East Ohio
✟7,957.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
While I am not a Bale fan, I have no complaints about his performance as Wayne/Batman.

These have been the best Batman films to date. The first one was fantastic in that we get a compelling story in which they DO NOT blow their wad on using big name villains. Yes, Scarecrow and Ra'as Al are long time Batman villains, but not as widely familiar to general audiences like Penguin, Catwoman, or the Joker.

The re-imagined Joker was also brilliant. And there's no reason to suspect Bane's presence will fail (like it did under Joel Shumacher's film).

Since this film will be borrowing heavily from the No Man's Land and The Dark Knight Returns story-lines, I'm expecting an epic finally not really done in a super-hero film yet. Especially an established hero like Batman.

BTW, Bale's performance in "The Fighter" has earned him my respect as an actor.

Upvote 0

wtrailer

May 1, 2011
✟16,728.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's the last movie I really care to see this summer. Enjoyed Prometheus and thought The Amazing Spider-Man was very good. I haven't been a huge fan of these Batman movies. Like many have already stated Ledger's Joker pretty much stole the show. The first one was boring to me. I'm glad this will end the Nolan series. I hope the next team gives Batman more of a comic book feel along the lines of those 2 recent video games - Arkham Asylum and Arkham City.

WT

Upvote 0

judylew

Jun 11, 2012
✟7,965.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm a bit sad that this is Nolan's final film in the series, but I'm also glad that Nolan knows to end the trilogy on a high note than to drag on endless sequels that decline in quality. I can't wait for the next director's take on Batman, but I do hope they give it a good amount of time before a reboot.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

suzybeezy

Reports Manager
Nov 1, 2004
USA
✟82,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My daughter and I are headed out to see a Marathon - which starts with Batman Begins, followed by the Dark Knight and then at 12:01 Dark Knight Rises. It will be so cool cause we got to participate in filming when they were in town, during the big crowd scenes at Heinz field. Wondering if we'll catch a glimpse of ourselves. lol :)

Upvote 0

Solomon Kane

Jun 26, 2005
Columbus, OH. USA
✟19,475.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Politics
US-Constitution
I have to admit that i was not that excited when I heard Bane was going to be the villian. His last apperance in a Batman film left me very underwhelmed.
But the more I've seen on the trailers, the interviews, and clips. the more and more I've been looking forward to seeing this.
so I plan on catching an early showing Friday.

Upvote 0

The Fire Rises

Via, Veritas, Vita
Jul 19, 2012
United States
✟16,918.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just got my widsom teeth removed, so I'm in a bit too much pain to see it this opening weekend.

My master plan is to hook up with my cousin in Indiana and see it with him and our fathers in an IMAX theatre. I've never seen a movie in IMAX, but I've heard its really impresseive.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Fire Rises

Via, Veritas, Vita
Jul 19, 2012
United States
✟16,918.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I recommend watching Batman Begins again, before seeing The Dark Knight Rises, unless you're like me and you watch it a few times a year anyway :)

Haha yep, that's totatlly me. I just watched it yesterday and still notice new things every time I watch it.

Upvote 0

Strider1002

For when I am weak, then I am strong.
May 10, 2011
Pennsylvania
✟62,542.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
My master plan is to hook up with my cousin in Indiana and see it with him and our fathers in an IMAX theatre. I've never seen a movie in IMAX, but I've heard its really impresseive.

Make sure it's real IMAX. Sometimes theaters claim to be IMAX, but the screen is the same size as a normal theater.

"The shadows betray you because they belong to me." There are just... no words that I can use to describe that scene.

Upvote 0

The Fire Rises

Via, Veritas, Vita
Jul 19, 2012
United States
✟16,918.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Make sure it's real IMAX. Sometimes theaters claim to be IMAX, but the screen is the same size as a normal theater.

"The shadows betray you because they belong to me." There are just... no words that I can use to describe that scene.

Yeah I realize I have be wary of the fake IMAX, or "LieMAX" as many people call them lol.

I'm fairly certain that the theatre Im going to is legit IMAX, I've read nothing online to tell me otherwise.

But hey, dont tell me anything about the plot please, although that quote sounds freaking awesome!! Can't wait! :cool:

Upvote 0