Kansas City, Missouri
✟15,463.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Faith in the purest sense is the ceasing of resistance, even when there’s no physical evidence, when the other evidence is present – the other evidence is physical, proof.

Not feeding ourselves on what God hasn’t done.

Faith in it’s purest form is the absence of resistance.

Faith doesn’t deny a problems existence, it denies it influence.

He or she was someone whom aridity and desolation never disturbed, for he or she had a deeply rooted and vigorous faith

Jonathan Mathews

Dec 5, 2015
Indianapolis
✟33,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is written, "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for... instruction.." - 2 Timothy 3:16

So if you want God's answer, here it is:

KJV "Faith is the substance of things hoped for (1), the evidence of things not seen (2)" Hebrews 11:1
ESV "Faith is the assurance of things hoped for (1), the conviction of things not seen (2)." Hebrews 11:1

Explanation:

1) Faith is the real, present, experience of things that we look forward to. It is a literal, current possession of future promises that we long for God to fulfil. It is the 100% assuredness that we already posses what we've been promised by God, while at the same time looking forward to it being fulfilled all the more.

2) Faith is the physical, tangible, visible "fruits", product, or "evidences" in our lives of the promises of God. It is the reaction of this physical real to the existence of the Spirit of God in us. For example, God speaks about our future, and He has done enough in the past for us to believe that what He says will be. Therefore, when we act (in the present) according to what He has said will be (in the future), that very activity IS our Faith... it is the unseen glory of God (our future hope), manifesting presently thru us, into the current, natural realm.

setst777
setst777
The manifestation of the Gospel Faith by which we belong to Christ is as follows:

Galatians 5:24-25 (WEB) 24 Those who belong to Christ have crucified the flesh with its passions and lusts. 25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Jonathan Mathews

Dec 5, 2015
Indianapolis
✟33,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To be "saved" really means to posses (or rather, be possessed by) the Immortal Life of God Himself. Jesus is the Author and Finisher of our Faith, meaning He planned it, wrote it, fulfilled it, and is forever securing it for me. So it was God who made sure I heard the Gospel, and I responded to it by receiving Jesus Christ and obeying Him, and that Grace of God (His Power) is saving me by His Spirit's working from my insides outward into all of who I am and what I do. That is what it means to be Saved.... by Grace, not of works. If God does not keep me, I am lost. But if He has saved me, He WILL save me. This is my confidence.... that God will keep what I've committed unto Him until that Day!! Jesus is my ONLY Hope.

Reactions: Dan1988
Upvote 0