Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
While we don’t hear of any other Apostles besides John speak of the two witnesses, I don’t see where the 2-witnesses would be excused from the same targeted devotee - those within.

For what have I to do with judging outsiders?
Do you not judge those who are within the church?

(1 Corinthians 5:12)​

Therefore, all witnessing being discussed concerning the witnesses time on earth is upon false-Christianity of every tribe and tongue, whether this is the gathering of the formerly scattered member, or the blasphemous interpretations, ruinous teachings currently being expressed from those bearing His name, my position on the enemies of the cross and Spirit are the same.

Behold, recognizing the fallacy results in restoring the church, , from what is known as false-Christianity.

· Heated repugnance for Christianity en-masse
· ‘Hate’ for those who wield spiritual innocence.
· ‘Inclusion’ for all who dishonor Christ.
· ‘Labels’ for all who do not convene.​

For those whom know the difference between which counts more against you in the end; the greater, what you do vs what you say and then re-read the above knowing, that these acts are being performed by folks daily feeding our culture that they represent Christianity and yet are guilty of all of the above.

They profess that they know God; but in works
they deny him, , to every good work reprobate.

Titus 1:16​

Too simple, whether relativistic in study or some brand of infiltration it ends up in the same hole, they spin and spoon this out by the gross to those ill-equipped to know if true or not. The reality-check for those who do know is overly denying correction’s place and time. You may even remember the call,

Get rid of the old yeast, that you may be a new unleavened batch

1 Corinthians 5:7​

Nope, still no good report to tell of, they are not there yet. They are distracted from this chore due to other things like maintaining our welcoming image, no? That is what they call ‘the real need’, Ha! They would be the first to drag out the ‘Accuser of the Brethren’ label at you and then quietly slip away to the former denials. A pure void for the love of Christ of the Bible.

Reactions: quietbloke

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Cleanse me from my sin,Lord. Keep me pure within,Lord. Take me as I am,Lord and make me all Thine own. Keep me day by day,Lord,underneath Thy sway,Lord. Make my heart a palace for Thy royal throne' (Scripture Songs)

Reactions: rocknanchor
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟985,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Cleanse me from my sin,Lord. Keep me pure within,Lord. Take me as I am,Lord and make me all Thine own. Keep me day by day,Lord,underneath Thy sway,Lord. Make my heart a palace for Thy royal throne' (Scripture Songs)
How many times I wish they would fit in just one more of those wonderful emoticons from which to choose QB, 'joy'!

Of course, I am not saying the victorious do not run in consecutive stride w/the above. But those very same victorious brothers and sisters would offer so much a better foothold for the young convert if these things took on more presence, more want to clear ourselves from those things displeasing in His sight.

As it is said, 'the way of the transgressor is hard', and sometimes, so is the way of correction, only, in that instance, the love of God and compassion of Christ are there to bring us through.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟985,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Now some will say, ‘Oh now stop with such inflation to sensationalize all our failings!’ No, this is not such a time. These things have the capability to stop the hearing in its tracks, even here. You want an example? Sure,

Take the justification supposed Christians use for abortion starting off with an endless means to draw us away from this tragedy, this wrong. Even worse, drawing us away from the better options which is further wrong, evil. One example all while bearing the Name of our blessed Savior.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟985,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
As our Lord Jesus said,

“You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you.”

“But if we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous,
forgiving us our sins and cleansing us from all unrighteousness.“

(John 15:3, 1 John 1:9)​

It is again not to be confused with the corruption man introduces and further confusing to suggest what God has done can never be undone by this or any such corruption,

Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you
have handed down. And you do many things like that.

(Mark 7:12)​

But wait, didn't he just say we are “clean”! Does this then mean what we do does have an impact on God’s work in our lives? Does this raise the level of responsibility in my life regarding conduct? Possibly, there is fear in the camp because this enticement is being maintained. But isn’t it so, willing participants in the act of presuming or accepting something as true when it isn’t?

• Friendly
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟985,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you
have handed down. And you do many things like that.

(Mark 7:12)
If they don't believe Jesus is saying "many things" nullify the word of God, then that puts me squarely in the adversary's seat. Is that right reader?

• Friendly
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟985,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Now if that resistance to “many things” from many Christians proves true, then they are under the impression this is somehow 'liberty' from God, is that correct? Goodness me, oversight has fully abandoned ship! Doesn’t anyone promote scripture anymore? The only thing aligning this to scripture is “, , that which I would not, I keep right on doing” (Romans 7:19).

But that is the preamble of death, not life! True liberty given by our union to Christ is just as stated,

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.

(James 1:22-25)​

Let there be no confusion as to why then I am the 'adversary', because of the adoration. Didn't Jesus prove the preacher's words true?

“You cannot help the first look, but the second is sin.”

But with that ignoring they got caught in the bog form of sin, not the spirit of the message. It isn't the spaghetti-strap that hurls the man into error, the very face of a woman can do that. What form then do we seek?

If you love me, keep my commands.

(John 14:15)​

As stated,

He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar,
and the truth is not in him. But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God
is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him.

(1 John 2:4,5)​

The liars all rise to contest "legalism, legalism!" because of the grievous nature of keeping commandments, this isn't one of those times,

For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments:
and his commandments are not grievous.

(1 John 5:3)​

I chose the non-grievous love of God and not the temporary gratification of the flesh.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟985,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So then, doesn’t the deceiver end up saying more and more in an effort just to cover more and more of the above forgetfulness?

How hard this is on the new covert! How then is such hidden denial recognized when the craft is to use subtly to lead others astray? Beware, it isn't God creating this unseen burden, that is the first lie!

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟985,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
A sad remark for an AOG forum that maintains,

“The Scriptures, , are, the infallible, authoritative rule of faith and conduct.”

- AOG “Fundamental Truth”​

If random neglect takes precedence over that 'authority', we are no better than any other cult using abrogation to delight the culture, otherwise known as “menpleasers”.

We either defend pleasure or the word of God.

• Agree
Upvote 0