LONDON
✟8,314.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I have read stuff by Randy Clarke, and he seems to present a petty good case. Receiving the tangible anointing or gifting for specific ministry. Is this biblical ?

I must admit I have felt the Spirit go in me and come over me like a wind etc, and have often wondered what was happening.

Is this a gimmick or can we catch this and pass it on ???

Any thoughts ?:thumbsup:

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sigh!! Oh yeah, I have some comments ...

The doctrine of impartation (it’s pronounced with an ‘f’ instead of a ‘p’, in our neck of the woods) is another of those latter-day ‘man’-ufactured tenets of pop-theology designed to give credence to otherwise dis-credible men (seldom women) who seem to have a lust for power. There’s just enough misinterpreted and misapplied scriptures to thread together to make it a doctrine.

“Impartation” assumes that the one doing the imparting actually has the power or authority to ‘impart’ the Holy Spirit or spiritual gift to those on whom they lay their hands. It’s assuming the man-ufactued the role of mediator between God and man.

Here’s a farce of an ‘impartation’ ceremony (in four parts, if you can stand it) where the Holy Spirit?, power?, miracles?, was ‘imparted’ to Todd Bentley just days before his real character was exposed. It did as much to discredit the ‘doctrine’ as anything I can think of. (Please note the self-aggrandizing titles the speaker, Peter Wagner, uses). Anyhow, here it is …
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqaoskr5wlc
~Jim
If you have not chosen the Kingdom of God first,
in the end it will make no difference what you have chosen instead.

Upvote 0

disciple-ofjesus

Dec 23, 2009
New York
✟2,839.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks for both responses so far. I respect them both.

Peace brothers

bbbuut...buut but...I am not a bro!! lol:p

I love and repect Randy Clark. He has a book out, haven't read it, can't think of the name off the top of my head,but you might want to check it out. Let me see if I can find it.

Upvote 0

Aimiel

Moved to A Site with Freedom of Speech
Aug 7, 2010
Ohio
Visit site
✟8,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Randy Clark spoke at our church one time, and John Kilpatrick has several times. So has Steven Hill. I wholeheartedly endorse all three. Yes, impartation is Biblical, as are the five ministry gift anointings: apostle, prophet, pastor, evangelist and teacher. You can't throw out one (or two for that matter) without throwing out the others. God doesn't give gifts and then take them back. His Body is alive and well, and He is restoring the ministry gifts with His Anointing.

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

My objection to this is that you are correct in saying that God gives gifts. Men don’t nor do men “impart” them.

~Jim

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:doh: here we go again....bash people and ministry threads..YAY! :clap: glad it is happening.

****&

You seem to have a problem with “bashing” (your word, not mine) things that bring shame to the cause of Christ. I don't.

~Jim

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mrhappy3

May 9, 2006
LONDON
✟8,314.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
k, found the name of the book...There Is More.

Sorry !

I just finished reading it - its very honest and balenced.

I liked it - he's a well studied man.

Very enlightening.

His take on the baptism in the Spirit is interesting - we all need a visitation, with or without tongues.

He is ex baptist - so he has nothing to hide.

He was broke and barren and like us all said - "There has to be something tangible and real out there"

He found it.:)

Upvote 0

Aimiel

Moved to A Site with Freedom of Speech
Aug 7, 2010
Ohio
Visit site
✟8,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My objection to this is that you are correct in saying that God gives gifts. Men don’t nor do men “impart” them.
The Gift that is in me through the laying on of hands is known as: The Holy Ghost! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

disciple-ofjesus

Dec 23, 2009
New York
✟2,839.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry !

I just finished reading it - its very honest and balenced.

I liked it - he's a well studied man.

Very enlightening.

His take on the baptism in the Spirit is interesting - we all need a visitation, with or without tongues.

He is ex baptist - so he has nothing to hide.

He was broke and barren and like us all said - "There has to be something tangible and real out there"

He found it.:)

Awesome! Praise the Lord! I just read too, where he has left the Vineyard movement. So yeah, he has nothing to hide. I hope to borrow the book from my friend. YES, we do all need a visitation that is SO good.:clap:

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have read stuff by Randy Clarke, and he seems to present a petty good case. Receiving the tangible anointing or gifting for specific ministry. Is this biblical ?

I must admit I have felt the Spirit go in me and come over me like a wind etc, and have often wondered what was happening.

Is this a gimmick or can we catch this and pass it on ???

Any thoughts ?:thumbsup:

Be VERY careful and look at Randy Clarke's roots and who he is associated with.
In January 1984, Randy Clark met John Wimber (founder of the Vineyard Movement) for the first time. John prayed for him and prophesied many encouraging words. Among those words, which Randy has never forgotten, were: “You are a prince in the Kingdom of God.” Although discouraged prior to receiving this prophecy, Randy was greatly encouraged afterward. A few months later, Randy discovered what else God spoke audibly to John that night. When Randy asked why he had been put on the Leadership Council of the Vineyard when he had less than 50 people in the new church he was starting, and everyone else on the council had churches from 500-5,000, a close confidante of John Wimber told him, “John didn’t invite you onto the council because of what you have done, but because of what God told him audibly you will do. You are going to go around the world and lay your hands upon pastors and leaders for impartation of the Holy Spirit, and to stir up and impart the gifts of the Spirit.”

It was not Bently but John Wimber. In fact, he sat on the leadership council for the Vineyard movement.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sigh!! Oh yeah, I have some comments ...

The doctrine of impartation (it’s pronounced with an ‘f’ instead of a ‘p’, in our neck of the woods) is another of those latter-day ‘man’-ufactured tenets of pop-theology designed to give credence to otherwise dis-credible men (seldom women) who seem to have a lust for power. There’s just enough misinterpreted and misapplied scriptures to thread together to make it a doctrine.

“Impartation” assumes that the one doing the imparting actually has the power or authority to ‘impart’ the Holy Spirit or spiritual gift to those on whom they lay their hands. It’s assuming the man-ufactued the role of mediator between God and man.

Here’s a farce of an ‘impartation’ ceremony (in four parts, if you can stand it) where the Holy Spirit?, power?, miracles?, was ‘imparted’ to Todd Bentley just days before his real character was exposed. It did as much to discredit the ‘doctrine’ as anything I can think of. (Please note the self-aggrandizing titles the speaker, Peter Wagner, uses). Anyhow, here it is …

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqaoskr5wlc

~Jim

hmmn, an I thought that was or-dain-ment...pronounced with a 'v' of course.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mrhappy3

May 9, 2006
LONDON
✟8,314.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Be VERY careful and look at Randy Clarke's roots and who he is associated with.
In January 1984, Randy Clark met John Wimber (founder of the Vineyard Movement) for the first time. John prayed for him and prophesied many encouraging words. Among those words, which Randy has never forgotten, were: “You are a prince in the Kingdom of God.” Although discouraged prior to receiving this prophecy, Randy was greatly encouraged afterward. A few months later, Randy discovered what else God spoke audibly to John that night. When Randy asked why he had been put on the Leadership Council of the Vineyard when he had less than 50 people in the new church he was starting, and everyone else on the council had churches from 500-5,000, a close confidante of John Wimber told him, “John didn’t invite you onto the council because of what you have done, but because of what God told him audibly you will do. You are going to go around the world and lay your hands upon pastors and leaders for impartation of the Holy Spirit, and to stir up and impart the gifts of the Spirit.”

It was not Bently but John Wimber. In fact, he sat on the leadership council for the Vineyard movement.

Hagin operated in a similar fashion - I like Hagin (a good hearted man, although not perfect in all his doctrinal ways, no one is)) - I have friends who say he is a heretic - it seems when you do stuff for God - you are labelled a heretic.

ah well.

:)

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hagin operated in a similar fashion - I like Hagin (a good hearted man, although not perfect in all his doctrinal ways, no one is)) - I have friends who say he is a heretic - it seems when you do stuff for God - you are labelled a heretic.

ah well.

:)

Yup, in fact Hagin often said -

"You can never be too on fire for the things of God, because there are plenty of wet blankets around.

I have great respect for John Wimber, I was trying to - tongue in cheek - let JimB know he missed it by his reaction and bringing Bentley into the picture once again, when in fact it was the founder of the movement he is personally submitted to that not only endorsed Clark, but help him start his ministry of impartation.

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
hmmn, an I thought that was or-dain-ment...pronounced with a 'v' of course.

Actually they called it a “commissioning” service but it was an impartation meeting all the same. Watch the entire ceremony, all 4 clips. A pile by any other name smells just a bad.

~Jim
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Upvote 0