So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You don't understand you can circumnavigate around a flat earth....Its just going around a circle.

None of you have given concrete evidence proving the earth is a globe.
How is it "just a circle" if you can go around it in any direction? How does gravity work? What's on the other side?

Upvote 0

MaxR1996

Sep 8, 2015
✟929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How is it "just a circle" if you can go around it in any direction? How does gravity work? What's on the other side?

You CAN go around it in any direction, east to west, or west to east, on a flat earth

There is no "other side", its above and below. Heaven above, Hell below. I believe they are physical yet supernatural areas, as in yes they physically exist as we speak, but we cannot go there until we die.

There is no such thing as gravity. That's why birds and planes fly.

If you weren't aware Gravity actually can't be proven. I had my uncle who is a scientist who denies the flat earth, confirm that Gravity cannot be proven

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You CAN go around it in any direction, east to west, or west to east, on a flat earth

There is no "other side", its above and below. Heaven above, Hell below. I believe they are physical yet supernatural areas, as in yes they physically exist as we speak, but we cannot go there until we die.

If you weren't aware Gravity actually can't be proven. I had my uncle who is a scientist who denies the flat earth, confirm that Gravity cannot be proven
Drop a brick. Will it fall?

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,347.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

When they launch a rocket it how does it orbit a flat earth?
When a ship leaves port why does it disappear from the horizon?
When an apple falls from a tree why does it hit the head?

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
1) If the Earth is flat, where are the edges and what happens when you reach them? If you fly from Australia to North America, you will fly over the Pacific Ocean. Then get on another plane and fly from North America to Europe, you will fly across the Atlantic Ocean. Then take another plane from Europe and you will fly over Asia. This of course isn't also mentioning everyone who traveled by boat over these oceans for the last hundreds of years. You'd think at some point someone would have noticed they reached some kind of boundary and were suddenly on the other side of the Earth.
2) If the Earth is flat, why do ships appear to rise from the horizon if it is coming towards you, or sink if it is leaving?
3) How do seasons work exactly? If the Earth is flat, there should be no equinoxes or solstices.
4) If the sun and moon rotate around the Earth, how do eclipses work, why are lunar eclipses more common than a solar eclipse and cover a wider range of Earth?

Upvote 0

MaxR1996

Sep 8, 2015
✟929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When they launch a rocket it how does it orbit a flat earth?
When a ship leaves port why does it disappear from the horizon?
When an apple falls from a tree why does it hit the head?

1. It doesn't, it follows a circular path above the Earth
2. "He has inscribed a circle on the face of the waters at the boundary between light and darkness" - Job 26:10. It is possible that the horizon is curved but the overall shape of the Earth is flat, and not global, as suggested by the entire bible
3. That likely has to do with the shape of the apple, doesn't reflect the shape of Earth

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MaxR1996

Sep 8, 2015
✟929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1) If the Earth is flat, where are the edges and what happens when you reach them? If you fly from Australia to North America, you will fly over the Pacific Ocean. Then get on another plane and fly from North America to Europe, you will fly across the Atlantic Ocean. Then take another plane from Europe and you will fly over Asia. This of course isn't also mentioning everyone who traveled by boat over these oceans for the last hundreds of years. You'd think at some point someone would have noticed.
2) If the Earth is flat, why do ships appear to rise from the horizon if it is coming towards you, or sink if it is leaving?
3) How do seasons work exactly? If the Earth is flat, there should be no equinoxes or solstices.
4) If the sun and moon rotate around the Earth, how do lunar eclipses work, why are the more common than a solar eclipse and cover a wider range of Earth?

1. The circular boundary or "edges" exist on the farthest part of Antarctica. You will go on all of those flights and never see the edge because you are still in the center area of the circle.
2. The oceans can be a few degrees curved, that doesn't mean that the earth is 360 degrees curved
3. Seasons are controlled by God. How else would the leaves change colors, and snow fall?
4. Lunar and Solar Eclipses are simply phenomenons of God. God created everything he can certainly affect the way the greater and lesser lights look.

Upvote 0

Wgw

Pray For Brussels!
May 24, 2015
✟15,107.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
So believing in the Word of God is trolling...

The world is flat, just as the bible describes.

We are not a little dot orbiting around the sun randomly in a universe, that is an intentional to take away the relevance of God.

On the contrary. "O Lord, how great are thy works! Thy thoughts are exceedingly deep." "Shalt thou be able to join together the shining stars the Pleiades, or canst thou stop the turning about of Arcturus? Canst thou bring forth the day star in its time, and make the evening star to rise upon the children of the earth? Dost thou know the order of heaven, and canst thou set down the reason thereof on the earth?"

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
1. The circular boundary or "edges" exist on the farthest part of Antarctica. You will go on all of those flights and never see the edge because you are still in the center area of the circle.

You don't cross Antarctica going on any of the flights I mentioned, you are simply traveling in an Eastward direction. Even if the Earth is shaped like a circle and not a square, there is still going to be an Eastern boundary. Not to mention that if you fly from Argentina to Australia, you will fly over the South Pole.

3. Seasons are controlled by God. How else would the leaves change colors, and snow fall?

1) Leaves are green due to chlorophyll, as fall comes the days get shorter, and some trees will begin to rest their food making factories to rely on food stored for winter when there's not enough light to conduct useful photosynthesis. Plants are alive, they know when days are getting shorter.
2) It gets colder in winter due to less direct and overall sunlight. As a result, it's easier for the temperature to get below the freezing point of water (32F) on the surface, thus snow. If you go high enough up in the atmosphere, even in summer, you will find that rain always starts off as snow. Even in summer, next time you are on airplane, look for little ice crystals to appear on your window.

Again, how do equinoxes and solstices occur?

4. Lunar and Solar Eclipses are simply phenomenons of God. God created everything he can certainly affect the way the greater and lesser lights look.

Except we can physically see a solar eclipse is caused by the moon blocking the sun. If both were rotating around the Earth, a lunar eclipse would happen every night because that's how light works.

Oh yeah, how do compasses work? How does the Earth have a electromagnetic field?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Wgw

Pray For Brussels!
May 24, 2015
✟15,107.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Oh yeah, how do compasses work? How does the Earth have a electromagnetic field?

An extremely literal interpretation might suggest that the condemned souls of the soteriologically unsuccessful must reside in firery caverns deep below the surface of the Earth, such as it is. I propose that within a great cavern underneath the North Pole, billions of condemned souls are forced to turn capstans, powering a series of dynamos used to project an electromagnetic field.

The variations in the magnetic field according to where one is located are thus due to which dynamo one is in closer proximity to, whereas other variations are due to the ebb and flow of the work of the condemned over time depending on how severely they are whipped into action or prodded with tridents by their capricious kaikodaimonical masters.

:p

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Debunk this:

His calculations are wrong: In the solar system diagram he is using; the scale is so large that it looks like the moon is hiding behind the earth; but the moon is 244k(aprox) miles away and with the rocket 70 miles above the earth; the angle of the rocket in relation to the moon; for the the camera in the rocket, to see the moon would be very small. Here is a scale model more in line with the actual distances involved:

14jan00b.gif

So from the earth the moon would not be visible; but from 70 miles up; very visible.

Upvote 0

MaxR1996

Sep 8, 2015
✟929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You don't cross Antarctica going on any of the flights I mentioned, you are simply traveling in an Eastward direction. Even if the Earth is shaped like a circle and not a square, there is still going to be an Eastern boundary. Not to mention that if you fly from Argentina to Australia, you will fly over the South Pole.

1) Leaves are green due to chlorophyll, as fall comes the days get shorter, and some trees will begin to rest their food making factories to rely on food stored for winter when there's not enough light to conduct useful photosynthesis. Plants are alive, they know when days are getting shorter.
2) It gets colder in winter due to less direct and overall sunlight. As a result, it's easier for the temperature to get below the freezing point of water (32F) on the surface, thus snow. If you go high enough up in the atmosphere, even in summer, you will find that rain always starts off as snow. Even in summer, next time you are on airplane, look for little ice crystals to appear on your window.

Again, how do equinoxes and solstices occur?

Except we can physically see a solar eclipse is caused by the moon blocking the sun. If both were rotating around the Earth, a lunar eclipse would happen every night because that's how light works.

1. Go get your own plane and fly over Antarctica...oh wait you can't its blocked by the military. So you'll never know.
There is no such thing as the south pole, it doesn't exist, you're still stuck on the Globe earth, engraved in your mind.

2. Solar eclipses happen when the 2 paths of the Moon and Sun intersect with each other.

Upvote 0

MaxR1996

Sep 8, 2015
✟929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
His calculations are wrong: In the solar system diagram he is using; the scale is so large that it looks like the moon is hiding behind the earth; but the moon is 244k(aprox) miles away and with the rocket 70 miles above the earth; the angle of the rocket in relation to the moon; for the the camera in the rocket, to see the moon would be very small. Here is a scale model more in line with the actual distances involved:

14jan00b.gif

So from the earth the moon would not be visible; but from 70 miles up; very visible.

I actually made a model of this a 3d simulation program called Cinema 4d, and entered all of the distances, I even tried making the camera 350 miles, rather than 70 ( tested out both ), and you still couldn't see the moon, not even close, completely blocked by the earth. I tested it out all myself. You are 100% incorrect. Thats the only argument people use against this video. The "perspective". I entered it in all myself.

Upvote 0

MaxR1996

Sep 8, 2015
✟929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is no scripture saying the world is flat

Oh you must mean except for these right ?

You "Christians" sure don't know the Bible very well...

"He set the earth on its foundations, so that it should never be moved." - Psalms 104:5

"Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory." - Matthew 4:8

"After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth, that no wind might blow on earth or sea or against any tree." - Revelation 7:1

"Can you, like him, spread out the skies, hard as a cast metal mirror?" - Job 37:18

"Under the whole heaven he lets it go, and his lightning to the corners of the earth." - Job 37:3

"He will raise a signal for the nations and will assemble the banished of Israel, and gather the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth." - Isaiah 11:12

"For he looks to the ends of the earth and sees everything under the heavens." - Job 28:24

"When the earth totters, and all its inhabitants, it is I who keep steady its pillars. Selah" - Psalms 75:3

"Tremble before him, all the earth; yes, the world is established; it shall never be moved." - 1 Chronicles 16:30

"Thus says God, the Lord, who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread out the earth and what comes from it, who gives breath to the people on it and spirit to those who walk in it:" - Isaiah 42:5

"The sun rises, and the sun goes down, and hastens to the place where it rises." - Ecclesiastes 1:5

"And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters." - Genesis 1:6

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.