The day of reckoning. What will replace the standard solar theory?

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
And more make believe. The temperature of the Sun only gets hotter the deeper you go.

False. We start out at a million degrees+ in the corona. It gets *cooler* the chromosphere, down to a chilly 20,000K. It goes *colder* as we dive into the 4500-6000 degree layer you're calling a "photosphere". Only in your now *falsified model* does it get "hotter" the deeper we go into the solar atmosphere!

They haven't been falsified.
Talk about pure denial:

Weak solar convection – approximately 100 times slower than scientists had previously projected | Watts Up With That?

“Our current theoretical understanding of magnetic field generation in the Sun relies on these motions being of a certain magnitude,” explained Shravan Hanasoge, an associate research scholar in geosciences at Princeton University and a visiting scholar at NYU’s Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences. “These convective motions are currently believed to prop up large-scale circulations in the outer third of the Sun that generate magnetic fields.”
“However, our results suggest that convective motions in the Sun are nearly 100 times smaller than these current theoretical expectations,” continued Hanasoge, also a postdoctoral fellow at the Max Plank Institute in Katlenburg-Lindau, Germany. “If these motions are indeed that slow in the Sun, then the most widely accepted theory concerning the generation of solar magnetic field is broken, leaving us with no compelling theory to explain its generation of magnetic fields and the need to overhaul our understanding of the physics of the Sun’s interior.”
You lost both your power supply for "reconnection", you also lost your reason for claiming that the sun doesn't mass separate. It was a two-for-one falsification of mainstream theory actually.

No, they are not visible underneath the photosphere. More make believe.
I provided *real mathematical models* whereas you provided nothing to support your claim. I provided visual links between magnetic fields on and hot spots on the surface of the photosphere with coronal loop activity. I've provided images that show the flux ropes descending down and into the penumbral filaments as *predicted* by those mathematical models you keep ignoring.

You're the one playing "make-believe" that you can support your claims.

Not falsified at all. You keep harping on convection, but that does not falsify the standard model.
Whom shall I believe, your or the scientists I quoted?

All you had was your supposed iron lines, and that has been thrown out the door.
Pure denial. I showed you mass flows that come up and through the surface of the photosphere. I showed you visual connections between the angle of the punumbral filaments and the angles of the flux ropes. I've provided you with mathematical models as well. You're in pure denial at this point.

Convection is still there,
It's two full orders of magnetic *too small* to explain a solar flare now!

and the photosphere is still opaque and hotter than it could ever be for any solid surface.
Again with your butchered understanding of the term opaque? You can't even demonstrate that the term "opaque" in standard theory prevents me from seeing *under* the surface of the photosphere! You keep dodging that point too. Why?

Your Birkeland model is seriously falsified.
Not by you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
The photosphere is 4500 at the surface and 6000 at the opaque transfer deeper in the photosphere. Take your pick. Getting hotter as you go down.

So magically it goes from being "cooler" as we go deeper (million degree corona->20,000K chromosphere->4500K photosphere, and suddenly for no particular reason it starts getting hotter? Why? What's the heat source of the corona again?

You think slower convection at the surface falsifies the entire model. It doesn't. Another piece of make believe from you.

Assuming that number does get verified by other, it would in fact actually falsify mainstream theory for both of the primary reasons I mentioned. You lose your energy source for "reconnection" and you lose the ability to "mix" hydrogen and helium with Iron and Nickel.

And more deflection from Michael who wants to cover up the temperature problems for his model.
The only one "deflecting" around here is you while you avoid all those movies and maths from this week and last week. The only deflection going on is your avoidance of the fact that the "opacity" of the photosphere in mainstream theory does *not* prevent me from seeing light from *below* the surface of the photosphere. You keep *dodging* the data and information that you don't wish to deal with. :(

When you stop making up facts we can discuss further.

You mean like you made up that "fact" about it getting hotter as we move *into* the solar atmosphere? You mean like you "made up" those claims about fast convection that were two full orders of magnitude off?

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Here is the wiki page entry:

"The Sun's photosphere has a temperature between 4500 and 6000 K[3] (with an effective temperature of 5777 K) [4] and a density of about 2×10−4 kg/m3;[5] other stars may have hotter or cooler photospheres. The Sun's photosphere is composed of convection cells called granules—cells of plasma each approximately 1000 kilometers in diameter[6] with hot rising plasma in the center and cooler plasma falling in the narrow spaces between them."

What happens with sunspots? The magnetic field lines stop the cooler plasma from falling back into the atmosphere allowing to radiate more heat and cool more than the surrounding plasma. How is this a problem for the current solar model? It isn't.

It's a problem because those "magnetic lines" are already radiating at a million degrees *before* the ever exit the photosphere! It's problem because million degree flux ropes can't "cool" thousand degree plasma magically like you claim. It's a "problem" because the mass flow movements clearly demonstrate that mass flows *up and through* the surface of the photosphere during some types of flare events.

here is nowhere for the heat to go, so as you go deeper towards the hotter power source the plasma gets hotter. Those are the facts that Michael has to deny, and deny he does.
The facts you keep ignoring is that the million degree corona isn't "cooler" than the photosphere as you claimed. We do *not* experience *hotter* plasmas as we descend into the solar atmosphere. Instead we experience *hotter, lighter, more transparent* layers on top of one another. In a Birkeland cathode solar model there is simply another *non opaque layer* in the atmosphere.

Apparently you intend to brazenly ignore all that math that I handed you related to sunspot modeling not to mention all that math by Kosovichev about spicules, and all those images related to alignments found between penumbral filaments and flux ropes as *predicted* in those mathematical models. You intend to ignore those mass flows *through* the photosphere as well. You intend to ignore that convection failure as well. Apparently you intend to simply ignore every single bit of the data that destroys your claims. You've got no math. You've got no supporting images. You've got no energy source to explain a flare. You have no way to support your claim that elements stay "mixed together" at the surface you call a "photosphere". Other than that, your theory is just about completely useless in terms of explaining any SDO images or any SDO data. :doh:

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
So what does that flare on 09/23/2011 look like in 171A?

www.thesurfaceofthesun.com/sdo/hmi-171.mp4

Notice the alignment between the penumbral filaments and flux ropes. Not only is mass moving up and through the surface of the photosphere, the alignment between the flux ropes and the penumbral filaments is exactly what the mathematical models "predict".

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
It's a problem because those "magnetic lines" are already radiating at a million degrees *before* the ever exit the photosphere!

Magnetic force lines do not have a temperature. You might as well ask for the temperature of gravity.

So now, by your own admission, we have millions of degrees plasma below the photosphere, and a photosphere that is already 6,000K at the opaque transition. Like I said, getting deeper and only getting hotter. There can not be a solid surface.

It's a "problem" because the mass flow movements clearly demonstrate that mass flows *up and through* the surface of the photosphere during some types of flare events.

You mean the hotter material below the photosphere pushes the plasma out of the way? So again, we have hotter plasma below the photosphere. Getting deeper, and only getting hotter. There can not be a solid surface.

We do *not* experience *hotter* plasmas as we descend into the solar atmosphere. Instead we experience *hotter, lighter, more transparent* layers on top of one another.

Not when you get to opaque plasmas. There is nowhere for the heat to go, and now way to reduce the pressure as there is in the corona. It only gets denser, and the heat can not go anywhere. It only gets hotter as you move below the photosphere.

In a Birkeland cathode solar model there is simply another *non opaque layer* in the atmosphere.

We are talking about the real Sun, not your make believe.

Apparently you intend to brazenly ignore all that math that I handed you related to sunspot modeling not to mention all that math by Kosovichev about spicules, and all those images related to alignments found between penumbral filaments and flux ropes as *predicted* in those mathematical models. You intend to ignore those mass flows *through* the photosphere as well. You intend to ignore that convection failure as well. Apparently you intend to simply ignore every single bit of the data that destroys your claims. You've got no math. You've got no supporting images. You've got no energy source to explain a flare. You have no way to support your claim that elements stay "mixed together" at the surface you call a "photosphere". Other than that, your theory is just about completely useless in terms of explaining any SDO images or any SDO data. :doh:

You have ignored the entire field of solar scientists who all show that the math falsifies your claims.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
So magically it goes from being "cooler" as we go deeper (million degree corona->20,000K chromosphere->4500K photosphere, and suddenly for no particular reason it starts getting hotter? Why? What's the heat source of the corona again?

For no particular reason? It is one of the hottest (pun intended) topics in solar research. The properties between the corona and the photosphere is extreme. For example, the corona is 1 trillionth the density of the photosphere. Therefore, the corona can heat through mechanisms that the photosphere can not because of the extra degrees of freedom.

Assuming that number does get verified by other, it would in fact actually falsify mainstream theory for both of the primary reasons I mentioned. You lose your energy source for "reconnection" and you lose the ability to "mix" hydrogen and helium with Iron and Nickel.

More misdirection to hide the fact that you can not have a solid surface below the photosphere.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Magnetic force lines do not have a temperature. You might as well ask for the temperature of gravity.

All plasma has a temperature, and all flux ropes, the thing you're calling a "magnetic line" also have a 'temperature'. It's amusing that you seem to think that you're going to get magnetic lines in a plasma atmosphere *without* current and *without* hot plasma. :(

So now, by your own admission, we have millions of degrees plasma below the photosphere, and a photosphere that is already 6,000K at the opaque transition.
You keep *ignoring* the fact that a Birkeland model simply has *more thin non-opaque atmospheric layers* than your model, and you refuse to acknowledge that the various layers in a cathode solar model are not "opaque". In fact you've butchered that term since day one. Even based on *mainstream* definitions of that term, it's *entirely* possible for me to see light from below the surface of the photosphere. You've never even admitted to that much. :(

Like I said, getting deeper and only getting hotter. There can not be a solid surface.
Absolutely false! It gets *cooler* as we go deeper into the solar atmosphere. We start out in a million degree corona, and descend into a 20,000K chromosphere, and then into a 5000K layer you're calling a "photosphere". There's *another non opaque plasma layer* in a cathode solar model! When did you intend to acknowledge that point?

You mean the hotter material below the photosphere pushes the plasma out of the way? So again, we have hotter plasma below the photosphere. Getting deeper, and only getting hotter. There can not be a solid surface.
That hot plasma is the "heat source" of all the upper layers. They would not even be as hot as they are were it not for the flux ropes *heating* the outer layers. Again, you keep *insisting* we judge a Birkeland model based upon *falsified mainstream* model claims! You can't do that!

Not when you get to opaque plasmas.
I don't have any "opaque" atmospheric plasmas in my model! When are you going to accept that fact?

There is nowhere for the heat to go, and now way to reduce the pressure as there is in the corona. It only gets denser, and the heat can not go anywhere. It only gets hotter as you move below the photosphere.
You keep *assuming* it's "opaque" in my model, and it's not. As long as you keep making the same basic mistake, we'll get nowhere. Of course that would appear to be your intent in the first place since you haven't touched any of the contend I've handed you for the past two weeks.

We are talking about the real Sun, not your make believe.
Whatever a "real sun" might be, it's sure not *your* model. That model bit the dust in 2012. You can 'make believe' it didn't happen in that suits you, but denial isn't much of a convincing scientific argument.

You have ignored the entire field of solar scientists who all show that the math falsifies your claims.
No. They falsified *your* solar model in 2012, not mine. :)

Weak solar convection – approximately 100 times slower than scientists had previously projected | Watts Up With That?

“Our current theoretical understanding of magnetic field generation in the Sun relies on these motions being of a certain magnitude,” explained Shravan Hanasoge, an associate research scholar in geosciences at Princeton University and a visiting scholar at NYU’s Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences. “These convective motions are currently believed to prop up large-scale circulations in the outer third of the Sun that generate magnetic fields.”
“However, our results suggest that convective motions in the Sun are nearly 100 times smaller than these current theoretical expectations,” continued Hanasoge, also a postdoctoral fellow at the Max Plank Institute in Katlenburg-Lindau, Germany. “If these motions are indeed that slow in the Sun, then the most widely accepted theory concerning the generation of solar magnetic field is broken, leaving us with no compelling theory to explain its generation of magnetic fields and the need to overhaul our understanding of the physics of the Sun’s interior.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
For no particular reason?

Ya. For no particular reason you *assumed* that layer is "special". We experience significant temperature *drops* as we descend into the solar atmosphere, until we get to what you call a photosphere. At that magic location you simply *assume* that it gets hotter from there.

It is one of the hottest (pun intended) topics in solar research. The properties between the corona and the photosphere is extreme. For example, the corona is 1 trillionth the density of the photosphere. Therefore, the corona can heat through mechanisms that the photosphere can not because of the extra degrees of freedom.
Considering the fact that your power source was falsified in 2012, you really have a *massive* problem on your hands. You don't have the energy to create any hot plasma in your model anymore. You're convection model was off by two entire orders of magnitude, and that speed is related to the strength of the fields. No fast convection, no strong magnetic field generation in your model.

More misdirection to hide the fact that you can not have a solid surface below the photosphere.
Correction. Since you *assume* that the photosphere is opaque, your model cannot have cooler layers under the photosphere. My model has no opaque layers in the solar atmosphere, so it can have cooler layers under the photosphere. As long as you keep *insisting* we judge a cathode solar model by *mainstream* claims, there's no way to have a rational discussion with you. There simply are no 'opaque' atmospheric layers in a Birkeland cathode solar model.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Are you ever going to address those sunspot modeling studies that line up perfectly with the SDO imagery of sunspots? Are you going to address those mass flow movies I posted? Are you going to address Kosovichev's newer work on high temperature filaments that begin *under* the surface of the photosphere?

Apparently the only "argument" that you have is based upon pure bigotry. You apparently *insist* on judging a Birkeland cathode solar model based on *mainstream* claims! That's absurd. As long as your run from the math and the SDO movies, you're just in denial.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
All plasma has a temperature, and all flux ropes, the thing you're calling a "magnetic line" also have a 'temperature'.

Magnetic lines are not plasma. It is the plasma that has temperature, not the magnetic lines.

You keep *ignoring* the fact that a Birkeland model simply has *more thin non-opaque atmospheric layers* than your model,

We are talking about the Sun which does not.

Absolutely false! It gets *cooler* as we go deeper into the solar atmosphere. We start out in a million degree corona, and descend into a 20,000K chromosphere, and then into a 5000K layer you're calling a "photosphere". There's *another non opaque plasma layer* in a cathode solar model! When did you intend to acknowledge that point?

Please show me evidence of the coolor layers below the photosphere. You have never done this.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Magnetic lines are not plasma. It is the plasma that has temperature, not the magnetic lines.

The "magnetic lines" as you're calling them aren't simple "magnetic lines". They are *Birkeland currents* composed of ions and electrons that flow through a "Bennett Pinch" in plasma. That plasma is *hot*. There are no "solid magnets" on the surface of the photosphere. The only thing that can create those powerful magnetic fields on the surface of the photosphere are 'flux ropes" with powerful currents flowing through them.

Even the images blow your claims away. When we overlay the 1700A and magnetogram images, every place we observe a magnetic field on the surface of the photosphere, we also observe "hot spots" where the plasma in that region is notably *brighter* than the surrounding plasma. You're pretty much in hard core denial of every image from SDO at this point. Those Birkeland currents are "hot" compared to the surrounding plasma, millions of degrees hot in fact.

We are talking about the Sun which does not.
Yes, the *real* sun does. Your model doesn't have such a thing of course, but that specific solar model bit the dust in 2012. ;)

Please show me evidence of the coolor layers below the photosphere. You have never done this.
The very fact that the umbra is *cooler* than the surrounding surface should be your first clue. :)

Ya know.....

http://www.thesurfaceofthesun.com/sdo/2012_04_16_16_30_07_2012_04_16_19_29_19_AIA_1700-hq.mp4

You're pretty much in hard core denial of all the mathematical models, all the images, and all the mass flow movements seen in SDO images. Many of the flares that we observe in SDO images blow material up and through the surface of the photosphere. The flux ropes align with both the bright points and the magnetic field points on the surface of the photosphere where they pass through that surface. The flux ropes follow the contours of penumbral filaments down into the sunspot as 'predicted' by those sunspot modeling studies.

That error I made on the first light SDO image actually taught me something important, and it went a long way to explaining the errors that NASA made about the existence of a "transition region'. Apparently the only reason that the mainstream has been claiming that there is actually a "transition region" in the upper atmosphere is based upon the *exact same mistake* that I made in the SDO first light image. The chromosphere is simply "opaque" along the limb. The limb images do not show us a "transition region". They simply show us where the chromosphere turns from transparent to opaque along the limb. They do *not* show where the flux ropes originate! That's the basic error that NASA made, and that's the very same error that you made too.

There is no "transition region" in the solar atmosphere. The flux ropes originate *underneath* of the surface of the photosphere and they pump heat into the upper atmosphere. The mass flow patterns, the SDO images of sunspots and the mathematical models all agree. There is no magical "transition" region in the sky where flux ropes suddenly jump from thousands to millions of degrees. There are only flux ropes originating from *below* the surface of the photosphere. The few large ropes that make it through the the surface of the photosphere leave their magnetic field signatures, and hot plasma signatures on the surface of the photosphere. The mass flows through the photosphere during some flare events is *consistent* with a Birkeland cathode solar model, and *inconsistent* with standard theory! The ropes can "reconnect/discharge' both above and below the surface of the photosphere in a Birkeland cathode solar model.

Standard solar theory is dead. SDO killed it. Not only do the mass flow movements seen in AIA images kill mainstream theory, the HMI data kills it too. It's time to wake up and smell the coffee. Mainstream solar theory isn't going to survive SDO. In terms of explaining the mass flow movements we observe and the flux rope alignments with features on the surface of the photosphere, you can't even deal with the first half dozen images and the first two mathematical studies that I put before you. About the only thing you can do is ignore that data, and run from it. :( Blatant hard core denial is a bad scientific argument. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
The "magnetic lines" as you're calling them aren't simple "magnetic lines". They are *Birkeland currents* composed of ions and electrons that flow through a "Bennett Pinch" in plasma.

Magnetic lines are magnetic lines. They do not have a temperature. It is as silly as asking for the temperature of gravity. Material within the magnetic lines do have a temperature. I think you are confusing the two.

That plasma is *hot*. There are no "solid magnets" on the surface of the photosphere. The only thing that can create those powerful magnetic fields on the surface of the photosphere are 'flux ropes" with powerful currents flowing through them.

There are circulating charged particles which can produce magentic lines.

Even the images blow your claims away. When we overlay the 1700A and magnetogram images, every place we observe a magnetic field on the surface of the photosphere, we also observe "hot spots" where the plasma in that region is notably *brighter* than the surrounding plasma.

You need areas that are COOLER, not hotter. Going deeper and still getting hotter.

The very fact that the umbra is *cooler* than the surrounding surface should be your first clue. :)

You mean the plasma that is kept at the surface of the sun so that it can radiate more heat? This doesn't solve the problem of increasing heat with depth in the photosphere.

You're pretty much in hard core denial of all the mathematical models, all the images, and all the mass flow movements seen in SDO images.

What are these peer reviewed solar mathematical models that include observations of cooler layers below the photosphere?

There is no "transition region" in the solar atmosphere.

Yes, there is. The photosphere goes from emitting the light we see to opaque, and it only gets hotter the deeper you go.

Standard solar theory is dead. SDO killed it.

And yet the entire field of solar scientists disagree. Denial much?

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Magnetic lines are magnetic lines. They do not have a temperature. It is as silly as asking for the temperature of gravity. Material within the magnetic lines do have a temperature. I think you are confusing the two.

No, you seem to be "dumbing down" a physical plasma structure, and a current carrying process in plasma to a simple "magnetic line". A flux rope is not a simple magnetic line. It's a "Bennett Pinch" in plasma according to Alfven. It's a current carrying thread of *plasma* that has a temperature, and has real "physical substance".

You're apparently confusing basic magnetism with plasma physics. :( In terms of solar physics, you'll have to talk MHD theory.

There are circulating charged particles which can produce magentic lines.
The flux rope is a "tornado" like vortex of spinning plasma. It's "pinched" together by the magnetic fields that surround the "current" running through the flux rope. There is both an *ion* temperature to discuss, and the electron temperature as well, and they can vary by several orders of magnitude according to Alfven.

You need areas that are COOLER, not hotter. Going deeper and still getting hotter.
You've never demonstrated that claim! As we descend into the solar atmosphere, we reach a *million* degree corona. It gives way to a 20,000K "chromosphere" as we descend. That 20,000 degree chromosphere gives way to a 4500-6000 degree "photosphere". You're just *assuming* it get's "hotter" from there *in spite of the fact* that *lower* temperature plasmas are often seen in sunspot umbras.

In your magical word, somehow million degree "flux ropes" somehow "cool off" 5800K plasma. How does that work exactly? Talk about thermodynamic impossibilities!

You mean the plasma that is kept at the surface of the sun so that it can radiate more heat? This doesn't solve the problem of increasing heat with depth in the photosphere.
You've not actually demonstrated your claim about temperature increasing with depth, nor have you explained how million degree flux ropes "cool off" 5800K plasmas that we observe in the umbra.

What are these peer reviewed solar mathematical models that include observations of cooler layers below the photosphere?
Cute. Rather than address the mathematical models I handed to you on a silver platter, you ignored those completely and demand more. I love your denial, run, hide, more denial routines. In case you didn't notice, your opportunity to reciprocate gracefully on the origin of flux ropes came and went about 2 weeks ago. :(

Even when I show you mass movement up and through the surface of the photosphere, you pretty much ignored it.

Yes, there is. The photosphere goes from emitting the light we see to opaque, and it only gets hotter the deeper you go.
This is *only true in *your* model*. It does not apply to a Birkeland cathode solar model. Do you understand that each model has to be judged based upon it's *own* claims and physical characteristics?

When you can explain how umbra temperatures are *lower* as a result of *million degree* flux ropes around the umbra, let me know. Until then you're just stuck in pure denial at this point. Every image fits together like a glove, and fits together with the math. You don't care.

And yet the entire field of solar scientists disagree. Denial much?
No, not the entire industry:

I even invited Bridgman to join our conversation if he was so inclined, but he's unwilling to even lend you a hand, even after trying to take credit for your "catch" of my mistake. :(

There is no "transition region" in the upper solar atmosphere. That concept is directly related to limb images that simply show that the so called transition region in the chromosphere, is nothing more than a change in the chromosphere from being transparent to being opaque to those high energy wavelengths. Those limb images tell us *absolutely nothing* about the actual origin of flux ropes. Kosovichev's model is not all that radically different from Alfven's model actually and both of them put the origin of million degree plasmas *under* the photosphere.

You just can't accept that "electrical discharges" can occur both above and below the surface of the photosphere in a cathode solar model, and that "prediction" just so happens to jive with various flares that come up and *through* the surface of the photosphere.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Still waiting for observations of these supposed cooler layers below the photosphere.

Every observation of cooler umbra plasmas supports my claim. Until you can explain how million degree flux ropes somehow magically "cool" 5800K plasma, I'm afraid your model just experienced another major failure.

Notice how you just *avoided* talking about that mass flow that comes *up and through* the surface of the photosphere? Why do you keep avoiding that topic?

Electrical discharges can occur *anywhere* in the solar atmosphere, both above and below the surface of the photosphere in a Birkeland cathode model. You model doesn't even have a remaining power source to explain a flare in the first place, and it cannot explain the heat source for the upper atmosphere!

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
You mean the loops that are above the photosphere?

Ya, those loops. We see them "come up and through" the surface of the photosphere, just as we observe huge mass movements up and through the surface of the photosphere. Both images show that the larger loops can rise up and through the surface of the photosphere, and the flare image shows that the mass flows from the subsurface (photosphere) discharges come up and through the surface of the photosphere. Your model is being falsified on nearly a *daily* basis actually. Anyone can put together a 1700A and 171A image of a sunspot and watch that same mathematical "prediction" from sunspot models play out *perfectly* in images of the sunspot. Anyone can overlay the 1700A and magnetogram images and see that the magnetic fields correlate to "hot" plasmas on the surface of the photosphere, not *cool* plasmas. How long do you think you can keep up this charade about a "transition region" now that SDO Helioviewer images are available?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Every observation of cooler umbra plasmas supports my claim.

No, they don't. Those are IN THE PHOTOSPHERE, not under them. Those are plasmas where convection has been stopped by magnetic lines allowing them to radiate more heat before sinking back down into the photosphere.

I am STILL waiting for observations of cooler layers BELOW the photosphere. Where are they?

Until you can explain how million degree flux ropes somehow magically "cool" 5800K plasma, I'm afraid your model just experienced another major failure.

I have already explained how sunspots cool.

Notice how you just *avoided* talking about that mass flow that comes *up and through* the surface of the photosphere? Why do you keep avoiding that topic?

You mean the mass flows of material that is even hotter than the photosphere? Getting deeper and still getting hotter.

Again, where are these cooler layers below the photosphere?

Upvote 0