Dec 28, 2021
✟2,917.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The men of Israel had two purposes for rest, one being the sabbath, and the other was seeking an enduring last that really mattered to them, to rest from their enemies, in the pleasant land of Israel....

Deuteronomy 12:8 Ye shall not do after all the things that we do here this day, every man whatsoever is right in his own eyes.
9 For ye are not as yet come to the rest and to the inheritance, which the Lord your God giveth you.

To the people of the Lords pasture, the sheep of His hand ( to then be guarded by their Shepherd) are told by God, if they shall hear His voice ( as those sheep) then harden not their hearts, to provoke God, as was done in the wilderness by all of Israel.

God spoke to Israel how by that disbelief in the salvation of God ( to bring them safely up out of the hard way of the wilderness, into the promised land) they will not enter into His rest, and God consumed all the men of war, all that generation that did not believe in the Lords promises of salvation.

God gave the testimony, that it is a people that err in their hearts and have not known the Lords ways, and it is then sworn by God, these do not enter into His rest. ( no rest from their enemies as they are the enemies of God themselves, who gave Him no rest from their wickedness)

Jesus speaks about these sheep ( who do hear His voice) how they believe through the works Jesus did, ( including His Father working on the sabbath day as did the Son)

Jesus gave to them eternal life, which is the heart not hardened, ( the new covenant of the soft heart by belief in His works that give belief in God)

Deuteronomy 2:14 And the space in which we came from Kadeshbarnea, until we were come over the brook Zered, was thirty and eight years; until all the generation of the men of war were wasted out from among the host, as the Lord sware unto them.
15 For indeed the hand of the Lord was against them, to destroy them from among the host, until they were consumed.

John 10:25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Psalm 95:7 For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,
8 Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work.
10 Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:
11 Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.

Then the word teaches those ( sheep) to THEREFORE FEAR.

As the promise of entering into rest ( as preached to Israel) did not profit them, as they disbelieved in the promises of God for the promised land)

The word being preached is what profits us, unlike the word being preached to Israel, if we have faith to believe in the word of Christ.

God did rest from all His works on the seventh day after creating all through Christ....

Hebrews 4:1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

Hebrews 4:4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

God also spoke again, ( regarding His rest) how Israel would enter into His rest ( from their enemies) and the word says to day, after a long time, if they shall hear His voice, to not harden their hearts. ( those sheep of Christ hear His voice, this voice telling the testimonies to believe in, FEAR, and follow after with all of their non hardened heart)

Also told of course, Jesus did not give them rest ( from their enemies, ass that was yet to come as testified in Luke 1, to serve God in holiness ALL THE DAYS OF THEIR LIFE, without fear of their enemies.)

Then as we saw in the Shepherd of the sheep, Jesus Christ, we labour to enter into that rest ( of God from His enemies) and the last enemy to be destroyed is death, which we labour to not be destroyed. That is the covenant given for the people to feed as sheep in the ways, in a high place for their pasture ( in heavenly places) to go forth out of darkness into the darkness into His glorious light ( His rest in the light of heaven)

We then as workers ( with Christ the Shepherd who rests not day nor night to guard His sheep) hear the beseeching to receive not the grace of God in vain, knowing this is the day of salvation to hear about, to not give offence in anything, but to be approved in patience, afflictions, necessities, distresses ( as our Shepherd went through, labouring to not fall after the same example of unbelief)...

Isaiah 49:8 Thus saith the Lord, In an acceptable time have I heard thee, and in a day of salvation have I helped thee: and I will preserve thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, to establish the earth, to cause to inherit the desolate heritages;
9 That thou mayest say to the prisoners, Go forth; to them that are in darkness, Shew yourselves. They shall feed in the ways, and their pastures shall be in all high places.

1 Corinthians 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

2 Corinthians 6:1 We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain.
2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)
3 Giving no offence in any thing, that the ministry be not blamed:
4 But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses,

Hebrews 4:5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.
6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

The Gentiles ( the sheep) do seek the root of Jesse, they seek His glorious rest.

This is the highway for the remnant of Gods people, the remnant according to the election of grace, not of works ( not of law)

Isaiah 11:10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

Isaiah 11:16 And there shall be an highway for the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria; like as it was to Israel in the day that he came up out of the land of Egypt.

Romans 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

God told Israel about His rest ( not sabbath rest they already had temporarily, but of Gods forever rest from His enemies which is the glorious rest of Christ) but Israel would not hear.

By returning ( to the Shepherd of the sheep) they would find rest and be saved, and they would not.

God spoke about Him NOT RESTING, until His righteousness and salvation go forth ( for the Gentiles to seek)

God said to Israel, to walk in the good paths and way and they shall find rest for their souls, but Israel said, they will not walk therein.

Then God went to seek His sheep Himself, ( not these of Israel who would not walk in Gods ways to find rest for their souls)

Now Jesus ( that great Shepherd of the sheep) sought His sheep and said, to learn of Him ( the meek and lowly in heart( and they shall find rest for their souls)

That is to seek to the glorious rest of the Lord ( which the Gentiles seek to, but not Israel), through their temporary ways and temporary rest in sabbaths and their law)

The residue ( the remnant) of men seek after the Lord, all the Gentiles upon whom Hi name is called ( called Christians).

Acts 15:17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

1 Peter 2:25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

Isaiah 11:10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

Isaiah 28:12 To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.
13 But the word of the Lord was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

Isaiah 30:15 For thus saith the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength: and ye would not.

Isaiah 62:1 For Zion's sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest, until the righteousness thereof go forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a lamp that burneth.

Jeremiah 6:16 Thus saith the Lord, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.

Ezekiel 34:11 For thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out.

Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Israel took away the glory of the Lord ( that was why Christ entered into His glorious rest Himself)

The ways and sabbaths and offerings of Israel were pollutted, that was NOT THEIR REST then.

Christ entered into His glory. ( this is the rest for the weary, the same as His)

That is to return to the great Shepherd of the sheep, as through His blood of the everlasting covenant ( EVERLASTING REST OF CHRIST) it is pure, and not polluted ( including His offering of Himself over the sabbath)

That is the fulfilment of the promises to the fathers, to have rest ( with Christ frm all of His enemies including death the klast enemy to be destroyed) serving God without any fear any longer in holiness before HIm, day and night.

Revelations shows the four beasts before God, not resting day nor night ( not resting on any day) to say, holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come...

Micah 2:9 The women of my people have ye cast out from their pleasant houses; from their children have ye taken away my glory for ever.
10 Arise ye, and depart; for this is not your rest: because it is polluted, it shall destroy you, even with a sore destruction.

Luke 24:26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

Hebrews 13:20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

Luke 1:3 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,
74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,
75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.

Revelation 4:8 And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

Reactions: dqhall