The Cautionary Tale of Amari Allen

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
When I first saw that news story, it came to me how critically important it is that we do not bear false witness, as in lie.

Regardless of how you feel about your situation, like maybe getting even over others, the commandment says,
Exodus 20:16“You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

Exodus 23:1[ Justice for All ] “You shall not circulate a false report. Do not put your hand with the wicked to be an unrighteous witness.

Deuteronomy 5:20‘You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

Deuteronomy 19:16-20 New King James Version (NKJV)
16 If a false witness rises against any man to testify against him of wrongdoing, 17 then both men in the controversy shall stand before the Lord, before the priests and the judges who serve in those days. 18 And the judges shall make careful inquiry, and indeed, if the witness is a false witness, who has testified falsely against his brother, 19 then you shall do to him as he thought to have done to his brother; so you shall put away the evil from among you. 20 And those who remain shall hear and fear, and hereafter they shall not again commit such evil among you.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
I will never understand Christians. The “Law” was “Nailed to the Cross”

Except when it isn’t.
Only for those who are truly born of God were those laws nailed to the CROSS, because He bore their sins, and only the sins of the saved did He bear.

1 Timothy 1:9-11 New King James Version (NKJV)
9 knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, 10 for fornicators, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and if there is any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine, 11 according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God which was committed to my trust.

Matthew 6
14 “For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

And for liars, the judgment is still in effect.

Revelation 21:8 [Full Chapter]
But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
The Cautionary Tale of Amari Allen

This, to me, was well worth the read. I pray that both Christians and non-Christians can gain wisdom from it.
Too bad we seem unable to apply this reasoning to the highest levels of government.

Lies are lies regardless of whether they are told by a 12-year-old Black girl or the President of the United States. It is just that the impact is far greater the higher one rises in society.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I will never understand Christians. The “Law” was “Nailed to the Cross”

Except when it isn’t.
I’m not sure what that has to do with this topic.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Too bad we seem unable to apply this reasoning to the highest levels of government.

Lies are lies regardless of whether they are told by a 12-year-old Black girl or the President of the United States. It is just that the impact is far greater the higher one rises in society.

I agree. And not just the President.

But, that’s not the topic.

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
I agree. And not just the President.

But, that’s not the topic.
Oh. The topic is about the horrors of believing a 12-year-old Black girl and not about doing due diligence when anyone is lying?

Sorry. I guess I read a different article than you did.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Oh. The topic is about the horrors of believing a 12-year-old Black girl and not about doing due diligence when anyone is lying?

Sorry. I guess I read a different article than you did.
I guess you did.

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
I guess you did.
So, getting back to the 'topic', it looks like that 12-year-old Black girl out bullied those nice white boys and now she gets to pay the penalty for being uppity, huh?

Perhaps if the school administration had done something about the kids bullying her, she wouldn't have found it necessary to do that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
So, getting back to the 'topic', it looks like that 12-year-old Black girl out bullied those nice white boys and now she gets to pay the penalty for being uppity, huh?

Perhaps if the school administration had done something about the kids bullying her, she wouldn't have found it necessary to do that.
It appears that you still haven’t read the article.

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
It appears that you still haven’t read the article.
One has to admire passive/aggressive. Post an article and then say: "This, to me, was well worth the read. I pray that both Christians and non-Christians can gain wisdom from it."

Nothing there about what YOU found worthwhile or what 'wisdom' everyone is supposed to gain from it.

And then accuse me of not reading it. I did read it. It praises the school administration for not believing the Black girl while allowing the white kids to bully her. It praises the police for getting to the 'bottom' of the mess by finding out she lied about the final episode in the bullying mess.

Then it gets all churchy about not telling lies like that awful Black girl did.

So what....exactly....did you find 'well worth the read' in that article? Drop the passive/aggressive attitude and tell us why YOU thought it was worth bringing it here for discussion.

Right now, all I see for 'Christians and non-Christians' is more white supremacy by pretending that minorities should just stop fighting back and accept their fate.

You clearly think I'm wrong about it. Tell me what YOU think it is about.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
It praises the school administration for not believing the Black girl while allowing the white kids to bully her.
It didn’t do that anywhere in the article.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
And then accuse me of not reading it. I did read it. It praises the school administration for not believing the Black girl while allowing the white kids to bully her. It praises the police for getting to the 'bottom' of the mess by finding out she lied about the final episode in the bullying mess.

I read it too. What I read was that it praised the school and the police for investigating before making any final judgments or actions.

However, the article did give me the heebie-geebies for its seemingly neutral disapproval of America's 'hyperracialized' culture, while all the examples seemed eerily specific:

Amari Allen
Jussie Smollett
Tawana Brawley
Crystal Mangum

Where are...?
Susan Smith
Breana Harmon
Mitchell Dutz
Nikki Yovino
Kristen Rimes
the Scottsboro Boys

• Winner
Reactions: Tanj
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I read it too. What I read was that it praised the school and the police for investigating before making any final judgments or actions.

However, the article did give me the heebie-geebies for its seemingly neutral disapproval of America's 'hyperracialized' culture, while all the examples seemed eerily specific:

Amari Allen
Jussie Smollett
Tawana Brawley
Crystal Mangum

Where are...?
Susan Smith
Breana Harmon
Mitchell Dutz
Nikki Yovino
Kristen Rimes
the Scottsboro Boys
Is it your contention that the article should be dismissed because the author didn’t think of those examples?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Is it your contention that the article should be dismissed because the author didn’t think of those examples?

No, I'm saying it gave me the heebie-geebies because of its apparent bias.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I’m not sure how that is biased.

"every failure of those impugned with “whiteness” is attributed to racial injustice."

The essay seems peculiarly focused on protecting white people from false accusations by black accusers, as if these were the only kinds of false accusations that exist in our hyperracialized culture. This is not so.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
"every failure of those impugned with “whiteness” is attributed to racial injustice."

The essay seems peculiarly focused on protecting white people from false accusations by black accusers, as if these were the only kinds of false accusations that exist in our hyperracialized culture. This is not so.
It’s actually about the hyper-racism that seems prevalent these days. It’s not about false accusations in general. Though the principal is the same.

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
It’s actually about the hyper-racism that seems prevalent these days. It’s not about false accusations in general. Though the principal is the same.
And that hyper-racism would all go away just as soon as the colored races accept white superiority and stop being uppity. Once the colored races accept their inferiority everything will be good again in America.

The article was pretty clear where the 'problem' was located.

Upvote 0