Prescott, Az
✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
1 Corinthians 10:16. The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the
blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?

Malachi 3:16. Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name.

1 Corinthians 10:21. You cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: you cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.

1 Corinthians 15:33. Do not be deceived: “Evil company corrupts good habits."

Matthew 10:42. And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.

Mark 9:41. For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because you belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward.

Last edited:

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
1 Corinthians 11:
23 For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you: that the Lord Jesus
on the night in which He was betrayed took bread;
24 and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, Take, eat; this is My body
which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me.
25 In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.
26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death
till He comes.
27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily,
shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
29 For he that eats and drinks unworthily, eats and drinks damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.
31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

Matthew 26:

27 And He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink all of it;
28 For this is My blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission
of sins.
29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day
when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Luke 8:
16 No man, when he has lit a candle, covers it with a vessel, or puts it under a bed;
but sets it on a candlestick, that they which enter in may see the light.
17 For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither anything hid, that
shall not be known and come abroad.
18 Take heed therefore how you hear: for whosoever has, to him shall be given; and whosoever has not, from him shall be taken even that which he seems to have.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
1 Corinthians 10:15-24. The Message.
I assume I’m addressing believers now who are mature. Draw your own conclusions: When we drink the cup of blessing, aren’t we taking into ourselves the blood, the very life, of Christ? And isn’t it the same with the loaf of bread we break and eat? Don’t we take into ourselves the body, the very life, of Christ? Because there is one loaf, our many-ness becomes one-ness—Christ doesn’t become fragmented in us. Rather, we become unified in him. We don’t reduce Christ to what we are; he raises us to what he is. That’s basically what happened even in old Israel—those who ate the sacrifices offered on God’s altar entered into God’s action at the altar.
Do you see the difference? Sacrifices offered to idols are offered to nothing, for what’s the idol but a nothing? Or worse than nothing, a minus, a demon! I don’t want you to become part of something that reduces you to less than yourself. And you can’t have it both ways, banqueting with the Master one day and slumming with demons the next. Besides, the Master won’t put up with it. He wants us—all or nothing. Do you think you can get off with anything less?
Looking at it one way, you could say, “Anything goes. Because of God’s immense generosity and grace, we don’t have to dissect and scrutinize every action to see if it will pass muster.” But the point is not to just get by. We want to live well, but our foremost efforts should be to help others live well.

Upvote 0