The CF "True Church" Debate, and Pope John Paul II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAChristian

Discerning the Diaconate. Please pray for me.
Aug 17, 2003
Indiana
✟13,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This little debacle that has sprung upon us here in CF reminds me of the times when Karol Wojtyla would find ways to still express what he deemed to be the truth during post-Hitler, Stalin times.

What's interesting is that Wojtyla would take his students out canoeing, and then along the way, he'd stop and use the boat as an altar, and the oars as a cross.

During that day, had the Communists seen Wojtyla expressing his truth, he most assuredly would have been imprisoned. It was a dark time for Christians, in general.

While I'm not comparing the things that are happening here at CF to Communism (and to be honest, IMO, I think that OBOB is being a bit over-dramatic), I would encourage everyone here to stand their ground and peacefully do as John Paul encouraged us to do -- and that's live out our faith even in the face of persecution. If we are to deny what we believe to be the truth, then we deny the basic tenant of our faith.

However, I don't believe that, in the spirit of ecunemism, we should throw it out in our brother's and sister's faces (this includes the sigs. Yes, I love the ingenuity of the spoliers, but...). If we're asked, however, then we should not be silent.

Bannings would be silly. If you're going to be banned for expressing your faith in a peaceful, and honest way, then brush the dust off your feet and join Jeffrey Lloyd's humble little forum. It's a nice place, and would quickly become rather large.

Status
Not open for further replies.