Not open for further replies.

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian
Hello!
I have just caught up on my reading here. Amy, I'm so happy for that dream you had! When you said you wish he would really do that, I thought, don't you realize? He has! The realm of our dreams is one place where he meets us so potently! I think you should be excited about the dream, that he gave you that dream because it was what he wanted for you and himself. I remember you being envious of me because of a dream I had about him. I didn't want you to feel that way, so I kept my next dream to myself. Now that you have had a dream with him in it in such a special personal way, it sounds like you forgot how much you wanted such a dream.
Hope I don't sound too gripey, sis. You know I love you!

On a lesser note, it's neat that you got to go out for two meals on your birthday. This happened to me two years ago, and yes, it was indeed a hoot. I think the Lord arranged that for you, don't you?

I turn 50 on my next b-day and I don't know what I'm going to do. I had an over-the-hill party on my 40th that was a karaoke one, and kids in the neighborhood came. It was so fun! I don't know how to beat that, especially since we no longer live in the same place or know a lot of neighbors. Any ideas? There's plenty of time to think about it.

Well, this isn't Christmas, but I feel like saying God bless us, everyone!

Yes that's a good way to look at my dream. thanks! when I said I was envious of you it was mostly a lighthearted "envy." here's an example: I have heard sister "brides" tell me they are jealous of others who are close tp Jesus or when Jesus tells these others special things. they want Him all for themselves. Personally I have never felt like that. I want Him to be showered with abundant love, with as many brides as possible. I think of the beautiful wound in His side being filled to the brim and overflowing with rose petals, symbolic of His many brides. and if Jesus tells them something special...it is meant just for them, yet since we are ALL part of the BRIDE it overflows to us as well. So gee...when a bride tells me something Jesus said to them I am blessed out of my socks. please by all means, share your dreams. I love to hear about them. I am only "jealous" in a teasing sort of way as I want Jesus to show up on my front door step in Person. :tutu::pink::swoon:

Now you're 50th HAS to be a big bash. How about something outside? a big picnic at the park, playing the oldies, people come dressed for the 60's or 70's. My friend had a 70's party.

Upvote 0

MyLordIsMyLife

Loving my Heavenly Family
Aug 21, 2007
with my Lord and my Lady, most beautiful.
Visit site
✟10,508.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeah...don't they look beautiful?

How's about me and you going to NYC and ganging up on Jon? Poor Jon!!!:sorry:

oh wow. I'd love, love, love that :hug:

God bless

Upvote 0

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian
We'd have to have you show us around. We are country girls. Imagine 2 Amy's on your arm or as we like to call ourselves...

Thing 1
and Thing 2

Of course AmyLisa is Thing 1

0817-thing1-2.jpg

Upvote 0

MyLordIsMyLife

Aug 21, 2007
Visit site
✟10,508.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Imagine me, city boy, with my two country sisters. we'd go all over this place and I'd show you the sights

LOL, Thing Two and Thing One. You's are too lovely to compare yourselves to Doctor Seuss characters, sis! even though i did love dr. seuss :)

Upvote 0

Amylisa

Yeshua's love is my life
Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
✟23,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just received this email and wanted to share it!

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Daily Devotional by Tommy Tenney, based on his book[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Finding Favor with the King[/FONT]
RSVP (Part 2)
Protocol of the Palace #4
Worship is the protocol that protects the King and qualifies the visitor.
Finding Favor with the King, p. 42​
Scripture Reading
Matthew 22:1-14, Jesus tells the parable of a king's wedding for his son. The invited guests prove they are unworthy by refusing to come and are replaced by those brought in from the “highways.” One wedding guest, found without a wedding garment, is expelled into “outer darkness."

“Do you have an appointment?” “Please have a seat. Mr. ______will be with you shortly. ”
Protocols are a part of life. We face them every day in one form or another. From security checkpoints to reception areas, standards and procedures are in operation to screen callers, clients or visitors. This is not only for protection. It is also to help ensure that people with legitimate business get where they need to go and that others are either redirected or turned away.​
Just as worship is the protocol that protects the King, it is also the protocol that qualifies the visitor. Remember that worship is based on relationship. In Jesus' parable of the wedding, the king spots a guest who has no wedding garment. The wedding garment was a sign of relationship. It was proof that the guest had been invited and had the right to be there. Somehow an interloper had gotten inside. A “gate-crasher” had invaded the party. When he was unable to answer the king's challenge, he was evicted.​
Relationship gives us the right of access to the King. Worship is the garment that gets us through the door.​
Part of the protocol for qualifying visitors is the protocol of waiting. As I wrote in Finding Favor with the King (p. 42), waiting is worship . Many of us don't handle waiting very well. This is especially true when we have been praying for something for a while and God seems to be silent. Our fast-paced, microwave-speed, instant-everything society has conditioned us to expect immediate gratification of any desire. Sometimes God lets us wait so that we can learn patience. At other times He delays His answer because He is preparing to give us something better.​
Waiting on the Lord rearranges our priorities and reorients our perspective to those of the King. It also gauges how hungry we are for Him. Many would-be visitors to the King's presence disqualify themselves by being unwilling to wait. If their request for an audience is not answered promptly, they leave. They're either too busy or not hungry enough to hang around. And so they miss their opportunity. When their turn finally comes, they are already gone.​
Don't let impatience cause you to forfeit your opportunity to see the King. Content yourself with waiting on Him. If you wait long enough your patience will be well rewarded. You will be drawn into an intimacy with the King that is experienced by very few. “ Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord!​
Prayer Lord, thank You for the garment of righteousness You have given me in Christ that gives me the right to come into Your presence. I know that I sometimes get impatient when You don't answer my prayer right away. Forgive me. Grant me patience that I may learn to wait on You and gain entrance to the inner chamber of deeper intimacy with You.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian
awesome word AmyLisa and how true. For me silence is sometimes hard to practice. My mind wonders and I get restless. It's easier for me to talk or sing in the Lord's presence.

So lots of snow here in NY. The storm isn't going around us this time. It's a day and night for staying in doors. No prayer meeting this evening. I'll be working on my author's bio and outline for my manuscript, breaking out my watercolor pencils, and hangin' out with Jesus. Anything good on TV Thursday night?

Listen to this...a friend of mine invited me to go to...guess where? JERUSALEM...next year!

She will pay my ticket and all expenses. Well I can hardly believe this is actually going to happen so I'm not too excited yet but if this becomes a reality...wooo hooo!!!

What are you guys doing today/tonight?

Upvote 0

Amylisa

Yeshua's love is my life
Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
✟23,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
AMY!!!
JERUSALEM?!
Are you serious? Oh I pray that it WILL work out. Oh my gosh!!!!! That would be so Awesome for you!!!!!!!!! I am so excited!!

You're getting snow, hmmm....guess that means we might be too. It rained here constantly yesterday, a little more today.
It's good you are breaking out the pencils!!
I have been doing a lot of housecleaning today. Also took one of my girls to the doctor. It's been a very busy week. Seems like everyone is getting over their strep throat which is great. All of my girls are having a lot of stomach pain though so I pray that goes away soon!

Beth won't be here til Sunday now, I am looking forward to it so much.

Upvote 0

Amylisa

Yeshua's love is my life
Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
✟23,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know what you mean about being quiet. I love to be quiet, but I have trouble hearing Him when I am really trying hard to hear Him. He gets through to me more when I am not expecting it.

I have to say though, recently He has been showing me I do hear Him more than I think I do! Make us attentive Lord!

He's so beautiful~~~Sigh*

Upvote 0

MyLordIsMyLife

Aug 21, 2007
Visit site
✟10,508.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
went to a Catholic club (Newman) meeting tonight...now I'm in my room munching cookies and milk. and it IS snowing cats and dogs in New York City.

I stayed up till 4am doing a science lab. crazy stuff! had to watch monkeys at the zoo.

I feel so close to Jesus right now!! thanks so much dear Lovely Lord!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian
The Lamb IS worthy!!!

Close to Jesus...wonderful! I had a special close moment with Him today too!

I'd make a joke about monkeys but you may be too young...

Monkeys...THE MONKEES, Davy Jones, Micky Dolenz, Peter Tork, Michael Nesmith.

Before my Prince came along I had a mad crush on Davy Jones and used to love watching THE Monkees. I was a young teenager and remember praying to Jesus in my room which was plastered with large posters of Davy, when I was first getting to know the Lord, "Jesus is it alright if I still like Davy Jones?" ^_^

I'm sure Jesus chuckled and winked at the Father, "Do you think I can change her mind?" ;)

Upvote 0

knownbeforetime

Princess of the Lord of Grace and Power
Dec 27, 2004
Pittsburg, KS
Visit site
✟21,967.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
went to a Catholic club (Newman) meeting tonight...now I'm in my room munching cookies and milk. and it IS snowing cats and dogs in New York City.

I stayed up till 4am doing a science lab. crazy stuff! had to watch monkeys at the zoo.

I feel so close to Jesus right now!! thanks so much dear Lovely Lord!
My school has a Newman club too. Is that something a lot of schools have? Like Campus Crusade?

Upvote 0

Shulamite

My Bridegroom suffered this for ME
Oct 12, 2007
USA
✟18,125.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Amy! Jerusalem..... oh I am so happy for you. I have often told Yeshua I'd love to visit Israel.... It's been a longing in my heart for some time now. I am so beyond happy for you! How wonderful Yeshua is to provide for your trip through your friend!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.