Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
I wanted to create this topic since it came up in another one,.. now does this look flat to anybody? (There is also no evidence of the earth being flat in the Bible.) Hehe,.. I always pictured God spinning the earth around on His thumb. :D

blue_marble.jpg

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wanted to create this topic since it came up in another one,.. now does this look flat to anybody? (There is also no evidence of the earth being flat in the Bible.) Hehe,.. I always pictured God spinning the earth around on His thumb. :D

View attachment 282613
Big Blue Marble ...

Reactions: April_Rose
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I don't believe the Earth is flat but I also don't believe that is a real picture of the Earth.

• Agree
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
I don't believe the Earth is flat but I also don't believe that is a real picture of the Earth.

Okay,.. I'm not sure if it is or not but it said that it was,.. but anyways that's not the point. Real or not that's what the earth looks like. We can all agree on that at least right?

• Agree
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Okay,.. I'm not sure if it is or not but it said that it was,.. but anyways that's not the point. Real or not that's what the earth looks like. We can all agree on that at least right?

It should look similar to that...

Reactions: April_Rose
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Exactly and how could it spin if it was flat? Not to mention people and animals would be falling off the earth by now.

I was speaking in reference to the shadow that the earth casts on the moon. We can see the shape of the earth with our own eyes. No matter where the moon is, in relation to the horizon; the curvature of the shadow remains the same. If the earth was any shape other than a sphere, the shape of the shadow would change in reference to moons position to the horizon. This can be demonstrated with a darkened room, a flashlight, and a couple of household items.

This understanding came to me as I was dwelling on YHWH's moedim. I haven't performed the experiment; but I can work through it intuitively.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
I was speaking in reference to the shadow that the earth casts on the moon. We can see the shape of the earth with our own eyes. No matter where the moon is, in relation to the horizon; the curvature of the shadow remains the same. If the earth was any shape other than a sphere, the shape of the shadow would change in reference to moons position to the horizon. This can be demonstrated with a darkened room, a flashlight, and a couple of household items.

It really is too late for me to think lol XD

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
You're never going to convince certain people that it's not. They'll call you brainwashed and deceived by Satan.

Lol I find that a little hard to believe that they would do that. XD If that's the case then they would do the same thing for the astronomers.

• Haha
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0