Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Psalms 82:2 It is good to declare Your lovingkindness in the morning and Your faithfulness every eveining.

Start the day declaring God's love for you. This will help you to remember that God loves you when something happens that might make you doubt His love. Like what happened to Joseph, sold into slavery by his brothers, then put in prison, then forgotten in prison for at least 2 years. But Joseph always knew God was with him.
And because of that, he was able to save many people, including his brothers who sold him.

End the day by declaring His faithfulness, see what God has done for you and thank Him.
This has the benefit of increasing our faith in Him.

What a good cycle this could be. Declaring His faithfulness at night will also make us understand how much He loves and declaring how much He loves us will give us strength to get through the day.

"give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." (1 Thessalonians 5:18)

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
You are welcome! :)

I just thought I could be a little bit creative today, and since I got those thoughts to mind, I thought; "Why Not?!" ;) :D

God must be smiling right now, because you have surely blessed His heart. And mine too. :)

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God must be smiling right now, because you have surely blessed His heart. And mine too. :)
Thank you! :rose:

I believe He smiles a lot at His children. :) I am glad if I could bless your heart. May God bless you this day!

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I shake my head at my good fortune, yesterday I was an orphan, but somehow today I belong to You,
Makes me want to laugh out loud with joy.

Hahahaaa! LOVE this!!!

I'm playing it in "loop", which makes it repeat itself.

Thanks. :)

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you! :rose:

I believe He smiles a lot at His children. :) I am glad if I could bless your heart. May God bless you this day!

Yer welcome. Thank you for showing those socks, and what you said about them....brought a smile to me heart.

This comes to mind:

"The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing." ~Zeph 3:17

:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Put on the full armor of God. Ephesians 6:10-18
It starts with girding your loins with Truth. John 14:6
Then we go up a little to the breastplate of righteousness. We are righteous by faith. Romans 9:30-32
Then we go down to the feet. They are shod with the preparation of the Gospel. Romans 10:15
Then we go to the left hand where we have the shield of faith with which we quench the fiery darts. Isaiah 54:17
Then we go to the top, the helmet of salvation. This guards our thoughts.
Then in our right hand we have the sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God.

When you follow these directions, holding up your shield and sword you will be ready to fulfill the last item.
1 Timothy 2:8

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I shake my head at my good fortune, yesterday I was an orphan, but somehow today I belong to You,
Makes me want to laugh out loud with joy.

It is like I told Pilgrim and Emli in one of my posted poem threads, that I think laughing out of joy is better than to be laughing of a joke, you can make a joyful sound with laughter of joy which pleases God greatly too.

Thinking of Jesus Christ smiling makes me happy, and now from feeling inspired by one of the last pictures of the end of this song, it makes me happy thinking of Jesus Christ laughing too 'cause of joy. :)

What a blessing it is thinking of Him this way. :blink:

• Agree
Reactions: Doug Melven
Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I read somewhere else about our definition of good is not how God's definition of good is. We will often judge what's good based on what feels good in the flesh, what we see as good in this world we are living in. Yet, in God's eyes it may not be as good for us.

God is Spirit. When He corrects us as well as refines us, He will also be working on parts of us which we normally would consider good, but which can make us more corrupt if it isn't taken away or worked on by Him. Everything He does is to prepare us for eternity, refining us so that we will become holy. And this process will often hurt.

Since we get born into this world, and grow up in this worldly system, we will also adapt to the view of what is seen as good from a human's perspective. We are also entangled in sin, so our fleshly desires and "good" are not far away from us. Everything we learn and see whilst growing up in this world is based out from our fleshly good, in more ways than we may want to admit. There is also a reason we are told to not walk in the flesh but in the Spirit.

Galatians 5:16-18

"I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law".

The good God wants for us may not seem good nor pleasent for us, but we know it is for our best. And we know it is done for us, so that we will become "well-approved" and prepared for an eternity together with Him. Free from any blemishes, and made fully holy in His presence! :holy:

• Agree
Reactions: Doug Melven
Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Micah 6:8 He has shown you what is good and what the LORD requires of you.
Do justly, Treat people with respect, treat others as you would like be treated.
Love mercy, for those times when you fail at the first thing required.
Walk humbly with your God. Believe and say what He says about you. He says you are righteous, worthy and loved. Believe it and say it.

Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When I walked into church this morning there was a tapestry on the wall with pictures of galaxies and planets and other phenomena like that.
And this quote was in the middle.
How cool is it that the same God who created the universe thought the world needed you.

God has an interest in you. A sparrow does not fall to the ground without the Father knowing about it, and you are of much more value than many sparrows.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Psalms 95:1 O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation.
95:2 Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.
95:3 For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods.
95:4 In his hand are the deep places of the earth: the strength of the hills is his also.
95:5 The sea is his, and he made it: and his hands formed the dry land.
95:6 O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker.
95:7 For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,
95:8 Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
95:9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work.
95:10 Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:
95:11 Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.

Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
John 4:10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

This woman was talking to Jesus Christ, the Creator of the Universe. If she had known the gift of God and who she was talking to she would have asked for living water.
We know Jesus and we know who He is. He wants to give us so much more than we ask of Him.
He who spared not His own Son, but gave Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? Romans 8:32

Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God loved you when you were His enemy. He loved you so much He gave His only begotten Son.
How much more does His favor rest upon you now that you are His child?

Romans 5:8 But God demonstrated His love towards us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
9 Having been justified by His blood, how much more will we be saved from His wrath through Him.
10 For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God by death of His Son, how much more will we be saved by His life?

God is not mad at you, He is not even in a bad mood.

Upvote 0