Not open for further replies.

twosid

Jun 30, 2003
Woodstock, Georgia
Visit site
✟2,396.00
Faith
Christian
Can someone who is a Catholic and only someone who is a Catholic please tell me what this is about?

The Fifteen Promises of Mary to Christians Who Recite the Rosary
  • Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the rosary, shall receive signal graces.
  • I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the rosary.
  • The rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
  • It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the heart of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
  • The soul which recommend itself to me by the recitation of the rosary, shall not perish.
  • Whoever shall recite the rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
  • Whoever shall have a true devotion for the rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.
  • Those who are faithful to recite the rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenitude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.
  • I shall deliver from purgatory those who have been devoted to the rosary.
  • The faithful children of the rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in heaven.
  • You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the rosary.
  • All those who propagate the holy rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
  • I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.
  • All who recite the rosary are my son, and brothers of my only son Jesus Christ.
  • Devotion of my rosary is a great sign of predestination.
(Given to St. Dominic and Blessed Alan) Imprimatur: Patrick J. Hayes DD Archbishop of New York)​

Brother_Justin

Warrior of Our Lady
Apr 10, 2005
Iowa
✟4,587.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Can someone who is a Catholic and only someone who is a Catholic please tell me what this is about?

The Fifteen Promises of Mary to Christians Who Recite the Rosary
  • Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the rosary, shall receive signal graces.
  • I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the rosary.
  • The rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
  • It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the heart of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
  • The soul which recommend itself to me by the recitation of the rosary, shall not perish.
  • Whoever shall recite the rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
  • Whoever shall have a true devotion for the rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.
  • Those who are faithful to recite the rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenitude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.
  • I shall deliver from purgatory those who have been devoted to the rosary.
  • The faithful children of the rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in heaven.
  • You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the rosary.
  • All those who propagate the holy rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
  • I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.
  • All who recite the rosary are my son, and brothers of my only son Jesus Christ.
  • Devotion of my rosary is a great sign of predestination.
(Given to St. Dominic and Blessed Alan) Imprimatur: Patrick J. Hayes DD Archbishop of New York)​
.......please focus your question some :)!

Those are the promises for those who recite the rosary. Perhaps if you had specific questions I could help you :)!

Brother Justin <><

Upvote 0

Brother_Justin

Warrior of Our Lady
Apr 10, 2005
Iowa
✟4,587.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
As the rosary wasn't around when Mary was...etc.etc. I'm just trying to understand how these things come about. Thanks!
Sure, well St. Dominic was given the Rosary from the blessed mother. We the church believe that Mary came to Dominic and gave him the devotion of the Rosary. I mean thats the long and short of it really :)!

If you examine the Rosary you will find that the devotions come from the scriptures for the most part :)!

Mostly the devotion allows us to focus on Christ's life and suffering. The devotion comes around in a time when people felt the need to really connect to Christ in his suffering, life, ministry, etc...

Also the Rosary allowed non monks who couldn't read to say prayers durring the day as the Monks spent the day praying and reading the Bible :)!

Thats just a few random facts!

Brother Justin <><

Upvote 0

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Lumen Gentium of Vatican II makes it very clear the RCC's holding on Saint Mary, " so understood that it neither takes away anything nor adds anything to the dignity and efficacy of Christ the one Mediator".

Us Catholics believe there are some folks that died who are in Heaven due to the way they led their lives here on this planet. Because they are in Heaven, we believe that they communicate with the Lord and that God listens to them. So, we ask the Saints to pray for us.

Given your OP, to be honest with you that is secondary to the beliefs that I professed at my Confirmation. Some Catholics give it more weight than others. I pray the Rosary and not for any of those promises... but in order to ask Mary to put in a word for me... I really don't care about recieving a higher merit in heaven, just getting there will satisfy me.

The above being said, there are 100's of millions of Catholics and of course there are some fringies out there whom the media just love to qoute and misrepresent there beliefs as mainstream Catholic.

Upvote 0

ConanTheLibrarian

Nov 11, 2005
Pyongtaek, South Korea
✟8,033.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
When I first read about those promises as a Lutheran many years ago, I found them disturbing. On the surface, they can sound like that quid pro quo "works righteousness" Catholics are so often wrongly accused of.

The problem evaporated when I had a better understanding of the Rosary. The Rosary is a summary of the basics of the Christian faith: the Apostles Creed, Lord's Prayer, and meditations of events in the lives of Jesus and Mary.

A devotion to the Rosary is an especially powerful attachment to Christ, making all of these graces available to us. To put it more directly, if redundantly, an attachment to Christ is an attachment to Christ. Hence, I no longer see a problem with these 15 promises.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.