Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Exodus 32:

The People Sin.

Can you BELIEVE this???!!!! The people, because Moses was taking a while to come down from the mountain, tells Aaron to make them a golden calf to worship, and he DOES?!!!

WHAT
has gotten into Aaron, of all people to just "go along" with this abomination?

"And when the people saw that Moses delayed to come down out of the mount, the people gathered themselves together unto Aaron, and said unto him, Up, make us gods, which shall go before us; for as for this Moses, the man that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him. And Aaron said unto them, Break off the golden earrings, which are in the ears of your wives, of your sons, and of your daughters, and bring them unto me. And all the people brake off the golden earrings which were in their ears, and brought them unto Aaron. And he received them at their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool, after he had made it a molten calf: and they said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt. And when Aaron saw it, he built an altar before it; and Aaron made proclamation, and said, To morrow is a feast to the LORD. And they rose up early on the morrow, and offered burnt offerings, and brought peace offerings; and the people sat down to eat and to drink, and rose up to play. And the LORD said unto Moses, Go, get thee down; for thy people, which thou broughtest out of the land of Egypt, have corrupted themselves:" ~Exodus 32:1-7

So Moses goes down from the mount and he sees the calf and the people carousing as if they had done lost their minds, and he was full of wrath at their blatant abominations and throws down the tablets.

"And it came to pass, as soon as he came nigh unto the camp, that he saw the calf, and the dancing: and Moses' anger waxed hot, and he cast the tables out of his hands, and brake them beneath the mount." ~Exodus 32:19

moses-smashes-tablets.jpg

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Exodus 33:

Moses in the cleft of the Rock.

"And the LORD said unto Moses, I will do this thing also that thou hast spoken: for thou hast found grace in my sight, and I know thee by name. And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory. And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy. And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live. And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock: And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by: And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen." ~Exodus 33:17-23

MOSES+SEES+GOD'S+GLORY.jpg

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Exodus 34:

Moses' Face Shines.

God calls Moses up the mount again to replace the tablets that were broken.

"And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments. And it came to pass, when Moses came down from mount Sinai with the two tables of testimony in Moses' hand, when he came down from the mount, that Moses wist not that the skin of his face shone while he talked with him. And when Aaron and all the children of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone; and they were afraid to come nigh him. And Moses called unto them; and Aaron and all the rulers of the congregation returned unto him: and Moses talked with them." ~Exodus 34:28-31

34-moses-shining-face.jpg

Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Exodus 35:

Moses reads the Ten Commandments.

"And Moses gathered all the congregation of the children of Israel together, and said unto them, These are the words which the LORD hath commanded, that ye should do them." ~Exodus 35:1

MosesOnTheUSSupremeCourtHoldingTenCommandments.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Exodus 36:

Wise Hearted.

"Then wrought Bezaleel and Aholiab, and every wise hearted man, in whom the LORD put wisdom and understanding to know how to work all manner of work for the service of the sanctuary, according to all that the LORD had commanded." ~Exodus 36:1

wpid-saying-from-charles-spurgeon-wisdom-is-the-right.jpg

Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Exodus 37:

The Mercy Seat.

God instructs wise hearted men to form the Mercy Seat. On top of the ark was a lid called the mercy seat on which rested the cloud or visible symbol of the divine presence. Here God was supposed to be seated, and from this place He was supposed to dispense mercy to man when the blood of the atonement was sprinkled there.

"And he made the mercy seat of pure gold: two cubits and a half was the length thereof, and one cubit and a half the breadth thereof. And he made two cherubims of gold, beaten out of one piece made he them, on the two ends of the mercy seat; One cherub on the end on this side, and another cherub on the other end on that side: out of the mercy seat made he the cherubims on the two ends thereof. And the cherubims spread out their wings on high, and covered with their wings over the mercy seat, with their faces one to another;even to the mercy seatward were the faces of the cherubims." ~Exodus 37:6-9

cherubimoverthemercyseat1.jpg

Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Exodus 38:

The Tabernacle is completed.

"This is the sum of the tabernacle, even of the tabernacle of testimony, as it was counted, according to the commandment of Moses, for the service of the Levites, by the hand of Ithamar, son to Aaron the priest." ~Exodus 38:21

Tabernacle1-600x300.png

Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Exodus 39:

Moses blesses the people.

"The cloths of service to do service in the holyplace, and the holy garments for Aaron the priest, and his sons' garments, to minister in the priest's office. According to all that the LORD commanded Moses, so the children of Israel made all the work. And Moses did look upon all the work, and, behold, they had done it as the LORD had commanded, even so had they done it: and Moses blessed them." ~Exodus 39:41-43

www-St-Takla-org--Bible-Slides-exodus-390.jpg

Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Exodus 40:

So now we come to the 40th and last chapter of the 2nd book of the Old Testament.

Moses anoints Aaron.

"And thou shalt put upon Aaron the holy garments, and anoint him, and sanctify him; that he may minister unto me in the priest's office. And thou shalt bring his sons, and clothe them with coats: And thou shalt anoint them, as thou didst anoint their father, that they may minister unto me in the priest's office: for their anointing shall surely be an everlasting priesthood throughout their generations." ~Exodus 40:13-15

32489_all_020_07_aaron.jpg

Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Leviticus 1:

So now we move on to the 3rd book of the Old Testament: Leviticus.

God separates His people.

Leviticus gives the order of rules and worship in the Tabernacle. Can you imagine what it might have been like to be IN there? What is most astounding to me, is that God was PRESENT and seated on the Mercy Seat.

Here, in chapter 1, God guides His people in being "separate" from "worldliness", and calls them to be a "holy" people before Him, for HE is a HOLY God.

Feb+4.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Leviticus 2:

God requires the right kind of salt.

It seems that "salt" was rather crucial in the offering of the meat offering. Now what this brings to mind, of course, is the mentionings of "salt" throughout the entire Bible, including the New Testament, where it is written that salt, when it loses its "savor" is worthless and thrown out. This brings to mind "lukewarmness" and how it is written that God will "spit out" (spew from His mouth) those who are "lukewarm". It literally "nauseates" Him (sickens Him). Brings to mind something i posted about Lot's wife. She and Lot and their two daughters were ushered out of Sodom really quickly by the two angels sent to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah, but the angels could not until Lot and whoever chose to go with Lot were safely away from the city. Lot's two son's in law mocked and dismissed Lot when he attempted to warn them about the destruction that was to come. So Lot is rushing away from Sodom with his two daughters and his wife, who was trailing behind, and Lot and his two daughters heeded the warning to not look back. However his wife did not. She turned and looked back. Consequently she was turned to a pillar of salt.

Tragic.

leviticus-2-13.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Leviticus 3:

Jesus Was our ULTIMATE Sacrifice.

The Priest's sacrifices were only a "forerunner" of what was to come. And THAT is that Jesus the Christ would be the ULTIMATE and PERFECT Sacrifice, WITHOUT blemish, taking our sins away, and granting us righteous standing before God, for ALL of eternity.

"And if his oblation be a sacrifice of peace offering, if he offer it of the herd; whether it be a male or female, he shall offer it without blemish before the LORD." ~Leviticus 3:1

3657561805_98c121f3a6.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Leviticus 4:

The ULTIMATE High Priest.

Even the priests had to give atonement for their own sins, for they were not perfect. They were, as it were, a "stand-in" until the ULTIMATE High Priest would come, providing atonement once and for all that was perfect, without blemish, and would be for all of eternity.

"If the priest that is anointed do sin according to the sin of the people; then let him bring for his sin, which he hath sinned, a young bullock without blemish unto the LORD for a sin offering." ~Leviticus 4:3

joshua_high_priest.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Leviticus 5:

Sin and Mercy.

"And it shall be, when he shall be guilty in one of these things, that he shall confess that he hath sinned in that thing: And he shall bring his trespass offering unto the LORD for his sin which he hath sinned, a female from the flock, a lamb or a kid of the goats, for a sin offering; and the priest shall make an atonement for him concerning his sin." ~Leviticus 5:5-6

tumblr_mg5cqwxaMX1qhmhdfo1_500.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Leviticus 7:

The Law of the Offerings.

Leviticus 7 summarizes the offerings that God commanded.

"This is the law of the burnt offering, of the meat offering, and of the sin offering, and of the trespass offering, and of the consecrations, and of the sacrifice of the peace offerings; Which the LORD commanded Moses in mount Sinai, in the day that he commanded the children of Israel to offer their oblations unto the LORD, in the wilderness of Sinai." ~Leviticus 7:37-38

Scan6s.jpg

Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Leviticus 9:

Aaron Blesses the People.

"And Aaron lifted up his hand toward the people, and blessed them, and came down from offering of the sin offering, and the burnt offering, and peace offerings." ~Leviticus 9:22

moses-face-close.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Leviticus 10:

Strange Fire.

So Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, did something profoundly foolish. They offered up "strange fire" before the Lord.

Say what??!!!

Had they done LOST their minds??!!!

So what does God do?

He ZAPS them, literally.

"And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the LORD, which he commanded them not. And there went out fire from the LORD, and devoured them, and they died before the LORD." ~Leviticus 10:1-2

10-nadab-and-abihu.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Leviticus 11:

Clean and Unclean Food.

"For I am the LORD your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for Iam holy: neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. For I am the LORD that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: ye shall therefore be holy, for I am holy. This is the law of the beasts, and of the fowl, and of every living creature that moveth in the waters, and of every creature that creepeth upon the earth: To make a difference between the unclean and the clean, and between the beast that may be eaten and the beast that may not be eaten." ~Leviticus 11:44-47

DL-UNCLEAN.PNG

Last edited:
Upvote 0