Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
You're a broken record. What happened 6 days after Jesus said that???? Peter, James and John, saw Jesus glorified before their eyes and Moses and Elijah with Him. Jesus did not lie. You don't think that was Jesus with His kingdom in power?? Jesus did not say---they would see Him coming at His 2nd coming. He said they would see His kingdom with power. That is what they saw 6 days later.
You, yourselves keep repeating that it is not good for man to be alone. Yet God keeps John on earth, in transformed body---all alone with no one he can even reveal himself too. There is not one single account in these several 1000 years of any transformed being walking the planet.
You are wrong again:

"The Transfiguration
There are several significant objections to the theory that proposes Christ’s prophecy was fulfilled by the transfiguration scene.

(1) There is nothing in the subsequent context that indicates the event on the mountain was a fulfillment of Jesus’ words of the previous week. On the mountain the Lord alluded to things yet to come, e.g., his impending death (Luke 9:31), but he did not refer to his prophecy regarding the coming kingdom.

(2) The disciples did not express their convictions (nor preach them) that the kingdom had arrived. In fact, they were still anticipating the kingdom at the time of the Savior’s ascension (Acts 1:6).

(3) The Lord’s language that “some shall not taste of death until they see the kingdom” strongly suggests a degree of chronological distance, not an event a mere six days hence.

(4) While the glory of Christ was manifest exceedingly in the transfiguration scene, there was no phenomenal demonstration of “power” on that occasion that resulted in a visual acknowledgement that the “kingdom” had arrived. Contrast this with the events of the day of Pentecost (Acts 2). Moreover, the language of these passages is much “too far-reaching to suit an event that three persons and no others witnessed” just six days later (Clarke 1881, 125). Moreover, there was hardly a “coming” in any legitimate sense of that term.

(5) Finally, as McGarvey observed with reference to Matthew 16:28, at the time of the transfiguration Jesus was not yet “in” his kingdom, as this text specifies he would be when the prophecy was realized (1875, 149)."

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
You are wrong again:

"The Transfiguration
There are several significant objections to the theory that proposes Christ’s prophecy was fulfilled by the transfiguration scene.

(1) There is nothing in the subsequent context that indicates the event on the mountain was a fulfillment of Jesus’ words of the previous week. On the mountain the Lord alluded to things yet to come, e.g., his impending death (Luke 9:31), but he did not refer to his prophecy regarding the coming kingdom.

(2) The disciples did not express their convictions (nor preach them) that the kingdom had arrived. In fact, they were still anticipating the kingdom at the time of the Savior’s ascension (Acts 1:6).

(3) The Lord’s language that “some shall not taste of death until they see the kingdom” strongly suggests a degree of chronological distance, not an event a mere six days hence.

(4) While the glory of Christ was manifest exceedingly in the transfiguration scene, there was no phenomenal demonstration of “power” on that occasion that resulted in a visual acknowledgement that the “kingdom” had arrived. Contrast this with the events of the day of Pentecost (Acts 2). Moreover, the language of these passages is much “too far-reaching to suit an event that three persons and no others witnessed” just six days later (Clarke 1881, 125). Moreover, there was hardly a “coming” in any legitimate sense of that term.

(5) Finally, as McGarvey observed with reference to Matthew 16:28, at the time of the transfiguration Jesus was not yet “in” his kingdom, as this text specifies he would be when the prophecy was realized (1875, 149)."

Thank you for the LDS versiuon of this passage. I expect you will not be surprised when I say that ---sorry---but no- I do not expect you to let go a a nonsense believe like translated beings roaming the earth. Esp. when no one, in over 2500 years has ever seen one. When on the other hand---many stories of angels. And they are afterall the ones appointed by God to be His messengers, it is why they were created. The translated beings have gone on to their reward to be with the heavenly Father. Now---this has gotten to the point where it is yes, no, yes, no, yes, no---I don't know about anyone else---but I am most definately bored with the subject. Esp. when there is no verse that sttes any translated being is now on earth. The very name meaniong---gone to heaven without seeing death, any other outcome, is not biblical, nor makles any snese at all and would have the need of a different word to describe that. It will take the Good Lord Himself to get you to uinderstand His truth, and I expect you all will be argueing with God about your ideas. Good luck with that one.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for the LDS versiuon of this passage. I expect you will not be surprised when I say that ---sorry---but no- I do not expect you to let go a a nonsense believe like translated beings roaming the earth. Esp. when no one, in over 2500 years has ever seen one. When on the other hand---many stories of angels. And they are afterall the ones appointed by God to be His messengers, it is why they were created. The translated beings have gone on to their reward to be with the heavenly Father. Now---this has gotten to the point where it is yes, no, yes, no, yes, no---I don't know about anyone else---but I am most definately bored with the subject. Esp. when there is no verse that sttes any translated being is now on earth. The very name meaniong---gone to heaven without seeing death, any other outcome, is not biblical, nor makles any snese at all and would have the need of a different word to describe that. It will take the Good Lord Himself to get you to uinderstand His truth, and I expect you all will be argueing with God about your ideas. Good luck with that one.
That article is from the Christian Courier. I guess you don't like their version either. Why would Jesus say:

(New Testament | Matthew 16:27 - 28)

27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.
if the kingdom of heaven was coming in 6 days? When you look at verse 27 we see that Jesus is talking about His second coming when He will come in His glory with His angels. That is when we will see Him coming in His kingdom. That is when He will reward every man according to his works. John is still on the earth enjoying bringing God's lost sheep back into the fold.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟426,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Whether or not anyone here or in the links given by HITW recognizes it, mmksparbud's identification of the fulfillment of the Lord's words by the Transfiguration is consistent with the witness of the Church Fathers.

Indeed, we have people like St. Hilary of Poitiers (315-368), who wrote in his work On The Trinity the following which directly ties the Lord's earlier statement to the Transfiguration itself:

Nor are the Gospels silent concerning the glory of His present reigning body. It is written that the Lord said, Verily, I say unto you, there be same of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death till they see the Son of Man coming in His Kingdom. And it came to pass, after six days Jesus taketh with Him Peter and James and John His brother, and bringeth them up into a high mountain apart. And Jesus was transfigured before them, and His face did shine as the sun, and His garments became as snow. Thus was shewn to the Apostles the glory of the body of Christ coming into His Kingdom: for in the fashion of His glorious Transfiguration, the Lord stood revealed in the splendour of His reigning body.​

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
That article is from the Christian Courier. I guess you don't like their version either. Why would Jesus say:

(New Testament | Matthew 16:27 - 28)

27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.
if the kingdom of heaven was coming in 6 days? When you look at verse 27 we see that Jesus is talking about His second coming when He will come in His glory with His angels. That is when we will see Him coming in His kingdom. That is when He will reward every man according to his works. John is still on the earth enjoying bringing God's lost sheep back into the fold.

Jesus did not say it would be His 2nd coming, for He had not left this earth yet. He had not even died yet. It was a a small demonstration of what the life of transformed beings His kingdom would be filled with. Not these sickly mortal bodies. When Jesus comes the 2nd time---that is when He comes with EVERY ANGEL, and the translated saints with Him---that is why there will be silence in heaven for the space of 30 minutes-----Nobody there!

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Jesus did not say it would be His 2nd coming, for He had not left this earth yet. He had not even died yet. It was a a small demonstration of what the life of transformed beings His kingdom would be filled with. Not these sickly mortal bodies. When Jesus comes the 2nd time---that is when He comes with EVERY ANGEL, and the translated saints with Him---that is why there will be silence in heaven for the space of 30 minutes-----Nobody there!
Not many people believe that Christ's kingdom has come. Jesus said Thy kingdom come, thy will be done. Therefore most people believe that Christ's kingdom will come at the second coming. There is also this:

(New Testament | Revelation 11:15)

15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

This has NOT happened yet, but it will.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Not many people believe that Christ's kingdom has come. Jesus said Thy kingdom come, thy will be done. Therefore most people believe that Christ's kingdom will come at the second coming. There is also this:

15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Yes, we know He hasn't come. Has nothing to do with John still roaming the earth.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Yes, we know He hasn't come. Has nothing to do with John still roaming the earth.
(New Testament | John 21:22)

22 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.

John will tarry on the earth until the second coming.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

22 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.

John will tarry on the earth until the second coming.

Broken record/ can't read syndrom.

Joh 21:23 Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet
Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee?

This is the last rime I write this. You are not reading, you are not seeing what is written. Yu have the mind of JS and his are the ony words you see. The Holy Spirit can be grieved away by consistasntly denying the written word of God. There comes a time when God simply lets people have theor own wayfor they have rejected Him, His truth is His word.

2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married

Broken record/ can't read syndrom.

Joh 21:23 Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet
Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee?

This is the last rime I write this. You are not reading, you are not seeing what is written. Yu have the mind of JS and his are the ony words you see. The Holy Spirit can be grieved away by consistasntly denying the written word of God. There comes a time when God simply lets people have theor own wayfor they have rejected Him, His truth is His word.

2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
As I have explained to you already, John will die but NOT until after the second coming. Jesus Christ already promised John that he would be able to tarry until His second coming. Jesus Christ is NOT wrong. You can believe that He is wrong if you want to, but I will not believe that He is wrong. He made a promise and He will keep it.

John will NOT die until AFTER the second coming.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
As I have explained to you already, John will die but NOT until after the second coming. Jesus Christ already promised John that he would be able to tarry until His second coming. Jesus Christ is NOT wrong. You can believe that He is wrong if you want to, but I will not believe that He is wrong. He made a promise and He will keep it.

John will NOT die until AFTER the second coming.

Someone please bring a sledgehammer for the cement of JS logic crammed in the4re!! No. more of this tupidity!! You obviously can only see what JS thi8nks and are unable to think for yourself so --no more. This is just going around and around the same thi9ngs that have been said over and over and over. The LDS hammster wheel.
John is dead and buruied and you can not produce him--we,on the other hand have about 3 tombs.

Little is known about the Basilica of St. John, with its only source being from a small description[3] provided by Procopius in one of his works, Buildings, whereupon he writes:

There chanced to be a certain place before the city of Ephesus, lying on a steep slope hilly and bare of soil and incapable of producing crops, even should one attempt to cultivate them, but altogether hard and rough. On that site the natives had set up a church in early times to the Apostle John; this Apostle has been named “the Theologian,” because the nature of God was described by him in a manner beyond the unaided power of man. This church, which was small and in a ruined condition because of its great age, the Emperor Justinian tore down to the ground and replaced by a church so large and beautiful, that, to speak briefly, it resembles very closely in all respects, and is a rival to, the shrine which is dedicated to all the Apostles in the imperial city...[4]
Construction of the church began by 548 and was completed by 565.[3] The building of this church was presided over by the bishop, Hypatius of Ephesus. As the leading ecclesiastical theoretician and writer of his day, it was possible that he gained the influence of Justinian and had the tomb of St. John reconstructed, as major construction in the Asia Minor was rare.[5] After its completion, it was regarded as one of the holiest churches of its time and was held in great honor as Procopius makes mention of this in his Secret History:

...to the sanctuary of the Apostle John, which was the most holy one there and held in very high honour...[6]
Despite its popularity after the 9th century it was no longer mentioned, possibly due to a new church built in honor of St. John, Church of John the Theologian.[7]

he interior of the vault within the church was covered in mosaic while the walls and pillars were covered in marble plates and decorated in different colors. The floors were also covered in mosaics. Numerous parts of the Basilica were of different arrangement which gave the impression of a large quantity of beautiful enormous oriental carpets[8] covering the entire church “in a fairy-like manner”.[8] Directly beneath the altar laid a crypt with several rooms and of those, the tomb of St. John itself.[13] On the altar itself, the inscription of the 14th verse of the 132nd Psalm can be read where St. John states:

This is my resting place forever, here will I dwell.[8]
The church inside would have also been covered in frescoes. The Ephesus bishop, Hypatius, was known for his advocation in the use of images[5] in the church. After the completion of the St. John's church, the interior was covered by images, representations of saints and scenes from the Old and New Testaments.[5] Paintings would have included those of Christ raising Lazarus from the dead and Christ crowning Justinian and Theodora. Aside from these, other possible epigrams would have appeared inside the church one of which would have been the first book of the Greek Anthology and also paintings that reflect the origins of the church as an imperial commission.[5]

It is believed that the Apostle John traveled from Jerusalem to the city of Ephesus where he remained for the rest of his life. It was during his time there that Emperor Domitian exiled him to the Isle of Patmos, where he wrote Revelation (the Apocalypse). When Nerva became emperor John was pardoned and returned to Ephesus, where he lived the remainder of his days.

Legends and miracles[edit]
During his time and until his death in Ephesus, St John preached about Christianity. According to legend, before he died, Christ, along with all the other apostles, visited St John and said to him:

Come, my beloved one, and join me and all other brethren of thine at my table; the time has finally come to do so,...the Sunday next, thou wilt come to stay henceforth with me.[14]
As the story unfolds, the following Sunday, St. John continued with his preaching of Christianity before finally informing his disciples of his time. Then he entered the cave of his church whereupon an intense light shone, preventing his disciples from entering farther. When the light dissipated, so did St. John.[8] His legend was furthered when the opening of his tomb during Constantine’s reign yielded no body or relics.[8] Another fact that continues to advance the legend of St. John's assumption into Heaven is the fact that while all the other Saints' body or relic has been claimed by at least one or more city/church, St. John (along with Mary, the Mother of Jesus) is the only Saint whose body is not claimed by anyone or anywhere.[8]

It was also said that St. John was not dead in, but sleeping beneath his tomb.[15] And each time he breathed, he would cause the dust around his altar to stir, which in turn, made them holy. Because of this, the dust, called manna, was said to be able to cure the sick.[15]

At least these people were smart enough to say he was taken to heaven. No one but JS has ben dumb enough to say he just didn't die and is still roaming the earth. So if he is still around----by all means, point him out. I have a few questions for him. The first being---what has he been doing for 2500 years?? Only an LDS god would do such a thing to His beloved John.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Read to here. The best way to get through to other's glasses, preconceived ideas is Agape of God. Also, try to understand things from where they are coming from to ask questions related to the heart.

Most of of I did not understand due to being too tired.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Someone please bring a sledgehammer for the cement of JS logic crammed in the4re!! No. more of this tupidity!! You obviously can only see what JS thi8nks and are unable to think for yourself so --no more. This is just going around and around the same thi9ngs that have been said over and over and over. The LDS hammster wheel.
John is dead and buruied and you can not produce him--we,on the other hand have about 3 tombs.

Little is known about the Basilica of St. John, with its only source being from a small description[3] provided by Procopius in one of his works, Buildings, whereupon he writes:

There chanced to be a certain place before the city of Ephesus, lying on a steep slope hilly and bare of soil and incapable of producing crops, even should one attempt to cultivate them, but altogether hard and rough. On that site the natives had set up a church in early times to the Apostle John; this Apostle has been named “the Theologian,” because the nature of God was described by him in a manner beyond the unaided power of man. This church, which was small and in a ruined condition because of its great age, the Emperor Justinian tore down to the ground and replaced by a church so large and beautiful, that, to speak briefly, it resembles very closely in all respects, and is a rival to, the shrine which is dedicated to all the Apostles in the imperial city...[4]
Construction of the church began by 548 and was completed by 565.[3] The building of this church was presided over by the bishop, Hypatius of Ephesus. As the leading ecclesiastical theoretician and writer of his day, it was possible that he gained the influence of Justinian and had the tomb of St. John reconstructed, as major construction in the Asia Minor was rare.[5] After its completion, it was regarded as one of the holiest churches of its time and was held in great honor as Procopius makes mention of this in his Secret History:

...to the sanctuary of the Apostle John, which was the most holy one there and held in very high honour...[6]
Despite its popularity after the 9th century it was no longer mentioned, possibly due to a new church built in honor of St. John, Church of John the Theologian.[7]

he interior of the vault within the church was covered in mosaic while the walls and pillars were covered in marble plates and decorated in different colors. The floors were also covered in mosaics. Numerous parts of the Basilica were of different arrangement which gave the impression of a large quantity of beautiful enormous oriental carpets[8] covering the entire church “in a fairy-like manner”.[8] Directly beneath the altar laid a crypt with several rooms and of those, the tomb of St. John itself.[13] On the altar itself, the inscription of the 14th verse of the 132nd Psalm can be read where St. John states:

This is my resting place forever, here will I dwell.[8]
The church inside would have also been covered in frescoes. The Ephesus bishop, Hypatius, was known for his advocation in the use of images[5] in the church. After the completion of the St. John's church, the interior was covered by images, representations of saints and scenes from the Old and New Testaments.[5] Paintings would have included those of Christ raising Lazarus from the dead and Christ crowning Justinian and Theodora. Aside from these, other possible epigrams would have appeared inside the church one of which would have been the first book of the Greek Anthology and also paintings that reflect the origins of the church as an imperial commission.[5]

It is believed that the Apostle John traveled from Jerusalem to the city of Ephesus where he remained for the rest of his life. It was during his time there that Emperor Domitian exiled him to the Isle of Patmos, where he wrote Revelation (the Apocalypse). When Nerva became emperor John was pardoned and returned to Ephesus, where he lived the remainder of his days.

Legends and miracles[edit]
During his time and until his death in Ephesus, St John preached about Christianity. According to legend, before he died, Christ, along with all the other apostles, visited St John and said to him:

Come, my beloved one, and join me and all other brethren of thine at my table; the time has finally come to do so,...the Sunday next, thou wilt come to stay henceforth with me.[14]
As the story unfolds, the following Sunday, St. John continued with his preaching of Christianity before finally informing his disciples of his time. Then he entered the cave of his church whereupon an intense light shone, preventing his disciples from entering farther. When the light dissipated, so did St. John.[8] His legend was furthered when the opening of his tomb during Constantine’s reign yielded no body or relics.[8] Another fact that continues to advance the legend of St. John's assumption into Heaven is the fact that while all the other Saints' body or relic has been claimed by at least one or more city/church, St. John (along with Mary, the Mother of Jesus) is the only Saint whose body is not claimed by anyone or anywhere.[8]

It was also said that St. John was not dead in, but sleeping beneath his tomb.[15] And each time he breathed, he would cause the dust around his altar to stir, which in turn, made them holy. Because of this, the dust, called manna, was said to be able to cure the sick.[15]

At least these people were smart enough to say he was taken to heaven. No one but JS has ben dumb enough to say he just didn't die and is still roaming the earth. So if he is still around----by all means, point him out. I have a few questions for him. The first being---what has he been doing for 2500 years?? Only an LDS god would do such a thing to His beloved John.
You said:
"At least these people were smart enough to say he was taken to heaven. No one but JS has ben dumb enough to say he just didn't die and is still roaming the earth. So if he is still around----by all means, point him out. I have a few questions for him. The first being---what has he been doing for 2500 years?? Only an LDS god would do such a thing to His beloved John."

Well it was Jesus Christ not Joseph Smith that said that John would tarry until He came again. John is certainly not buried in three graves unless he was dismembered. I find that hard to believe. There is nothing more fulfilling than doing the work of the Lord therefore I know that John is happy.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
You said:
"At least these people were smart enough to say he was taken to heaven. No one but JS has ben dumb enough to say he just didn't die and is still roaming the earth. So if he is still around----by all means, point him out. I have a few questions for him. The first being---what has he been doing for 2500 years?? Only an LDS god would do such a thing to His beloved John."

Well it was Jesus Christ not Joseph Smith that said that John would tarry until He came again. John is certainly not buried in three graves unless he was dismembered. I find that hard to believe. There is nothing more fulfilling than doing the work of the Lord therefore I know that John is happy.

But that is the point you are to blind to see -- scripture says Jesus did not say it---He only said IF I wish for him to tasrry until I comes back, what business is that of his? HJe never said He would not die on ly that if He didn't, it was none of Peter's business? The fact that you can not see the difference and insist that Jesus said something He clearly did not shows everyone that it is neither truth, noir sxcriptures that run you mind, but only and always JS---you guys live in a world totally controlled by what JS imagines. It is unbelievably sad to see such blindess.

Mat 10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
Mat 10:15 Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

Sometimes nothing else one can do but shake the dust off your feet and move on---and so I do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
But that is the point you are to blind to see -- scripture says Jesus did not say it---He only said IF I wish for him to tasrry until I comes back, what business is that of his? HJe never said He would not die on ly that if He didn't, it was none of Peter's business? The fact that you can not see the difference and insist that Jesus said something He clearly did not shows everyone that it is neither truth, noir sxcriptures that run you mind, but only and always JS---you guys live in a world totally controlled by what JS imagines. It is unbelievably sad to see such blindess.

Mat 10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
Mat 10:15 Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

Sometimes nothing else one can do but shake the dust off your feet and move on---and so I do.
Everyone has to die, but Jesus said that John won't die until He comes again. He will tarry on the earth as a translated being until the second coming. Not only John either because He used the word some:

(New Testament | Luke 9:27)

27 But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.

Enoch and Moses will not taste of death until after Christ's second coming. They don't have graves. Neither do the so called graves of John belong to him.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
This entire conversation wouldn't have needed to happen if Joseph Smith just knew what the word "if" means. :doh:
I know what Jesus meant when He said:

New Living Translation
Jesus replied, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? As for you, follow me.”

Contemporary English Version
Jesus answered, "What is it to you, if I want him to live until I return? You must follow me."

Christian Standard Bible
"If I want him to remain until I come," Jesus answered, "what is that to you? As for you, follow me."

Therefore I testify to you that John was translated and doing what Jesus wants him to do:

(New Testament | Luke 15:4)

4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

(Doctrine and Covenants | Section 18:15 - 16)

15 And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
16 And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟426,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I know what Jesus meant when He said:

New Living Translation
Jesus replied, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? As for you, follow me.”

Contemporary English Version
Jesus answered, "What is it to you, if I want him to live until I return? You must follow me."

Christian Standard Bible
"If I want him to remain until I come," Jesus answered, "what is that to you? As for you, follow me."

Therefore I testify to you that John was translated and doing what Jesus wants him to do:

(New Testament | Luke 15:4)

4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

(Doctrine and Covenants | Section 18:15 - 16)

15 And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
16 And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!

Okay...so you're as illiterate as Joseph Smith. What's your point? That neither of you know how to read?

Wow, what great evidence for the Mormon eisegesis! I'll have to convert to Mormonism now! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Okay...so you're as illiterate as Joseph Smith. What's your point? That neither of you know how to read?

Wow, what great evidence for the Mormon eisegesis! I'll have to convert to Mormonism now! :rolleyes:
(New Testament | Luke 9:27)

27 But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.

Upvote 0