SeRapH&CheRi

Sassy GurlMember!
Apr 3, 2002
eastcoastoftheusa
✟6,276.00
Faith
Christian
Hero said:
You must remember that it was not Jesus that founded Christianity it was Paul, Jesus was but a humble itinerant preacher, claiming not to be the son of God nor the Messiah. You cannot base your knowledge on the Bible. Remember that it was crafted years after Jesus' death by human hands and human hearts; and the versions claiming Jesus to be the Messiah were written some hundred years after his death.

"All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness...." 2 Timothy 3:16.

So essentially, the words written in the Bible, is given by inspiration of God - literally 'God-breathed', not the product of human reasoning.

Now......back to the OP. :)

Upvote 0

Arkansasguy

Dec 27, 2004
✟127.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hero said:
You must remember that it was not Jesus that founded Christianity it was Paul, Jesus was but a humble itinerant preacher, claiming not to be the son of God nor the Messiah. You cannot base your knowledge on the Bible. Remember that it was crafted years after Jesus' death by human hands and human hearts; and the versions claiming Jesus to be the Messiah were written some hundred years after his death.

That sir, is where we disagree. The Bible is the inspired word of God. Jesus did in fact live, did in fact claim to be the Son of God and was in fact the Son of God. You are free to think as you want. But I really have to wonder, if you don't believe, why are you posting on a Christian web site? (Not attacking you, just wondering).

Upvote 0

Hero

Dec 31, 2004
✟115.00
Faith
Unitarian
Fundementalists anger me, so I express my rage in a non-violent way (I'm sorry if I'm crashing a party, I thought all religions were welcome, as long as we stayed on our respective forums). Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't remember reading any scripture where Jesus admits to being the Son of God. And to Seraph, you quoted the Bible when trying to dissprove that the Bible was written by human hands and human hearts? Please cite different sources, directly saying that the Bible is a divine book, that descended from heaven, gilded in gold.

Upvote 0

Arkansasguy

Dec 27, 2004
✟127.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hero said:
Fundementalists anger me, so I express my rage in a non-violent way (I'm sorry if I'm crashing a party, I thought all religions were welcome, as long as we stayed on our respective forums). Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't remember reading any scripture where Jesus admits to being the Son of God. And to Seraph, you quoted the Bible when trying to dissprove that the Bible was written by human hands and human hearts? Please cite different sources, directly saying that the Bible is a divine book, that descended from heaven, gilded in gold.

Again, I was not attacking you, I understand that non-Christians are welcome here, it just stikes me as strange that any non-Christians would bother. Again, you are welcome here!

As to where Chirst stated he was God, this is one reference, there are others. [font=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]

John 14:4-11
4 You know the way where I am going." 5 "Lord," Thomas said, "we don't know where You're going. How can we know the way?" 6 Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. 7 "If you know Me, you will also know My Father. From now on you do know Him and have seen Him." 8 "Lord," said Philip, "show us the Father, and that's enough for us." 9 Jesus said to him, "Have I been among you all this time without your knowing Me, Philip? The one who has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? 10 Don't you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me? The words I speak to you I do not speak on My own. The Father who lives in Me does His works. 11 Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me. Otherwise, believe because of the works themselves
[/font]

Upvote 0

but'n'ben

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset
Feb 24, 2004
✟1,638.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I just bought it and can't put it down. Not sure yet what the contraversal topics are, but I'll get to them soon enough at the rate I'm going through it at. Either way, I don't think it will affect my impression of the book which is that it's hugely gripping and readable.

Upvote 0

but'n'ben

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset
Feb 24, 2004
✟1,638.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
SaUcEGurL said:
I thought the Da Vinci Code was a fairly entertaining piece of fiction. And that's what it is...... FICTION. :)

I live very close to Rosslyn and apparently the Grail is underneath it's floors. Like Brown says, the Rosslyn trust won't let archaeologists near the site but scanning has shown huge vaults underneath the floor. In some vaults, knights are laid out in full armour as if gaurding something but the 'hidden' vault as it's called has never been entered for a long, long time.
I was at Rosslyn recently. It's very very creepy but there is something mysterious about it. Some secrets will never be revealed. There's a lot more to Rosslyn than anyone knows I think.

Upvote 0

but'n'ben

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset
Feb 24, 2004
✟1,638.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hero said:
Fundementalists anger me, so I express my rage in a non-violent way (I'm sorry if I'm crashing a party, I thought all religions were welcome, as long as we stayed on our respective forums). Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't remember reading any scripture where Jesus admits to being the Son of God.

I believe if you read the NT, when the Pharisees ask him "Are you the Son of the Living God?" Jesus answers "It is as you say."

Failing that the prophicies fulfilled by Jesus indicate he is. No one else comes close.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

but'n'ben

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset
Feb 24, 2004
✟1,638.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I assume you mean the bit about Jesus being a man only and not the Son of God and the Holy Grail being Mary Magdeline?

When i got to this bit the previously 5 star book went downhill really quickly. The whole idea of Jesus having a daughter who was protected by the French is so ridiculous it ruined the whole book. Having read this I rally don't want to continue. Although I hate leaving a book half finished it's went along a desperate line to continue the story...and it started out so well. :(

Upvote 0