THE CONTEMPORARY CHRISTIAN MUSIC SCENE IS IMPLODING AS ARTIST AFTER ARTIST IS RENOUNCING FAITH...

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...IN JESUS CHRIST TO FOLLOW THE NEW AGE ‘UNIVERSAL CHRIST’

“Hello, my name is Kevin Max & I’m an #exvangelical,” he tweeted Saturday, sparking a large response from many of his Christian followers. Some praised the musician’s post claiming they were also exvangelicals, a term that has been used commonly in recent years to describe individuals who no longer identify as evangelicals. In response to a social media user who said Max no longer believed in Jesus, the “Jesus Freak” singer quipped, “Nope, didn’t say that, read text carefully.” In another post, Max clarified that he still follows “the Universal Christ.”

Grammy-winning vocalist Kevin Max, a member of the popular Christian band DC Talk who has released music in multiple genres, revealed over the weekend that he considers himself to be an ‘exvangelical’ who follows the ‘universal christ’.

I have been a musician
since the age of 9 years old, a songwriter and performing artist for many years in addition to working as an actor in Hollywood before getting saved in 1991. You would think that someone with my background in the performing arts would be a natural fit in the Contemporary Christian Music scene, but you would be wrong. From the moment I got saved, the songs that resonated with my born again spirit were the old hymns like ‘Blessed Assurance’, ‘Saved By The Blood’, and countless others that sing of Jesus Christ. Contemporary Christian Music sings not of Jesus Christ, but the ‘universal christ’ of the New Age.

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.” Colossians 3:16 (KJB)

In 2021, as the spirit of Antichrist continues to rise over a lost and fallen world, the pretend christians of CCM are revealing their true colors. DC Talk is a band I never liked from the moment I saw the Eye of Horus on their album cover for ‘Jesus Freak’. No Jesus there, just freaks. Now DC Talk band member Kevin Max has come out as an ‘exvangelical’, and wants the world to meet the Universal Christ of the New Age. You might know this ‘universal christ’ by another name, Satan.

Now, lest you think I am being overly harsh in my assessment, please review the following:

Continued below.
The Contemporary Christian Music Scene Is Imploding As Artist After Artist Is Renouncing Faith In Jesus Christ To Follow The New Age 'Universal Christ' • Now The End Begins

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...IN JESUS CHRIST TO FOLLOW THE NEW AGE ‘UNIVERSAL CHRIST’

“Hello, my name is Kevin Max & I’m an #exvangelical,” he tweeted Saturday, sparking a large response from many of his Christian followers. Some praised the musician’s post claiming they were also exvangelicals, a term that has been used commonly in recent years to describe individuals who no longer identify as evangelicals. In response to a social media user who said Max no longer believed in Jesus, the “Jesus Freak” singer quipped, “Nope, didn’t say that, read text carefully.” In another post, Max clarified that he still follows “the Universal Christ.”

Grammy-winning vocalist Kevin Max, a member of the popular Christian band DC Talk who has released music in multiple genres, revealed over the weekend that he considers himself to be an ‘exvangelical’ who follows the ‘universal christ’.

I have been a musician since the age of 9 years old, a songwriter and performing artist for many years in addition to working as an actor in Hollywood before getting saved in 1991. You would think that someone with my background in the performing arts would be a natural fit in the Contemporary Christian Music scene, but you would be wrong. From the moment I got saved, the songs that resonated with my born again spirit were the old hymns like ‘Blessed Assurance’, ‘Saved By The Blood’, and countless others that sing of Jesus Christ. Contemporary Christian Music sings not of Jesus Christ, but the ‘universal christ’ of the New Age.

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.” Colossians 3:16 (KJB)

In 2021, as the spirit of Antichrist continues to rise over a lost and fallen world, the pretend christians of CCM are revealing their true colors. DC Talk is a band I never liked from the moment I saw the Eye of Horus on their album cover for ‘Jesus Freak’. No Jesus there, just freaks. Now DC Talk band member Kevin Max has come out as an ‘exvangelical’, and wants the world to meet the Universal Christ of the New Age. You might know this ‘universal christ’ by another name, Satan.

Now, lest you think I am being overly harsh in my assessment, please review the following:

Continued below.

The Contemporary Christian Music Scene Is Imploding As Artist After Artist Is Renouncing Faith In Jesus Christ To Follow The New Age 'Universal Christ' • Now The End Begins
No more than the Church at large ... after the scandals of sexual assault among the clergy ... and of the failures of large-scale ministry leaders across the evangelical sphere ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What an idiotic, paranoid take on this guy's position that also conveniently ends in a solicitation for donations.

This isn't a "new age" Jesus, nor is it Satan. The author is either an idiot or an outright fraud.

Reactions: Guinan
Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
What an idiotic, paranoid take on this guy's position that also conveniently ends in a solicitation for donations.

This isn't a "new age" Jesus, nor is it Satan. The author is either an idiot or an outright fraud.

All I saw on the page was solicitations for money! Nothing but clickbait

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm laughing at their comment about Hank Hanegraaff converting to the Orthodox Church

EDITOR’S NOTE: When I first got saved back in the early 1990’s, Hank Hanegraaff was one of the first radio Bible expositors I listened to. He had a great radio voice and spoke with great conviction, but as I continued to study the Bible I quickly came to understand that Hanegraaff was teaching Replacement Theology. Not only that, he wasn’t a Bible believer, he was a Bible corrector. So it’s with wry amusement that I see today’s story of his conversion to ‘Roman Catholic Lite’, the Greek Orthodox church. Another false teacher goes home to “mother church”, the Roman and Greek Catholic harlot of Revelation 17.

• Haha
Reactions: dzheremi
Upvote 0

Crwth

He must increase but I must decrease
Feb 26, 2014
✟115,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Unfortunately, very little contemporary "Christian" music do I find actually Christian. Most of it is just pop rock, the music more important than the lyrics. And many churches that employ contemporary "Christian" music do it to bring in young people - not believing the gospel message is powerful enough to attract the youth. You attend these "churches" and music is the focus - stage productions mainly, lots of lights, speakers, the music is so loud you can't hear yourself sing - but then, that seems to be the point - to prevent people from singing to focus their attention on the stage in front of them. They're mini-rock-concerts. We attended one recently where the "worship leader" (i.e. lead singer/guitarist) made the truly bizarre claim that it was Israel's "worship leaders" that led them into the promised land. Ergo, we needed to fully back this group of "worship leaders" - the band, the singers and guitarists on stage.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Unfortunately, very little contemporary "Christian" music do I find actually Christian. Most of it is just pop rock, the music more important than the lyrics. And many churches that employ contemporary "Christian" music do it to bring in young people - not believing the gospel message is powerful enough to attract the youth. You attend these "churches" and music is the focus - stage productions mainly, lots of lights, speakers, the music is so loud you can't hear yourself sing - but then, that seems to be the point - to prevent people from singing to focus their attention on the stage in front of them. They're mini-rock-concerts. We attended one recently where the "worship leader" (i.e. lead singer/guitarist) made the truly bizarre claim that it was Israel's "worship leaders" that led them into the promised land. Ergo, we needed to fully back this group of "worship leaders" - the band, the singers and guitarists on stage.
Individuals from any of the typical ministries of the modern-day church can get the big head (with the exception of the janitorial staff, perhaps).

Certainly, the clergy has proven this to be true ...

• Agree
Reactions: Crwth
Upvote 0