He's hands... Because They 3 are One and equal.

Upvote 0

Eha

Jan 6, 2020
Tallinn
✟30,373.00
Country
Estonia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Of course comparing the Holy Spirit to a phone line is just a comparison and definitely understates all that the Spirit does for us. Still the most important thing the Spirit does for us is bring us the words of God and those words belong to Jesus Christ.

Jn 6:63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

Nothing is really more important to us than life. Jesus Christ has those words, but it is the Spirit who gives those words of life to us. He takes the words of God that belong to Jesus and speaks them to us.

Jn 13:14,15 But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come, He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine of Mine and will disclose it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you.

We see a bit more detail in the above 2 verses.
1. We see that the Spirit of God speaks.
2.We see that the Spirit of God does not speak on His own initiative
3. We see that the Spirit speaks whatever He hears
4. We see that the Spirit is all about glorifying the Son
5 We see that what the Spirit discloses to us is belongs to the Son.
6 We see that all the things of God belong to the Son.
7 and final a summary that whatever the Spirit discloses to us belongs to the Son

And let me point out again that the Spirit glorifies the Son! This is important because the Spirit of God is not the only spirit about. So a way to discern between spirit is in the knowledge that the Spirit of God always glorifies the Son and not Himself!!

1 Cor 12:3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus is accursed"; and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord" except by the Holy Spirit

A Lord is someone who gives us our instructions. Jesus Christ is Lord, so He is the one giving us our instructions, if we listen by faith. Yet the Holy Spirit, as seen above, is the One who discloses those instructions from Him to our spirit.

My mom's sister decided to reject Jesus Christ though she was raise in a Christian home and even had gone to a Christian college for a degree. She wound up becoming a High Priestess in a New Age movement. In that movement they felt that Jesus Christ was not around. He was either dead or in some far off place called heaven. So the sought the Spirit of God. So that the spirit which lead them glorified himself, not Jesus Christ!!!

We Christians on the other hand seek after the Spirit of God, and there is really only One Spirit of God, and He only Glorifies Jesus Christ!!

So if you find you are following a spirit that calls himself the spirit of god but who is not focused on glorifying Jesus Christ as Lord, you have hooked up with a wrong spirit. It is not in the Holy Spirits personality to glorify Himself. He glorifies the Son. Use that knowledge, like Paul explained in 1 Cor 12:3 to help you discern.

John explained that same thing: 1 Jn 4 1-3 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God; every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist

One last thing - Note that every church in Revelation was told to let those who have an ear to hear, hear what the Spirit says to the churches - however, can you find even one things said in Revelation that is a quote from the Spirit? John said he was in the Spirit and to listen to the Spirit but doesn't actually quote the Spirit. It is like us when we say we are on the phone but we don't have a quote from the phone. That is because the phone does not speak on it's own initiative but as it hears it speaks. Again, the Spirit is alive and does more than just speak to us but He acts like a living telephone line and brings us the words of our Lord Jesus Christ and those words mean life to us!!
after reading yours post, i am leaving now. you were final, last one. i so wanted to believe, that you are one that do not believe he is smart, but search God first.

i get sick reading yours last post.

i know Holy Spirit a little

Father told me something about Holy Spirit.
and way He said this, was so loving, so gentle, so amazing, so ... - i NEVER before or later heard Him talking like this!

IF you think, that you may call Holy Spirit anyway other, then Jesus did....
think again.

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe, if you pay attention, you'll notice, that Holy Spirit do not talk only, what Father ask Spirit to say,

Jn 16:13 But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak

According to Jesus Christ the Spirit will not speak on His own initiative - so I can believe Eha or I can believe My Lord Jesus Christ!!

Now, I do pay attention sometimes and I know that the Holy Spirit is not the only spirit out and about. So what if I pick up a spirit glorifying himself and acting contrary to what the Scriptures say? Well, I start using the tests in the Bible to verify that it is the Holy Spirit.

1 Jn 4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets hav gone out into the world. By this you know the Sprit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist..

So I use the above test when I pick up a spirit speaking to me. Sometime I also use 1 Cor 12:3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus Christ is Lord except by the Holy Spirit

By using those test I find out that indeed not all spirits are from God!! It's just like what is written in the Scriptures.

But what would happen if I never tested the spirits and believe every spirit? I might, based upon my paying attention but not testing the spirits as told to in the Scriptures, find a spirit that is speaking on it's own initiative and glorifying itself and think that it is the Holy Spirit. Then I might start glorifying that spirit saying it is the Holy Spirit and glorifying itself. Now I am not seeking Jesus Christ but a spirit claiming to be the Holy Spirit. And that all happened because I didn't test the spirit but believed every spirit that talked to me.

However, by using the above tests I have found spirits pretending to be the Holy Spirit but they were not! I have asked spirit to tell me "Jesus Christ came in the flesh" only to be told but them "I can't tell you that". That is just weird that they actually have told me that. They often sometimes just instantly leave. I don't find that as weird but it still get's us because you are hearing with your spiritual ears, use the test, and then nothing. They are just gone.

Now there is a lot more that I have learn from listening and using those tests, provided in the Bible. Sometimes I have thought that I was not hearing from the Holy Spirit because that spirit seemed to be speaking on it's own initiative, but when I tested I found out that it was the Holy Spirit but He was not actually speaking on His own initiative like I thought. What I found was the sometimes the Holy Spirit is asked to tell me something but He had to present it in a third person perspective instead of being words the Lord was telling me because it wouldn't come across right if it was presented as if directly from the Lord.

For example the Spirit once told me, "We don't use the Lord to preach the Scriptures. We use the Scriptures to preach the Lord Jesus Christ."

Now the Spirit didn't present that statement as being His statement. That would have been glorifying Himself. Still He also could present it as if directly from Jesus Christ or it would it would have been "We don't use Me to preach the Scriptures. We use the Scriptures to preach Me." Jesus is not full of pride and Jesus does not glorify Himself either, so the in this case the Spirit was glorifying Jesus and explaining some wisdom but He still was not glorifying Himself. The statement initially got me testing the spirit, but test got confirmation that Jesus Christ was Lord and the Jesus Christ came in the flesh.

We really need to use the information provided by the Bible to help us make sure we are hooking up with the correct spirit. The Holy Spirit does not glorify Himself. He always glorifies Jesus Christ!!

Consider this verse and it's application:

Jn 7:18 He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who is seeking the glory of the One who sent Him, He is true, and there is no unrighteousness in Him

The above verse has application for both our Lord Jesus Christ and for the Holy Spirit. Neither are seeking their own glory so neither speak from themselves. Jesus said He did and said only what the Father tells Him. And the Holy Spirit is "sent" (you see that in the above verse) and He also does not speak on His own. The Father gave all to the Son, which includes the words of God. And the Spirit takes from what belongs to the Son (the words of God) and does not speak from himself because He does not seek His own glory, but He speaks what He hears.

If you don't understand this, look at the Scriptures more and remember to use the tests provided in the Scriptures!

Upvote 0