Wiltshire
✟10,427.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Isaiah 24:5 - The earth is also defiled under its inhabitants, Because they have transgressed the laws, Changed the ordinance, Broken the everlasting covenant.

V6 says that "Very few people would still be alive on the earth in the aftermath of the Great Judgement"

Therefore, one may well conclude that the vast majority of people are destined to perish, or go to hell, since they are ignorant and will die without knowing the Gospel of Salvation (Which includes knowledge about the Covenant of Salvation); or because they have broken/rejected the Covenant, which would make it impossible to reinstate the same (Hebrews 6:4-6).

Thus, Jesus' Judgement of the Living and the Dead (Matthew 25:31-46) is crucially hinged upon the new covenant of Christ (which is also called the Covenant of Salvation), and the outcome of Judgement is contingent as to whether or not you believe the Covenant = Luke 10:27-28 and Romans 10:9.

Discuss.

Last edited:

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Heb 13:20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

The New Covenant: Bob George

Jer_31:31 "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah—

Mat_26:28 For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Mar_14:24 And He said to them, "This is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many.

Luk_22:20 Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.

1Co_11:25 In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."

2Co_3:6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Heb_8:8 Because finding fault with them, He says: "BEHOLD, THE DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD, WHEN I WILL MAKE A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH—

Heb_8:13 In that He says, "A NEW COVENANT," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Heb_9:15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

Heb_12:24 to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.

Upvote 0

black.hawk

Aug 18, 2017
Wiltshire
✟10,427.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Heb 13:20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

The New Covenant: Bob George

Jer_31:31 "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah—

Mat_26:28 For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Mar_14:24 And He said to them, "This is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many.

Luk_22:20 Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.

1Co_11:25 In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."

2Co_3:6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Heb_8:8 Because finding fault with them, He says: "BEHOLD, THE DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD, WHEN I WILL MAKE A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH—

Heb_8:13 In that He says, "A NEW COVENANT," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Heb_9:15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

Heb_12:24 to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.

Nothing you have said (or quoted) here will serve to refute the Authority of Luke 10:27-28 and Romans 10:9, which is still part of the new covenant.

Since God does not contradict himself, which means that you cannot refute the Authority of Luke 10:27-28 and Romans 10:9. These are the conditions of Salvation, which cannot be denied by any Christian.

As the new covenant is not all about Jesus' turning the cheek, *forgiving his enemies, and shedding his blood to atone for the sins of the world, but Christ will also return to Judge the Living and the Dead - Or to divide the sheep and goats, wheat and tares, righteous and wicked, saved or unsaved (Matthew 25:33) - Which implies that "Many are called, but few are chosen" in accordance with Matthew 7:13-14, 22:14

Such that the numbers who perish will exceed those who are saved, which entails vengeance by the Judge who is the LORD Jesus Christ. Matthew 25:41-46, 2 Thessalonians 1:6-8

However, cherry picking does not serve to describe the "Whole truth, and nothing but the truth".

*Note: Since God cannot forgive so called "Christians" who have broken (or rejected) the Covenant of Salvation. Hebrews 6:4-6

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nothing you have said (or quoted) here will serve to refute the Authority of Luke 10:27-28 and Romans 10:9, which is still part of the new covenant.

Since God does not contradict himself, which means that you cannot refute the Authority of Luke 10:27-28 and Romans 10:9. These are the conditions of Salvation, which cannot be denied by any Christian.

It was not my intent to refute Luke 10:27-28, or Romans 10:9.

I merely showed that the New Covenant is the "everlasting" covenant of Hebrews 13:20.

Upvote 0