✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
564416_295856553855886_260353852_n.jpg

Republicans also have more Latino and women govenors than the Dems. And yet, the old media keeps trying to pin charges of racism and lack of diversity on the Rep party. But it just isn't true!

Reactions: sk8Joyful

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
You guys are too funny! All we ever hear is how the Dems have all these colors and the Reps are too lily white. So when it's demonstrated that it's really just a myth, you dig in your heels even more. Deny, deny, deny!

Upvote 0

Redac

Jul 16, 2007
California
✟167,609.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You guys are too funny! All we ever hear is how the Dems have all these colors and the Reps are too lily white. So when it's demonstrated that it's really just a myth, you dig in your heels even more. Deny, deny, deny!

Uh-huh. I'd say the polling of various demographics speaks much louder than "Look at all the minorities and women we put in! See?"

Upvote 0

Marek

Dec 5, 2003
Visit site
✟2,139.00
Faith
Catholic
So when it's demonstrated that it's really just a myth...

Are you sure about that? Yes, there are more female and minority Republican governors, but there are also nearly 50 percent more Republican governors than Democratic governors. When you account for that, the proportions are nearly identical, plus, it's a quite small sample size. If you want to look at other elected officials, like female and minority representatives and senators, it's not even close.

But like Redac said, the demographics of the individuals that tend to vote one way or the other is what's really telling.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,208,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
But like Redac said, the demographics of the individuals that tend to vote one way or the other is what's really telling.

Yeah, voting based on race is a bad thing all around (and it's unfortunate that it still goes on). Voting for someone just because they're the same color as you is just is as unproductive as not voting for a person just because they're a different color than you.

If we counted all of the racist rednecks down south who'd refuse to vote for Obama because he's African American, and compared that to the number of African Americans that voted for Obama only because he was black, I suspect that they would cancel each other out.

If there was a white guy who was identical to Obama in every other way, I'd be interested to see how the voting demographics would've turned out.

I would suspect this white guy would've gotten less black votes than Obama, but more votes from poor white people from the south.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,092,202.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The delegate group certainly didn't reflect that diversity.

In a poster with 20 faces, it's easy to find female, black, Hispanic and Asian faces. If we had a picture with all Republican Congressmen, Senators, and Governors, would the percentage of women, blacks, Hispanics, and Asians be much smaller?

Most importantly, do they still identify with and share the values of the ethnic group or gender they were born into?

If Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas were running for public office, for example, and I was black, I would vote for a one-eyed, one-horned flying purple people eater before I'd vote for him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
The Identity Politics of the left exploit race for the benefit of electoral success. It is therefore the vested interest of leftist politics to create racism where none before existed.

It has been a very successful policy for the left in terms of getting elected. As for furthering the success of minorities and races, not so much.

Reactions: Veritas
Upvote 0

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The Identity Politics of the left exploit race for the benefit of electoral success. It is therefore the vested interest of leftist politics to create racism where none before existed.

It has been a very successful policy for the left in terms of getting elected. As for furthering the success of minorities and races, not so much.

Well said. The left, and Democratic Party in general, are more racist than people they accuse of being racist. Recently they played "Spot the Negro", watching footage of the RNC. The Dems are the party of official racism. I don't see how anyone with a conscience --Christian or otherwise, can support their racist platform.

Reactions: SolomonVII
Upvote 0

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The Richmond Free Press obviously agrees with our assessment.

538770_518542298172422_1075230603_n.jpg

You know, I'd be more concerned about the fact that you have no problem joining a party that promotes racism as a political platform.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EddyMabo

May 27, 2012
✟628.00
Faith
Atheist

If by 'left' you actually mean the Democratic party then yes.

Historically minorities do slightly better under democratic governments.

Upvote 0

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
You should be concerned with the fact you confuse recognition of lack of diversity with racism.

Promoting racism is officially part of the Democratic platform, so no I'm not confused about racism being racism.

Besides, 'diversity' advocacy is intrinsically prejudiced and bigoted.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well said. The left, and Democratic Party in general, are more racist than people they accuse of being racist. Recently they played "Spot the Negro", watching footage of the RNC. The Dems are the party of official racism. I don't see how anyone with a conscience --Christian or otherwise, can support their racist platform.

It's kind of adorable how you seem to be trying to use a some sort of Jedi mind trick. I just picture you sitting in front of your screen making that little gesture Obi Wan made when he said "These are not the droids you're looking for."

Been here?
Partisan Polarization Surges in Bush, Obama Years | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press
If you scroll down to the "More Conservative Republicans, More Liberal Democrats" section you'll find this:
from article said:
Demographically, Republicans remain overwhelmingly white and their average age now approaches 50. Fully 87% of Republicans are non-Hispanic whites, a figure which has changed little since 2000.

Meanwhile, the percentage of Democrats who say their political views are liberal has risen from 28% in 2000 to 34% in 2008 and 38% in 2012 surveys by the Pew Research Center. For the first time, there are as many liberal Democrats as moderate Democrats.

In contrast to Republicans, Democrats have grown increasingly diverse. A narrow majority of Democrats (55%) are non-Hispanic whites, down from 64% in 2000. As in recent years, most Democrats are women (59%). And while the average age of self-described Democrats has risen since 2008 – from 46.9 to 47.7 – Democrats continue to be younger than Republicans on average (47.7 vs. 49.7).
My thought? Forget the hand wave, drop the "Our Party that's 87% all white is much less racist then that Party made up of 45% non-whites!" :cool:
tulc(thinks he now understands why Republicans get so...cranky when people point out how few non white faces there are not on the stage at Republican functions, or another way of looking at it would be so few who "aren't in front of the cameras") :wave:

Upvote 0