✟84,025.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wiki:
The English name Jesus is derived from the Latin Iesus, itself a transliteration of the Greek Ἰησοῦς (Iēsoûs).[60] The Greek form is probably a rendering of the Hebrew and Aramaic name ישוע (Yēšūa), a shorter variant of the earlier Hebrew name יהושע (Yəhōšūa, English: "Joshua").

NAS Exhaustive Concordance:
Word Origin
from Yhvh and yasha
Definition
"the LORD is salvation,"

Smith's Bible Dictionary:
Joshua (saviour, or whose help is Jehovah). His name appears in the various forms of HOSHEA, OSHEA, JEHOSHUA, JESHUA, and JESUS.

The Hebrew J pronunciation is closer to the English Y sound than the /dʒ/ sound. Neither Hebrew nor Greek has the /dʒ/ sound. In any case, God understands whom you are referring to when you say "Jesus" (/ˈdʒiːzəs/).

==================================================================================

I am using this OP as an example for demonstrating scholarly referencing. It is standard high-school scholarship practice:
  1. Give the name of the source, in this case, it is Wikipedia.
  2. Provide the place of the source. In this case, it is the URL address in the hidden blue links.
  3. Indent the quoted text.
  4. Highlight the relevant keywords that are important to your points in boldface font.
  5. Be concise and to the point.
This is what I do for others who read my posts. If you practice this, I guarantee you: it will improve your analytical thinking. In any case, no one is required to do it here

Last edited: