Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As we enter week two of the House impeachment inquiry, it seems pretty clear that Democrats are suffering a massive ordnance failure. Their “bombshells” are not exploding.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The opinion piece is behind a paywall.

no, I don’t subscribe to this rag, but can see it

second paragraph:

The first unexploded bombshell came when acting ambassador to Ukraine William B. Taylor Jr. testified that a member of his embassy staff had overhead a cellphone conversation between President Trump and Gordon Sondland, the U.S. ambassador to the European Union, in a Kyiv restaurant in which Trump discussed the need for Ukrainian officials to pursue “investigations.” Aha, Democrats cried! A firsthand witness could now testify they heard Trump pressing the Ukrainians for investigations.

Um, so what? Trump had already released a rough transcript of his call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky in which he had pressed him for investigations. The overheard call told us nothing we did not already know. Indeed, the only one likely to get in trouble from this revelation is Sondland, who violated operational security by calling the president in public on an unsecure cellphone.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
no, I don’t subscribe to this rag, but can see it

Lmbo. It's on account of how you don't read the "rag" you're promoting that you can see it. Wapo gives folks access to a limited number of free articles a month. I read it pretty often so I've exceeded mine. Now I could clear my cookies to get access to it, but not willing to do that when I've got so much else open all on account of how you didn't post anything in your OP.

second paragraph:

The first unexploded bombshell came when acting ambassador to Ukraine William B. Taylor Jr. testified that a member of his embassy staff had overhead a cellphone conversation between President Trump and Gordon Sondland, the U.S. ambassador to the European Union, in a Kyiv restaurant in which Trump discussed the need for Ukrainian officials to pursue “investigations.” Aha, Democrats cried! A firsthand witness could now testify they heard Trump pressing the Ukrainians for investigations.

Um, so what? Trump had already released a rough transcript of his call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky in which he had pressed him for investigations. The overheard call told us nothing we did not already know. Indeed, the only one likely to get in trouble from this revelation is Sondland, who violated operational security by calling the president in public on an unsecure cellphone.

LMBO!!!!! The "rough" part is at least honest. It left out key elements.

Gordon Sondland was hand-picked by Donald to be the ambassador. This despite being that he had absolutely no business being handed that on account of how he had zero experience, but he'd paid good money for it. His laziness & ineptitude at security protocol is unsurprising considering that he was totally unqualified for the job. But Donald didn't give a diddly dang about that.

Sondland testified about Donald's shady antics, under oath.

Let Donald testify under oath, if he can find any courage to, lol.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Isn't the Washington post very right wing. Also I cant get on my cell phone.

Well I suspect that was the point - that folks are supposed to just give the OP a like or what have you based on the thread title alone trying to make the case.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well I suspect that was the point - that folks are supposed to just give the OP a like or what have you based on the thread title alone trying to make the case.
Is that like the political comments of the past week here in the threads from two sides that both seem to have not drawn their own conclusions from watching the actual proceedings, but instead have let their ears be tickled by pundits analyzing clips who of course have a much better understanding of what is going on. That's like taking a preachers word over scripture.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Is that like the political comments of the past week here in the threads from two sides that both seem to have not drawn their own conclusions from watching the actual proceedings, but instead have let their ears be tickled by pundits analyzing clips who of course have a much better understanding of what is going on. That's like taking a preachers word over scripture.

That's why it's best to listen to the hearings for yourself.

Reactions: GodLovesCats
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That's why it's best to listen to the hearings for yourself.
Exactly and then continue deluding oneself with partisan loyalties. The white has warned the red/blue of the consequences but they don't care. Neither wants to give in and work together for the people. This is all us against them and not for the people but of course they look busy for four years. Actually the American people don't deserve better as they too will be lost without their favourite sport event.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Fiona Hill eviscerated the Republican defense today. It was brutal.
Also the democrats for playing the same partisan game. Not to mention supporters of either side for playing into the hands of the Russians. Congrats guys.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
As we enter week two of the House impeachment inquiry, it seems pretty clear that Democrats are suffering a massive ordnance failure. Their “bombshells” are not exploding.
You prefer fireworks?

No thanks.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You prefer fireworks?

No thanks.

with what the resist movement and their media is offering as evidence, it’s not even the tail end of a sparkler.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Their “bombshells” are not exploding.
It is not clear that he did anything wrong and if he did it is so minor that it would be like putting someone in jail for life for a parking ticket. I just had my cable stations disconnected because I am not interested in this garbage anymore.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It is not clear that he did anything wrong and if he did it is so minor that it would be like putting someone in jail for life for a parking ticket. I just had my cable stations disconnected because I am not interested in this garbage anymore.
Oh man, you really missed out if you didnt hear Fiona Hill.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh man, you really missed out if you didnt hear Fiona Hill.
I did a search, it looks like she said: that Russia’s goal was to weaken the United States, partly by sowing internal dissent. So this is all a communist plot?

Upvote 0